Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:06:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Police giving police advice has been good. The anti police crowd just doesn’t like to hear it. An officer can disarm you as part of a contact. He doesn't have to, but he can. You can yell muh rats all you want but it’s well within his pervue to do so.
View Quote
You can yell “muh authoritay” all you want but unless you have probable cause or reasonable suspicion you are outside the legal pervue of weapon confiscation and can suck my dick.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:09:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I went to the funeral of a police officer who didn't conduct a Terry frisk.
View Quote
And I have been to the funeral of a man that was unarmed, didnt do anything to warrant police interaction, but still ended up deaded by police because they felt threatened and had the wrong house when he opened the door he took one to the face.

What is your point?  A cops life is more important than a citizens?  Fuck you if that how you feel.  Nobody made you take the job, you did that all by yourself.  I remember a time when police would actually put their lives on the line for people no matter what the cost.  What has happened to our country?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

And I have been to the funeral of a man that was unarmed, didnt do anything to warrant police interaction, but still ended up deaded by police because they felt threatened and had the wrong house when he opened the door he took one to the face.

What is your point?  A cops life is more important than a citizens?  Fuck you if that how you feel.  Nobody made you take the job, you did that all by yourself.  I remember a time when police would actually put their lives on the line for people no matter what the cost.  What has happened to our country?
View Quote
Guys like you got access to the internet. That's what happened to our country.
And I don't buy your funeral story but it was a cool story. Bro.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The Police giving police advice has been good. The anti police crowd just doesn’t like to hear it. An officer can disarm you as part of a contact. He doesn't have to, but he can. You can yell muh rats all you want but it’s well within his pervue to do so.
View Quote
And therein lies the problem, people like you that feel its perfectly ok to do so.  How come a citizen cant disarm a law enforcement officer if he feels like doing so?  One more important than the other?  The sad thing is that you "respect mah authoritay" types cannot understand this is the same shit the left pulls... Rules for thee, not for me, and because I have a badge, I can ignore the constitution and trample on citizens rights.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:23:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't understand those of you who think that you should be able to do anything you want regardless of the impact it has on the people around you.
View Quote
Because, in this instance, it is Constitutionally AND legislatively legal! Maybe you’re the guy who needs to listen to some of the answers posted.

As long as you go home safe, and get to keep your pension, You seem to be fine with it.

I’m sick of LEOs who are worse than liberals when it comes to understanding and supporting the constitution!
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:23:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

And therein lies the problem, people like you that feel its perfectly ok to do so.  How come a citizen cant disarm a law enforcement officer if he feels like doing so?  One more important than the other?  The sad thing is that you "respect mah authoritay" types cannot understand this is the same shit the left pulls... Rules for thee, not for me, and because I have a badge, I can ignore the constitution and trample on citizens rights.
View Quote
I suggest you try that. Please be sure to film it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

