User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 6:45:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LoLz to Remake Evil 4.
View Quote

How come? The money/interest is obviously there.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 6:47:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Beat the game cube one over 50 times. And the new Xbox remake that came out two years ago about 10 times. my favorite video game of all time.
This is actually the third remake of this game
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 7:05:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
Probably because there were a decent amount of rumours and clipped content leaks alleging that the game was being remade to be politically correct. Having given it a chance in spite of that, I can say it's largely overblown. I mean, they brought in this woman to use as a model for Ashley. The ballistics are definitely there.

I can handle a couple of minor line revisions in the grand scheme.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 7:06:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Finally was able to start playing the real game, made it into chapter 3. There are changes from the OG RE4, but they are subtle. Nothing absolutely game-changing so far that I've noticed. Its like the game knows you know what is supposed to happen next, so it changes it up a little bit at a time just to keep you on your toes.

The visuals are excellent, but that is to be expected on the heels of REmake 2 and 3. The gameplay is as good as the OG but the newly added quirks like knife blocking make the game a little too easy IMO. As stated early that is why they added knife breakage... the knife is ridiculously OP in this game. Not from a damage standpoint but from a ninja parry / insta-kill angle. Then again I turned on knife parry with the attack button, so I'm knocking shit away left and right. And at least up into Chapter 3 they dole out kitchen knives like halloween candy, so even if you break your combat knife before you make it to the merchant they have you covered. Same with the healing items, they dole them out like mad. I'm starting to think I should have started on Hardcore rather than Standard difficulty.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Probably because there were a decent amount of rumours and clipped content leaks alleging that the game was being remade to be politically correct. Having given it a chance in spite of that, I can say it's largely overblown. I mean, they brought in this woman to use as a model for Ashley. The ballistics are definitely there.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems way overblown...most companies would have straight up made Leon black now.
Capcom is one of the few companies that seem to be holding their ground.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 7:27:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Finally was able to start playing the real game, made it into chapter 3. There are changes from the OG RE4, but they are subtle. Nothing absolutely game-changing so far that I've noticed. Its like the game knows you know what is supposed to happen next, so it changes it up a little bit at a time just to keep you on your toes.

The visuals are excellent, but that is to be expected on the heels of REmake 2 and 3. The gameplay is as good as the OG but the newly added quirks like knife blocking make the game a little too easy IMO. As stated early that is why they added knife breakage... the knife is ridiculously OP in this game. Not from a damage standpoint but from a ninja parry / insta-kill angle. Then again I turned on knife parry with the attack button, so I'm knocking shit away left and right. And at least up into Chapter 3 they dole out kitchen knives like halloween candy, so even if you break your combat knife before you make it to the merchant they have you covered. Same with the healing items, they dole them out like mad. I'm starting to think I should have started on Hardcore rather than Standard difficulty.
View Quote

Definitely...i started  on hardcore and have not had any of those issues. Game seems challenging but fair. The actual hard difficulty is unlocked after beating hardcore nowadays anyway lol
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 7:32:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm like 1 of 18 people in the universe that didn't like RE4.

OG RE2 4 life.
View Quote

Agree on both counts.

RE4 and everything that has come after has been a poor reflection of the greatest game in the series, OG RE2.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 7:37:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Agree on both counts.

RE4 and everything that has come after has been a poor reflection of the greatest game in the series, OG RE2.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm like 1 of 18 people in the universe that didn't like RE4.

OG RE2 4 life.

Agree on both counts.

Re7 was definitely a masterpiece
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 7:45:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Fuck You Capcom, The Wolf in the Bear Trap is dead and there is no way to save it
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 7:56:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Fuck You Capcom, The Wolf in the Bear Trap is dead and there is no way to save it
View Quote

Keep playing...
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 8:41:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/24/2023 8:48:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/24/2023 8:54:43 PM EDT
[#13]
The Cowman is hilarious to fight. I had cows and pigs literally beat him to death
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 9:00:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LoLz to Remake Evil 4.

Only losers play video games. Haven't you heard.

RE4 was my first RE... I should play the remake.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 9:00:44 PM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/OdRxtyj.png

HELP ME LEON
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 9:38:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Using the scope drops the game down to like 20-30 FPS... Thats one shitty bug.. how is it on consoles? Looks like other people have that issue.

Go figure it stopped doing it after I alt tabbed.

-Parrying is a neat mechanic.
-Leon Runs slower than the first game. You won't always be able to rush up to an enemy to melee.
-Enemies with 2 handed weapons will occasionally bull rush.
-The trader is no longer generous. He no longer gives you ammo with a capacity upgrade.
This sucks because on my last RE4 Playthrough, I had a Desert Eagle and 2 Broken Butterflies lmao. I would never reload them. I'd just keep upgrading the capacity.

Ah well...

I kinda like the DLC shotgun, it's weaker but takes up less space. The handgun was a no brainer upgrade with it's capacity.

