User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 35
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 11:05:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I came here to post this vid.
watch it again. Pistols are pistols and rifles are rifles, 2200 FPS is the barrier

does 5.7 truly five rifle performance in a pistol platform? And Ruger makes one for $500?

That could change the game
View Quote
is it 2200? I always thought "2000" was that theoretical limit, and some have argued that even down to 1700?
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 11:06:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Put an optic in it and it would be a fun varmint gun.
View Quote
You mean, like a PMR-30? It's the same slug weight, only about 400FPS slower.......

But a hell of a lot cheaper to shoot.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 11:07:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Why, ruger, why not 7.62Tok?
View Quote
That in a PDW platform would do really well. I'm a buyer for that or something in .30 carbine-which the OAL of still fits in a PS-90 magazine.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 11:08:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
They did a P89 with a 9mm and an extra 30 Luger barrel.  I have one
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 11:16:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
@armoredman

The more I skim thru the "interwebs", the more the reloading problems seem to revolve around poor practices and fear set up by FN reps who like all gunmakers, discourage reloading.

There does seem to be some debate as to the actual purpose of the case coating, that is, whether it is for "storage" or to facilitate extraction.  Maybe both?

Also, allusions to the shoulder angle being too sharp for reloading appears to be bunk, too, as it is listed on CIP as 35 degrees while other cartridges have shoulder angles of 40, etc.  There's not a lot of taper on the case so that could come into play to make it a bit "sticky" at max loads.  And maybe factory/GI ammo is run hot?  Which indicates a handloader could back off a bit, get good performing, safe loads even if not turning in absolute max velocities.

Anyway, I would be interested to read a really knowledgeable handloaders full report on reloading the thing.  I guess I just don't see what the big mystery is all about.  I've handloaded since the '70's and have done case forming, etc and this thing just doesn't look like it should be voodoo to handload.
View Quote
@EVR, my interest ran to looking at only a few articles and most of them were a decade old, after that I pretty much moved on. I also have no idea what the coating might befor, reminds me of the Breda and oilers for ammo.  :) Maybe the reverse taper effect in the FiveseveN needed that extra "schlide" out for extraction? Perhaps the Ruger has been designed to not have that issue? We'll know later.
I also read that 40 grains is a high of a bullet as was good for reloading, that 55 gr was slightly too heavy.
I started handloading MUCH later than you, only guns I had in the 70s were cap pistols and such, and have only been handloading/casting for about 10 years. I know just enough to know I don't know squat.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 11:17:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Browning did the same with the Hi-Power.  Some countries don,t allow 9mm,but do 7.65
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 11:26:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Browning did the same with the Hi-Power.  Some countries don,t allow 9mm,but do 7.65
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
.30 Luger/ 7.65 Parabelum isn't the same as 7.62 Tokarev/ .30 Mauser, less powerful
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 11:36:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
is it 2200? I always thought "2000" was that theoretical limit, and some have argued that even down to 1700?
View Quote
I've heard 2100 fps and that's my rule of thumb.  If 1700 fps would turn temporary cavities permanent that gives a lot of wiggle room.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 11:37:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd totally be interested if the ammo weren't so damned expensive.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 11:37:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Nidal Hasan killed 13 people and wounded another 31 with an FN five-seven. I don’t think the round is a joke.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
.22 Mag performance at three times the price no thank you.
Nidal Hasan killed 13 people and wounded another 31 with an FN five-seven. I don’t think the round is a joke.
Head and contact shots tend to do that regardless of caliber.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 11:40:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Yup. If it came with a threaded barrel. I could use my can. Ooh yeah!
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 11:40:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I would buy one.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 11:41:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
.22 TCM looks like it is a good performer, and since I like the 1911 platform I should own one.  But, I don't.  I looked recently for some load data and dies for the .22 TCM, and didn't find any.  You are limited to short, stubby bullets, because of the 1911 magazine length.

