Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 4:19:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So, what would happen if I was to walk up to a police officer, ask why he has a pistol, and then proceed to finger fuck it without asking? Are we going to have another "more equal than others" conversation?
View Quote
And under what authority or justification would you be doing so? None. Next question.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 4:22:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
They went out looking for a problem and found one.
View Quote
They created the problem out of thin air.  I'll bet there was no call to the cops in the first place.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 4:28:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Guy is a fucking retard. Get your attorney whom you have on retainer and have him contact these guys to start the process to get your shit back. This guy is doing nothing more than rabble rousing and trying to catch responses on camera.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 4:34:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
And under what authority or justification would you be doing so? None. Next question.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, what would happen if I was to walk up to a police officer, ask why he has a pistol, and then proceed to finger fuck it without asking? Are we going to have another "more equal than others" conversation?
So, being as the man with the AR was perfectly within his rights, what reason did the cop have for finger-fucking the weapon without a request being made, or permission being given?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 4:37:54 PM EDT
[#5]
The last time I got pulled over was about 5 years ago. I was spacing out thinking about work and ran the beginning of a red light. The LEO was sitting at the intersection... bagged. So when he came up to me, I informed him that there was a .45 sitting on top of the registration in the glovebox and I asked him how he'd like to handle things. We agreed that I could carefully take it out and place it on the passenger seat. The officer informed me that he wanted to unload it for his safety and I agreed that he could do so. I did roll my eyes and point out that the .45 was there for my safety. So he went to the passenger door, opened it, dropped the mag and then got a puzzled look on his face. I had to explain how to rack the slide on a .45 (take the safety off). So he took my license and registration and went back to his cruiser - leaving the .45, mag and extracted round on the passenger seat!

In situations like this you have to wonder whether your safety is guaranteed when the officer doesn't seem to know what they're doing. Best thing to do is just go along with it. And the result was that I got a warning - haven't had a ticket in > 30 years.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 4:38:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I’m not sure what the laws are where he’s at but carrying his AR with his son on his 10 mile Boy Scouts hike probably isn’t a good idea, just sayin. just because you can doesn’t mean it’s really a good idea. With it being Texas, I would lean heavily on it being perfectly leagle to do so.

And as for the cop, I think I’ll keep my comments to myself so that I don’t get banned. However, he could have handled that situation much better and avoided a lot of bullshit.
View Quote
Thanks for the advice counselor.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 4:41:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
With virtually no other information? No.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So if someone calls in and says "There's a black man walking down my street and I don't recognize him" that's enough to detain him for an investigation?
Then how is that any different than a man lawfully walking down the road with a slung rifle?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 4:43:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So, being as the man with the AR was perfectly within his rights, what reason did the cop have for finger-fucking the weapon without a request being made, or permission being given?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You already know the answer.

Link Posted: 8/14/2018 4:48:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Then how is that any different than a man lawfully walking down the road with a slung rifle?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So if someone calls in and says "There's a black man walking down my street and I don't recognize him" that's enough to detain him for an investigation?
Apparently he was on the wrong side of the road.

He said that the only thing Grisham was guilty of was walking on the wrong side of the road, which was stated in the probable cause affidavit
Had a crappy judge as well.

"Walter Smith Jr., who is no longer serving as a judge because he was disciplined for being intoxicated and sexually assaulting a court reporter in his chambers,” Keilberg said."
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 4:48:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I've been to a few funerals. If you can't accept some risk, don't take the job. Your safety is secondary to our rights. Sorry if that gives you bad feels.
View Quote
Terry v Ohio is a right the officer didn't exercise. Now he's dead. You're talking shit about somebody you don't know.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 4:58:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/u4ARgIU.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/u4ARgIU.jpg
I'm sure our LEO buddies will explain that more "succinctly" for we peasants.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 4:59:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That incident sparked Open Carry Texas and other groups. It also pushed for better LTC laws. Grisham is a spokesman and travels around speaking on the topic.

City mouse cop in the countryside of Texas with little knowledge of the Texas Constitution and common sense.

