Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 2:20:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

In free states this one's not a rule.  In Idaho, for instance, cyclists can treat stop signs as yield signs, and stop lights as stop signs.

When you explain that to Karens they flip out about bikes "darting around randomly" because they hate freedom and have no concept of responsible decision making.  That's when I like to remind them we also have constitutional carry.
View Quote

The Idaho stop. Cagers don't get it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 2:38:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In free states this one's not a rule.  In Idaho, for instance, cyclists can treat stop signs as yield signs, and stop lights as stop signs.

When you explain that to Karens they flip out about bikes "darting around randomly" because they hate freedom and have no concept of responsible decision making.  That's when I like to remind them we also have constitutional carry.

I hate that rule. If you're going to use the road, you shouldn't be able to abide by a different set of rules that 99% of others aren't aware of.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 2:44:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I hate that rule. If you're going to use the road, you shouldn't be able to abide by a different set of rules that 99% of others aren't aware of.
View Quote

You don't get it. It for safety reasons and to not impede traffic.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 3:17:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How does it affect you as a driver when cyclist follows the Idaho stop law and proceeds when clear as opposed to blatantly running a sign/light?
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 3:21:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

waste of a good door.

Have the kiddo hang out the window and slap em on the back of the head with the wifes tampons you just picked up.

WINNING!
View Quote

I laughed till I cried.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 3:26:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Usually a little bit of horn as you pass gets them all riled up. Good enough for me.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 3:40:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Usually a little bit of horn as you pass gets them all riled up. Good enough for me.
View Quote

Haha!
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 4:28:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Isn't one of those duties not to obstruct traffic?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...all of the rights and duties of the driver of a vehicle...

...all of the rights and duties of a driver of a vehicle...

Isn't one of those duties not to obstruct traffic?

Using the road is a privilege, not an right.  Rights are reserved for those things in the Bill of Rights.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 5:39:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Whew! For a minute there I thought we'd go for a couple of weeks without an "I hate cyclists" thread.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 5:52:27 AM EDT
[#10]
I wait until I can pass them safely, get in the other lane to give them plenty of room, and look in my rear view to make sure they're all upright after I pass them.

Cyclists really get on my nerves and they have no business on the roads, imo.  That being said, I don't want to be in front of a judge with a vehicular manslaughter charge because I thought it would be funny to fuck with a spandex wearing fruit on a bicycle.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 5:58:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I wait until I can pass them safely, get in the other lane to give them plenty of room, and look in my rear view to make sure they're all upright after I pass them.

Cyclists really get on my nerves and they have no business on the roads, imo.  That being said, I don't want to be in front of a judge with a vehicular manslaughter charge because I thought it would be funny to fuck with a spandex wearing fruit on a bicycle.
View Quote

On one of my rides I had a semi avoid passing me until he was clear to move into the opposing lane of traffic even though I was in a bike lane. He didn't have to do that but I really appreciated that. Made me realize most car, truck and big rig drivers are considerate.  I really appreciated what he did. I do my best to return the consideration. Most cyclist are the same way. None of us want to be run over by a 4000lb+ steel ball.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 6:02:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A lot of us here are cyclists.
View Quote

MOTORCYCLISTS that is.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 6:10:03 AM EDT
[#13]
So I see the fat boys that can't wear the cycle wear are on a roll.
Can you even walk from your trailer to you truck?
And FYI, I don't own a bike, I can wear the cycle clothes.
Some of the rides I see around here need to learn road etiquette, most know how to ride on a street.
OP, WTF is etigette?
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 6:31:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Roadside cyclist etiquette???
Ha.
The same etiquette you give other varmint?
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 7:00:04 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't appreciate what they're doing, but I still give them as wide a birth as possible.

I don't need to kill someone by acting like a hot head tough guy.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 7:04:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Roads are for motor vehicles only. If you want to ride your Huffy bike, the sidewalk is what you seek. Someone's going to tell me that it's against the law to ride on the sidewalk. No, the sidewalk is for your own safety. A vehicle and a bicycle do not mix well together. Stay in your lane which is a sidewalk and motor vehicle stay in their lane which is the street.

