Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/23/2023 5:17:21 PM EDT
Already have the deluxe edition installed and ready to go when I get home later tonight. I must admit I wasnt the biggest fan of original RE4 (I felt it strayed too far from survival horror and into action) hopefully they add more horror elements in the remake.

I own probably around 75% of the guns in the game (I purchased an SL8 because its in the game even though I'm not a fan) and will likely bust a few of them out tonight while playing. Haven't seen anything about it here today...anyone else here planning on getting it? If so whats your favorite gun?

Link Posted: 3/23/2023 5:18:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a hard time paying full price for a remake of a game I paid full price for 14 years ago.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 5:19:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a hard time paying full price for a remake of a game I paid full price for 14 years ago.
View Quote

I think its more of a reimagining of it kind of  like RE2 Remake....they change enough around to where it feels like a difference game. Also, from what I remember RE4 was one of the longer games in the series so it might be worth the price.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 5:21:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought the new RE2 and damn I forgot how short games were back in the day
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 5:22:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm having the same dilemma with the Dead Space remake. Both games were fantastic, but paying new price for a remake rubs me the wrong way.
I mean, how different could it be? If I can get Dead Space used, eventually I'll play it. Don't really have the urge to play RE4 again.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 5:23:29 PM EDT
[#5]
No, but I just downloaded village. I haven't played games in 15 years, but got an Xbox Sunday so I could play forza. Then I realized everybody has games on big sales right now.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 5:25:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I bought the new RE2 and damn I forgot how short games were back in the day
View Quote

RE2 was short and they used two playthroughs (Claire/Leon A,B to try and stretch it out  but Re4 was much longer (I believe its the longest RE game alongside Code Veronica)...in fact its almost TOO long. Hopefully they keep all the same shotguns, I loved  the Benelli
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 5:26:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered the physical disc and haven't gotten it yet - but will give it a try as soon as I do

Played the original on 2 or 3 different consoles, so looking forward to this one

Link Posted: 3/23/2023 5:26:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No, but I just downloaded village. I haven't played games in 15 years, but got an Xbox Sunday so I could play forza. Then I realized everybody has games on big sales right now.
View Quote

Did you already beat RE7?
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 5:27:30 PM EDT
[#9]
That game was ahead of its time. Yeah it was different than the others before but I remember it being one of the first newer gen games I played where I thought "woah this is cool"

big guy with the chainsaw fucking terrified me lol
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 5:31:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never played it, but I got it with village.

Sunday night was literally the first time I picked up a controller in almost 15 years. Right now I can't stop playing forza though.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 5:32:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That game was ahead of its time. Yeah it was different than the others before but I remember it being one of the first newer gen games I played where I thought "woah this is cool"

big guy with the chainsaw fucking terrified me lol
View Quote

Yeah definitely, it was an amazing game I just hated how action oriented it was lol...I believe a million 3rd person over the shoulder shooters copycat it after release
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 5:33:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Sunday night was literally the first time I picked up a controller in almost 15 years. Right now I can't stop playing forza though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure what the price on it is but you really should play RE7 first as RE8 is a continuation of it...both follow the same protagonists story. RE7 is also a far better survival horror game and was the title that breathed life back into the RE series.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 5:39:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Not sure what the price on it is but you really should play RE7 first as RE8 is a continuation of it...both follow the same protagonists story. RE7 is also a far better survival horror game and was the title that breathed life back into the RE series.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Both games with all the add-ons were $40. I'm definitely looking forward to playing them, but I only bought them now because of the price. I did go ahead and play enough of village to know its awesome. It started with a recap of 7.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 5:45:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I got the deluxe addition. Can't wait.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 5:46:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm having the same dilemma with the Dead Space remake. Both games were fantastic, but paying new price for a remake rubs me the wrong way.
I mean, how different could it be? If I can get Dead Space used, eventually I'll play it. Don't really have the urge to play RE4 again.
View Quote

The Dead Space remake is better than the original.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 5:47:52 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm hoping there's an option for a skin where he keeps his leather jacket for the whole game - it kinda stinks how good it looks and yet he loses it after the first chapter
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 5:49:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

RE7 is kinda awful, but it revived the series, so I'm thankful for it.

RE4 is one of the best games ever made, IMO.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 5:50:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm hoping there's an option for a skin where he keeps his leather jacket for the whole game - it kinda stinks how good it looks and yet he loses it after the first chapter
View Quote

Yeah definitely...theres a few different RE games where that shit happens.

Although the other remakes let you pick which outfit you want to wear any time so hopefully its the same.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#19]
I never really played RE games when they first came out but knew of them. I was already on PC by then and gave up on consoles.

