User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:42:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They also have to follow the same laws
View Quote

FFS. How many car drivers actually follow the law.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:43:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yep. I live in the country, drive a F250, manage construction, shoot guns, own a tractor and hunt. Spinning at 98 cadence on my sworks melts the stress away.

I don’t go against the hive mind of GD much, but the idea of freedom is lost on many.

At this point, all that can be said is, at least we aren’t fat.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Give them plenty of space and wait for a safe place to pass.

Yes, I am a cyclist.  I also shoot guns and drive a pickup.

Yep. I live in the country, drive a F250, manage construction, shoot guns, own a tractor and hunt. Spinning at 98 cadence on my sworks melts the stress away.

I don’t go against the hive mind of GD much, but the idea of freedom is lost on many.

At this point, all that can be said is, at least we aren’t fat.

Certainly not the case in NoVA. On the way to the gym on Saturday mornings and there's a stretch where all the fat fucks in spandex park their cars and mount their front wheels before clogging up traffic.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:45:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Certainly not the case in NoVA. On the way to the gym on Saturday mornings and there's a stretch where all the fat fucks in spandex park their cars and mount their front wheels before clogging up traffic.
View Quote

Give em a little credit. They are working on it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:47:02 AM EDT
[#4]
elitist pricks (esp in Boulder)
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:52:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I slow down and follow them until they get really uncomfortable
View Quote

This is the way.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:53:23 AM EDT
[#6]
If the road doesn't have a bike lane or a sizeable shoulder I'll ride in the center of the lane. Its too scary to be riding on the side and have big ass trucks buzz you from inches away. For drivers being behind a cyclist can be an annoying experience, but for a cyclist that was buzzed its really scary. I'd rather ride in the center of the lane when there are no other options than risk getting clipped by a mirror.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This is the way.
View Quote

I would love having a follow car.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:54:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I slow down and follow them until they get really uncomfortable
View Quote
It is more fun to pass them and then slow down just enough to make them break their peddle cadence. Bonus points if you can kill their momentum just before a hill.

Turnabout is fair play.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 10:03:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I give them a C for effort, and most will use the two lane bike/walking path along this stretch of road, but there are always a couple douchbags that still ride in the road, presumably because the pack on the trail is "too slow" for them. Or maybe it's the pedestrians getting in their way. It's almost like they don't enjoy a slower organism in the lane of travel. Interesting observations on their part...
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 10:33:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You might want to rethink that a bike has the same rights as a car by law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on if they are following the rules.

Out of bike lane (when there is one) = get buzzed.

2 next to each other and in roadway = get buzzed.

Run red light = get buzzed.

In bike lane and single file, I extend as much courtesy as possible and leave plenty of room.

And subject to the same traffic rules (stopping at stop signs, red lights, moving over when holding up a certain number of vehicles, etc.).
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 10:41:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I give them a C for effort, and most will use the two lane bike/walking path along this stretch of road, but there are always a couple douchbags that still ride in the road, presumably because the pack on the trail is "too slow" for them. Or maybe it's the pedestrians getting in their way. It's almost like they don't enjoy a slower organism in the lane of travel. Interesting observations on their part...
View Quote

Good point. But you know you can get around them.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 10:53:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Threads like this help justify my decision to ride bike in the CENTER of the drive lane. I used to try to squeeze over but the more room you give a driver and the more they'll take. Fuckitoll. Just ride in the center of the lane. Now all you motherfuckers can wait behind me.
View Quote

It took me about a decade of trying to do the right thing and give everyone space but when I did many cars would purposely come close.  So yeah most cars just go around me into the other lane. Its the safest method for me. I hate it.

Granted I dont ride any later than 7am. I just dont like traffic at all when I ride.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Roads are for motor vehicles only. If you want to ride your Huffy bike, the sidewalk is what you seek. Someone's going to tell me that it's against the law to ride on the sidewalk. No, the sidewalk is for your own safety. A vehicle and a bicycle do not mix well together. Stay in your lane which is a sidewalk and motor vehicle stay in their lane which is the street.

End of story. It's for our own safety.
View Quote

But technically it's illegal...  I've started riding my bike to work recently.  Yes, I use the sidewalk or shoulder whenever available(no bike lanes in my AO).  However the last stretch of my commute there is neither, so I have to be in the roadway.  I keep as close to the edge of the road as possible.

Bicycles are legally are supposed to operate just like a motor vehicle.  Stop a stop lights, stop signs use the lanes just like any other vehicle.  Problem is they are too slow for that "legal BS".
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 10:54:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I don't purposely hit humans with my vehicle...even if I want to

I literally just view the spandex fags as the adult version of the suburban kids who never learned the hard lessons about riding their bikes in traffic.

