BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:15:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The guy who posted the false Chris Kyle story after he died?

Sorry but I don't believe anything he posts.
View Quote
I don't like Brandon Webb. There are good contributors on SOFREP though.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:37:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Opsec probably dictates he say he has a shotgun.  In reality, he's locked and loaded with something much better.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:42:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Opsec probably dictates he say he has a shotgun.  In reality, he's locked and loaded with something much better.
View Quote
So you're saying he's writing a book about it?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:56:03 PM EDT
[#4]
SEALS seem to have a thing for shotguns.

IIRC a different SEAL (who posts some great pistol vids) nuked his SME forum on a different site over a recommendation of shotguns and birdshot for HD argument.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:23:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
More likely a screenplay.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:52:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Just read the article you link to and it is absolute shit. The daily mail is CNN level fake new in my opinion.

That's the closest they ever come to actually providing any evidence for the claim made in the headline. The usual fake news "anonymous/unnamed sources". And the article is from 2014 so if other people were going to come forward and call him a liar (as the article implies) it should have happened by now. This is the the same shitty "journalism" they have been using to smear President Trump. I think I recall posting in another thread some examples of the obviously made up stories they print about SAS exploits against IS, you know full of knife fights and sniper shots hitting more then one bad guy.

You can argue about whether or not he should have published a book. But if that article is what you are basing your opinion of the man on then I believe you have been misled. That article, the author and the paper that printed it are absolute garbage.

Edit found the thread where I posted some examples of DailyMail's "fine journalism" aka making shit up Thread
View Quote
That article is not what I and others based the claim on, it is merely an easily findable publicly available news story.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:55:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got home and Lone Survivor is on.

I'm about to become an expert on comms.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:00:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:05:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm not arguing a shotgun is better than an AR for home defense, only arguing against the false premises some throw up about a shotgun for home defense. Like excessive recoil, how supposedly difficult it is to pump a shotgun, to put a light on a shotgun, or perhaps the stupidest wrt HD, inadequate range. Or inadequate penetration or how birdshot is useless which brings up ammo selection.

The difference is a majority of shotgun advocates or non-critics know buckshot is the far superior choice for a shotgun but a majority of AR fan boys (or so it appears) are loaded with .mil ammo designed for entirely different purposes and to meet treaty requirements.

I do have the option of a suppressed SBR in 223/5.56 or 6.8 with a T2 and light along with a shotgun with a light and a 9mm pistol with a light, or one with a light and laser...
View Quote
What the fuck do you have loaded in your AR.......M193 will totally devastate your opponent, with round breakup within 4" of body.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:06:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Also mission planning, standard operating procedures, recon, clandestine insertion, and voting on murder of shepherds.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:14:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Also mission planning, standard operating procedures, recon, clandestine insertion, and voting on murder of shepherds.
View Quote
Details, details, details....
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:16:48 PM EDT
[#12]
More internet credentials?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:19:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:50:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:53:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DEVGRUs officers told their guys that they will not assist them on that mission. It was screwed from the start.

They along with SF, Rangers and Marines went in to clean up the mess though.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:59:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
As opposed to printing them out? That's lame unless you need to have your dog papered for its ptsd.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 12:06:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Either fade away and let the adults talk or give us a reason to include you in this thread.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 12:26:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Who the fuck cares?

"Oh god, am I using the same brand of pistol as Johnny Special Forces uses in his house?  Will he tell me what he uses and 'settle' the debate."

Christ
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 1:02:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
SEALS seem to have a thing for shotguns.

IIRC a different SEAL (who posts some great pistol vids) nuked his SME forum on a different site over a recommendation of shotguns and birdshot for HD argument.
View Quote
Probably has more to do with not believing civilians should have anything else for home defense.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 1:15:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Either fade away and let the adults talk or give us a reason to include you in this thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Calm down, I wasn't trying to hurt your feelings
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 6:42:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
 lol. The only one with hurt feelz in this thread is you. You started a thread based on a stupid premise and got soundly thrashed. Flip your turtle back over and pay attention. You might learn something.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 6:46:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 6:55:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
 lol. The only one with hurt feelz in this thread is you. You started a thread based on a stupid premise and got soundly thrashed. Flip your turtle back over and pay attention. You might learn something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A thread tittle of SG Vs. Rifle in GD and you won.

