BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 68
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:52:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I know I killed them at least once, I usually watch.  Bear always wins.
View Quote
I watched as well. Tried to scare the bear off by shooting the pistol in the air, didnt work, he got angry.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:53:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I've been trying to hunt for satchel ingredients but it's annoying to talk to Pearson or the trapper then try and remember what the fuck I'm supposed to find. I remember someone posting a list of the ingredients you need; perhaps it was you, but I can't seem to find it in this mountainous thread. Could I get it reposted?
View Quote
Do ya have a smart phone? Take a picture of the screen with your phone when it shows the items you need.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:59:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Do ya have a smart phone? Take a picture of the screen with your phone when it shows the items you need.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been trying to hunt for satchel ingredients but it's annoying to talk to Pearson or the trapper then try and remember what the fuck I'm supposed to find. I remember someone posting a list of the ingredients you need; perhaps it was you, but I can't seem to find it in this mountainous thread. Could I get it reposted?
Damn, I never thought of that. I'll do that then. I'm still in chapter 2 and refuse to do any story missions until I start upgrading stuff.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:09:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The base storage capacity for each item is 5.

The Legend of the East satchel increases your inventory for most items to 99.

Kind of makes realistically being only able to carry only 2 handguns and 2 long guns at a time seem a bit ridiculous when you can comfortably carry around over 1,000 pounds worth of stuff on your person.
PAGES back I mentioned everyone should go farm the satchel ingredients for that reason. Crazy satchel upgrade. Becomes the Bad of Holding.
Google doc for ALL ingredients needed by each: Link

If you want just the satchels it looks like it is:
1x Beaver
1x Bison
1x Boar
1x Buck
1x Cougar
7x Deer
3x Elk
1x Iguana
2x Panther
1x Raccoon
1x Wolf
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:21:21 PM EDT
[#5]
So I’ve completed 9 of the 13 cigarette card sets. Bought a shitload of packs at the Saint Denis general store. Don’t seem to be making any further progress.

Do the rarer cards have to be found out and about?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:28:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Where in the HELL is this damn alligator? Ive looked all over the area.. Cant even get the message to trigger.... Ive left, came back.. camped came back... Does killing the animals around the area keep from the message coming up? Cause Ive killed a shit load of gators..
View Quote
@wpsharpshooter

I heard from a coworker today that you have to be passed chapter 4 to find the gator.  I spent 3 hours hunting for him the other day and never found him.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:29:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So I've completed 9 of the 13 cigarette card sets. Bought a shitload of packs at the Saint Denis general store. Don't seem to be making any further progress.

View Quote
All the cards can be gained from packs, but it is random. If you know which specific card you need, check this guide for their locations: Link
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:35:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

@wpsharpshooter

I heard from a coworker today that you have to be passed chapter 4 to find the gator.  I spent 3 hours hunting for him the other day and never found him.
View Quote
No dice homie... Im on into chapter 5 now and it isnt spawning... Ive read that some people are finding it in chapter 4 and its not spawning for other people until chapter 6.. I guess Im one of the lucky ones to have it spawn later in the chapters... FUCK
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:37:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So I’ve completed 9 of the 13 cigarette card sets. Bought a shitload of packs at the Saint Denis general store. Don’t seem to be making any further progress.

View Quote
You can get every card thru buying the packs at the general store.. The more you buy the longer it takes because your getting duplicate cards... I got all 144 cards last night buying the packs at the store, so it can be accomplished this way...
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:40:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

1x Beaver
1x Bison
1x Boar
1x Buck
1x Cougar
7x Deer
3x Elk
1x Iguana
2x Panther
1x Raccoon
1x Wolf
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kind of makes realistically being only able to carry only 2 handguns and 2 long guns at a time seem a bit ridiculous when you can comfortably carry around over 1,000 pounds worth of stuff on your person.
PAGES back I mentioned everyone should go farm the satchel ingredients for that reason. Crazy satchel upgrade. Becomes the Bad of Holding.

1x Beaver
1x Bison
1x Boar
1x Buck
1x Cougar
7x Deer
3x Elk
1x Iguana
2x Panther
1x Raccoon
1x Wolf
Dumb question?  Won't the skins rot before you can turn all of those in?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:42:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nope.

Keep buying
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:42:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Once you turn them in.. They are there " held in time " so to speak
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:43:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

1x Beaver
1x Bison
1x Boar
1x Buck
1x Cougar
7x Deer
3x Elk
1x Iguana
2x Panther
1x Raccoon
1x Wolf
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1x Beaver
1x Bison
1x Boar
1x Buck
1x Cougar
7x Deer
3x Elk
1x Iguana
2x Panther
1x Raccoon
1x Wolf
Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:46:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh thanks!
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:47:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
You have to take them to the tanning station and pay to have them done or do the necessary quest to learn how to do it yourself
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:56:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I saw a moose at Barrow Lagoon the very first time I rode past. I think it was a scripted encounter. The second time I rode by it was a grizz fighting wolves.

I've killed all my bull moose at Cairn lake.

I killed one near the waterfall & legendary spot. Just before I killed the Legendary. Haven't seen one there since.