Yankees moving to Texas to join PDs and SOs have to be retrained and reprogrammed.
View Quote
It’s not the Yankees fault or the Californians fault. Texas breeds plenty of its own stupidity.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:00:57 PM EDT
[#13]
15 seconds in.  Fatty McCardiacarrest is a fucking power tripping asshole.
Should not be in charge of anything more important than a fucking dumpster.
Quit watching after that.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:02:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You love that quote a lot.
View Quote
It's retarded.  
As retarded as the people that promote it.
Fucking retarded bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:04:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Was the citizen who called this in ever contacted and made public?
Any chance 1SG called this in himself to set this up?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:06:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Once again, putting words in my mouth that I didn't say. That's something like the third time you've done that in this thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And you are admitting that you believe the mere presence of a gun provides all the excuse a bad cop needs to physically attack someone. That's all I need to know about you.
Once again, putting words in my mouth that I didn't say. That's something like the third time you've done that in this thread.
Appears to be a pretty accurate paraphrasing of your post... which he took the time to quote above.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:08:04 PM EDT
[#18]
And this picture is exactly what is wrong in civilian police work.  Let me start out by writing that I was a USAR MP Lieutenant.  I was trained to be a cop in "war."

A civilian police officer is supposed to be a "peace" officer, not a "war" officer. It is that attitude why so many civilian police are problems.  If you are so afraid that you have to take a "war" footing against the people are you are sworn to "protect and serve," turn in your badge.  If you check the National Safety Council, you'll see occupations in forestry, fishing, and farming, to name a few, that are more dangerous than police work. But it seems police are the only ones who want to eliminate rights of the public to make them "safer."

Let pass so wisdom an Captain at USAMPS (US Army MP School) passed on.  He warned us that, if we ever lose the support of the people, we were in trouble. If police like fat boy in the video keep rolling, and the "good" police don't make a stand against the bad police, you will lose support of the people.  And if you do, it won't be the gangbanger you'll have to worry about.

Please "protect and serve" or turn in your badge and get into a job where you can feel "safe."
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Why does he have to lug an AR down the road for that task?
View Quote
Why not?  Bad guys are everywhere.  Maybe I should not conceal carry a gun.  Why do I need to?    Just fight the bad guys with a stick or can of soda.

Maybe I should not open carry.   Why do I need to?    Just fight the bad guys with a stick or can of soda.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Because we can control a scene that we've been called to so we can figure out what's going on.
That was explained in the video.
We don't have crystal balls to know who is who and what is going on.
There is no ominous background music or camera angles to tell officers what is going on and who was who.
Life is not a TV show.
View Quote
If you can't assess those two as not a threat you need training.  If you are a cop then that is even worse.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:12:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Already answered.

Quoted:

Appears to be a pretty accurate paraphrasing of your post... which he took the time to quote above.
No, its not. He has a tendency to make some comment about what he THINKS I said, or what I meant, that has no basis in reality.

Quoted:

If you can't assess those two as not a threat you need training.  If you are a cop then that is even worse.
And once again, someone who apparently thinks that bad guys look like bad guys, and everyone else should be instantly apparent to be good guys, without any sort of interview. How are officers supposed to assess someone without conducting an interview? As I've already pointed out, there are no camera angles or background music or back story to someone we've encountered that tells us what sort of person they are, unless we've previously dealt with them. And even that can go wrong because some officers get lulled into thinking that just because they've dealt with someone before they aren't a threat..

Quoted:

Why not?  Bad guys are everywhere.  Maybe I should not conceal carry a gun.  Why do I need to?    Just fight the bad guys with a stick or can of soda.

Maybe I should not open carry.   Why do I need to?    Just fight the bad guys with a stick or can of soda.
Already addressed multiple times in the thread.
I don't understand those of you who think that you should be able to do anything you want regardless of the impact it has on the people around you.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:12:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
And this picture is exactly what is wrong in civilian police work.  Let me start out by writing that I was a USAR MP Lieutenant.  I was trained to be a cop in "war."