It's sad, but...the retarded are sorta sad folk. Maybe they're happier? Idk...but I'm not gonna run any over.

I'm opposed to killing retards for the sake of being retarded.
View Quote

Don't kid yourself.  There are people who do and then they either run or claim it was an accident.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 10:54:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Depends entirely on their behavior.
I ride 25-30 miles 2-3x per week.
I try to avoid roads, and we're fortunate to have 100+ miles of bike path that doesn't intersect with automobile traffic very often.
There are plenty of Foolish riders around here on the streets, though, since Tucson is considered a cycling mecca, especially for the super serious race types and geriatric snowbirds.
It's funny, though, because most of the roads here ain't too smooth, and wi'll rattle your teeth even on a nice composite bike.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
In this thread the homicidal among us out them selves
View Quote

Very similar to left lane and cat threads actually...
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 10:55:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It took me about a decade of trying to do the right thing and give everyone space but when I did many cars would purposely come close.  So yeah most cars just go around me into the other lane. Its the safest method for me. I hate it.

Granted I dont ride any later than 7am. I just dont like traffic at all when I ride.
View Quote

7am. What time do you start? I start when the sun is up and drivers have a full view. I usually don't finish before 1pm.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 10:56:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd rather go over...but I'm too pretty for the penitentiary
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 10:56:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Very similar to left lane and cat threads actually...
View Quote

That's me. We all gotta die sometime.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 10:56:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Depends on if they are following the rules.

Out of bike lane (when there is one) = get buzzed.

2 next to each other and in roadway = get buzzed.

Run red light = get buzzed.

In bike lane and single file, I extend as much courtesy as possible and leave plenty of room.
View Quote

not too long ago, I actually saw local PD pull over a cyclist for running a stop sign.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 10:57:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'd rather go over...but I'm too pretty for the penitentiary
View Quote

Hahahaha. You are one sharp dude.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 10:57:55 AM EDT
[#22]
If a cyclist cannot at least keep up within 5 mph of the posted speed limit, stay off the roads and hit the rails to trails.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 10:58:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You say that like it’s a bad thing
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In this thread the homicidal among us out them selves

You say that like it’s a bad thing

Well you see.  We are on a forum that's all about rights to own deadly things and we are always pissing about encroachment on those rights.  Then we out ourselves as psychos on said forum, which then just undermines the whole argument...
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 10:59:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 11:17:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Threads like this help justify my decision to ride bike in the CENTER of the drive lane. I used to try to squeeze over but the more room you give a driver and the more they'll take. Fuckitoll. Just ride in the center of the lane. Now all you motherfuckers can wait behind me.
View Quote

I try to get along with cyclists. I really do. But if I came across someone like you that wouldn't let me pass in a vehicle, when I did get around you I would be slowing down so much that you wouldn't be able to keep your bike standing upright. If you want to get along with vehicles don't be a jerk.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 11:21:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If a cyclist cannot at least keep up within 5 mph of the posted speed limit, stay off the roads and hit the rails to trails.
View Quote

That's not how this works.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 11:22:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

not too long ago, I actually saw local PD pull over a cyclist for running a stop sign.
View Quote

It’s an offense but it’s still recommended over having to dead stop in motor vehicle traffic.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 11:25:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Show me on the doll where that rule hurt you.  I'd rather a cyclist keeps his ass moving than holding up traffic any more than they already are.
View Quote

If they all started stopping then the cage ragers would bitch about having to overtake or wait for right hand turns.  It’s a damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 11:25:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I try to get along with cyclists. I really do. But if I came across someone like you that wouldn't let me pass in a vehicle, when I did get around you I would be slowing down so much that you wouldn't be able to keep your bike standing upright. If you want to get along with vehicles don't be a jerk.
View Quote

He's yanking your chain. Probably doesn't even ride.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 11:27:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Depends entirely on their behavior.
I ride 25-30 miles 2-3x per week.
I try to avoid roads, and we're fortunate to have 100+ miles of bike path that doesn't intersect with automobile traffic very often.
There are plenty of Foolish riders around here on the streets, though, since Tucson is considered a cycling mecca, especially for the super serious race types and geriatric snowbirds.
It's funny, though, because most of the roads here ain't too smooth, and wi'll rattle your teeth even on a nice composite bike.
View Quote

You're world tour material.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 11:27:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

The law is usually that if a cyclist doesn’t have a dedicated lane or a shoulder to ride in they are justified to take the lane and that motor vehicles are to give them the same berth as if they were a motor vehicle.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 11:33:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Cops where I ride are good people. Part of my ride is in a bike lane and I guess someone that was hauling rocks dumped a bunch of 4-5 inch rocks in the bike lane. I came upon a cop clearing the rocks out of the bike lane. I had to stop to help him out because he was protecting me in this case. the guy went above and beyond.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 11:40:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not yanking chain, do ride. I mostly keep it to the side when there's enough bike lane. There are other times that isn't suitable. I've been buzzed while entering a traffic circle, so now I make it a point to prevent that. I've also been passed on double yellow while turning left into my own driveway on residential street. That one's a real fuckboi move.