The rest I killed at the spot between the legendary moose & the trapper but the spawn is very very random.
View Quote
Could be a scripted encounter. I saw tons of deer, elk, wolves and bighorn at the lake but not one moose. I'm might try using a scent cover and herbivore bait. I wonder if the storyline progress may effect it. I've played a lot but I'm still in chapter 3.

This game has so many great small details. I shot a wolf and then skinned it. I later circled back a few minutes later and noticed a fox eating the carcass. I wonder if you shot an big game animal such as an elk and left it, would it eventually attract a bear or a wolves.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:00:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
All the cards can be gained from packs, but it is random. If you know which specific card you need, check this guide for their locations: Link
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I've completed 9 of the 13 cigarette card sets. Bought a shitload of packs at the Saint Denis general store. Don't seem to be making any further progress.

Ty.

Turns out I had all the cards after all.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:03:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Could be a scripted encounter. I saw tons of deer, elk, wolves and bighorn at the lake but not one moose. I'm might try using a scent cover and herbivore bait. I wonder if the storyline progress may effect it. I've played a lot but I'm still in chapter 3.

This game has so many great small details. I shot a wolf and then skinned it. I later circled back a few minutes later and noticed a fox eating the carcass. I wonder if you shot an big game animal such as an elk and left it, would it eventually attract a bear or a wolves.
View Quote
Bait only pulls in animals in the immediate area. Things wont spawn just to go to it IME. Its only use, IMO, is pulling back an animal you spooked off.

I went and did some storyline missions to see if that helped reset anything and I'm still not seeing moose.

Carcasses do seem to bring in scavengers. Im not sure if they have to be present nearby or if the game will spawn them. I know crows often show up practically immediately on kills.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:18:33 PM EDT
[#19]
No luck on the horse, but I got a perfect moose.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:19:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
No luck on the horse, but I got a perfect moose.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:31:51 PM EDT
[#21]
I thought wolves only came in packs of 5-6 at most out in the wild, but I was riding east of Hanging Dog Ranch and rode upon a superpack.  It had to be at least a dozen of them.  If my horse would have kicked me off no way was I making it out of there.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:32:30 PM EDT
[#22]
That horse hates my ass, but I got a perfect moose and a perfect cougar in the same trip.  BTW bolt action rifle works great on the cougar stalking the trappers camp.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:39:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
That horse hates my ass, but I got a perfect moose and a perfect cougar in the same trip.  BTW bolt action rifle works great on the cougar stalking the trappers camp.
View Quote
Wait!  Sell to butcher at your camp, not trader!  Thank God for save files.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 3:07:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They can be used for crafting at both.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:19:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Taking a picture of the screen so I apologize for the quality.

But this is my favorite horse so far. Medium sized, larger than the tiny Arabian. Blue roan with black socks and head. Race handling

The pic doesn’t do it justice. Neat horse.

There was a group when I was hunting the legendary buck. Not sure if it was a random spawn. Or if that’s where that particular breed is found. There where two towns and a paint.

In the bright direct sun he’s extremely blue. I haven’t seen any other horses in game quite like it.

I’ve broken quite a few. Do they just disappear forever when you sell them? It’s a shame cause I’ve collected so pretty cool ones.

Are there always only four stable spaces available or can you have all different horses at different stables?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:24:58 PM EDT
[#26]
At what point do you unlock or meet the trapper? I think I'm on chapter 3 and still haven't seen him. I've seen the butchers at different towns and the fat balding guy at my camp but no trappers.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:31:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
At what point do you unlock or meet the trapper? I think I'm on chapter 3 and still haven't seen him. I've seen the butchers at different towns and the fat balding guy at my camp but no trappers.
View Quote
I believe he is available immediately... If not it would be after you do the legendary bear quest from camp early in chapter 2. "Exit Pursued by a Bruised Ego"

Edit: His icon on the map is a paw print. Available in Saint Denis, in the woods North East of Emerald Ranch, NW edge of Flat Iron Lake (the giant one that Blackwater sits on), Western edge of the map along the Lower Montana River, NW of Strawberry at the edge of the map at the top of a stream that feeds into Owanjila Lake.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:36:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
There are a couple trapper locations, you just go to those locations. First one is SW of Valentine, on a ridge overlooking Riggs Station.

There was a stranger encounter with an old vet with a prosthetic leg that had a beautiful off white horse. I just ran by him again at his shack, it’s a Dutch Warmblood in Cremello Gold color. Was gonna take a pic buy afternoons suck for glare in my living room.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:37:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I believe he is available immediately... If not it would be after you do the legendary bear quest from camp early in chapter 2. "Exit Pursued by a Bruised Ego"

Edit: His icon on the map is a paw print. Available in Saint Denis, in the woods North East of Emerald Ranch, NW edge of Flat Iron Lake (the giant one that Blackwater sits on), Western edge of the map along the Lower Montana River, NW of Strawberry at the edge of the map at the top of a stream that feeds into Owanjila Lake.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's odd, I remember playing that mission but no paw print icons are on my map. Must be a bug or game glitch.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:38:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

But this is my favorite horse so far. Medium sized, larger than the tiny Arabian. Blue roan with black socks and head. Race handling

There was a group when I was hunting the legendary buck. Not sure if it was a random spawn. Or if that’s where that particular breed is found. There where two towns and a paint.

https://i.postimg.cc/rF1pfQjM/54693444-D45-E-4-C79-85-FD-48694-D63697-F.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/Fs5Rb2jT/A7-C04845-3-F5-A-4407-B78-D-DA17-FD62024-F.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/KcgjMZgK/B3316-EB3-0459-4-EA0-B143-EA7-DEB5927-C3.jpg

In the bright direct sun he’s extremely blue. I haven’t seen any other horses in game quite like it.