It doesn't take much to make a .22 TCM.  Barrels are available for 1911 pistols and Glock 17/19s, and the Witness/RiA pistol.  Of course, the 9mm guns have to use the shorter version of the cartridge.

There is, (or was), a wildcat called the .22 Zipperer, or some thing like that.  It was a 9x23mm Winchester necked down to fire .224 bullets.  I am sure it had the same problem with bullet selection as the .22 TCM, though.

Almost a century ago, there was a wildcat necked down 9mm to .22, fired from Luger pistols.  None of this is new.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would much prefer to see more .22 TCM then this
.22 TCM looks like it is a good performer, and since I like the 1911 platform I should own one.  But, I don't.  I looked recently for some load data and dies for the .22 TCM, and didn't find any.  You are limited to short, stubby bullets, because of the 1911 magazine length.

It doesn't take much to make a .22 TCM.  Barrels are available for 1911 pistols and Glock 17/19s, and the Witness/RiA pistol.  Of course, the 9mm guns have to use the shorter version of the cartridge.

There is, (or was), a wildcat called the .22 Zipperer, or some thing like that.  It was a 9x23mm Winchester necked down to fire .224 bullets.  I am sure it had the same problem with bullet selection as the .22 TCM, though.

Almost a century ago, there was a wildcat necked down 9mm to .22, fired from Luger pistols.  None of this is new.
Ammo Supply Warehouse

Rifle load data
Pistol data from Cast Boolits
Accurate Powders TCM Pdf

Dies from Hornady and Lee

The polymer tips of Hornadys 40 grain V-MAX bullets resulted in cartridges to long to fit the magazine of the .22 Hornet I used to own. Pulling the tips with a pair of pliers solved that. Trajectory beyond 200-250 yards had to have been affected but for some reason accuracy was not. Some one needs to try this with Hornadys 35 grain V-MAX in 5.7, 22TCM and .224 BOZ and report their findings.

RIA has 22TCM pistols, and 22TCM conversion kits for 1911 and Glock 19/23 and 17/22 pistols. FN has the Five-seveN and the PS90. MPA is offering their MAC based pistol and carbine, CMMG has the Banshee. Now Ruger is jumping in. These are the salad days of small case capacity .22 center fires.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 11:41:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
@EVR, my interest ran to looking at only a few articles and most of them were a decade old, after that I pretty much moved on. I also have no idea what the coating might befor, reminds me of the Breda and oilers for ammo.  :) Maybe the reverse taper effect in the FiveseveN needed that extra "schlide" out for extraction? Perhaps the Ruger has been designed to not have that issue? We'll know later.
I also read that 40 grains is a high of a bullet as was good for reloading, that 55 gr was slightly too heavy.
I started handloading MUCH later than you, only guns I had in the 70s were cap pistols and such, and have only been handloading/casting for about 10 years. I know just enough to know I don't know squat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@armoredman

The more I skim thru the "interwebs", the more the reloading problems seem to revolve around poor practices and fear set up by FN reps who like all gunmakers, discourage reloading.

There does seem to be some debate as to the actual purpose of the case coating, that is, whether it is for "storage" or to facilitate extraction.  Maybe both?

Also, allusions to the shoulder angle being too sharp for reloading appears to be bunk, too, as it is listed on CIP as 35 degrees while other cartridges have shoulder angles of 40, etc.  There's not a lot of taper on the case so that could come into play to make it a bit "sticky" at max loads.  And maybe factory/GI ammo is run hot?  Which indicates a handloader could back off a bit, get good performing, safe loads even if not turning in absolute max velocities.

Anyway, I would be interested to read a really knowledgeable handloaders full report on reloading the thing.  I guess I just don't see what the big mystery is all about.  I've handloaded since the '70's and have done case forming, etc and this thing just doesn't look like it should be voodoo to handload.
Yeah, the whole coated case thing really does it for me.  No thanks.  I'm beginning to see now why the thing is engineered as it is, and it makes sense to achieve the performance the military was seeking, but it does limit handloading I suppose, especially if someone wants lots of case life and a reliable pistol.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
.30 Luger/ 7.65 Parabelum isn't the same as 7.62 Tokarev/ .30 Mauser, less powerful
I didn't see that anyone said they were the same.

