Page / 252
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 12:01:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sky Australia on Joe Biden...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KYzf-88lZk
View Quote

I’m really loving that the YouTube thumbnails of Biden have been his back as he’s running away.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 12:11:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I’m really loving that the YouTube thumbnails of Biden have been his back as he’s running away.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They capture him in his natural state.

(His other natural state is falling up stairs.)
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 2:04:22 AM EDT
[#3]
The 6 planes confirmed as Mercury One charters

The Taliban is holding hostage six planes chartered by Glenn Beck charity to rescue Americans left behind by Biden admin

Six planes on a mission to rescue more than a hundred Americans wanting to leave Afghanistan were grounded by the Taliban as negotiations continued with the State Department Monday.

The evacuation effort was a part of a mission chartered by Mercury One, the charity founded by conservative media personality and TheBlaze founder Glenn Beck.

Newsweek confirmed the details through an NGO working on the evacuation.

According to the report, at least 1,000 people were waiting to board the planes at an airport in the city of Mazar-i-Sharif.

"The planes are currently empty and its passengers are still waiting in their safe houses for clearance for takeoff from the Taliban," said one NGO official to Newsweek. "I have more than 1,000 people on the master manifest that want to fly, of which 123 are Americans and the rest are Special Immigration Visas."
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 7:08:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

He’s right. This is what the world sees. Unless it’s CBS.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 8:25:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/7/2021 8:34:36 AM EDT
[#6]
The rate of pages being added to this thread makes me worry for how hot this issue is going to remain.

Does anyone have state/local news about their elected officials and reactions to this fiasco?

If the "exciting" news is slowing down, we should turn this thread into a clearinghouse of related political news, to keep this front and center for the 2022 Midterms.

We can't allow people to forget, or for politicians to slide and act like this doesn't matter.

Remember Our 13 Lost!

Link Posted: 9/7/2021 8:53:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The rate of pages being added to this thread makes me worry for how hot this issue is going to remain.

Does anyone have state/local news about their elected officials and reactions to this fiasco?

If the "exciting" news is slowing down, we should turn this thread into a clearinghouse of related political news, to keep this front and center for the 2022 Midterms.

We can't allow people to forget, or for politicians to slide and act like this doesn't matter.

Remember Our 13 Lost!

View Quote

I guess you missed my post from the previous page.

Link Posted: 9/7/2021 9:15:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Remember Our 13 Lost!

View Quote

The MSM, and consequently the general public, has predictably moved on. It's all about killing babies and hating Texas now.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 9:37:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Remember Our 13 Lost!

View Quote

You make a DAM good point. I don't want to see this thread go away. Plus I think it's A LOT bigger than getting 13 killed. I am afraid the weapons and technology they provided to the enemy are going to get 100s if not thousands killed in the future. I would love to know more about why we where leaving drone jamming equipment and drones behind without destroying that tech.  Plus how much damage is it going to be letting china have "encrypted radios" what ever those admin encrypted cell phones are. Just thinking we gave china a peek into everything we have right as they seem about to get froggy. Most of that shit, they won't let a American have, but they are cool with letting our enemies have it. Plus all the friends and fellow Americans left in that shit hole. WTF how is this not still front and center in the news.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 9:39:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You make a DAM good point. I don't want to see this thread go away. Plus I think it's A LOT bigger than getting 13 killed. I am afraid the weapons and technology they provided to the enemy are going to get 100s if not thousands killed in the future. I would love to know more about why we where leaving drone jamming equipment and drones behind without destroying that tech.  Plus how much damage is it going to be letting china have "encrypted radios" what ever those admin encrypted cell phones are. Just thinking we gave china a peek into everything we have right as they seem about to get froggy. Most of that shit, they won't let a American have, but they are cool with letting our enemies have it. Plus all the friends and fellow Americans left in that shit hole. WTF how is this not still front and center in the news.
View Quote

If this was Trump it would be the biggest story of the decade and he would have gotten impeached 87 times by now.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 10:13:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember Our 13 Lost!

China's party run news media has lately been telling their citizens that COVID is a biological warfare attack from the US, that the US has been conducting cyber warfare against China through social media, and that the anti-government protests in Hong Kong are being caused by the US.  In other words, they are telling their own people that the war has already started (but shooting hasn't yet started), and the US government started it.

China wants WAR and is preparing Chinese people a fight against the USA!
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 10:19:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

You might be right about the media, but hey, "shills gonna shill".

