BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 68
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 5:18:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What are the odds that there will be a black friday deal on this game? Should I just say scew it and download it? I'm cheap when it comes to games.
View Quote
What system? SlickDeals has some offers. Keep watching.

XB1, game plus $10 Xbox gift card, $50 for new Walmart customers right now.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 5:20:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
"The game has been out for a while..." holds a lot less weight when it's a game that you can play for dozens of hours without advancing the storyline.
View Quote
Exactly.  It's not like a movie.

Some people have played for over 100 hours and aren't even halfway through the main story yet.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 5:22:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
64 hours.
49.7 percent.
Chapter 3.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"The game has been out for a while..." holds a lot less weight when it's a game that you can play for dozens of hours without advancing the storyline.
Or simply put, being out for less than a month.

It's not like the games sales just stop after a week. We're 50 pages in and guys are still talking about downloading the game because the discussion here convinced them to. A year later? Yeah sure, talk about whatever. 3 weeks after release in a game with 60 hours of story play and probably more in free play, the vast majority of people are no where near finishing it.
64 hours.
49.7 percent.
Chapter 3.
Where you do see how many hours you've played?
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 5:26:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Is there a trick to breaking horses.  I've ridden that damn thing many times, but no luck.
I usually pat it several times and don't use the rope.  Still no luck.
View Quote
I've only broken 3 horses. I just hold back in the left stick and it's usually over in about 10 seconds. The white Arabian took about 20.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 5:34:08 PM EDT
[#5]
It's getting a bit old trying to find the legendary buck. I've been out there looking at least 5 different times and no luck yet. Haven't even seen the hunting clues using Eagle Vision. Not a damn thing. Usually it says the area is too busy for tracking. Ive been there morning, noon and night. What's the trick?! Or do I just have crappy luck?
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 5:35:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Where you do see how many hours you've played?
View Quote
For XB1 you can check it by entering the achievements for RDR2 on the Xbox mobile app.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's getting a bit old trying to find the legendary buck. I've been out there looking at least 5 different times and no luck yet. Haven't even seen the hunting clues using Eagle Vision. Not a damn thing. Usually it says the area is too busy for tracking. Ive been there morning, noon and night. What's the trick?! Or do I just have crappy luck?
View Quote
Lot of us had the too busy deal. I just went on a rampage killed everything I could, rode out of the area and came back. Eventually it worked. But it was frustrating. I probably spent about 3 hours in the area.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 5:54:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What system? SlickDeals has some offers. Keep watching.

XB1, game plus $10 Xbox gift card, $50 for new Walmart customers right now.
View Quote
PS4
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 6:10:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Frustratingly the PS4 doesnt seem to do playtime stats.

Maybe that's good because I've played this game a lot more than I should have over these 3 weeks and putting a number on it might slow me down.

If I had to guess I'd say in the 100-120 hour range. Still in chapter 3.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 6:14:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Frustratingly the PS4 doesnt seem to do playtime stats.
View Quote
PS4 left it up to the individual game makers.

Normally RockStar is great about letting you track that stuff and tons more. But not so much with RDR2 for some reason.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 6:15:34 PM EDT
[#11]
85 hrs.. 62% completion... its real easy to get side tracked..
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 7:05:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

To be honest, other than the stat bar I can't really tell if my Thoroughbred is faster than my Tennessee Walker I bought at the very beginning of the game, or even my war horse. They all feel pretty similar to me.
View Quote
I'm still using the war horse.  He has never bucked me.  I can get ambushed, he gets shot, groans a bit; I give him a pat and an oat cake, and we're all good.  The only time that he has gone down was when I accidentally shot him in the back during an attempted horse jacking.  He survived and required a tonic for that one.  He even killed a deer by running  into it and suffered no I'll effects.  I have no desire to replace him.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 7:15:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm still using the war horse.  He has never bucked me.  I can get ambushed, he gets shot, groans a bit; I give him a pat and an oat cake, and we're all good.  The only time that he has gone down was when I accidentally shot him in the back during an attempted horse jacking.  He survived and required a tonic for that one.  He even killed a deer by running  into it and suffered no I'll effects.  I have no desire to replace him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To be honest, other than the stat bar I can't really tell if my Thoroughbred is faster than my Tennessee Walker I bought at the very beginning of the game, or even my war horse. They all feel pretty similar to me.
I've been riding Arabians since around the 1st and I haven't lost one or even come close to losing one yet. Bit better stats than the war horse too.

I'd recommend at least trying the Black Arabian.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 7:22:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've been riding Arabians since around the 1st and I haven't lost one or even come close to losing one yet. Bit better stats than the war horse too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Despite being bucked constantly and riding some terrible horses like a Mustang and Tennessee Walker I haven't had a horse die on me yet either. I had one go down due to getting clipped by a train (during a robbery) in what was really a weird glitch in the game but I revived it no problem.

