Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 19
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 11:25:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I have 118 scanned in so far with 71 more to go with what I have already.  I'm still looking for some missing issues and trying to get the later year issues.

SoF 1986-05

SoF 1986-06

SoF 1986-07

SoF 1986-08

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 10:13:45 PM EDT
[#2]
The rest of 1986.

SoF 1986-09

SoF 1986-10

SoF 1986-11

SoF 1986-12

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 9:11:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh wow.  May have to start downloading those
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 9:16:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lots of threads about a country that isn't even a country any more.  How about Yugoslavia or Czechoslovakia? Zanzibar? Catalonia?
View Quote
Apart from Zanzibar those aren't 3rd world shit holes.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:32:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Serious question, did you have any family from Cuba that were sent to Africa for any of the many conflicts?
View Quote
Buddy of mine, Cuban refugee, had his father in Angola when he was a little guy.  He got drafted just before he got out of Cuba.  He pissed his pants during the physical and babbled like an idiot.  The doctors sent him to a mental hospital instead of the army.  The doctors claimed it to be related to the stress of the separation from his father during Angola.

He had applied for an exit visa to join his maternal grandfather in the USA. They got right on it while he was in the mental hospital. I guess they thought why pay to treat him here when we can send him to the states.  

He had read a psychology textbook before his induction to the Army. He faked it well enough to get thrown out of Cuba.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 12:52:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Moar!

SoF 1987-01

SoF 1987-02

SoF 1987-03

This one was posted earlier, I just wanted to keep continuity.

SoF 1987-04

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 4:25:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Moar!

SoF 1987-05

SoF 1987-06

SoF 1987-07

SoF 1987-08

Enjoy!

ETA: Fix broken link.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 5:51:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Good Lord, these bring back some memories. 

Awesome work, OP! Good on ya!
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 6:44:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 7:24:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bill Ruger was an odd duck. I think he went looney when there was a possibility on the Mini being outright banned. We can question and debate his actions. But he came up with the idea for the mag ban and pushed it instead of a gun ban. 
View Quote
IIRC, he suggested a 15 round mag limit which would have exempted most standard 9mm pistols of the era, including his, but would have impacted Glock.

Gun companies have often been willing to "work with" banners or compromise. It wasn't just Ruger. The larger industry leaders feel they can work with the banners and perhaps even benefit on the margins by hurting the competition. The industry has typically had a weak response, business has typically not stood up to government.

The anti claim of NRA being there to support the gun industry has always been wrong. The industry lobby has been very weak. NRA is strong due to a grassroots support.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 10:53:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Wrong link on August 1987, fix?

Thanks so much for these, very interesting!
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 11:05:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Wrong link on August 1987, fix?

Thanks so much for these, very interesting!
View Quote
Fixed!  Thanks for letting me know.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 12:41:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 3:04:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 12:16:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 8:41:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 2:21:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Tomorrow I am officialmy downloading them all from here!
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 5:56:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Lots of wars where people fought communist insurgents also, but why does this one keep coming up...
View Quote
It was a sad chapter in the West when Civilization lost a war against savagery, and what could have been was traded for barbarism.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 6:00:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

So oppression of Blacks is okay if it might stops the oppression of whites in the future?
View Quote
In a word? Yes.

As a child of the 90s I can say "Diversity" and "multiculturalism" are scams, and my generation is so very over them.

So why risk it.

More over we have seen oppression of Whites in Africa when "majority rule" happened....Now we are told if we become a minority in our own nations the same things will not happen here?

Yeah, not risking it. Call us "racists" all you want it no longer works.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 6:05:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

None, yourself? Are you going to argue that Sub Saharan Africans are not capable of self goverment and that the white minority were doing infact doing them a favor? The comcept of the White Mans Burden has been out of favor for about century now, but maybe you can bring it back.
View Quote
And you going to argue that they ARE capable of self government and up keeping a modern infrastructure when everything proves you so very clearly wrong?
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 6:24:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The United States would be a great example, especially as it is held up as being so much better than anywhere in Africa. Hell, you could go back to the Cyrus and the Achaemenids for the first example of an Empire infused with many different peoples, cultures, races and religions who were all permitted the same rights so long as they paid taxes and followed the laws.

In exchange, could you provide an example of successful segregation? One that you would want to emulate?
View Quote
And what happened to those people? The groups started infighting and everything went to shit, that is what happens in a multicultural society, why not avoid it?

Israel,  in South Africa, America between 1776-1964. Stop the hate, Separate.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 6:43:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It's a mystery.  Maybe something to do with shitty painted camoflage, or perhaps men in short shorts.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lots of threads about a country that isn't even a country any more.  How about Yugoslavia or Czechoslovakia? Zanzibar? Catalonia?
Lots of wars where people fought communist insurgents also, but why does this one keep coming up...
It's a mystery.  Maybe something to do with shitty painted camoflage, or perhaps men in short shorts.  
If they're good enough for Sylvan, they're good enough for me.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:01:31 AM EDT
[#24]
From the March '88

"From its simple takedown to its remarkable accuracy, all GLOCK models offer you more in the way of easy handling than any other pistols in history. And more in the way of capacity, too. Because fully loaded, the GLOCK 17 will hold up to twenty rounds. And the GLOCK 19 Compact has the capacity for eighteen."
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:40:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Tagged. 
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 6:33:47 PM EDT
[#26]
It was awesome reading the 1984 review of the pre-production S&W Model 645. 