One complaint? Leon's starter gun is no longer a Ruger P Series
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:23:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Using the scope drops the game down to like 20-30 FPS... Thats one shitty bug.. how is it on consoles? Looks like other people have that issue.

-Leon Runs slower than the first game. You won't always be able to rush up to an enemy to melee.
-The trader is no longer generous. He no longer gives you ammo with a capacity upgrade.
This sucks because on my last RE4 Playthrough, I had a Desert Eagle and 2 Broken Butterflies lmao. I would never reload them. I'd just keep upgrading the capacity.

Ah well...

I kinda like the DLC shotgun, it's weaker but takes up less space. The handgun was a no brainer upgrade with it's capacity.

View Quote

Havent noticed the dropped FPS issue on PS5.

I like the DLC shotgun too, barely takes up space but it does seem a bit weak.

Ive been using the DLC pistol but have yet to upgrade it...I wonder how it will stack up against the Red9
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:32:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Ive been using the DLC pistol but have yet to upgrade it...I wonder how it will stack up against the Red9
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah well...

I'm holding out for a fully upgraded starter pistol. I'm really hoping it retains the head shot/critical hit modifier
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:53:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Keep playing...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep playing...

I see what you mean now, but damn that was kind of a dick move lmao.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 11:00:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

RE7 is kinda awful, but it revived the series, so I'm thankful for it.

RE4 is one of the best games ever made, IMO.
View Quote

The VR version was like being there - a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 11:11:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You're the only other person I've ever known who's favorite was Code lmao...most people can't stand it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
downloaded and ready to go, its going  to look great on ps5 and oled TV.  Been a huge evil fan since the original.  Played them all, code was my favorite.  Getting nervous for chainsaw man.   Just finished dead space and calisto protocal. Liked them both.

You're the only other person I've ever known who's favorite was Code lmao...most people can't stand it.

Played Veronica on Dreamcast.  Loved it
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 11:12:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Late to the party but I’m downloading it now. I’m not even big on RE, it’s just that RE4 was a phenomenal game in general. I hear the remake is a solid improvement, so I’m definitely in.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 11:14:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Beat the game cube one over 50 times. And the new Xbox remake that came out two years ago about 10 times. my favorite video game of all time.
This is actually the third remake of this game
View Quote

The Typewriter run was fun
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 11:48:52 PM EDT
[#24]
It got harder.
I just made it to the start of the second segment and died twice.
Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 3/24/2023 11:53:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Resident Evil 4 Remake is LAME and Everyone Will LOVE It.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 12:04:16 AM EDT
[#26]

He's fake, gay, wrong, probably autistic, and captured his six hour demo footage on an E-machine from 2001. I've seriously never seen a worse take in my life.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 12:06:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

He's fake, gay, wrong, probably autistic, and captured his six hour demo footage on an E-machine from 2001. I've seriously never seen a worse take in my life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

So he's right.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 12:14:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

So he's right.
View Quote
No, he's not right at all, about anything. He intentionally set the graphics down to the lowest possible setting (and then probably went into the Nvidia control panel and further dicked down the settings) and cranked the brightness to max to misrepresent what the game even looks like. He's also completely wrong about the game mechanics, wrong about the original game mechanics, and wrong about a lot of details from the first game.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 12:16:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
No, he's not right at all, about anything. He intentionally set the graphics down to the lowest possible setting (and then probably went into the Nvidia control panel and further dicked down the settings) and cranked the brightness to max to misrepresent what the game even looks like. He's also completely wrong about the game mechanics, wrong about the original game mechanics, and wrong about a lot of details from the first game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So he's right.

Yeah, he's right.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 12:22:46 AM EDT
[#30]
I kinda want one of these now... Its the RE4 Bolt Gun lmao

Link Posted: 3/25/2023 12:35:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yeah, he's right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah, he's right.
He's literally lying about many things in that video.

Quoted:
I kinda want one of these now... Its the RE4 Bolt Gun lmao
https://www.theloadout.com/wp-content/sites/theloadout/2023/03/resident-evil-4-bolt-thrower.jpg
https://shop.tacticalshit.com/pub/media/catalog/product/cache/39b7b76033368a957a5317a85b656898/s/t/steam1.jpg

The sentinel 9 is the first time I enjoyed a sig product in my life.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 12:37:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, he's right.

If by lying you mean telling the truth I agree.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 12:39:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm starting to think that you made the video.
Why don't you try actually playing the game and decide if he's right or not?
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 12:41:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Got to the lake and called it a night. Much better than the original RE4. Played through the original last month just to remember how painful it was and still is today. This one is on another level and the changes are superb.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 12:45:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because they got it right 14 years ago.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 12:46:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Got to the lake and called it a night. Much better than the original RE4. Played through the original last month just to remember how painful it was and still is today. This one is on another level and the changes are superb.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The only thing I'm really not a fan of at this point is the amount of back tracking neccessary to collect all of the treasures. The last few entries also had the same design, but they were more condensed so it wasn't as bad. The game world is pretty big now, and there's way more stuff to collect than in 7, 8, and the prior remakes, to the point where I feel like it's just artificial padding and really disrupts the pacing of the game. In the original, you mostly just noticed shiny things and picked them up as you went through the story.