I am talking about what WE can do. Each of us will know our state and local reps better and follow them much more easily. Maybe it should be divided on a state-by-state basis to prevent redundant posts, and OP can stick to national news, I don't know (and it isn't my thread, but it would be a useful way to continue it IMO).
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 10:19:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sky News knows; if only the Australian populace knew.

Those dumbasses favored Biden 49% to 23%.

Link
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 10:26:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 10:47:22 AM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes

That's a year old. I'm positive that sentiment has changed. The UK/AUS press has been absolutely savaging Biden for how he's handled Afghanistan, and quite understandably so since his malfeasance has directly endangered UK/AUS (among others) troops working directly alongside ours.

So much for rebuilding those relationships with allies that Trump supposedly alienated.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 10:50:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 10:52:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I am talking about what WE can do. Each of us will know our state and local reps better and follow them much more easily. Maybe it should be divided on a state-by-state basis to prevent redundant posts, and OP can stick to national news, I don't know (and it isn't my thread, but it would be a useful way to continue it IMO).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My disappointment was hearing this in conservative circles, reducing it to politics as usual.

I absolutely agree with you, this should not be minimized, forgotten, etc...  Outside of MTG, I don’t see any politician really doing anything beyond just words. I also just don’t see a political solution to this, either.  

The only words of comfort I can offer is this quote from Flyleaf, way back on page 214.  Sometimes, silence can be a powerful statement in itself.

Quoted:

Well said.

I saw a tweet from Trump Jr that was telling too.

He said 81 million Americans have never been so quiet. He is right

Link Posted: 9/7/2021 11:01:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Very inclusive. All manner of beards. Long beards, short beards, fluffy beards.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 11:08:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

What if the plan was to give the taliban the equipment, so they could take over more than just Astan.  To pacify the entire region under their control.  In addition to giving China what they want out of the region.
Further why would we give A-stan any economic assistance  if they have trillions in natural resources.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 11:24:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 11:24:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 11:26:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

What if the plan was to give the taliban the equipment, so they could take over more than just Astan.  To pacify the entire region under their control.  In addition to giving China what they want out of the region.
Further why would we give A-stan any economic assistance  if they have trillions in natural resources.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those are VERY GOOD questions IMHO...........
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 11:28:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Defense Sec. Austin: "It Will Be More Difficult” To Identify Terror Threats In Afghanistan

Defense Sec. Austin: "It Will Be More Difficult” To Identify Terror Threats In Afghanistan

Blinken Admits It’s Now More Difficult to Evacuate Americans Biden Left Behind In Afghanistan

Blinken Admits It’s Now More Difficult to Evacuate Americans Biden Left Behind In Afghanistan
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 11:37:06 AM EDT
[#25]
As Planes Are Blocked At Afghanistan Airport, Press Sec Psaki Insists It's Not A “Hostage Situation”

As Planes Are Blocked At Afghanistan Airport, Press Sec Psaki Insists It''s Not A “Hostage Situation”
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 11:40:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, just the first thing that popped into my head reading that post.

Real question is, how many are on the FBI's Most Wanted list. I know one is.

Anyone want to tip off the FBI where he is? They could probably use the help.

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/terrorinfo/sirajuddin-haqqani
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 11:42:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Retired Vets save a family at the State Department tries to take credit.

State Department facilitates the safe departure of four Americans stranded by Taliban in Afghanis…
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 11:43:50 AM EDT
[#28]
He evaded them with the morphing head shapes

Link Posted: 9/7/2021 11:48:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Can we wait until they are in a meeting and bomb the fuck out of them? Jesus Christ these are wanted terrorist. Fucks sake!
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 12:01:48 PM EDT
[#30]
GOP Rep. claims State Department tried to SABOTAGE Texas family's Afghanistan escape: Mother and three kids were forced to bribe Taliban at TWENTY checkpoints until they reached border

Republican Rep. Markwayne Mullin claimed on Tuesday morning that the Biden State Department tried to stop his successful mission to rescue a US citizen and her three young children from Afghanistan by land.

Mullin and fellow GOP Rep. Ronny Jackson helped organize the evacuation of Texas resident Mariam, who was left behind when the US military finished its withdrawal. They were aided by Army veteran Cory Mills, who was in the Middle East with Mariam and her children for the daring rescue.

That country has not been named so as not to jeopardize future rescue attempts.