End of story. It's for our own safety.
View Quote

What if your Huffy has an engine ?
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 7:05:15 AM EDT
[#17]
I give them all the room I can give them.

Link Posted: 7/21/2022 7:10:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I give them all the room I can give them.

View Quote

Same here, plus making sure the dash cam is in working order.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 7:16:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Same here, plus making sure the dash cam is in working order.
View Quote

Cyclist know GoPro too. We have the 3 foot law here and the no hassling cyclist law which GoPro can prove your case.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 7:27:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This is why I mountain bike and stay FAR away from paved roads
View Quote

And that is a bingo if ever there was one.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 7:28:02 AM EDT
[#21]
With all the fats in the world
Why hate one someone who’s trying to get in shape
Don’t be a dick is a good motto to live by
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 7:29:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Obviously I get into the oncoming lane to give the cyclist the room he needs to maneuver. The oncoming traffic will get out of my way.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 7:33:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Obviously I get into the oncoming lane to give the cyclist the room he needs to maneuver. The oncoming traffic will get out of my way.
View Quote

You get it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 7:34:15 AM EDT
[#24]
I slow down and follow them until they get really uncomfortable
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 7:51:25 AM EDT
[#25]
I give them as little clearance and leeway was possible.  The gay boys in spandex should take their toys on the sidewalk.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 7:56:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I find is curious that a group, like us, who are constantly correcting "the left" about the accuracy and facts regarding guns/2A issues refuses to see the facts regarding the laws when it comes to other things (like in this case--bicycles on the road). They have every right to be there as we do (as a driver) whether we like it or not. Why on earth would I want to "buzz them with my mirror" just because I am a little inconvenienced with them.    

My father was an avid cyclist and I have a few friends that ride a lot (how many of us are over weight and don't exercise BTW..me included).  

All of us making spandex jokes is as judgmental as the "Left" making jokes about gun owners and how we are all just hill-billies, peppers, and crazies thinking the sky is falling.

Just my take.
View Quote

We as a group are not any more or less logical or reasoning as any other group. We make a decision on our feelz, then find the reasons or laws that support that after.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 7:58:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Roads are for motor vehicles only. If you want to ride your Huffy bike, the sidewalk is what you seek. Someone's going to tell me that it's against the law to ride on the sidewalk. No, the sidewalk is for your own safety. A vehicle and a bicycle do not mix well together. Stay in your lane which is a sidewalk and motor vehicle stay in their lane which is the street.

End of story. It's for our own safety.
View Quote

Lol. Bicycles and motor vehicles have the same laws in just about every jurisdiction I’ve lived in.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 8:02:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I give them as little clearance and leeway was possible.  The gay boys in spandex should take their toys on the sidewalk.
View Quote

Sure you do.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 8:03:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s safer for cyclists to stay ahead of traffic and bypass stops where it’s clear.  I have books going back to the ‘70’s recommending it.

Cage rage is real.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 8:18:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Bicyclists can be dickheads, 100%, but if you're following the rules and trying your damndest to stay out of the way and do your thing, I'm cool with it.

I've never seen another person/object that makes so many men-children so irrationally angry.

I road bike, but I either do it on back country roads that aren't super well traveled, or I use dedicated bike / running trails because I don't feel like dealing with the bullshit.

I find it crazy that I have to carry my Glock 43 in a little phone storage case on the top frame of my bike, but pants on head retarded dickhead vehicle driver stories I hear make it a prudent choice.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 8:34:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Mountain biker checking in.

My favorite part of trails is seeing no one else.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 8:46:49 AM EDT
[#32]
You gotta stay 3 feet minimum from them with a motor vehicle in these parts or Johnny Law might pay you a visit.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 8:50:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
You gotta stay 3 feet minimum from them with a motor vehicle in these parts or Johnny Law might pay you a visit.
View Quote

Here too. And we have a no hassling law just like hunters have. GoPro is your friend.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 8:57:32 AM EDT
[#34]
I never really have issues with bikes on the road.

Hains point in DC for those that don’t know is the Tour de France every weekend and they block both lanes all day in groups of 100, (no it’s not a real race it’s just weekend warriors being doushy) I get in the left lane in the park sound the train horn and when finally asserting the move or RIP warning I blanket the right lane in coal. Oh well.