A gun is a different threat than a BOOK, which was the ridiculous comparison attempted earlier.
This is simple reality.
Recognizing that a gun represents a heightened risk factor in a street encounter doesn't make an officer anti-gun or against the Constitution.
Try harder.
View Quote
They are both otherwise legal objects that can be used in an unlawful manner. There is no difference. If there was not reasonable articulable suspicion that a crime had been committed, the  dangerous man with a gun had no business even talking to the guy walking with his son, let alone attacking him. It's only a shame the criminal went home safely.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:24:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It's retarded.  
As retarded as the people that promote it.
Fucking retarded bullshit.
View Quote
What's the origin of it?  Who created that slogan, or poster?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:25:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They are both otherwise legal objects that can be used in an unlawful manner. There is no difference. If there was not reasonable articulable suspicion that a crime had been committed, the  dangerous man with a gun had no business even talking to the guy walking with his son, let alone attacking him. It's only a shame the criminal went home safely.
View Quote
So the cop should have been shot? C'mon tell us what you're thinking.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:25:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You weed out the bad ones by filing complaints
View Quote
Yeah! Then the cops investigate themselves, and find no wrongdoing.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:27:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You want him to get shot and killed because he disagrees with you?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:27:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If you think that you can do it better, knock yourself out and take the test and go through the hiring process.
Show us how its done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is no need for an investigation there Dudley Dooright...  How about walking up to the guy and saying Hello, introducing yourself and then asking nicely what he's doing and why he might be carrying the firearm while doing it?  Just because someone has a rifle slung doesn't mean they are a criminal.  If that officer, or any officer for that matter doesn't have the situational awareness to see if that person is an actual threat in that time, they need to find another occupation.  I am getting tired of this type of behavior.  Its just like the left wailing about "if it saves just one child" bullshit, except its "if it saves just one law enforcement officer".  You signed up for the job, either put on your big boy pants and do it without infringing on law abiding citizens rights, or find another line of work.
If you think that you can do it better, knock yourself out and take the test and go through the hiring process.
Show us how its done.
Where the fuck did I ever say I could do it better? Or even wanted to do it at all?  Thats your argument?  Holy shit, how about being a normal person that wears a badge and is there to help the citizens of their jursidiction, not treat them like criminals?  Or is that not possible because you want to go home safe at night?  Like I said, you signed up for it, dont like it, quit.  But infringing upon peoples rights because you feel like it isnt gonna work.  Police will lose the support of the people the more this shit happens and I dont think anyone wants those consequences, I know I dont...
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:28:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You want him to get shot and killed because he disagrees with you?
View Quote
No I want to see him try to disarm a cop. If he gets shot and killed in the process it won't be because he disagreed with me.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:29:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You really don't know what you're talking about. Seriously, you don't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That precedent has been used as an excuse to ass fuck the Constitution to death, but thankfully more recent precedent is drawing much tighter boundaries around it.
You really don't know what you're talking about. Seriously, you don't.
If there is a not reasonable suspicion that criminal activity has been, is being, or is about to be committed and that the individual(s) are armed and dangerous, the officer may only initiate voluntary contact with the individuals, where the individual is free to terminate the interaction and leave.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:30:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MP giving how to police advice. Priceless.
Well its a lot better than the actual police giving police advice in this thread.
I have it on good authority that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Seriously, though, it is not legal for police to involuntarily disarm someone without RS.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:31:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's retarded.  
As retarded as the people that promote it.
Fucking retarded bullshit.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/The-policeman-is-a-peace-time-soldier-always-at-war
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:31:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s perfectly ok to disarm someone as part of a contact if that is what the office feels need to be done and he can articulate it. You don’t have to like it, but you need to decide to either comply or escalate.

I find it comical that you think it would be ok to try and disarm me. Please give it a try.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:32:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Obviously I wasn’t keeping track of usernames and it was referenced towards the person shitting on the MP giving out advice. Jesus Christ is that a hard one to figure out for you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't say shit about an MP what are you talking about?
Obviously I wasn’t keeping track of usernames and it was referenced towards the person shitting on the MP giving out advice. Jesus Christ is that a hard one to figure out for you?
"Why can't you keep better track of my mistakes? It's your fault when I fuck up!"
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:33:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would you shoot someone who grabbed for your gun? I'm not saying I would, but there's a real good chance of it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:35:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Reasonable suspicion when it comes to officer safety in a given situation is what the investigating officer articulates.
View All Quotes
"Reasonable suspicion that criminal activity has been, is being, or is about to be committed" is NOT whatever hillbilly decides to make up. He has to articulate a REASONABLE SUSPICION.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yeah! Then the cops investigate themselves, and find no wrongdoing.
View Quote
A good IA officer is interested in protecting the integrity of his agency.  Of course, there are bad apples and political influence comes into play (officer the subject of the investigation is related to a high ranking officer in the department so he gets a pass - I've seen that in San Franciscograd).
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:36:53 PM EDT
[#23]
I used to think people on AR15.com were a bit on the law enforcement bashing bandwagon.  I now see why.  We have more than a couple of officers or former officers here that do not believe in the constitution, do not believe they are there to help their community by interacting with people in a respectful and decent manner.  They believe that a badge gives them the right to treat normal everyday people like criminals because they might encounter one the next time.  How is this thought process ok?  How have we gone so far down this slippery slope?  I respect the people that choose to become law enforcement officers because they have a tough job to do, and I know I could not do it.  In that same thought, I cannot understand how this way of thinking has evolved into the new normal, and is not shunned as much as it should be.  There are good officers out there, and they deserve our respect, but in the same instance, the bad ones deserve our questioning of their motives and tactics, but even more important, they deserve the disdain of their fellow officers for giving the profession as a whole a black eye.

I understand mistakes happen, but covering it up, lying about what really happened, and fellow officers not putting a stop to this behavior will result in really bad consequences that I do not want to ever see...
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:39:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Its this type of rationalization that guys like you have in this thread that makes it pointless to even discuss anything with you. You're so disassociated from reality I don't see how you can function in the real world.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:39:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Being a bully and stupid, not knowing how an AR works, and being scared is a bad combination.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:39:51 PM EDT
[#26]
God! All these “I’m afraid for my safety” cops. Y’all need to get different jobs if you think that man was a threat.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:39:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Terry v Ohio is a right the officer didn't exercise. Now he's dead. You're talking shit about somebody you don't know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been to a few funerals. If you can't accept some risk, don't take the job. Your safety is secondary to our rights. Sorry if that gives you bad feels.
Terry v Ohio is a right the officer didn't exercise. Now he's dead. You're talking shit about somebody you don't know.
Here we have a confusion between "rights" and "powers".