What did you win?
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 6:59:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Is the old ladies tea party over or all you going to continue to argue over what won't kill or will kill a home invader?
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 7:01:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Is the old ladies tea party over or all you going to continue to argue over what won't kill or will kill a home invader?
View Quote
Except that's not at all what is being discussed in any shotgun HD thread.

Solid work keeping up.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 7:02:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Thirteen pages. It's as settled as the "science" of global warming.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 7:06:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If I give you 8 apples can you bake them into some nice, warm, paragraphs?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
At least give me 8 apples then I can have a pie.
Fucking English nazi,  if I bake you some paragraphs will you blow me.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 7:14:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
At least give me 8 apples then I can have a pie.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 7:24:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Solid work keeping up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Solid work keeping up.
Once again you miss the point Sherlock.
Let me outline it for you.
Different situations are never static and the factors involved are too dynamic to predict.
Different strokes are necessary for different folks if you ain't smart enough to understand Sherlock.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 7:25:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Does your Mom know you curse on the internet?
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 7:30:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Different situations are never static and the factors involved are too dynamic to predict.
Different strokes are necessary for different folks if you ain't smart enough to understand Sherlock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Solid work keeping up.
Nice attempt to move the goalposts but I'll play along.

Situations are dynamic and not predictable....agreeded.

Thus it makes sense that the weapon that offers the most flexibility, for the widest range of potential situations is superior to weapons that don't.

Seems pretty simple for most to grasp. For others this is more of a complicated riddle, unable to be solved, not unlike the operation of Velcro shoes.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 7:38:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Thus it makes sense that the weapon that offers the most flexibility, for the widest range of potential situations is superior to weapons that don't.

Seems pretty simple for most to grasp. For others this is more of a complicated riddle, unable to be solved, not unlike the operation of Velcro shoes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Solid work keeping up.

MoMma tOLd mE Not TO eAt The pAINt cHiPs.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 10:08:02 AM EDT
[#33]
This thread was great, thank you all.

I know people love to debate SG VS. AR but to see the heads explode was unexpected.

I had a guy get so mad he told me he was going to be thinking about me in the month to come.

I gave multiple hints this was a GD thread, for example when i'd reply to posts with "did you shoot OBL in the face?" over and over. But, some guys got so hurt by that and couldn't grasp that <maybe> this wasn't going to be the thread that settles the VS. debate.

I EVEN said "I was overturning turtles" and later, at least one of the turtles tried to mock me with my own saying never realizing that when I said that, I was admitting this was all in fun.

Then after many attempts on many pages of hinting this wasn't a serious thread and admitting I may have hurt some guys feelings by not clearly explaining stuff some penguin says i'm back peddling. How can I back peddle when pages ago I admitted this was in fun.

This was interesting and I did learn a couple things about GD, I need to be more direct with my responses and some of you take yourselves way to serious on a GD board meant to be light hearted.

So have at it, tell me i'm back peddling no matter how many pages back I said this was "over turning turtles", tell me how your internet credentials must be respected even though I don't know ANY of you and tell me how you won this imaginary fight that best I can tell, was my fault for thinking a seal saying he uses a SG would be fun to talk about.

I'll wait for my internet spanking and drop this because I see some real hurt feelings from some of you and I wasn't trying to hurt anyone.

Wife & I have off today so i'll take her to see Dunkirk
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 10:11:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I know people love to debate SG VS. AR but to see the heads explode was unexpected.

I had a guy get so mad he told me he was going to be thinking about me in the month to come.

I gave multiple hints this was a GD thread, for example when i'd reply to posts with "did you shoot OBL in the face?" over and over. But, some guys got so hurt by that and couldn't grasp that <maybe> this wasn't going to be the thread that settles the VS. debate.

I EVEN said "I was overturning turtles" and later, at least one of the turtles tried to mock me with my own saying never realizing that when I said that, I was admitting this was all in fun.

Then after many attempts on many pages of hinting this wasn't a serious thread and admitting I may have hurt some guys feelings by not clearly explaining stuff some penguin says i'm back peddling. How can I back peddle when pages ago I admitted this was in fun.

This was interesting and I did learn a couple things about GD, I need to be more direct with my responses and some of you take yourselves way to serious on a GD board meant to be light hearted.

So have at it, tell me i'm back peddling no matter how many pages back I said this was "over turning turtles", tell me how your internet credentials must be respected even though I don't know ANY of you and tell me how you won this imaginary fight that best I can tell, was my fault for thinking a seal saying he uses a SG would be fun to talk about.

I'll wait for my internet spanking and drop this because I see some real hurt feelings from some of you and I wasn't trying to hurt anyone.