Im a very considerate driver and tend to only get hot headed in flagrantly retarded people situations .
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:01:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Then slow your ass down and move to the left.
View Quote

Crossing the double yellow line? How about moving over to the shoulder and letting other people pass instead of being an ass hole?  I have gone years without owning a car and without being a dick on my bicycle.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:02:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I never really have issues with bikes on the road.

Hains point in DC for those that don’t know is the Tour de France every weekend and they block both lanes all day in groups of 100, (no it’s not a real race it’s just weekend warriors being doushy) I get in the left lane in the park sound the train horn and when finally asserting the move or RIP warning I blanket the right lane in coal. Oh well.

Im a very considerate driver and tend to only get hot headed in flagrantly retarded people situations .
View Quote

Hahahahaha!
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:03:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Crossing the double yellow line? How about moving over to the shoulder and letting other people pass instead of being an ass hole?
View Quote

Crossing the double yellow. Is this you rougeboss?
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:04:13 AM EDT
[#38]
We used to live in a rural part of our county where once a month the "cities" would HAUL their bikes out to the single lane "safe" country road and make our lives hell for the entire day. They turned what was a ten minute drive to town into an hour long frustrating experience. MANY violent encounters occurred. OUR police would come out and block off intersections to accommodate the bikers at OUR expense to disrupt our Saturdays. It was insane. I truly hate bikers that travel on country roads. They aren't made for passing and bikers riding 2-3 abreast are effective a closed road. May they all be hit by Karens driving EVs while the cops block the ambulance coming to help because the bikers need to ride.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:06:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crossing the double yellow line? How about moving over to the shoulder and letting other people pass instead of being an ass hole?

Enjoy you hospital stay as you shout, “but I had the right of way!”  My local city started to crack down on bicycle ass holes because of the public hazard they create.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:13:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Laws of the road are the same for both blah blah blah.....

You know what other laws are the same for both?
PHYSICS!

Conduct yourselfs accordingly.
If you you can’t respect laws that have no jury, no judge, no payout, no room for compassionate interpretation; then I guess playing in the road just hasn’t caught up with you yet.

The white line is the hard wall for “keeps up with traffic / doesn’t keep up with traffic”.
Don’t play in traffic.

ETA: this isn’t limited to just bikes. Those 50cc scooters and E scooters are just as likely to get pizza’d , maybe more so, since they have the ill conceived notion that they’re somehow “part” of traffic. I about center plowed a E scooter several nights ago running 10(?) in a 40 with shitty ChingChong tail lights on a dead battery. The 2500 would’ve crushed him, and the trailer axles would’ve rolled the dough.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:14:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Enjoy you hospital stay as you shout, “but I had the right of way!”  My local city started to crack down on bicycle ass holes because of the public hazard they create.
View Quote

It's never happened and it won't happen. I don't ride in the "city". I may be dumb but not that dumb.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:15:49 AM EDT
[#42]
I think they should only be allowed to ride bikes on sidewalks and on the toll ways and interstates at night time.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:17:32 AM EDT
[#43]
It should be like a freeway with a minimum speed for safety.  If they can't go the minimum speed, it's not safe, no matter the vehicle. Having a vehicle going 70 closing in on any other vehicle going 20 is a bad plan.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:18:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I think they should only be allowed to ride bikes on sidewalks and on the toll ways and interstates at night time.
View Quote

Better get use to it and in shape. One day soon it will be your only mode of transportation. Unless you want to take the public transportation bus.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:23:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Show me on the doll where that rule hurt you.  I'd rather a cyclist keeps his ass moving than holding up traffic any more than they already are.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:24:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Lately I've been doing my rides in the middle of the night.  No heat, no traffic, no time pressure.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:26:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Treat it the same as a car.
View Quote

Oh….so you cut them off, tailgate them, and brake check them when the opportunity presents itself.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:34:34 AM EDT
[#48]
I usually roll down the window and chuck my beer at them
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:40:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You might want to rethink that a bike has the same rights as a car by law.
View Quote
They also have to follow the same laws
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:41:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I usually roll down the window and chuck my beer at them
View Quote

Hahahahaha! Nice!
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top