Link Posted: 7/21/2017 7:28:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 7:42:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 12:41:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As do your repetitive posts showing your wannabe and never-will-be Tier 1 operator status, Sherlock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is the old ladies tea party over or all you going to continue to argue over what won't kill or will kill a home invader?
Except that's not at all what is being discussed in any shotgun HD thread.

Solid work keeping up.
Once again you miss the point Sherlock.
Let me outline it for you.
Different situations are never static and the factors involved are too dynamic to predict.
Different strokes are necessary for different folks if you ain't smart enough to understand Sherlock.
Nice attempt to move the goalposts but I'll play along.

Situations are dynamic and not predictable....agreeded.

Thus it makes sense that the weapon that offers the most flexibility, for the widest range of potential situations is superior to weapons that don't.

Seems pretty simple for most to grasp. For others this is more of a complicated riddle, unable to be solved, not unlike the operation of Velcro shoes.
I'm sure your closet full of Velcro shoes all have tactical origins.
Your opinion on home defense is probably expert from your Internet discussions, wannabe operator weekend shooting schools, and dreams your home is invaded by a hadji terrorist team.
May your dreams be fulfilled some day and you get to show your Tier 1 command of the AR before your smart, AR supporting ass is filled full of lead!
Per usual, you have nothing.
As do your repetitive posts showing your wannabe and never-will-be Tier 1 operator status, Sherlock.
Do you have any CoD skills or are you just bluster and emojis?
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 7:34:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is the old ladies tea party over or all you going to continue to argue over what won't kill or will kill a home invader?
Except that's not at all what is being discussed in any shotgun HD thread.

Solid work keeping up.
Once again you miss the point Sherlock.
Let me outline it for you.
Different situations are never static and the factors involved are too dynamic to predict.
Different strokes are necessary for different folks if you ain't smart enough to understand Sherlock.
Nice attempt to move the goalposts but I'll play along.

Situations are dynamic and not predictable....agreeded.

Thus it makes sense that the weapon that offers the most flexibility, for the widest range of potential situations is superior to weapons that don't.

Seems pretty simple for most to grasp. For others this is more of a complicated riddle, unable to be solved, not unlike the operation of Velcro shoes.
I'm sure your closet full of Velcro shoes all have tactical origins.
Your opinion on home defense is probably expert from your Internet discussions, wannabe operator weekend shooting schools, and dreams your home is invaded by a hadji terrorist team.
May your dreams be fulfilled some day and you get to show your Tier 1 command of the AR before your smart, AR supporting ass is filled full of lead!
Per usual, you have nothing.
I'm more of a Battlefield 4 man myself....
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:31:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This thread was great, thank you all.*snip*
View Quote
Goes on diatribe painting GD as dumb and full of fools, then pounds chest for masterminding a thread that fools GD.  You're so smart bro....
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:58:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Ok, let's just assume O'Neil shot Bin Laden.  OP's premise is that that makes HD God and has made final judgement on Shotgun vs ARs for HD once and for all.  Do you agree? Ok, he's got a great resume as do some of the posters in this thread but that doesn't mean his judgement is perfect.
View Quote
No.

I doubt O'Neill has any better access to experiment results or a better grasp of physics than we do.

I've heard a lot of gun derp over the years from .mil and LEO guys. That guy on Future Weapons being one.  I don't think they are more prone to it. But it's pretty clear that being .mil or LEO doesn't magically grant special insight or knowledge and so I don't just assume they know what they are talking about when it comes to ballistics and so forth.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:10:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Peterglenho is both training for a different type of war and sad that this thread exists.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

There are multiple conflicting reports from O'Neill and Bissonette.

One says Osama was hiding behind his wife with an AK.  That turned out to be BS.

The one who shot him said he was at the top floor peering out from the doorway, came out on top, and was shot, then ran into the room.

He being the 1-man at the time rushed the room and burned him down.

O'Neill came in after, away from his assigned clearance space, in competition with Bissonette.  There were some personality issues leading up to this where the competition between Bissonette and O'Neill was in play, and known about by other members of the unit.

After Osama was gunned down in the room, O'Neill came in and stood around the body and canoed Osama's head.

Bissonette came in after and put in his token rounds.

Why are we hearing about all of this?  Because they've been running their mouths and writing books, complaining about healthcare, crazy unprofessional stuff you just shouldn't see even from a conventional unit.
View Quote
But you are stating as fact what pointman "apparently" told someone. O'Neill directly contradicts that. O'Neill says pointman took a shot or two but tackles the women when he and pointman entered the room and that he dropped OBL, who was standing behind a wife. O'Neill says that pointman was verbally unsure if he had even hit the figure he shot at. Apparently there was even uncertainty as to who peeked out.