Just reading them again reminds me that for the most part, the world was pretty much trying to kill communism and sadly failed. We won many of the battlefields but lost the war in public opinion and politics. 
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 6:55:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It was awesome reading the 1984 review of the pre-production S&W Model 645. 

Just reading them again reminds me that for the most part, the world was pretty much trying to kill communism and sadly failed. We won many of the battlefields but lost the war in public opinion and politics. 
View Quote
That describes almost every conflict since WWII.

So far I've scanned in 141 issues.  I ordered 20 more issues yesterday and still have 81 issues to scan.  I did find the November 1977 & 78 issues for reasonable prices.  

Starting around 1991 it's harder to find some issues.  I have major gaps in 1991 and from 1996 and later.  

Here is a list of all the issues I have.  I am trying to get them in sequential order but buy any cheap ones I can find.

Any that are blank I am still looking for.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 7:01:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:52:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That describes almost every conflict since WWII.

So far I've scanned in 141 issues.  I ordered 20 more issues yesterday and still have 81 issues to scan.  I did find the November 1977 & 78 issues for reasonable prices.  

Starting around 1991 it's harder to find some issues.  I have major gaps in 1991 and from 1996 and later.  

Here is a list of all the issues I have.  I am trying to get them in sequential order but buy any cheap ones I can find.

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/286099/SoF-List-238798.jpg

Any that are blank I am still looking for.
View Quote
You rock man.... seriously thank you.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 1:45:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Thank you and thank you
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 2:13:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Malema, the next Mugabe. This time in SOuth Africa

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/malema-not-calling-for-the-slaughter-of-whites-for-now-2087713
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 4:31:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/malema-not-calling-for-the-slaughter-of-whites-for-now-2087713
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Wow, talk about ignorant of their own history.

Malema cracked jokes with the media as he awaited the start of proceedings.

Speaking to supporters afterwards Malema accused the Zuma's government of having no clear cut plans to address the plight of poor blacks. “This country is still in the hands of the colonial masters. This country is still in the hands of white people. This country is controlled from London. There are still pieces of land, here in KwaZulu-Natal, Eastern Cape and rural provinces, whose title deed is still owned by the Queen in London. The ANC, that you are wearing the T-shirts of today, do not know how to take the title deed from the Queen in London.”

In a clear dig at Zuma, Malema said he would be scared to go to prison for corruption, but that he would not be scared to go to prison in the fight for land.

“The white man has been too comfortable for too long. We are here unashamedly to disturb the white man's peace, because we have not known peace. We don't know what peace looks like. They have been swimming in a pool of privilege. They have been enjoying themselves because they always owned our land.”

He said that when whites arrived in South Africa, they had committed “a black genocide” when blacks were dispossessed of their land. “They found peaceful Africans here. They killed them. They slaughtered them like animals. The whites and blacks arrived concurrently and the Zulu were slaughtering the other African tribes. We are not calling for the slaughtering of white people, at least for now. Rightttt.
What we are calling for is the peaceful occupation of the land and we don't owe anyone an apology for that.”

He said that the charges against him had been brought by the ANC on behalf of white people.

“White minorities be warned. We will take our land. It doesn't matter how. It's coming, unavoidable. The land will be taken by whatever means necessary.”

He said that the constitutional democracy in the country no longer existed and went on to accuse ANC parliamentarians and Zuma of ignoring the constitutional court rulings, making their tenure illegitimate.

He said that Parliament should be dissolved and an early election called to create a legitimate parliament and have a legitimately elected president.

“If you don't remove the president, you are showing the constitution a middle finger.”

He said that the laws under which he had been charged were apartheid laws that had been implemented by the then apartheid regime. He accused the government of abusing state institutions to deal with opposition.

“When dictatorship starts, it starts slowly. Before you know it we live under personal rule. Only those liked by Zuma will be protected by the law.”

He said that the constitution was everything to all the people of the country and was in danger of being lost.

He urged all South Africans to rise to the defence of the constitution.

Shivambu told supporters that the legislation was being challenged because it was aimed at suppressing blacks. “The case is not going to continue in the manner in which Shaun Abrahams and the Zumaland government wanted to achieve. They are so desperate to the extent of going to revive apartheid laws to criminalise political opponents. That is basically what they are doing.”

Democratic Alliance spokeswoman Phumzile van Damme said the official opposition condemned Malema's remarks about slaughtering white people. “This violent and threatening language has no place in our constitutional democracy.”
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 6:55:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Any chance you have the October 1984 issue? That has the first review of a Glock 17.

