Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

*major spoiler removed*
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 9:31:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Guess we've just said "fuck it" on the spoiler thing?
View Quote
Just certain people.

Denis Leary - Asshole (Official Uncensored Version)
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 9:37:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Shit, so at what point do I need to saddle up a horse I don't care about? I don't want to lose the either Arabian.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 9:55:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Shit, so at what point do I need to saddle up a horse I don't care about? I don't want to lose the either Arabian.
View Quote
Just ride the black.  It’s better than the white and you can buy another one.  However at that point you’re right around the time time you can buy the best Arabian in the game.

Anything specific needs to be in spoilers though.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 9:56:47 PM EDT
[#6]
If you're going to talk about specifics in the story PLEASE PUT THEM IN SPOILER TAGS.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:05:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just ride the black.  It’s better than the white and you can buy another one.  However at that point you’re right around the time time you can buy the best Arabian in the game.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay, so if my black Arabian dies or whatever I can buy a new one or buy a better Arabian?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:09:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Okay, so if my black Arabian dies or whatever I can buy a new one or buy a better Arabian?
View Quote
Yup.

The white is the only one I’m not sure if you can replace if she bites it.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:09:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I confess I want to know what happens to all of my stuff.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:10:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yup.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

Indeed. The white is unique.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:11:40 PM EDT
[#11]
My white Arabian took me longer to capture than it lasted. Somehow I killed it within a day or so.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:24:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Well you bastards talked me into it.. special edition downloading now..
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 12:39:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Can you dual carry the same handgun? I try to buy an extra one, but the option says I already own it. Like carrying 2 sawed off shotguns/pistols.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 12:43:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Can you dual carry the same handgun? I try to buy an extra one, but the option says I already own it. Like carrying 2 sawed off shotguns/pistols.
View Quote
Yes, but you have to get the second holster from a character in the game.  I think it's towards the end of chapter 2.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 12:52:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I like morgan more that marstan
View Quote
Yep, John Marston has been ruined for me. He's as bad as Jack from the last game. With less of the wrath too.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 1:07:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yes, but you have to get the second holster from a character in the game.  I think it's towards the end of chapter 2.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was able to get one from the trapper before I got one from whatever character that was.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 1:16:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 1:45:26 AM EDT
[#18]
So some are asking about rdr2 and rdr1. Rdr2 is a prequel to rdr1. So the gang you ride with now in 2, are also in 1 in a different capacity.

Dynamite arrows are sweet.

There is a spot in Saint Denis that spawns all the good horses. Black arabians, foxtrotters, etc. Can get them any time after chapter 1. So you can get really good horses eary.

Also, horse breeds make a difference. Some are more skittish than others. The Arabians being the worst. They have great stats, but get agitated easily and will buck you off faster at danger (snakes, gators, cougar) than other breeds.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 2:56:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So some are asking about rdr2 and rdr1. Rdr2 is a prequel to rdr1. So the gang you ride with now in 2, are also in 1 in a different capacity.

Dynamite arrows are sweet.

There is a spot in Saint Denis that spawns all the good horses. Black arabians, foxtrotters, etc. Can get them any time after chapter 1. So you can get really good horses eary.

Also, horse breeds make a difference. Some are more skittish than others. The Arabians being the worst. They have great stats, but get agitated easily and will buck you off faster at danger (snakes, gators, cougar) than other breeds.
View Quote
I feel like all the horses are overly skittish, even my war horse. I get left to die on the ground frequently. So far I managed to survive multiple wolves, cougars, and grizz. About the only thing I dont get bucked for are snakes and black bear.

They're all pretty eager to jump towards cliff edges though. Probably because I take shit care of them and just rotate through the stable lol.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 5:15:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
Thank you.

FYI, that panther sure can get the heart pumping.

Dropped some predator bait and all of a sudden the fucker was right there.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 5:27:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
I used this spot to get the Turkoman, which is easily the best all around horse in the game, for free.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 5:51:55 AM EDT
[#22]
I’m about to flip the fuck out.

All of my saves have disappeared and I can’t seem to make any new ones.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 5:58:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I used this spot to get the Turkoman, which is easily the best all around horse in the game, for free.
View Quote
Turkoman is the G.O.A.T.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 6:11:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I’m about to flip the fuck out.

All of my saves have disappeared and I can’t seem to make any new ones.
View Quote
Restarted the game. It appears to have sorted itself out.

Lost my perfect cougar pelt. Guess I should consider myself lucky.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 6:54:06 AM EDT
[#25]
welp, 100% story completed.

now what do i do?
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 6:59:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
welp, 100% story completed.

now what do i do?
View Quote
100% game completion.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 7:14:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

100% game completion.
View Quote
yeah, i don't know if I'd enjoy searching for all that crap.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 8:12:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I feel like all the horses are overly skittish, even my war horse. I get left to die on the ground frequently. So far I managed to survive multiple wolves, cougars, and grizz. About the only thing I dont get bucked for are snakes and black bear.