View Quote

Aight den SlingBlade.  Enjoy your moving picture show. Still can't decide if you're funny haha or funny queer.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 10:12:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 10:33:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I think that's the longest thing I've seen posted in a shotgun thread, congrats.

Hopefully someone will read it.
View Quote
I always enjoy the ole "I was just fooling I tricked you all" gambit.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 10:50:00 AM EDT
[#37]
So the conclusion is that I should carry on me or have close to me at all times depending on the situation is a HD 12ga shotgun, AR with 30 rd mag, 9MM pistol with 15+ mag, .357 mag revolver for when you need that extra oomf, a knife for those hand to hand combat situations, night goggles if no night scopes, and a grenade or two to clear the room of baddies. Oh and a 6.5 Grendel because there is always one of those dudes. And possibly a mobile phone so you can search arfcom to find out which weapon to use before the fight begins. That about cover it?
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 10:51:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 12:05:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Seems like a lot of people who never served obsess over what the SEALs (or SF) use and do. Meanwhile men like yourself and many others in this thread use their own personal knowledge and experience to form their opinions. It's interesting to watch a thread like this one. You quickly realize who watched a bunch of YouTube videos, and who has actually trained.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is exactly what I was getting at a few pages back.  And it was absolutely my experience as well...most are not gun nerds at all, and I knew/know plenty who had never owned a personal firearm.  I know guys who got out 20 years ago and have never fired a single round since.
Seems like a lot of people who never served obsess over what the SEALs (or SF) use and do. Meanwhile men like yourself and many others in this thread use their own personal knowledge and experience to form their opinions. It's interesting to watch a thread like this one. You quickly realize who watched a bunch of YouTube videos, and who has actually trained.
You guys are getting so confused. You don't have to be a gun nerd to have an opinion on ar15 vs shotgun.

A special ops guy that shoots people and uses guns for a living is going to have a pretty damn good expert opinion on what a good gun for home defense is, whether they are gun guys or not.

In fact, I'm willing to bet that their opinion is much more valid compared to a printer repairman on arfcom that IS a gun nerd.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 12:19:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You guys are getting so confused. You don't have to be a gun nerd to have an opinion on ar15 vs shotgun.

A special ops guy that shoots people and uses guns for a living is going to have a pretty damn good expert opinion on what a good gun for home defense is, whether they are gun guys or not.

In fact, I'm willing to bet that their opinion is much more valid compared to a printer repairman on arfcom that IS a gun nerd.
View Quote
Exactly, because people who have 0 experience hang onto every word a "special ops guy" says. Which is what I was pointing out. I never said the "special ops guy" couldn't have his own opinion and whether it was valid or not.

It's just a clear divide and it's sort of interesting to watch. On one side you have people who have experienced military culture, or maybe even combat deployments and realize that a large amount of things civilians think about the military is misguided + they have formed their own opinions (a lot of them counter to what they learned in the military, even "special ops guys"). On the other, you have guys that think because someone has shot OBL in the face, he is all knowing on all things self defense.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 12:24:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 12:58:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Who?
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 1:09:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Who?
View Quote
Much edge, so cool.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 1:30:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 5:13:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Solid work keeping up.

I'm sure your closet full of Velcro shoes all have tactical origins.
Your opinion on home defense is probably expert from your Internet discussions, wannabe operator weekend shooting schools, and dreams your home is invaded by a hadji terrorist team.
May your dreams be fulfilled some day and you get to show your Tier 1 command of the AR before your smart, AR supporting ass is filled full of lead!
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 6:06:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Your opinion on home defense is probably expert from your Internet discussions, wannabe operator weekend shooting schools, and dreams your home is invaded by a hadji terrorist team.
May your dreams be fulfilled some day and you get to show your Tier 1 command of the AR before your smart, AR supporting ass is filled full of lead!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Solid work keeping up.

Per usual, you have nothing.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 6:17:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
So... you were intentionally trolling?
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 6:18:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Blah blah gay sex blah blah.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 6:19:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Solid work keeping up.

As do your repetitive posts showing your wannabe and never-will-be Tier 1 operator status, Sherlock.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
As do your repetitive posts showing your wannabe and never-will-be Tier 1 operator status, Sherlock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Solid work keeping up.

What sad is that I am a total nobody, middle-aged guy.....and I've still figured out AR > shotgun.

Meanwhile the shotgun mafia clings bitterly to their antiquated muskets. Sad really.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top