And also about the full complexity of _Terry_, which still requires reasonable suspicion of a crime having been committed AND that the person represents a threat to the officers.  Just that someone calls in and claims someone is "suspicious" does not provide adequate basis to detain someone against their will, so would also not meet the requirements of _Terry_.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:40:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

"Why can't you keep better track of my mistakes? It's your fault when I fuck up!"
View Quote
Haha I know I know, i fucked it all up. I lost track of who is licking who’s boots and such.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:40:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It’s perfectly ok to disarm someone as part of a contact if that is what the office feels need to be done and he can articulate it. You don’t have to like it, but you need to decide to either comply or escalate.

I find it comical that you think it would be ok to try and disarm me. Please give it a try.
View Quote
Wow, power trip much?  You really think you are above the law, dont you?  Wanting a normal person to try to disarm you so you can "get it on"  This is exactly the mentality that is completely tarnishing the vaunted law enforcement profession...
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:42:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

"Reasonable suspicion that criminal activity has been, is being, or is about to be committed" is NOT whatever hillbilly decides to make up. He has to articulate a REASONABLE SUSPICION.
View Quote
I'm talking about a Terry frisk.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:43:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Its this type of rationalization that guys like you have in this thread that makes it pointless to even discuss anything with you. You're so disassociated from reality I don't see how you can function in the real world.
View Quote
Yeah it's time to warm up the ignore button
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:44:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Terry v Ohio isn't just a "yankee" ruling.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe in Yankeestan.  There are some caveats on _Terry_ that bear thinking about.  If he can't articulate what crime he believed was being committed, his legal basis for disarming the 1SG is very shaky.  Down here, court decisions prompted a law that made it clear that police can not detain someone just to verify if they have a license to carry a firearm or to check whether the firearm is stolen.
Terry v Ohio isn't just a "yankee" ruling.
You strangely don't address that _Terry_ is NOT an unlimited power to stop and frisk individuals walking down the street...

Btw, you're on a gun site where the vast majority of posters support law and order, arguing in such a manner as to cause at least some people to question whether law enforcement is properly filling the governmental role of protecting rights...
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:44:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Seriously, though, it is not legal for police to involuntarily disarm someone without RS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MP giving how to police advice. Priceless.
Well its a lot better than the actual police giving police advice in this thread.

And that’s my point.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:45:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Funny how the ARF Gestapo and their cucks get bent out of shape when you say they can’t disarm you on a whim.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:46:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You strangely don't address that _Terry_ is NOT an unlimited power to stop and frisk individuals walking down the street...

Btw, you're on a gun site where the vast majority of posters support law and order, arguing in such a manner as to cause at least some people to question whether law enforcement is properly filling the governmental role of protecting rights...
View Quote
This is the point I am trying to make, thank you for making it so succinctly.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:47:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
All he had to do was talk to you but that bag of shit was a dick.  Temple cops have always been dicks but I guess you know that.

I have run into a lot of Texas cops that are real old school cool but as they age out that is going away.
View Quote
I know some who are very much old school, but they tend to be in more rural areas.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:50:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
I never argued it was unlimited; I'll tell you what though, any cop worth a shit sees suspicious activity (guy slinking around a closed business in a high burglary for just one example) and approaches the individual who acts squirrels, he's gonna get patted down for weapons. You and your fellow anarchist/sovereign citizens may not like that but tough fucking shit.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:51:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been to a few funerals. If you can't accept some risk, don't take the job. Your safety is secondary to our rights. Sorry if that gives you bad feels.
Terry frisks are not a right, an individual does not have the right to feel up another just to put themselves at ease.

A terry frisk is something that police will do and will escalate if need be to do so, because courts have said they wont punish them for doing so. It is however not a right, neither governments nor judges grant rights.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:53:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Terry frisks are not a right, an individual does not have the right to feel up another just to put themselves at ease.