They're all pretty eager to jump towards cliff edges though. Probably because I take shit care of them and just rotate through the stable lol.
View Quote
Are you calming them? I don’t know about xbox, but in PS4 clicking the left stick makes Arthur pat or calm the horse. I rarely get bucked.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 8:25:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
I went there to get my Foxtrotter.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 8:58:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not according to the stats.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 11:54:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Who is in chapter 5? I have a question

Click To View Spoiler

Also.. if you kill a legendary fish with a bow and cant retrieve it.. Is it gone for good?
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 12:10:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Who is in chapter 5? I have a question

Click To View Spoiler

Also.. if you kill a legendary fish with a bow and cant retrieve it.. Is it gone for good?
View Quote
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 12:17:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
I was thinking that might be the case.. I been dicking around so I havent done many missions since arriving.. Sucks Ill prolly lose the pelt before i can turn it in
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 12:18:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Are you calming them? I don’t know about xbox, but in PS4 clicking the left stick makes Arthur pat or calm the horse. I rarely get bucked.
View Quote
Generally I've depressed the left stick about the time my ass leaves the saddle.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 12:36:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Generally I've depressed the left stick about the time my ass leaves the saddle.
View Quote
I've never been bucked off.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 12:38:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I've never been bucked off.
View Quote
Happened to me only one time, right in front of three wolves. Thankfully I had my double-barrel equipped since I knew I was in wolf territory. Took out two quickly and the third ran off while I was reloading.

I was tempted to use the reload on my horse.  
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 12:45:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
There seems to be a couple of things happening to people in instances of losing the legendary fish.

Either it will respawn and you can catch it again...
It is marked as killed in your compendium...
It is put in your mail box and when you try to send other legendary fish it will send the extra lost one... (IE, lost 1 fish, go to mail 2 you have, it mails 3 for some reason)...

/shrug
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 1:25:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

There seems to be a couple of things happening to people in instances of losing the legendary fish.

Either it will respawn and you can catch it again...
It is marked as killed in your compendium...
It is put in your mail box and when you try to send other legendary fish it will send the extra lost one... (IE, lost 1 fish, go to mail 2 you have, it mails 3 for some reason)...

/shrug
View Quote
I killed the legendary bison in the lake.. Couldnt skin it but it sent it to the trapper.. gave me the compendium.. This time with the fish.. it never gave me the acknowledgment that I killed it.. So maybe it will respawn????
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 2:55:31 PM EDT
[#40]
I said best all around horse.  The Arabian is very slightly faster but is one skittish SOB.  The Turk is part war horse and not skittish at all.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 3:04:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I said best all around horse.  The Arabian is very slightly faster but is one skittish SOB.  The Turk is part war horse and not skittish at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Hasn't been a problem for me, but even if the Turk was less prone to being skittish I don't think that's enough to more than make up for worse acceleration and significantly worse stamina.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 3:04:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
To be honest, other than the stat bar I can't really tell if my Thoroughbred is faster than my Tennessee Walker I bought at the very beginning of the game, or even my war horse. They all feel pretty similar to me.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 3:56:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Game has been out for a while so....

Also, I'm still on chapter 2 but have watched pretty much all of the RDR2 videos on YouTube including the ending videos. I don't very much care about spoilers.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 4:02:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Also, I'm still on chapter 2 but have watched pretty much all of the RDR2 videos on YouTube including the ending videos. I don't very much care about spoilers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It doesn't matter if you personally don't care about spoilers.  Others still do.

Unless people are incredibly lazy and/or just enjoy being assholes there's no reason not to put major spoilers in spoiler tags.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 4:55:10 PM EDT
[#45]
"The game has been out for a while..." holds a lot less weight when it's a game that you can play for dozens of hours without advancing the storyline.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 5:08:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
"The game has been out for a while..." holds a lot less weight when it's a game that you can play for dozens of hours without advancing the storyline.
View Quote
Yep. I’m up to 119 hrs and still in Chapt 6.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 5:09:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Or simply put, being out for less than a month.

It's not like the games sales just stop after a week. We're 50 pages in and guys are still talking about downloading the game because the discussion here convinced them to. A year later? Yeah sure, talk about whatever. 3 weeks after release in a game with 60 hours of story play and probably more in free play, the vast majority of people are no where near finishing it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 5:13:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It's not like the games sales just stop after a week. We're 50 pages in and guys are still talking about downloading the game because the discussion here convinced them to. A year later? Yeah sure, talk about whatever. 3 weeks after release in a game with 60 hours of story play and probably more in free play, the vast majority of people are no where near finishing it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

64 hours.
49.7 percent.
Chapter 3.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 5:14:12 PM EDT
[#49]
What are the odds that there will be a black friday deal on this game? Should I just say scew it and download it? I'm cheap when it comes to games.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 5:16:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
What are the odds that there will be a black friday deal on this game? Should I just say scew it and download it? I'm cheap when it comes to games.
View Quote
I thought I saw an ad for $10 off in one of the flyers, not positive though.
Page / 68
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top