I ended up buying the RE2 and RE3 remakes on PC for pennies a few years ago and really enjoyed them.

I may have to check out the RE4 remake when it comes down to a few bucks.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 5:53:49 PM EDT
[#20]
I like zombies. Regular, bioweapons-grade zombies. The ear slug cultists or whatever in 4 were not my bag.

They've done a great job of the remakes, though. I thought I wouldn't like something that wasn't a 1-to-1 remake (just with new graphics), but they kept the spirit and feel of the originals with gameplay that's actually more fun.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 5:55:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol why is RE7 awful? Its an amazing survival horror game with lots of space to explore.

RE4 is just an easy linear action shooter where every enemy is predictable and constantly drops ammo and health, not to ention a merchant follows you around and sells you anything youre low on (wtf?), there is never a point of desperation or rationing, etc. Leon basically rolls over everything like hes a super hero that cant be touched lol.

Original Re4 wasnt a bad game, it was an awesome and entertaining game....but it was a bad Resident evil game.

It should have been a side title imo

Can I take a stab in the dark and guess that it was your first RE game?
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 5:58:46 PM EDT
[#22]
downloaded and ready to go, its going  to look great on ps5 and oled TV.  Been a huge evil fan since the original.  Played them all, code was my favorite.  Getting nervous for chainsaw man.   Just finished dead space and calisto protocal. Liked them both.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 6:33:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
downloaded and ready to go, its going  to look great on ps5 and oled TV.  Been a huge evil fan since the original.  Played them all, code was my favorite.  Getting nervous for chainsaw man.   Just finished dead space and calisto protocal. Liked them both.
View Quote

You're the only other person I've ever known who's favorite was Code lmao...most people can't stand it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 6:36:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Diablo 4 beta testing is more better!
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 6:44:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I played a good bit of the original back in the day.

I know I got past the giant gator but can't really member much past there. I tend not to play anything exclusively solo nowadays though.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 6:49:43 PM EDT
[#26]
if you are buying it for steam. Green Man Gaming will save you some $, and Taxes FYI
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 6:53:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
if you are buying it for steam. Green Man Gaming will save you some $, and Taxes FYI
View Quote

I bought my copy on Green Man. Still don't have my Steam key, but that is typical for them. Buy a pre-release game on GMG don't expect to get your key until the last second before launch, or sometimes the day after launch.

And for anyone on the fence download and play the Chainsaw Man demo. I was going to wait on REmake4 until a sale but the demo really put the hook in me to play it now.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 8:17:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I bought my copy on Green Man. Still don't have my Steam key, but that is typical for them. Buy a pre-release game on GMG don't expect to get your key until the last second before launch, or sometimes the day after launch.

And for anyone on the fence download and play the Chainsaw Man demo. I was going to wait on REmake4 until a sale but the demo really put the hook in me to play it now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They probably won't give you the key till it's released. I'm fine with that though I'm stuck going into work tomorrow and Saturday. Initially wanted to take vacation days but I have some big projects to take care of

I'm not sure how to work for this release. But when I bought resident evil 3 through steam. I was able to set my VPN to another country and play early. Ymmv
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:30:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I deliberately dont play game demos so that its a total surprise/ treat when the full game comes. I havent read much about the demo either.....assuming you played the other remakes are the controls and handling about the same or better/worse?
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:44:24 PM EDT
[#30]
I played the original RE up through 5, then kind of lost interest in the series. I liked 4 the best, thought it had a great story. I’ll agree, it was a 3rd person shooter more than survival horror but IMHO it retained enough of the RE-style exploratory elements to keep me interested. I mastered the original game on GameCube, had the handcannon, infinite launcher, etc.

I bought the original version for PS4, the controls translated poorly to the PlayStation 4. Got motion sick almost immediately from jostling the camera too much and I gave up trying to adapt the controls.

I did preorder the remake and will give it a few hours tomorrow after work.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:47:39 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm probably going to hate play it, I'll be honest. I don't like a lot of the changes I've seen, but this is one of those cases where I've just got to know how it holds up to the original.

Maybe hate play is a little too strong to say. This was the first remake announcement out of all of them though that I'm lukewarm on (well, also 3 but I'm not even counting that, that was a lame cashgrab). The original holds up so well that I don't know that it needed a remake, and the creative changes that I have seen so far kind of feel like an eraser being taken to my memories.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 10:01:51 PM EDT
[#32]
I wonder if you will be able to avoid the chainsaw wielding guy in the first village you come to by not going into the house which triggers the cut scene. That guy was pissing me off big time in the original before before I figured that out.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 10:08:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I wonder if you will be able to avoid the chainsaw wielding guy in the first village you come to by not going into the house which triggers the cut scene. That guy was pissing me off big time in the original before before I figured that out.
View Quote
All of the RE engine games have been super cheesable so far, once you understand how they're coded. I'd spend subsequent playthroughs of 7, 8 and the 2 remake just trying to break and exploit game mechanics as much as possible.