A civilian police officer is supposed to be a "peace" officer, not a "war" officer. It is that attitude why so many civilian police are problems.  If you are so afraid that you have to take a "war" footing against the people are you are sworn to "protect and serve," turn in your badge.  If you check the National Safety Council, you'll see occupations in forestry, fishing, and farming, to name a few, that are more dangerous than police work. But it seems police are the only ones who want to eliminate rights of the public to make them "safer."

Let pass so wisdom an Captain at USAMPS (US Army MP School) passed on.  He warned us that, if we ever lose the support of the people, we were in trouble. If police like fat boy in the video keep rolling, and the "good" police don't make a stand against the bad police, you will lose support of the people.  And if you do, it won't be the gangbanger you'll have to worry about.

Please "protect and serve" or turn in your badge and get into a job where you can feel "safe."
View All Quotes
Quoted:

MP giving how to police advice. Priceless.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:12:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Somebody deserves a donut
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:19:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The only exception would be if the book was Hillary Clinton's  What Happened. Unnecessary force could then be argued as necessary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.  Which is why I noted they would ask "why" the guy was "suspicious".  It would have to be something other than the book.
The only exception would be if the book was Hillary Clinton's  What Happened. Unnecessary force could then be argued as necessary.
Nah. No way could that ever damage anything. Do you know what the maximum effective range of an excuse is? Zero fucking meters.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:20:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You're an edgy one you rascal!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe we should stop letting cops tell each other what the Constitution means, especially since they tend to select for low intelligence.
You're an edgy one you rascal!
I think I like you. You're one of the good ones.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:21:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Normal people don't go hiking with a long gun strapped to their chest.
That answer alone is going to raise more questions than it answers.

You're welcome to your opinion, but it's wrong. Sorry to say.
View Quote
You are apparently from New York.   Your viewpoints are all suspect.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:21:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well its a lot better than the actual police giving police advice in this thread.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:21:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Already answered.

No, its not. He has a tendency to make some comment about what he THINKS I said, or what I meant, that has no basis in reality.

And once again, someone who apparently thinks that bad guys look like bad guys, and everyone else should be instantly apparent to be good guys, without any sort of interview. How are officers supposed to assess someone without conducting an interview? As I've already pointed out, there are no camera angles or background music or back story to someone we've encountered that tells us what sort of person they are, unless we've previously dealt with them. And even that can go wrong because some officers get lulled into thinking that just because they've dealt with someone before they aren't a threat..

I don't understand those of you who think that you should be able to do anything you want regardless of the impact it has on the people around you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Already answered.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Irony overload.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sure there's a chance. Even if he did, the cops screwed up.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:27:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
No. You literally said that the presence of a gun is different from other legal behavior because it could be used to kill. You don't believe in gun rights or the 4A. Care to tell us what other parts of the Constitution you don't like?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:28:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Well its a lot better than the actual police giving police advice in this thread.
View Quote
The only police advice I've seen in this thread is several trying to explain reason for contact, probable cause for approaching a person, and Terry V Ohio.
I've yet to even see a post proclaiming the cop 100% right in this incident.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now you're getting it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:28:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Sure there's a chance. Even if he did, the cops screwed up.
View Quote
Fair point. But the screw up wasn't the initial approach of 1SG. Mistakes came later.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:29:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

No. You literally said that the presence of a gun is different from other legal behavior because it could be used to kill. You don't believe in gun rights or the 4A. Care to tell us what other parts of the Constitution you don't like?
View Quote
A gun is a different threat than a BOOK, which was the ridiculous comparison attempted earlier.
This is simple reality.
Recognizing that a gun represents a heightened risk factor in a street encounter doesn't make an officer anti-gun or against the Constitution.
Try harder.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:32:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Terry v Ohio is a right the officer didn't exercise. Now he's dead. You're talking shit about somebody you don't know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been to a few funerals. If you can't accept some risk, don't take the job. Your safety is secondary to our rights. Sorry if that gives you bad feels.
That precedent has been used as an excuse to ass fuck the Constitution to death, but thankfully more recent precedent is drawing much tighter boundaries around it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:35:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It's just an attitude some cops have.