'The State Department was actually told at one time, actually told the embassy and the country not to assist us in any way,' he said. 'Quote, that came from the ambassador, said 'Washington, D.C., Representative Mullin, I'm not to assist you in any way.'

A State Department spokesperson declined to comment when asked by DailyMail.com.  

Mullin told CNN that his team was forced to bribe their way through 20 checkpoints, sometimes paying up to $4,000 per person in cash.

He also claimed it was the nonprofit Sentinel Foundation, not the State Department, that negotiated with the Taliban.

'When I see the State Department come out and take credit for this, it is absolutely a lie,' he said.

'It was until the second day that we almost had her out that the State Department came in, and when they came in, they did come in to help, I'll give you that,' Mullin conceded.

'They showed up a few hours after she got across. For them to say they facilitated, that's a lie.'

He claims that help only came at the last minute after days of State Department resistance.

Mullin said the mission began two weeks ago when he and Jackson were contacted about the young family trying to get out of Kabul.

They were to make 'no press statements at all about this' while the lawmakers and a team of contractors working with a nonprofit on the ground worked to get them out.

'But when we were trying to enter into Afghanistan, things went really sideways,' Mullin said.

'We started getting all types of pushback from the State Department, and so we found ourselves not being able to get her out through the Kabul International Airport.

'And even though we had her at the gate multiple times, multiple times we were on the phone with the State Department over the last two weeks trying to get her out, and they wouldn't even open a gate for us.'

On Monday, the State Department publicly stated that they helped to 'facilitate' the operation.

More
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 12:06:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Confirmed:  this has become a shitshow.

Biden admin stopped planes chartered by Glenn Beck charity from taking off, handed manifest over to Taliban

The U.S. State Department is responsible for interfering with the departure of several planes holding American citizens and Afghan nationals at the Mazar-i-Sharif airport, BlazeTV host Glenn Beck reported on-air during his radio show Tuesday.
What are the details?

The planes — which held at least 100 American citizens and 1,000 Afghan nationals — were chartered by Mercury One and The Nazarene Fund, a charity founded by Beck aimed at facilitating evacuations from Afghanistan amid the U.S. military's withdrawal and the Taliban's takeover of the country.

Over the weekend, news broke that multiple planes had been prevented from taking off after the Taliban refused to grant permission for the departure. But according to Beck, it wasn't the Taliban that initially stopped the planes from exiting the country.

Rather, it was the State Department that refused to grant landing clearance to the planes, preventing them from departing. The department allegedly called off the flights at the last minute, declining to approve the manifest. He added that U.S. officials went on to hand over the manifest to the Taliban.

Don't miss out on content from Dave Rubin free of big tech censorship. Listen to The Rubin Report now.

"They were on the plane, they were on the tarmac, they were [in] the seats ... [and] ready to go" before State Department officials intervened and deboarded the plane, Beck explained Tuesday morning on his radio show. "They were told to go back into the airport and hand everything in to the Taliban.

"They were dismissed from the airport while the State Department works this out with the Taliban," he continued, noting that many of the passengers are now waiting things out in safe houses, "but not all."

"This was like the State Department sending up flares, saying [to the Taliban], 'Hey, look over here,'" he added later.

The radio personality insisted that his team is working tirelessly to complete its mission despite the recent setback.

"We had all of it," he said on the radio. "We'll have to go back and get the people now for those planes. But as soon as we get the green light, those people will be able to go back on to those planes. And if there's one missing, I swear to you ... We have also eight to 10 other planes that are ready to fly out if the State Department will just let us be."

TheBlaze reached out to the State Department with regard to the allegations. In response, a department representative pointed to remarks made Tuesday by Secretary of State Antony Blinken at a press conference in Doha, Qatar.

"We're working around the clock with NGOs, with members of Congress and advocacy groups, providing any and all information and doing all we can to clear any roadblocks that they've identified to make sure that charter flights carrying Americans or others to whom we have a special responsibility can depart Afghanistan safely," Blinken insisted at the conference.

"We've also been engaged with the Taliban on this topic, including in recent hours," he added. "They've said that they will let people with travel documents freely depart. We will hold them to that."
What else?

Beck noted that several members of Congress — including Republican Sens. Ted Cruz (Texas) and Marsha Blackburn (Tenn.) and Democratic Sen. Richard Blumenthal (Conn.) — were directly involved in the evacuation efforts and were furiously urging the State Department not to block the flights.