You know, for some reason I thought steam was region locked to the location you registered in. It is not. Anybody on PC can VPN to Australia and download it now. I am.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:32:15 AM EDT
[#34]
They've knocked it out of the park with graphics settings again. Every game should have Capcom level of settings.
The advanced hair and fur settings are the best I've ever seen in a game to date. I can't overstate both how good this game looks and how optimized it is. I don't even have a bleeding edge PC anymore.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 1:22:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Already finished the first chapter. Really good so far.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 1:42:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Quite exciting. Several questions for PC:

1. Can you aim and move now?
2. Have they updated the keyboard and mouse controls to the modern standard?
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 1:57:21 AM EDT
[#37]
I'll probably get it. I want a remake of Code Veronica.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 2:34:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'll probably get it. I want a remake of Code Veronica.
View Quote

Same...that game desperately needed a remake far more than 4 did.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 2:37:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quite exciting. Several questions for PC:

1. Can you aim and move now?
2. Have they updated the keyboard and mouse controls to the modern standard?
View Quote
1. Yes
2. IDK I use a controller on PC

The laser sight is no longer standard and is an unlockable that I haven't gotten yet, so I can't comment on how that works, but in lieu of that standard aiming lets you shoot and move, but standing still increases accuracy. Although it's not too inaccurate even while moving, I assume to balance out the frantic nature of the combat. It's certainly harder until you get your bearings at least.
Click To View SpoilerThey added +1 reloads to handguns, which is a cool attention to detail, and he's got a very dynamic shooting animations (Pulling his handgun in close when enemies are in your face, for example). It's just neat. This is the third game they put out recently that ended up being way better than I was going in expecting. I've only just made it to the shopkeeper so it's probably premature to say it, but at this point it is not only way better than the original, but maybe the best in the series, if in nothing else, at least polish wise.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 11:04:14 AM EDT
[#40]
I didn't get my Steam key from Green Man until early this morning, so I'm not able to play until later tonight.

GMG did what they always do though, which is send a 5% off coupon as a "sorry" for not getting the key out faster.

That said, two things I noticed playing the Chainsaw Man demo were:

- Your knife is made of glass
- The game feels like the RE2/3 remakes in how you move and attack, with minor tweaks to keep it RE4 (stun kick, etc.)
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:06:49 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm like 1 of 18 people in the universe that didn't like RE4.

OG RE2 4 life.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 4:53:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
- Your knife is made of glass
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 4:55:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

7 is amazing.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 4:58:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

I was only able to play the demo so far, and my playstyle in the demo was very knife heavy to the point the knife broke in the first few minutes of the village battle. I've always been "that guy" in the RE games that will use the knife as much as possible to conserve ammo... to the point that I'll walk into the boss fights with enough ammo to kill them three times over usually.

If what you say is true, then I'll most likely follow what you are saying in the real game.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 5:06:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I was only able to play the demo so far, and my playstyle in the demo was very knife heavy to the point the knife broke in the first few minutes of the village battle. I've always been "that guy" in the RE games that will use the knife as much as possible to conserve ammo... to the point that I'll walk into the boss fights with enough ammo to kill them three times over usually.

If what you say is true, then I'll most likely follow what you are saying in the real game.
View Quote
Tbh that's probably why they added knife durability. In the original I'd always knock down enemies and then finish them off with slashes. Now it's more useful to reserve it for if you're grabbed, or only on villagers that start turning and resurrect. Otherwise they tend to die in 2-4 head or bodyshots anyway. Sometimes a single headshot followed up with a melee attack is enough to kill them, at least on normal.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

7 is amazing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

7 is amazing.

It really is...hope that dude plays it before 8.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 6:24:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Was pleasantly surprised to see an ACOG in a resident evil game lol

Link Posted: 3/24/2023 6:29:19 PM EDT
[#48]
got 2 chapters in, very good.  The best part is, its been so long since I played it.  Forgot most of it.  and yes graphics are awesome.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 6:33:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
got 2 chapters in, very good.  The best part is, its been so long since I played it.  Forgot most of it.  and yes graphics are awesome.
View Quote

So far the game seems the same as the original with little to no changes...I also got to chapter 2 last night
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 6:34:52 PM EDT
[#50]
LoLz to Remake Evil 4.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top