30+ years ago I heard screwy shit all the time from the guys I worked with.

Hey, "they" owe us.  "They" are the common citizens walking the streets that need the protection of badge wearing gun carrying LEOs.  Why to "they" owe us?  Because we put our lives on the line every day for them.  Heard it so much it started to piss me off.  I told more than one of them if they felt that scared, that threatened, by doing the jobs they applied for then maybe they should resign and find a safer job.  Damn, that didn't go over well.  What the hell was wrong with me?  Why was I being so shitty with them?

Then there was the I've got a badge and a gun, you have to do what I say.  I remember watching another cop arrest a guy for public intoxication one night.  I pointed out the guy wasn't drunk.  The cop said, "Yeah, I know, but I'm tired of listening to his mouth."  I asked about the judge/trial that might follow (some people just pay the fine/court costs before the hearing with the justice of the peace/judge).  The other cop said, "Look, it's my word against his and I know the judge always takes my word for it."  Damn, that was some scary shit when I first heard another cop speak that idea out loud.

I could go on and on about people being beat up, people getting parking tickets when legally parked, people getting their cars towed for no good reason, people being assaulted by city/county employees and having it covered up by LEOs.  That 4 year period in my life forever changed my view of police and law enforcement and judges/courts.

I know there are good cops out there.  I worked with a couple.  I knew (or still think I knew) some good ones in other departments.  Unfortunately, back then (and maybe now) the good ones have no way of weeding out the bad ones and cleaning up the activities and reputation of the whole department.
View Quote
You weed out the bad ones by filing complaints
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:36:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The only police advice I've seen in this thread is several trying to explain reason for contact, probable cause for approaching a person, and Terry V Ohio.
I've yet to even see a post proclaiming the cop 100% right in this incident.
View Quote
No, there has not been anybody proclaiming the cop 100% right BUT there has been some condoning the officers attempt to disarm the man and treat him with a certain level of suspicion despite the fact there was no present reason to do so.

Funny how you disregard a well thought out response on the sole reason of the person being a former MP, as if that means jack shit either way.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:37:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Guy is a fucking retard. Get your attorney whom you have on retainer and have him contact these guys to start the process to get your shit back. This guy is doing nothing more than rabble rousing and trying to catch responses on camera.
View Quote
If stupid cops did not act improperly there would be nothing to report.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That precedent has been used as an excuse to ass fuck the Constitution to death, but thankfully more recent precedent is drawing much tighter boundaries around it.
View Quote
You really don't know what you're talking about. Seriously, you don't.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:39:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Police giving police advice has been good. The anti police crowd just doesn’t like to hear it. An officer can disarm you as part of a contact. He doesn't have to, but he can. You can yell muh rats all you want but it’s well within his pervue to do so.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:39:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Who was preemptively infringing. Officers have the right to disarm someone they're interacting with in the interest of officer and public safety.
It has nothing to do with being ignorant of a situation. There is no way for an officer to know what is occurring until they investigate and determine what is occurring.
Like I said, we don't have crystal balls. We can't read minds.
It sounded to me that the officer was initially not going to disarm the guy, specifically told him to not touch the firearm and once the guys other hand was at the stock the officer decided that he needed to control the situation more than he had up to that point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ignorance of the situation is not a good excuse for preemptively infringing on the lives of law-abiding citizens.
Who was preemptively infringing. Officers have the right to disarm someone they're interacting with in the interest of officer and public safety.
It has nothing to do with being ignorant of a situation. There is no way for an officer to know what is occurring until they investigate and determine what is occurring.
Like I said, we don't have crystal balls. We can't read minds.
It sounded to me that the officer was initially not going to disarm the guy, specifically told him to not touch the firearm and once the guys other hand was at the stock the officer decided that he needed to control the situation more than he had up to that point.
Maybe in Yankeestan.  There are some caveats on _Terry_ that bear thinking about.  If he can't articulate what crime he believed was being committed, his legal basis for disarming the 1SG is very shaky.  Down here, court decisions prompted a law that made it clear that police can not detain someone just to verify if they have a license to carry a firearm or to check whether the firearm is stolen.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:42:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The film student / agitator was told to have his lawyer contact the prosecutors office. Period end of story. He gets all butthurt because like a spoiled he didn’t get the answer he wanted.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:44:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Response:  probably wrong every time you used it

