BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 68
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 2:10:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I may be missing something here, but you cant really lose guns. Once you acquire one, you can change to whatever gun you want from your horse..
View Quote
I lost my Schofield revolver somewhere. Picked up a new one in black with engravings and gold inlay. Looks good.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 4:03:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
https://i.postimg.cc/Y0153348/CD22-C54-C-D8-A7-4-BD3-920-B-5-A58-B9-A9-A9-E1.png

I loved the semi-auto shotgun so much in the game that I ended up picking one up in real life. Now I’m looking for a Single Action revolver.
View Quote
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Best-entry-level-cowboy-revolver-/5-2160218/
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 4:21:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I may be missing something here, but you cant really lose guns. Once you acquire one, you can change to whatever gun you want from your horse..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My repeater is gone. I think that I lost it saving a guy from a pack of wolves. After the fight, I was policing the area and found a poor repeater on the ground near the rock that the guy was on. I figured that it was his and left it. Apparently, it was mine.

Since I refuse to buy another, where can I find a replacement for free. The better repeaters are still locked, so I'm guessing that I will get one in a mission at some point.

Instead of buying another one, I bought a Springfield for hunting. I can use the Auto 5 for dispatching bad guys until I can replace my lost repeater.
There is a glitch.  If you die sometimes you lose a gun.  Rare, but it happened to me.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 7:30:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I've been wondering what each of the in game guns translates to IRL (I'm not super familiar with the older guns) so I'm glad to see this. I would love to see a list somewhere though.
View Quote
@Maverick52

List of all the guns in RDR2

Imfdb is your friend.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 8:07:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
https://i.postimg.cc/Y0153348/CD22-C54-C-D8-A7-4-BD3-920-B-5-A58-B9-A9-A9-E1.png

I loved the semi-auto shotgun so much in the game that I ended up picking one up in real life. Now I’m looking for a Single Action revolver.
View Quote
Nice! But I'm blaming you if the prices get driven up because I've been looking at single actions for the past few weeks.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 8:08:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
All I know is I can’t fish for shit!
View Quote
Use dynamite.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 2:00:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
@Maverick52

Imfdb is your friend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been wondering what each of the in game guns translates to IRL (I'm not super familiar with the older guns) so I'm glad to see this. I would love to see a list somewhere though.
@Maverick52

Imfdb is your friend.
Nice. Never heard of IMFDB but I like it!
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 5:44:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There is a glitch.  If you die sometimes you lose a gun.  Rare, but it happened to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My repeater is gone. I think that I lost it saving a guy from a pack of wolves. After the fight, I was policing the area and found a poor repeater on the ground near the rock that the guy was on. I figured that it was his and left it. Apparently, it was mine.

Since I refuse to buy another, where can I find a replacement for free. The better repeaters are still locked, so I'm guessing that I will get one in a mission at some point.

Instead of buying another one, I bought a Springfield for hunting. I can use the Auto 5 for dispatching bad guys until I can replace my lost repeater.
I lost the semi auto shotgun but it was available again where I originally found it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 7:45:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Moose have to be one of the most annoying things to hunt in this game...

I've spent all my gaming time over the last 3 days trying to bag three moose, I've gotten two. Checking all the spots the map shows in a big loop, reloading the game, sleeping, etc.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 7:51:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I've spent all my gaming time over the last 3 days trying to bag three moose, I've gotten two. Checking all the spots the map shows in a big loop, reloading the game, sleeping, etc.
View Quote
I have had good luck around Cairn Lake in the NW corner.

Bonus, even when not finding a moose, this area has a frequent grizzly and wolf spawn. I have never gone to the lake and not seen wolves. And I see a grizzly/moose about 50% of the time.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 8:00:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I have had good luck around Cairn Lake in the NW corner.

Bonus, even when not finding a moose, this area has a frequent grizzly and wolf spawn. I have never gone to the lake and not seen wolves. And I see a grizzly/moose about 50% of the time.
View Quote
I've killed a moose there in the past and it's the best spot for seeing them so far. I killed 3 moose up there, only one was a perfect pelt. I think the bones from the carcasses might be keeping new ones from spawning. Also yeah, lots of wolves. A trail of bodies along that path.