Quoted:

That doesn't invalidate the remake from also being good though. I certainly enjoy both dawn of the dead movies. Why would you gatekeep yourself from trying something and forming your own opinion just because some random internet person with barely any following makes a slanderous clickbait video?
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 12:47:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Played Veronica on Dreamcast.  Loved it
View Quote

Incredible game for the time
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 1:04:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The only thing I'm really not a fan of at this point is the amount of back tracking neccessary to collect all of the treasures. The last few entries also had the same design, but they were more condensed so it wasn't as bad. The game world is pretty big now, and there's way more stuff to collect than in 7, 8, and the prior remakes, to the point where I feel like it's just artificial padding and really disrupts the pacing of the game. In the original, you mostly just noticed shiny things and picked them up as you went through the story.

That doesn't invalidate the remake from also being good though. I certainly enjoy both dawn of the dead movies. Why would you gatekeep yourself from trying something and forming your own opinion just because some random internet person with barely any following makes a slanderous clickbait video?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Because I don't need to buy this game again. I had it on the cube, I bought it again for the Wii.
I really don't feel the need to spend $50+ for this game, Capcom gets me often enough with Street Fighter.
Maybe when it hits the bargain bin I'll give it a go but until then...
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 1:22:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Because I don't need to buy this game again. I had it on the cube, I bought it again for the Wii.
I really don't feel the need to spend $50+ for this game, Capcom gets me often enough with Street Fighter.
Maybe when it hits the bargain bin I'll give it a go but until then...
View Quote
That's a justifiable reason to not buy it, but as a result, you're not really in a position to form a solid opinion on how it is as a game if you don't play it. It'd be different if he made an in depth review that shows you a substantial portion of the game, but the man played a demo for six hours with the lowest graphics settings, and formed his entire opinion on it. Whereas I, and I think everybody else in this thread, that have played both the original and the remake, have generally positive opinions on it, even though a fair number have thrown out criticisms with certain aspects. My first post in this thread even lead off with the expectation that I'd be disappointed (in fact, it was only at the last minute that I even decided to buy it, I certainly had a lot of premature hatred for this one), but everything that I expected to dislike ended up being fine.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 1:23:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Only for Nintendo GameCube
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 2:23:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Killed the lake monster. Got the Red9. And have to quit to make breakfast for my boys in the morning. It’s a solid remake in my opinion. Perhaps a little easier than expected. But I haven’t reached the castle yet. And that’s when the chaos starts. It’ll be interesting to see if escorting Ashley will be easier or amped up.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 2:30:14 AM EDT
[#42]
resident evil Zero
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 2:36:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
That game was ahead of its time. Yeah it was different than the others before but I remember it being one of the first newer gen games I played where I thought "woah this is cool"

big guy with the chainsaw fucking terrified me lol
View Quote
Yeah fuck that guy. Thought the 150 rd mag in the TMP was a bit silly. Even 16 year old me wanted a bit more realism in games.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 5:06:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Never had gamecube growing up, so it's fun to play it now on PC. I did play some ports of the original, but it was so close to this release I decided to stop and wait for the remake. I am liking it so far. I can tell it's different from the gamecube release, but that doesn't make it better or worse so far.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 9:14:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Only played about 45 minutes while my son napped. Made it past cow head sledge guy. Still getting used to the movement and controls but getting the hang of it.

Weird, but I think I’m trying to play as if I’m using a GameCube controller despite not having played GameCube since 2006 or so.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 4:27:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
resident evil Zero
View Quote

Another RE lots of fans despise for some reason...I loved that one
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 4:36:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Killed the lake monster. Got the Red9. And have to quit to make breakfast for my boys in the morning. It’s a solid remake in my opinion. Perhaps a little easier than expected. But I haven’t reached the castle yet. And that’s when the chaos starts. It’ll be interesting to see if escorting Ashley will be easier or amped up.
View Quote

That's around the same spot I'm at...been leveling up the Sentinel 9
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 4:49:51 PM EDT
[#48]
One of my favorite games to play over and over. It's stinks that I can't play now due to arthritis and gamer's thumb.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 8:09:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
One of my favorite games to play over and over. It's stinks that I can't play now due to arthritis and gamer's thumb.
View Quote

Pc or console?

Lot more PC players than I would have thought tbh
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 9:03:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hence the remake.....they know how popular the original RE4 was. Why not make money on it?

Also, theres a new generation of gamers...

Young people today aren't going to play older shit for the most part.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top