I ride in harmony until drivers demonstrate that courtesy isn't possible.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 11:43:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The law is usually that if a cyclist doesn't have a dedicated lane or a shoulder to ride in they are justified to take the lane and that motor vehicles are to give them the same berth as if they were a motor vehicle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The law is usually that if a cyclist doesn't have a dedicated lane or a shoulder to ride in they are justified to take the lane and that motor vehicles are to give them the same berth as if they were a motor vehicle.
Yep.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 11:46:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
We currently have a reprieve on road bicycle ass-holes. It is to hot for them to play in the street.
View Quote

I wish we did. We still have the same 50-60 group taking a lane on the main highway through town every Saturday and Sunday
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 11:48:29 AM EDT
[#36]
fffff
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 11:49:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

7am. What time do you start? I start when the sun is up and drivers have a full view. I usually don't finish before 1pm.
View Quote

On the road 4-5am. They see me for sure with the amount of lights I run.

I wont ride in rush hour around here. Hell I dont even like to drive during rush hour.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 11:49:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 11:50:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You're world tour material.
View Quote

Read that wrong. Sorry.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 11:52:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Not yanking chain, do ride. I mostly keep it to the side when there's enough bike lane. There are other times that isn't suitable. I've been buzzed while entering a traffic circle, so now I make it a point to prevent that. I've also been passed on double yellow while turning left into my own driveway on residential street. That one's a real fuckboi move.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you signal your turn?

Those gang signs aren't just for looking cool.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 11:52:41 AM EDT
[#41]
I’ll never understand these people… Perfectly good bike path and this guy chose the road.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 11:53:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I’ll never understand these people… Perfectly good bike path and this guy chose the road.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/68059/B0312AA7-8699-4586-BA2A-EE944CA66927_jpe-2460795.JPG
View Quote

See it now. I'd be on the path.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 11:59:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/68059/B0312AA7-8699-4586-BA2A-EE944CA66927_jpe-2460795.JPG
View Quote

In my area they use the bike path speed limit as an excuse. They want to go faster than the 15 mph speed limit on the path, even though I've never seen anyone enforce it, but they don't give a shit about slowing everyone else down.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 12:06:02 PM EDT
[#44]
As a new biker who just started riding last fall, I am blessed to have enough bike trails within easy reach of my house that I almost never ride in the road.  If there’s a sidewalk available where there is no trail, I take it.  It’s not illegal here.  Even if it were, I’ll risk a ticket over a car grille smashing my spine from behind any day.  The only time I ride in the road is in neighborhoods, where traffic is very light and slow, and people are used to seeing bikes.  When cars come, I give them ample room.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 12:15:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Since I always try to be objective, and I drive a truck and ride a bike, I always wonder when reading these threads, if anyone considers how we got to this point.

It's a chicken and egg situation. Yeah, there are douchebag bikers who take lanes when they don't have to and ride 4 abreast instead of single file, and there are douchebag arfcommers who will fuck with bikers because some may get in their from time to time.  Both are at fault...one slighted the other and the other reacted, doesn't really matter which started it at this point, but it escalated, so here we are.  Waaa, you're holding me up by taking the lane...waaa, well someone that looked like you buzzed me and threw a bottle at me yesterday...  waaa, but someone that looks like you ran a stop sign last week while I had to wait for the 3 cars in front of me... waaa, but then I had to wait and pass you again... waa...waaa....waaaa.  Bunch of self-serving douchebags...all of them.

Link Posted: 7/21/2022 12:16:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Right….As soon as they start requiring insurance, inspection and registration of bicycles.    
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 12:17:10 PM EDT
[#47]
I usually give them room if I can.  

Don’t be an asshole.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 12:17:48 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 12:21:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Right….As soon as they start requiring insurance, inspection and registration of bicycles.    
View Quote

Here we go.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 12:22:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I didn’t buy this baby for cows or deer.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/417972/20201017_101540-1640866.jpg
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top