Part of me wants to get new horses just to experiment with them but I let my kids name certain ones and they like to sit and watch me play, and fight over which of "their" horses I'm riding so I don't have the heart to just sell them, if that makes any sense. If they die, they die
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 7:27:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Despite being bucked constantly and riding some terrible horses like a Mustang and Tennessee Walker I haven't had a horse die on me yet either. I had one go down due to getting clipped by a train (during a robbery) in what was really a weird glitch in the game but I revived it no problem.

Part of me wants to get new horses just to experiment with them but I let my kids name certain ones and they like to sit and watch me play, and fight over which of "their" horses I'm riding so I don't have the heart to just sell them, if that makes any sense. If they die, they die
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get it. Named the special edition thoroughbred mare ‘Pete’ after my cat. Interactions are pretty similar.

“Dammit Pete!”
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 7:38:22 PM EDT
[#16]
I am about 30% done with the main story and have barely had any side missions other than some fake British zoo keeper. Where are you guys finding all this other stuff to do? I must say as of my experience right now it’s half the game original RDR was.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 7:45:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I am about 30% done with the main story and have barely had any side missions other than some fake British zoo keeper. Where are you guys finding all this other stuff to do? I must say as of my experience right now it's half the game original RDR was.
View Quote
White question marks that appear in white hazy zones on the map are sizable stranger/side quests (like the British animal guy).
Then you have camp side quests to find items.
Robbery side quests you get off tips. (On XB1 tap left on the D-Pad to pull up your mission log)
Stranger encounters which can be as simple as giving someone medicine or as complex as giving someone a ride across the map.
Accumulation side quests (find all dinosaur bones, find all rock carvings, legendary animals and fish, treasure hunting, cigarette cards, animal corpses for exhibits, dream catchers, TONS).
Bounty missions.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 8:08:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I am about 30% done with the main story and have barely had any side missions other than some fake British zoo keeper. Where are you guys finding all this other stuff to do? I must say as of my experience right now it’s half the game original RDR was.
View Quote
Quite a few I've just heard while riding my horse around. Heard some hammering near a small rocky hill. Forget what it was not but a little side mission was up top. Another was just a random woman who needed help after her horse threw her. There's a lot more out there than what the map shows.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 8:12:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quite a few I've just heard while riding my horse around. Heard some hammering near a small rocky hill. Forget what it was not but a little side mission was up top. Another was just a random woman who needed help after her horse threw her. There's a lot more out there than what the map shows.
View Quote
Yep. White dot randoms and white circle/question mark strangers. Try riding around off-trail. Neat things happen. Fatal things happen too.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:01:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I get it. Named the special edition thoroughbred mare ‘Pete’ after my cat. Interactions are pretty similar.

“Dammit Pete!”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

“Dammit Pete!”
My daughter named the first horse I bought "Button" and honestly I think it's the cutest thing in the world, I don't care if it's big bad rootin' tootin' cowboy shootin' game.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:05:48 PM EDT
[#21]
I named one of my horses bill and I shit you not, arthur called it by name multiple times.  "Hey bill" or stuff along those lines.   Only to that horse, the female arabian he just says "hey girl"

I was impressed.   My wife heard it too
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:10:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I named one of my horses bill and I shit you not, arthur called it by name multiple times.  "Hey bill" or stuff along those lines.   Only to that horse, the female arabian he just says "hey girl"

View Quote
I named the white arabian ‘NinjasWithAK47s’
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:39:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Is that horse male?

He says "boy" awfully interesting, I could see somebody hearing "Bill".
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 10:08:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Is that horse male?

He says "boy" awfully interesting, I could see somebody hearing "Bill".
View Quote
I heard bill.   If i think about it i'll switch horses and see if i can get him to say it, then i'll upload.

And bill is a gender confused female.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 12:20:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Finished the story part of the game today. I like playing Arthur the most of all the characters in the series by far.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 12:50:00 AM EDT
[#26]
I've taken the liberty of producing a short hitching post tutorial for anyone that's interested.  Hopefully, this will be helpful.  Enjoy!

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Hitching Post
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 3:04:39 AM EDT
[#27]
LOL
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 3:51:24 AM EDT
[#28]
I got ambushed at midnight by about 15 guys and a wagon mounted gatling gun blocking the road. Random encounter deaded me and my horse.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 9:38:44 AM EDT
[#29]
When can I start fishing?  I'm still in Chapter 2, because I've been focusing on all of the side quests and hunting.

It looks like I'm going to have to free Micah from prison since there aren't any other missions available.  I hate that guy; I'd rather let him rot.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 10:06:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
When can I start fishing?  I'm still in Chapter 2, because I've been focusing on all of the side quests and hunting.

