Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 68
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 4:04:37 PM EDT
[#1]
The base storage capacity for each item is 5.

The Legend of the East satchel increases your inventory for most items to 99.

Kind of makes realistically being only able to carry only 2 handguns and 2 long guns at a time seem a bit ridiculous when you can comfortably carry around over 1,000 pounds worth of stuff on your person.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 4:09:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I got my official guide today. It's a pretty nice book. I wanted all of the maps.

Also, there has been a consistent moose spawn up by the white Arabian horse.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 4:09:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is there any benefit to collecting full sets?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

edit nvm
Look one post up.

I did it earlier, cards show up in your inventory the same as if you just picked them out of a camp or cabin or whatever. Tells you which collectable card you got and everything.

edit due to your edit: Every time you find premium cigs you get one of the collectable cards, so when you buy them you get the collectables as well.
You get a crafting reward when you mail in a complete set.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 4:14:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Look one post up.

I did it earlier, cards show up in your inventory the same as if you just picked them out of a camp or cabin or whatever. Tells you which collectable card you got and everything.

edit due to your edit: Every time you find premium cigs you get one of the collectable cards, so when you buy them you get the collectables as well.
View Quote
So do you have to smoke the cigs to get the card, or simply just buy the pack and it automatically gives it to you?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 4:14:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not sure what all it gives you, but I believe you might need it for 100% completion.. If your trying for that..
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 4:29:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So do you have to smoke the cigs to get the card, or simply just buy the pack and it automatically gives it to you?
View Quote
You have to smoke the premium cigarettes if you already have 5 in your satchel. You have to make room for the new pack.

BTW, you can buy premium cigs in the general stores. Each pack contains a card. Also pick up every premium cig pack you find in the wild. They also have cards.

ETA - you don't have to smoke the cigs to get the card. You get the card with the pack. The only time you have to smoke is if you have too many in your inventory to pick up or purchase a new pack.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You have to smoke the premium cigarettes if you already have 5 in your satchel. You have to make room for the new pack.

BTW, you can buy premium cigs in the general stores. Each pack contains a card. Also pick up every premium cig pack you find in the wild. They also have cards.

ETA - you don't have to smoke the cigs to get the card. You get the card with the pack. The only time you have to smoke is if you have too many in your inventory to pick up or purchase a new pack.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the key to this is to exit the game and reload after buying through the app?

The only time I’ve exited the game so far was to fix a glitch a couple of days ago.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Relevant to the recent hunting discussions
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 5:03:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I tried to use the app on my Samsung tablet (didn't want it running on the phone constantly while playing), but apparently it's not compatible with that device.  
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 5:09:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Goto a general store.

Stand in front of premium cigaretes on shelf.

Buy 3 packs.   Goto inventory and dispose of all of them.  Buy 3 more packs.  Repeat til all cards are collected.

Takes about 20min-half hour if you have no cards.

When all sets are collected go turn them in.

Keep rewards.   Will cost about 2k ingame currency.  You get multiple rewards back for each set and complete set.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 5:12:34 PM EDT
[#11]
As we discussed on a previous page. One of the rewards should be a pair of some type of handcuff which is required for one of the trinkets.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Goto a general store.

Buy 3 packs.   Goto inventory and dispose of all of them.  Buy 3 more packs.  Repeat til all cards are collected.

Keep rewards.   Will cost about 2k ingame currency.  You get multiple rewards back for each set and complete set.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Goto a general store.

$2k? Damn.

Even with the good guy discount?

Edit: I guess I know what I’m doing when I get home tonight.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Kind of makes realistically being only able to carry only 2 handguns and 2 long guns at a time seem a bit ridiculous when you can comfortably carry around over 1,000 pounds worth of stuff on your person.
View Quote
PAGES back I mentioned everyone should go farm the satchel ingredients for that reason. Crazy satchel upgrade. Becomes the Bad of Holding.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 5:19:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mostly correct. No need to smoke to get the collectible card, anytime you buy/pickup a pack of premium cigs you automatically have it added to your inventory. You can just discard the cig packs afterwards & keep the collectible card. If you want the effects of the cigs, you have to smoke them.

Quoted:

Goto a general store.

I figured you could buy them in one of the stores, but I haven't been to town in awhile to try it. Just buying supplies on the app.

Quoted:

The only time I’ve exited the game so far was to fix a glitch a couple of days ago.
That's the only time it delivers stuff to me, so I think so but I'm not 100% sure.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 5:23:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Mostly correct. No need to smoke to get the collectible card, anytime you buy/pickup a pack of premium cigs you automatically have it added to your inventory. You can just discard the cig packs afterwards & keep the collectible card. If you want the effects of the cigs, you have to smoke them.

I figured you could buy them in one of the stores, but I haven't been to town in awhile to try it. Just buying supplies on the app.