I’ve broken quite a few. Do they just disappear forever when you sell them? It’s a shame cause I’ve collected so pretty cool ones.

Are there always only four stable spaces available or can you have all different horses at different stables?
View Quote
Four horses total.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:41:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Four horses total.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Four horses total.
So if you want an old one that you were forced to sell can you just go back to that location and find one again?

ETA

Googled it and answerd my own question.

Yes, that’s exactly what you do
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:43:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
So if you want an old one that you were forced to sell can you just go back to that location and find one again?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Four horses total.
I’m not 100% sure if that particular horse will be in the same spot, but there are only three specific horses that only spawn once. The white arabian, for example.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:44:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I’m not 100% sure, but there are only three specific horses that only spawn once.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Four horses total.
I’m not 100% sure, but there are only three specific horses that only spawn once.
Which ones? I have the Arabian. Plan on getting the stripped mustang.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:45:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Four horses total.
That’s two of the three. I forget which is the third.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:51:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

There is a partial map stuffed in the mouth of the severed head near each of them.
View Quote
Ya i think It’s that Murderer?

I found a map shoved into the mouth with a clue and a letter on it
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 6:58:01 PM EDT
[#36]
I have been focusing on the story and ignoring the hunting. I figured I can hunt after I finish the main story.

Is this possible?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:02:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That's odd, I remember playing that mission but no paw print icons are on my map. Must be a bug or game glitch.
View Quote
Try going to one of the listed locations, I seem to remember he then talks about where else you can meet him and it might pop then.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:03:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have been focusing on the story and ignoring the hunting. I figured I can hunt after I finish the main story.

Is this possible?
View Quote
Absolutely. That said, I’d recommend at least hunting the legendary animals. They can be crafted into goodies that provide some nice perks.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:06:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Been trying to get the ingredients for the satchels.  Fuck raccoons in their raccoon asses!!!!!!!! Three days and I don't know how many hours and all I can find are good at best.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:15:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Been trying to get the ingredients for the satchels.  Fuck raccoons in their raccoon asses!!!!!!!! Three days and I don't know how many hours and all I can find are good at best.
View Quote
Move on to hunting other animals you need.  Raccoons are all over the place in most wooded areas and you'll eventually find them without trying.

Try finding a moose though.  I use to think finding cougars was hard.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:28:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Do you have the legendary buck trinket? That’ll at least give you a chance for a two star to turn into a three star once you pick up/harvest the animal.

That’s how I’ve ended up with most of my perfect skins.

Lots of dead two star animals and hides laying around my map.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Move on to hunting other animals you need.  Raccoons are all over the place in most wooded areas and you'll eventually find them without trying.

View Quote
I have only found 2 cougars. Both down south of Rhodes. Both times it ended with a cougar attached to my neck, and me respawning. I need a panther or 2 for the satchels.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:40:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I have only found 2 cougars. Both down south of Rhodes. Both times it ended with a cougar attached to my neck, and me respawning. I need a panther or 2 for the satchels.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try visiting the trapper in the northwest. Just about every time I leave the road heading up to his camp I get jumped.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 8:19:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Try visiting the trapper in the northwest. Just about every time I leave the road heading up to his camp I get jumped.
View Quote
I've only seen one panther.  He was down by Lagras.  I was skinning a possum when he bum rushed me and killed me out of no where.  Damn thing scared the shit out of me lol
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 8:24:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I've only seen one panther.  He was down by Lagras.  I was skinning a possum when he bum rushed me and killed me out of no where.  Damn thing scared the shit out of me lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah. I was referring to cougars. That said, I think I encountered a panther around the second camp. He ran off before I could pop him.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 8:47:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Playing as John is boring as hell so far. Also at the end when my Black Arabian died in a cut scene I  wanted to let loose with a darth vader no.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 8:49:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Playing as John is boring as hell so far. Also at the end when my Black Arabian died in a cut scene I  wanted to let loose with a darth vader no.
View Quote
Should have saddled up a special edition or preorder horse. Glad I haven’t put much effort into my white arabian or bought any horses thus far.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 8:53:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Should have saddled up a special edition or preorder horse. Glad I haven’t put much effort into my white arabian or bought any horses thus far.
View Quote
Doesn't matter your John after that.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 9:10:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Guess we've just said "fuck it" on the spoiler thing?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 9:11:40 PM EDT
[#50]
I still play Red Dead Revolver, so I guess an update is in order. Downloading as I type this (98 GB!).
Page / 68
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top