It looks like I'm going to have to free Micah from prison since there aren't any other missions available.  I hate that guy; I'd rather let him rot.
View Quote
You'll get a fishing quest from camp eventually that will give you the basics. There are a couple more I think that go over it also. I know there is a 2nd one in chapter 3 and I assume another that reveals legendary fish (like how the bear mission was).
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 10:11:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Riding across the country en route to a mission: wild game everywhere.

Actually trying to hunt: no game to be found.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 10:12:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
I love the realism in this game
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 11:17:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Need squirrels, literal fucktons of rabbits and every other thing in abundance everywhere, zero squirrels.  Oh now you need rabbits, zero fucking rabbits.  Dont even get me started on finding a fucking moose.  118 hours in this game and only the legendary and one other great moose found, the great one was shot over the river while he was on the New Austin side, went over to skin and bounty hunters came out of the woods and killed me with a quickness. Haven't seen a single moose since, not at Cairn, not along the border, not in the NE, fucking no where.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 11:57:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Need squirrels, literal fucktons of rabbits and every other thing in abundance everywhere, zero squirrels.  Oh now you need rabbits, zero fucking rabbits.  Dont even get me started on finding a fucking moose.  118 hours in this game and only the legendary and one other great moose found, the great one was shot over the river while he was on the New Austin side, went over to skin and bounty hunters came out of the woods and killed me with a quickness. Haven't seen a single moose since, not at Cairn, not along the border, not in the NE, fucking no where.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I killed 3 moose up in the NWish area.  They were all on a frozen lake on one of the trails leading up to the town where you start off in Chapter 1.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 3:11:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You'll get a fishing quest from camp eventually that will give you the basics. There are a couple more I think that go over it also. I know there is a 2nd one in chapter 3 and I assume another that reveals legendary fish (like how the bear mission was).
View Quote
Legendary fish starting mission is NE corner of Flat Iron Lake at the dock.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 5:21:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Grizzlies won’t cross the river.

Hell, they won’t even spawn on the wrong side.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 5:38:10 PM EDT
[#37]
I haven’t lost a horse, but I’ve pumped more than a few full of drugs to stop them from dying
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 6:21:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Finally got my perfect panther pelt. What a pain in the ass that turned out to be.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 6:25:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Finally got my perfect panther pelt. What a pain in the ass that turned out to be.  
View Quote
The entire game summed up in one sentence:

Half fun, half PITA.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 8:34:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I haven't lost a horse, but I've pumped more than a few full of drugs to stop them from dying
View Quote
Same!!! I'm not letting Peppy go.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 8:46:06 PM EDT
[#41]
My horses are all named Meatbag. Just FYI.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 9:00:49 PM EDT
[#42]
I finally killed a legendary animals, the Bison. I was headed out of the Grizzlies to find a trapped when I came across Watson's Cabin. I tried to rob them for the stash. Got killed. Now my Bison skin and ingredients to make a talisman are gone. Not to mention the wood skins and other skins and shit I had are gone. I'm kind of pissed.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 9:20:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I finally killed a legendary animals, the Bison. I was headed out of the Grizzlies to find a trapped when I came across Watson's Cabin. I tried to rob them for the stash. Got killed. Now my Bison skin and ingredients to make a talisman are gone. Not to mention the wood skins and other skins and shit I had are gone. I'm kind of pissed.
View Quote
I can tell... because I can only decipher half of what you said.

Sounds like you died and lost some shit. And that really sucks. But the game wouldn't be what it is without that!
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 9:24:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Sounds like you died and lost some shit. And that really sucks. But the game wouldn't be what it is without that!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's hard to understand. I hunted the legendary bison. Skinned it. Then when I was taking it to a trapper along with some other stuff when I found Watson's cabin. I tried to rob them but got killed and lost my pelt and other items. I haven't spent any time hunting anything and the one time I do I lose all my stuff.

Edit fucking auto correct.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 9:27:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Legendary parts are supposed to auto-send to where they’re needed when they’re lost, have you checked the fence and/or trapper to confirm?
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 9:31:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Legendary parts are supposed to auto-send to where they’re needed when they’re lost, have you checked the fence and/or trapper to confirm?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, I started to make my way to Saint Denis because that's where the trapper is but was so annoyed I just shut the game off. I'll check later. I hope it's there.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 9:36:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

“Dammit Pete!”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

“Dammit Pete!”
Oh you are going to regret that.

I don't want to spoil anything but don't get too attached to anything in the game but guns.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 9:49:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I haven’t lost a horse, but I’ve pumped more than a few full of drugs to stop them from dying
View Quote
If you don't have reviver get yourself killed before the horse completely dies and it gets revived with you.

I found that trick out on accident trying to steal another horse from the wrong person without killing them first.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 2:46:06 AM EDT
[#49]
I haz the sad.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 2:47:28 AM EDT
[#50]
I finally got my 3rd moose. NE corner location.
Page / 68
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top