The other spots I had luck at was the one closest to the trapper in the NE, then the furthest one in the NE. Haven't ever seen any in the spots in west elizabeth and western new hanover.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 8:21:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Having a bitch of a time breaking that Arabian horse.  I can get on him but get tossed right off.

Eta: nevermind I got it
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 8:33:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Having a bitch of a time breaking that Arabian horse.  I can get on him but get tossed right off.

Eta: nevermind I got it
View Quote
Took me a while as well. Over the course of two days. Seemed like the work was cumulative as day two required only a minute or so of effort.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 9:03:14 PM EDT
[#14]
LoL!!!

I just came across the KKK setting up for their rally....that's funny.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 11:21:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
i have that coffee table.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 11:30:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Go to Roanoke forest at night.  Listen for the creepy voices, it kind of freaked me out.

Link Posted: 11/13/2018 11:48:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Just finished chapter 6 today.
actually got a little dusty in here.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 11:53:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
LoL!!!

I just came across the KKK setting up for their rally....that's funny.
View Quote
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 11:53:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just finished chapter 6 today.
actually got a little dusty in here.
View Quote
Now you only have 20 hours of epilogue left.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:06:34 AM EDT
[#20]
I think I just unlocked the legendary panther without story progress. I found some camp east of Fort Wallace who told me about it.

Edit: it was one of th me few times I let a character talk without killing them after 5,seconds.

I'm on chapter 2
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:21:19 AM EDT
[#21]
may want to spoiler tag that before you get cried at
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:22:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Just wandered into the Indian,village. Wtf. Why is my horse sooooo slow. Whoever made the decision at rockstar should be fired
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:30:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Just wandered into the Indian,village. Wtf. Why is my horse sooooo slow. Whoever made the decision at rockstar should be fired
View Quote
Probably done it because the controls are so clumsy you wouod run into people related to the story line causing you to get a bounty and to be unable to progress.

I cant ride a horse through a town without some asshole walking out in front if me causing me to get a bounty,
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:38:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Probably done it because the controls are so clumsy you wouod run into people related to the story line causing you to get a bounty and to be unable to progress.

I cant ride a horse through a town without some asshole walking out in front if me causing me to get a bounty,
View Quote
I try not to drive my car through flea markets.
I kinda think of it like that.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:41:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Game glitch, the whole part 1 and 2 of the love letter thing, Beau(?) was invisible during the whole thing. It made for some weird riding shots and cutscenes
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:35:39 AM EDT
[#26]
I have now found 2 mutilated bodies strung up and still dripping.

One from the bottom side of a train tracks bridge and one from a tree.

At one site the word 'beware' was painted on the tree the body (or what was left of it) was hung from.

Just a side story... or something more?? Spooky!
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:49:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

At one site the word 'beware' was painted on the tree the body (or what was left of it) was hung from.

View Quote
Some serial killer or cult it seems. I found the first one by the train tracks but the scent trail dies out pretty close. Eta: There's a note by the train tracks one
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 3:47:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
There is a partial map stuffed in the mouth of the severed head near each of them.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 5:17:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Finally got the legendary gator to trigger.

Jumped the gun the first time and was eaten. Second time he got the full mag tube from my repeater.

Now I have a new hat.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:38:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Anyone met a falconer named Jerry? The trapper mentioned him to me, but I haven't found him. Hunting sucks west of Annesburg, too. Trapper is a liar.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 11:36:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Anyone met a falconer named Jerry? The trapper mentioned him to me, but I haven't found him. Hunting sucks west of Annesburg, too. Trapper is a liar.
View Quote
The hunting west of annesberg is fine for me.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 11:40:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Even the wide streets of Saint Denis are a gamble.  Dumb whore walks out in front of you and gets trampled and next thing you know 85 cops are shooting at you.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 12:21:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Even the wide streets of Saint Denis are a gamble.  Dumb whore walks out in front of you and gets trampled and next thing you know 85 cops are shooting at you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Obey the speed limit you hooligan. It's a four beat walk / two beat trot zone!
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:32:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Fuckin' A.  I might as well be hunting unicorns.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:38:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm tripping over unicorns. Still no 3rd moose.