I don't think that account, as attributed to pointman, is implausible nor do i think it a lie. But O'Neill' account is also plausible. And there are plenty of people who capitalize and profit off what really did happen in historic events. So I can't just conclude that "I know O'Neill is lying because he's making $". It's not so black and white.

I also believe that the Obama administration may have wanted OBL to have been cowering behind his wife with an AK so it would look better (In public relations terms) than SEALs busting in and executing a surprised and unarmed enemy and so those details got added in. I also believe they may not have wanted it aired out that SEALs intentionally shot up and mutilated OBL's corpse.

I readily admit to a lot of possibilities. I just don't trust anyone, even anonymous people who claim to have been told "what really happened" by anonymous pointman. I can see why some people are pissed at O'Neill enough to lie about what happened and make pointman the shooter who won't/can't profit just to preserve the "we win and lose as a team" credo.

At the end of the day, anyone and everyone connected with the affair could have a motive for lying. So I'm not going to go around calling O'Neill a liar when I'm not sure he is one. However, I have no problem not liking the fact that he's out there singularly profiting off the accomplish of his whole team. I think he deserves all that heat.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 3:43:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I pity the fucker trying to get up my stairs if I grab my Benelli loaded with buckshot.

But my bedside gun is an AR with a white light and a silencer.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 3:44:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
i have three shotguns set out

One on top of the tv cabinet

One in my closet

One in a hall closet

I am not going to kill my neighbors saving my ass with an ar-15

I would feel underguned with an ar-15

A shotgun is the first choice for home defense.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 4:54:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
But you are stating as fact what pointman "apparently" told someone. O'Neill directly contradicts that. O'Neill says pointman took a shot or two but tackles the women when he and pointman entered the room and that he dropped OBL, who was standing behind a wife. O'Neill says that pointman was verbally unsure if he had even hit the figure he shot at. Apparently there was even uncertainty as to who peeked out.

I don't think that account, as attributed to pointman, is implausible nor do i think it a lie. But O'Neill' account is also plausible. And there are plenty of people who capitalize and profit off what really did happen in historic events. So I can't just conclude that "I know O'Neill is lying because he's making $". It's not so black and white.

I also believe that the Obama administration may have wanted OBL to have been cowering behind his wife with an AK so it would look better (In public relations terms) than SEALs busting in and executing a surprised and unarmed enemy and so those details got added in. I also believe they may not have wanted it aired out that SEALs intentionally shot up and mutilated OBL's corpse.

I readily admit to a lot of possibilities. I just don't trust anyone, even anonymous people who claim to have been told "what really happened" by anonymous pointman. I can see why some people are pissed at O'Neill enough to lie about what happened and make pointman the shooter who won't/can't profit just to preserve the "we win and lose as a team" credo.

At the end of the day, anyone and everyone connected with the affair could have a motive for lying. So I'm not going to go around calling O'Neill a liar when I'm not sure he is one. However, I have no problem not liking the fact that he's out there singularly profiting off the accomplish of his whole team. I think he deserves all that heat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are multiple conflicting reports from O'Neill and Bissonette.

One says Osama was hiding behind his wife with an AK.  That turned out to be BS.

The one who shot him said he was at the top floor peering out from the doorway, came out on top, and was shot, then ran into the room.

He being the 1-man at the time rushed the room and burned him down.

O'Neill came in after, away from his assigned clearance space, in competition with Bissonette.  There were some personality issues leading up to this where the competition between Bissonette and O'Neill was in play, and known about by other members of the unit.

After Osama was gunned down in the room, O'Neill came in and stood around the body and canoed Osama's head.

Bissonette came in after and put in his token rounds.

Why are we hearing about all of this?  Because they've been running their mouths and writing books, complaining about healthcare, crazy unprofessional stuff you just shouldn't see even from a conventional unit.

O'Neill is a faggot for shooting UBL in the face and fucking up identification.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:15:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ever wonder if that had something to do with the photos not being released?
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 12:55:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obviously.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 1:18:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It might, yeah. Might not, too. It's still a decent choice but it's far from the best anymore. Visit the Ammo forum once in a while.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What the fuck do you have loaded in your AR.......M193 will totally devastate your opponent, with round breakup within 4" of body.
It might, yeah. Might not, too. It's still a decent choice but it's far from the best anymore. Visit the Ammo forum once in a while.
bull hockey......video after video after video shows speed is the key.....and M193 penetrates CII body armor like butter....it penetrates 1/4 steel like butter and then yaws and turns your insides into jello.

That's not me making the claim .....its the YouTube warriors like Chopping Block and Taanofolupagus (or what ever his name is) showing you ballistic tests against  denim; cII-cIII armor plate; and setting you straight.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 8:09:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Page / 14
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top