So if  a hundred liberals are "afraid" that I open carry then I am not allowed to do so?  That is not how it works.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:45:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

No, there has not been anybody proclaiming the cop 100% right BUT there has been some condoning the officers attempt to disarm the man and treat him with a certain level of suspicion despite the fact there was no present reason to do so.

Funny how you disregard a well thought out response on the sole reason of the person being a former MP, as if that means jack shit either way.
View Quote
I didn't say shit about an MP what are you talking about?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The Police giving police advice has been good. The anti police crowd just doesn’t like to hear it. An officer can disarm you as part of a contact. He doesn't have to, but he can. You can yell muh rats all you want but it’s well within his pervue to do so.
View Quote
You’re right.

He can as a part of an investigatory detention. Which requires reasonable suspicion of a crime.  The courts have ruled that lawful carrying of a firearm does not give reasonable suspicion.

The cop himself stated there was nothing. If they had anything, surely we’d have seen it already.

The police legally cannot stop you and disarm you for no reason, in practice however, looks like they can. So who really cares about the laws?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

To reframe it properly, we have a complaint. We have the authority to disarm you for the duration of the investigation. If you fail to comply with instructions given, we will respond accordingly to that failure to comply. You do not have the right to assault an officer conducting a lawful investigation.

There is nothing unethical in that progression.
View Quote
There is no need for an investigation there Dudley Dooright...  How about walking up to the guy and saying Hello, introducing yourself and then asking nicely what he's doing and why he might be carrying the firearm while doing it?  Just because someone has a rifle slung doesn't mean they are a criminal.  If that officer, or any officer for that matter doesn't have the situational awareness to see if that person is an actual threat in that time, they need to find another occupation.  I am getting tired of this type of behavior.  Its just like the left wailing about "if it saves just one child" bullshit, except its "if it saves just one law enforcement officer".  You signed up for the job, either put on your big boy pants and do it without infringing on law abiding citizens rights, or find another line of work.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:55:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Maybe in Yankeestan.  There are some caveats on _Terry_ that bear thinking about.  If he can't articulate what crime he believed was being committed, his legal basis for disarming the 1SG is very shaky.  Down here, court decisions prompted a law that made it clear that police can not detain someone just to verify if they have a license to carry a firearm or to check whether the firearm is stolen.
View Quote
Terry v Ohio isn't just a "yankee" ruling.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:59:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

There is no need for an investigation there Dudley Dooright...  How about walking up to the guy and saying Hello, introducing yourself and then asking nicely what he's doing and why he might be carrying the firearm while doing it?  Just because someone has a rifle slung doesn't mean they are a criminal.  If that officer, or any officer for that matter doesn't have the situational awareness to see if that person is an actual threat in that time, they need to find another occupation.  I am getting tired of this type of behavior.  Its just like the left wailing about "if it saves just one child" bullshit, except its "if it saves just one law enforcement officer".  You signed up for the job, either put on your big boy pants and do it without infringing on law abiding citizens rights, or find another line of work.
View Quote
If you think that you can do it better, knock yourself out and take the test and go through the hiring process.
Show us how its done.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:04:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I didn't say shit about an MP what are you talking about?
View Quote
Obviously I wasn’t keeping track of usernames and it was referenced towards the person shitting on the MP giving out advice. Jesus Christ is that a hard one to figure out for you?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:06:12 PM EDT
[#50]
All he had to do was talk to you but that bag of shit was a dick.  Temple cops have always been dicks but I guess you know that.

I have run into a lot of Texas cops that are real old school cool but as they age out that is going away.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top