Cruz confirmed to TheBlaze on Tuesday that his office has been coordinating with The Nazarene Fund and other NGOs on evacuations and that the Biden administration has been obstructing efforts.

"I'm proud of that critically important work, but Biden-Harris officials can't even get out of their own way. Now their incompetence has created the entirely predictable risk of a hostage crisis," the senator said.

In response to inquiries about the situation, the State Department has effectively thrown up its hands and conceded that there's not much it can do.

"We do not have personnel on the ground, we do not have air assets in the country, we do not control the airspace — whether over Afghanistan or elsewhere in the region," a State Department spokesman told TheBlaze on Monday.

But Beck took issue with that claim, as well, telling TheBlaze that with its statement, the department is "knowingly misleading the American people."

He said that while the State Department doesn't control the airspace anymore, it does have control over whether commercial planes take off and land in approved locations.

Link Posted: 9/7/2021 12:19:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 12:28:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 12:39:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Question on those aircraft that I don't understand. When they had everyone loaded. Why did they give a F what DOS said. Why did they follow there orders and de board the aircraft. I think I would have said F this, went hammer down. What is going to be the talibans first move as a new gov. Shoot down a airliner possibly full of Americans, maybe several? Fly to a friendly nation, declare a EMERGENCY and land. What is a "allied" nation going to do shoot down airliners possibly full of Americans declaring a EMERGENCY? MAKE it a international issue, because it sure is. I know at this point with the planes empty and now I am sure under taliban guard as the taliban talks with DOS about it.... that's off the table now. I know hind site 20/20 and all. BUT WTF, people are more scared of breaking a DOS rule than getting handed over to the taliban (to me that doesn't compute)?
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 12:49:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Can we wait until they are in a meeting and bomb the fuck out of them? Jesus Christ these are wanted terrorist. Fucks sake!
View Quote

Who would bomb them? Glenn Beck?  

Link Posted: 9/7/2021 1:00:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
We had a guy like that. Saddam was his name. Bush fucked that up with his personal vendetta.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 1:08:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 1:22:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 1:28:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 1:30:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
He evaded them with the morphing head shapes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-sIug5XEAoDnSU?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

Those have got to be the worst "Wanted" poster sketches since the Crichton leprechaun.

Link Posted: 9/7/2021 1:45:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Cory Mills, Who Evacuated American From Afghanistan, Fact Checks Biden Admin Falsely Claiming Credit

Cory Mills, Who Evacuated American From Afghanistan, Fact Checks Biden Admin Falsely Claiming Credit
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 1:46:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

He's so famous he's in famous. It's the un-terror list
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 1:53:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 2:07:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Question on those aircraft that I don't understand. When they had everyone loaded. Why did they give a F what DOS said. Why did they follow there orders and de board the aircraft. I think I would have said F this, went hammer down. What is going to be the talibans first move as a new gov. Shoot down a airliner possibly full of Americans, maybe several? Fly to a friendly nation, declare a EMERGENCY and land. What is a "allied" nation going to do shoot down airliners possibly full of Americans declaring a EMERGENCY? MAKE it a international issue, because it sure is. I know at this point with the planes empty and now I am sure under taliban guard as the taliban talks with DOS about it.... that's off the table now. I know hind site 20/20 and all. BUT WTF, people are more scared of breaking a DOS rule than getting handed over to the taliban (to me that doesn't compute)?
View Quote

Because the host nation cannot accept the evacuees without State Dept approval.  It was neatly tucked into the child sex trafficking law.  Even if they got in the air, State Dept could declare the craft hostile, and no runway for you.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 2:09:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Biden when asked about Afghan refugees: Biden says "What will happen to them?"

Link Posted: 9/7/2021 2:18:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The UN is a complete joke so chances are he will be given a seat on the UN security council and the board for women's rights.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 2:22:25 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 9/7/2021 3:33:15 PM EDT
[#48]
It seems more and more like that State Department has its own agenda and is operating almost without regard to anyone else.

Who's likely running that show behind the scenes? V. Jarret? Obama?
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 3:45:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It seems more and more like that State Department has its own agenda and is operating almost without regard to anyone else.

Who's likely running that show behind the scenes? V. Jarret? Obama?
View Quote

The State Department has long been a den of Marxist/Communist vipers going back 60+ years.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 3:46:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-sotUNX0AEXU_q?format=jpg&name=360x360https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-sotn0XsAQR-Vp?format=jpg&name=360x360
View Quote

Diverse and inclusive!
Page / 252
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top