I did go back up to the lake & used dynamite to destroy the carcasses just incase they were preventing a spawn.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:40:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I did go back up to the lake & used dynamite to destroy the carcasses just incase they were preventing a spawn.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone know how long it takes before those go away on their own?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:41:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quick google search popped up a few videos on how to force some moose spawns. Didn't bother watching to see if they were legit, but in case you get sick of trying to do it the regular way, that's apparently out there.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:46:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
I can tell you it's more than two in-game weeks
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:54:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?  I've taken out a lot of boar and deer around camp and it seems like those bodies disappear way sooner than two weeks.

Also any specific reason you're looking for 3 moose?  I just needed one for the camp.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:56:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Really?  I've taken out a lot of boar and deer around camp and it seems like those bodies disappear way sooner than two weeks.

Also any specific reason you're looking for 3 moose?  I just needed one for the camp.
View Quote
1 for camp, 2 for trapper?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:00:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, I forgot about him. Considering I can't seem to consistently store one of his outfits on my horse I kinda lost interest.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:05:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Finally found that fucking badger. Crafted all of the satchels that can be made in the Arthur storyline.

My current gripe is the cigarette cards. I have well over a dozen, but no more than 3 in a given set.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:07:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Ah, I forgot about him. Considering I can't seem to consistently store one of his outfits on my horse I kinda lost interest.
View Quote
I have no problem storing 5 sets on my horse. My complaint is that as soon as I change one of the things in the set I am wearing, it saves that as the new norm for that set.

Example: Wearing Saved Set 1. Go to the trapper and buy 4x new unlocked items, it automatically puts them on you. If I go to the horse and select wear "Saved Set 1" it doesn't revert me back to what I had saved, it automatically put those 4 new items as the "Saved" set.

Edit: So I keep 1 of my 5 saved sets as a "buying clothes and shit" set. Then I rotate the other 4 as sets I actually wear around.

Double Edit: Current rotation is a hunting set, a normal town set, a robbing set, and a WTF is that guy wearing set.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 3:16:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got the one for camp a while ago. That was actually a PITA because it had to be a bull. I'm not sure if they trapper needs just three or if I only needed three by the time I decided to write my list down (I seem to remember killing some moose and taking them to him prior to making the list, but not if they were perfect), but that's how many I needed to be able to make all the items that still required a perfect moose pelt. That was including the the regular clothes and not the garment sets that use the legendary animals.

Maybe some carcasses go away faster based on the "biome" it's in, activity level, scavenger animals spawned, or proximity to certain things on the map? Cairn(?) lake is pretty much in the middle of nowhere and as you know, it's full on freezing up there. I've probably got 20+ hours in the game just looking for these damn moose and I stopped to setup camp or to sleep in a cabin MANY times to try and reset a spawn or something, along with traveling away and back. 2 weeks in game time is my conservative estimate.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 3:18:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Finally found that fucking badger. Crafted all of the satchels that can be made in the Arthur storyline.

My current gripe is the cigarette cards. I have well over a dozen, but no more than 3 in a given set.
View Quote
I felt a little dumb as I just realized you can buy the cards to farm them instead of just finding them in the world. At least you can buy them from the companion app, which is what I did.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 3:38:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I felt a little dumb as I just realized you can buy the cards to farm them instead of just finding them in the world. At least you can buy them from the companion app, which is what I did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where in the app?

Do you get cards from the packs you use?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 3:54:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Where in the app?
View Quote
You'll need it all setup with your social club login and such before the app will be able to interact with your game.

Before logging in to your game, go in the app then in the Catalogue, click MENU, click GOODS & SUPPLIES, scroll down to Premium Cig's, click BUY.

When you load the game the stuff will be "delivered" to you.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 4:00:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
edit nvm

Wait.. I have premium cigs... what do I do with them to get the cards?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 4:02:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

edit nvm
View Quote
Look one post up.

I did it earlier, cards show up in your inventory the same as if you just picked them out of a camp or cabin or whatever. Tells you which collectable card you got and everything.

edit due to your edit: Every time you find premium cigs you get one of the collectable cards, so when you buy them you get the collectables as well.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Look one post up.

I did it earlier, cards show up in your inventory the same as if you just picked them out of a camp or cabin or whatever. Tells you which collectable card you got and everything.

edit due to your edit: Every time you find premium cigs you get one of the collectable cards, so when you buy them you get the collectables as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

edit nvm
Look one post up.

Is there any benefit to collecting full sets?
Page / 68
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top