That's the only time it delivers stuff to me, so I think so but I'm not 100% sure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Goto a general store.

Quoted:

Gotcha. Ty.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 5:24:31 PM EDT
[#16]
My Son played the first part, and I copied his progress and just started running loose. Stole a train, escaped. I got the lever action repeater, schoefield, and found a 38 revolver under a bed. Ive been all over the damn place without doing any story line.
I found a double barrel on some robbers out in the woods. Claimed that, and its brutal.
I have the pirate sword.  I been doing things off youtube vids to get guns and gold. Seen a cougar and was attacked by a wolf. Been trying to whore it up. Found out thats bullshit.

I managed to kill a guy for 24 cents.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 5:24:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Goto a general store.

View Quote
Well shit... Ive got like 10 or 20 packs.. I think.. Enough packs to where I cant carry anymore... So your saying I can just discard them? Ive already gotten the cards from them, and that I dont actualy have to sit there and puff thru countless packs to get the cards?  I forget, do I sell them at the fence?

Edit.. nvm, few post up nailed it.. Thanks
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Relevant to the recent hunting discussions
https://i.imgur.com/PPaFneJ.png?1
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:01:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Is this game much better than the 1st Red Dead Revolver?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:11:28 PM EDT
[#20]
When you drop animal bait how long does it remain active?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:12:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
It most ways: yes.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:14:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
I never played revolver, but my understanding is that it was quite a bit different style of gameplay than Redemption 1.

Redemption 2 is very similar to 1, just on steroids.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:35:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
It seems useless and shorter lasting compared to last game. It's probably more realistic though. You could drop it between your horses legs last time, and you would still have animals coming to get it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:52:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It seems useless and shorter lasting compared to last game. It's probably more realistic though. You could drop it between your horses legs last time, and you would still have animals coming to get it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The shit is useless IMO.

Anything it attracts is stuff that is already in the immediate area. I don't want that stuff, I want to bring some other animal in to me versus stumbling through the woods half blind.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:40:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Still no moose.

Looked by the white arabian as well.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:42:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Still no moose.

View Quote
Only moose I have seen is the legendary... It is dead. The horse isn't worth the effort imo. I spent 40 min trying to,find it and gave up. Odds are it tumbles down a mountain to its death anyways.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:47:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Only moose I have seen is the legendary... It is dead. The horse isn't worth the effort imo. I spent 40 min trying to,find it and gave up. Odds are it tumbles down a mountain to its death anyways.
View Quote
I dont like white horses anyways.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:57:16 AM EDT
[#28]
I finally came across the Klan in the woods.

I chucked a stick of dynamite into the group and killed them all. It's funny, Arthur said something along the line of killing all the sumbitches. Yet when I approached the Klansman's horses so I could search the saddle bags, he seemed gentle and caring as he tried to calm them.

I am still in chapter 3, but it seems the only thing in game the guy cares about, are horses.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:00:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I am still in chapter 3, but it seems the only thing in game the guy cares about, are horses.
View Quote
I like horses better than most people.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 4:46:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I lost the semi auto shotgun but it was available again where I originally found it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My repeater is gone. I think that I lost it saving a guy from a pack of wolves. After the fight, I was policing the area and found a poor repeater on the ground near the rock that the guy was on. I figured that it was his and left it. Apparently, it was mine.

Since I refuse to buy another, where can I find a replacement for free. The better repeaters are still locked, so I'm guessing that I will get one in a mission at some point.

Instead of buying another one, I bought a Springfield for hunting. I can use the Auto 5 for dispatching bad guys until I can replace my lost repeater.
I may be missing something here, but you cant really lose guns. Once you acquire one, you can change to whatever gun you want from your horse..
There is a glitch. If you die sometimes you lose a gun. Rare, but it happened to me.
I lost the semi auto shotgun but it was available again where I originally found it.
Oh, nice!  Great tip thanks!
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 4:47:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Having a bitch of a time breaking that Arabian horse. I can get on him but get tossed right off.

Eta: nevermind I got it
View Quote
Is there a trick to breaking horses.  I've ridden that damn thing many times, but no luck.
I usually pat it several times and don't use the rope.  Still no luck.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 9:53:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Is there a trick to breaking horses.  I've ridden that damn thing many times, but no luck.
View Quote
Once you get close enough to pat it you can get on. After that you'll need to move the left stick to counter its bucking motions for a brief time. (I'd guess it took maybe 10-15 seconds at most to break the white Arabian.) The hardest part for me was when I was finally able to get on, we were in the middle of a bunch of trees and I could barely see which way the damn thing was bucking.
Only took one attempt though.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:10:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Once you get close enough to pat it you can get on. After that you'll need to move the left stick to counter its bucking motions for a brief time. (I'd guess it took maybe 10-15 seconds at most to break the white Arabian.) The hardest part for me was when I was finally able to get on, we were in the middle of a bunch of trees and I could barely see which way the damn thing was bucking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It can be hard to see the instructions.  You have to hold back on the stick and swing it left or right to counter the horse's movements.  It took me a few tries because I didn't see you had to hold the stick back.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:15:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It can be hard to see the instructions.  You have to hold back on the stick and swing it left or right to counter the horse's movements.  It took me a few tries because I didn't see you had to hold the stick back.
View Quote
Good point, I forgot about having to hold back at the same time.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:35:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Where in the HELL is this damn alligator? Ive looked all over the area.. Cant even get the message to trigger.... Ive left, came back.. camped came back... Does killing the animals around the area keep from the message coming up? Cause Ive killed a shit load of gators..
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:39:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
I had the same problem last night trying to get the horse for my son. It threw me probably 10 times. Then I got attacked by wolves and could never find it again.