EDIT TO ADD

Just checked the list. 

Darn
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 7:12:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:22:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Any chance you have the October 1984 issue? That has the first review of a Glock 17.

EDIT TO ADD

Just checked the list. 

Darn
View Quote
I've filled a few more gaps, I am now only missing one issue from the 70's and one from the 80's.  Guess which one I'm missing from the 80's.

@Heartbreaker1373, I saw that and posted a picture of it in another thread.

I'll scan in the November 77 & 78 issues this weekend, both have some really good article on Rhodesia.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:45:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 12:32:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:17:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I've filled a few more gaps, I am now only missing one issue from the 70's and one from the 80's.  Guess which one I'm missing from the 80's.

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/286099/SoF-List-6-29-241217.jpg

@Heartbreaker1373, I saw that and posted a picture of it in another thread.

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/286099/Bracken-188421.jpg

I'll scan in the November 77 & 78 issues this weekend, both have some really good article on Rhodesia.
View Quote
Serious....

Thanks man
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:07:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Found this in September 1979, Page 8 "FLAK" (Letter to the Editor) :

"Sirs:
After examining your recent BATF articles,
it seems to me that SOF is searching
for an appropriate way to refer to this
bureau and its denizens. "BATF
Gestapo" is awkward, a poor parallel,
and gives the BATF far too much credit
for efficiency.
It must be remembered that these
"agents" could not get an application
from the CIA or FBI, would be laughed
out by Treasury or Customs, and would
be widely rejected by even the DEA.
Thus, these creeps find themselves in the
federal basement - the BATF.
The BATF steers a wide berth around
the Mob and well-armed terror subgroups
(as they're too difficult to find , and besides,
a fellow could get hurt). Instead,
these stalwarts prefer to roust some old
geezer in their inimitable Keystone-SWAT
style after shadily selling him an 1896
Mauser pistol. That is, when they can find
his house and not some schoolteacher's.
So I suggest for these federally sanctioned
jerk-offs the term "BATFag." An
"agent of the BA. TF" would be more precisely
referred to as a "BATFag," and the
bureau itself as the "BATFags. ,,. The
term, pronounced "bat-fag," sounds
great, looks fine in print, and hits these
overarmed wimps right between the eyes ..
Yours,
Matt Bracken
Charlottesville, Virginia"

View Quote
LOFL holy shit... That was probably while he was with the Teams...
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:14:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Well, I got home this evening and found a package on the doorstep.  Inside was another stack of old SoF mags, including more of the 77-78 era ones.  I couldn't wait for the weekend and immediately scanned in these four.

These are chock full of Rhodesian goodness!

SoF 1977-11

SoF 1978-05

@Miami_JBT This one has a good article on Cubans in Angola.

SoF 1978-09

SoF 1978-11

As always, Enjoy!
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 6:46:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Well, I got home this evening and found a package on the doorstep.  Inside was another stack of old SoF mags, including more of the 77-78 era ones.  I couldn't wait for the weekend and immediately scanned in these four.

These are chock full of Rhodesian goodness!

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/286099/SoF-1977-11-241748.jpg

SoF 1977-11

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/286099/SoF-1978-05-241749.jpg

SoF 1978-05

@Miami_JBT This one has a good article on Cubans in Angola.

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/286099/SoF-1978-09-241750.jpg

SoF 1978-09

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/286099/SoF-1978-11-241751.jpg

SoF 1978-11

As always, Enjoy!
View Quote
Sweet!
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 7:04:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
He does it I promise you the Coup will be epic, with the White Air Force/Spec ops it might be shorter then we think.

Assuming China does not make a power play. Maybe India might want to grab some land and work out a deal with the Whites.

I really hope the race war goes hot (well hotter) we can take in some White Refugees, place them in swing states and tell them how to vote. Or maybe drone the hell out of the Marxists.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 7:39:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

He does it I promise you the Coup will be epic, with the White Air Force/Spec ops it might be shorter then we think.

Assuming China does not make a power play. Maybe India might want to grab some land and work out a deal with the Whites.

I really hope the race war goes hot (well hotter) we can take in some White Refugees, place them in swing states and tell them how to vote. Or maybe drone the hell out of the Marxists.
View Quote
I'm hoping for a peaceful resolution. I hope and pray that the Afrikaners split off and form a Volkstaat. It is permissible under the current Constitution and if the SHTF. It would avoid a lot of bloodshed. If Civil War were to happen, let it be quick and end in divorce.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 7:39:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 7:45:33 AM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 7/1/2017 3:49:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Got some more of the 70's ones in today.  Again, these are loaded with articles on Rhodesia.

SoF 1977-01 Winter

SoF 1979-05

SoF 1979-07

Now I have every issue from the 70's except for April 1979.  If anyone can locate a copy please let me know.  Thanks!

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 12:31:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Scanned a bunch more in this weekend.

SoF 1989-09

SoF 1989-10

SoF 1989-11

SoF 1989-12

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 6:49:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 8:36:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top