A terry frisk is something that a police officer will do and will escalate if need be to do so, because courts have said they wont punish them for doing so. It is however not a right, neither governments nor judges grant rights.
View Quote
An officer has a right to protect himself.
You're too far gone to even respond to.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:54:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Wow, power trip much?  You really think you are above the law, dont you?  Wanting a normal person to try to disarm you so you can "get it on"  This is exactly the mentality that is completely tarnishing the vaunted law enforcement profession...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not on any trip and fully follow the law. I have a life long love of the Constitution and in addition to have sworn multiple oaths to support and defend it, I also understand what my authorities and powers are and I never exceed them. Regardless of what you wrongly believe,  I’m on the side of legally armed society and will continue to do so. I won’t be LEO for many more years than I will be one and I act accordingly. I don’t abuse my authorities.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A terry frisk is something that a police officer will do and will escalate if need be to do so, because courts have said they wont punish them for doing so. It is however not a right, neither governments nor judges grant rights.
Self defense is a human right, not just a right for police.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 7:00:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Some rights are more equal than others. Pick up that can citizen.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 7:07:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
And police aren't excluded from that right.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 7:09:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Not on any trip and fully follow the law. I have a life long love of the Constitution and in addition to have sworn multiple oaths to support and defend it, I also understand what my authorities and powers are and I never exceed them. Regardless of what you wrongly believe,  I’m on the side of legally armed society and will continue to do so. I won’t be LEO for many more years than I will be one and I act accordingly. I don’t abuse my authorities.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was certainly the vibe I picked up as well. The last sentence 2 posts of yours ago i found particularly gross. Keep it civil
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 7:51:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which requires "Reasonable suspicion that criminal activity has been, is being, or is about to be committed". It's right fucking there in plain English. And that's why I've been telling you that police departments have been improperly applying Terry. They have been using it as an excuse to search any time they want and that's obviously in opposition to the SCOTUS ruling.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 8:02:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It was certainly the vibe I picked up as well. The last sentence 2 posts of yours ago i found particularly gross. Keep it civil
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that was in response to some dude wanting to disarm me for whatever. I don’t ( and 99% of LEOs) dont spend their duty time either looking to fuck with people or are looking to use lethal force on people. We really don’t. I’ve been through it and it sucks. At the same time, once I’ve decided to initiate a contact I’m going to set myself up for success as best as I can given the circumstances I’ve being thrown into. And my actions are reviewable under law and agency policy. It’s never thunderdome and I (we) are answerable for all of our actions.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 8:07:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Which requires "Reasonable suspicion that criminal activity has been, is being, or is about to be committed". It's right fucking there in plain English. And that's why I've been telling you that police departments have been improperly applying Terry. They have been using it as an excuse to search any time they want and that's obviously in opposition to the SCOTUS ruling.
View Quote
And reasonable suspicion is based on the totality of the circumstances and what is know to the officer at the time.
Terry is not a search it is an outside frisk for weapons. You're either trolling or woefully ignorant, whatever your issue is I'm weary of going back and forth with you. On ignore you go, somebody else can banter with you.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 8:14:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
And that was in response to some dude wanting to disarm me for whatever. I don’t ( and 99% of LEOs) dont spend their duty time either looking to fuck with people or are looking to use lethal force on people. We really don’t. I’ve been through it and it sucks. At the same time, once I’ve decided to initiate a contact I’m going to set myself up for success as best as I can given the circumstances I’ve being thrown into. And my actions are reviewable under law and agency policy. It’s never thunderdome and I (we) are answerable for all of our actions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he was just saying that we are all equals and all have the same rights. That's what his "if you can finger fuck my gun I should be able to finger fuck your gun" argument was based on. But the way things are set up we are definitely the low man on the totem pole when it comes to being free to use those rights without some sort of punishment vs certain law enforcement. All of my in person dealings with law enforcement has been pretty positive as far as I can remember. But it is not that way on the internet.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 8:31:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
And reasonable suspicion is based on the totality of the circumstances and what is know to the officer at the time.
Terry is not a search it is an outside frisk for weapons. You're either trolling or woefully ignorant, whatever your issue is I'm weary of going back and forth with you. On ignore you go, somebody else can banter with you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A frisk is a search within the meaning of the Fourth Amendment

You're wrong again. Seriously, read the link I posted. It's not some kooky idea I came up with.

And the totality of this situation, as officer fuckstick knew it was that a man was engaged in legal activity with absolute ZERO indication that a crime had been or would be committed. You don't get to play make-believe what if games.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 8:33:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I never argued it was unlimited; I'll tell you what though, any cop worth a shit sees suspicious activity (guy slinking around a closed business in a high burglary for just one example) and approaches the individual who acts squirrels, he's gonna get patted down for weapons. You and your fellow anarchist/sovereign citizens may not like that but tough fucking shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You give an example of additional facts that would support a reasonable articulable suspicion of current or pending criminal action, as specified in _Terry_.

Walking down the street legally carrying a rifle does not meet that standard...
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top