Do you only hold back? The instructions make it seem like you need to hold forward as well? Or do you move the controller forward and back with each movement?

I'm letting my 8 year old play. He's barely into Chapter 2. He just wants to hunt and find treasure maps. Now that he has the guide he's just looking for artifacts.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:49:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I had the same problem last night trying to get the horse for my son. It threw me probably 10 times. Then I got attacked by wolves and could never find it again.

Do you only hold back? The instructions make it seem like you need to hold forward as well? Or do you move the controller forward and back with each movement?

I'm letting my 8 year old play. He's barely into Chapter 2. He just wants to hunt and find treasure maps. Now that he has the guide he's just looking for artifacts.
View Quote
You hold back the whole time, but also move the stick left and right to counter the horse's movements.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:53:13 AM EDT
[#38]
I want to shoot Micah in the face
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:04:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I want to shoot Micah in the face
View Quote
Agreed.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:06:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Red Dead Revolver was a totally different game than the two Redemptions. It's been years, but IIRC the only thing that is even close to the same between them is the dead eye system.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:19:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
I shot a nice Moose up on the ridge to the East of that big waterfall near where the Legendary Moose was.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:21:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Agreed.
View Quote
I tend to blow up Dutch multiple times during any of the missions where I am going to have to listen to him talk for something like riding from Rhodes to St Denis.    I hate the Dutch character more than any other in the game.

Wish I could kill off the entire gang.    That is the part I wish they fleshed out better, getting to have choices for replacing or killing off members of the gang.

Blow him up 3 times and skip checkpoint.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:31:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still no moose.

My goal yesterday was to hunt a three star bull moose. I searched around Cairn Lake with no luck. Ended up taking a 3 star wolf & bighorn back to the trapper. I did see a bull moose one time at Barrow Lagoon.

I think I'll try around Brandywine Drop tonight.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:54:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I like horses better than most people.
View Quote
I fucking hate horses IRL, they're bastards.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:02:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
My goal yesterday was to hunt a three star bull moose. I searched around Cairn Lake with no luck. Ended up taking a 3 star wolf & bighorn back to the trapper. I did see a bull moose one time at Barrow Lagoon.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still no moose.

I saw a moose at Barrow Lagoon the very first time I rode past. I think it was a scripted encounter. The second time I rode by it was a grizz fighting wolves.

I've killed all my bull moose at Cairn lake.

I killed one near the waterfall & legendary spot. Just before I killed the Legendary. Haven't seen one there since.

The rest I killed at the spot between the legendary moose & the trapper but the spawn is very very random.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:12:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I saw a moose at Barrow Lagoon the very first time I rode past. I think it was a scripted encounter. The second time I rode by it was a grizz fighting wolves.

I've killed all my bull moose at Cairn lake.

I killed one near the waterfall & legendary spot. Just before I killed the Legendary. Haven't seen one there since.

The rest I killed at the spot between the legendary moose & the trapper but the spawn is very very random.
View Quote
Every time I am up at barrow lagoon there is a bear fighting wolves over a carcass.   Literally every damn time.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:30:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Every time I am up at barrow lagoon there is a bear fighting wolves over a carcass.   Literally every damn time.
View Quote
Do you kill it? It attacked me & I killed it, haven't seen it since. Only got attacked by wolves once after that as well.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:41:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait.  Pull the stick back?  I've been pushing it down the whole time.  Doh!
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:49:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
PAGES back I mentioned everyone should go farm the satchel ingredients for that reason. Crazy satchel upgrade. Becomes the Bad of Holding.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been trying to hunt for satchel ingredients but it's annoying to talk to Pearson or the trapper then try and remember what the fuck I'm supposed to find. I remember someone posting a list of the ingredients you need; perhaps it was you, but I can't seem to find it in this mountainous thread. Could I get it reposted?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:49:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Do you kill it? It attacked me & I killed it, haven't seen it since. Only got attacked by wolves once after that as well.
View Quote
I know I killed them at least once, I usually watch.  Bear always wins.
Page / 68
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top