There are two ll's in Parabellum.  

For that matter, the .30 Mauser isn't technically the same as the 7.62x25.

Nevertheless, a hot-loaded .30 Luger would be a very interesting round to play with and very likely equal old .30 Mauser performance.  I seem to remember some loads in the LEE handbook giving 1400 fps w/ 86 grain bullet.  That seems high to me but with modern powders maybe it is possible.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 11:41:56 PM EDT
[#15]
1700fps is the original number, and one I use.

.30 Carbine produces rifle like effects using JSP's at 1850fps:

"With expanding projectiles, the .30 caliber M1 Carbine creates a temporary cavity stretch that is slightly larger than that produced by heavy expanding .357 Magnum hunting loads and may be able to produce permanent splitting, tearing, and rupture injuries in tissues susceptible to stretch insults, such as the liver, kidney, spleen, pancreas, brain, and completely full fluid or gas filled hollow organs, such as the bladder. The best ammunition choices for the M1 Carbine are the Remington 110 gr JSP (R30CAR), Hornady 110 gr FTX, and loads using all copper Barnes X bullet 110 gr JHP (like the old Corbon DPX), and the outstanding Speer 110 gr Gold Dot (which sadly is no longer being made). The Remington load has an average velocity of 1864 f/s, expands to around .54” to .58” and penetrates 13” to 16” whether in bare gelatin, through automobile windshields, or Level IIIa body armor."
https://pistol-forum.com/archive/index.php/t-4339.html

2200fps is far too high; by that standard 7.62x39 is only a 'rifle' for like 50-60yds. And most .300 blk loads out of 8" barrels would never hit 2200fps at all.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 11:51:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You mean, like a PMR-30? It's the same slug weight, only about 400FPS slower.......

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Put an optic in it and it would be a fun varmint gun.

Yeah...I thought about that too....just haven’t seen one with a red dot on it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 12:14:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Meh, my only interest in the cartridge would be in the Ruger American bolt action.  Even now, there are much less expensive options chambered in .204 Ruger or .22 Hornet.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 12:26:17 AM EDT
[#18]
It probably is a fake. The grip isn't long enough to
handle the cartridge.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 12:38:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I came here to post this vid.
watch it again. Pistols are pistols and rifles are rifles, 2200 FPS is the barrier

does 5.7 truly five rifle performance in a pistol platform? And Ruger makes one for $500?

That could change the game
2k is what I see the most, but I think in real life it’s not any hard and fast number. Surely that depends on what considers “tearing” and on the characteristics of the particular tissue itself. Surely that number varies. I think the more important takeaway is that there is a point that tissue can no longer stretch and one gets considerably more wounding potential, and that number is somewhere in the high teens to low 2k range.

ETA I’ve shot things with projectiles that chronod in the 1700ish ballpark and was very unimpressed with their performance on tissue. Everything I’ve shot in the low 2k range and above got pretty uniformly fucked up.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 12:42:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If ammo weren't proprietary and were less than 20 cpr... heck yeah!
View Quote
That the round is Proprientary is really fucking it over to be honest.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 12:53:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:. 1700fps is the original number, and one I use.

"With expanding projectiles, the .30 caliber M1 Carbine creates a temporary cavity stretch that is slightly larger than that produced by heavy expanding .357 Magnum hunting loads and may be able to produce permanent splitting, tearing, and rupture injuries in tissues susceptible to stretch insults, such as the liver, kidney, spleen, pancreas, brain, and completely full fluid or gas filled hollow organs, such as the bladder. The best ammunition choices for the M1 Carbine are the Remington 110 gr JSP (R30CAR), Hornady 110 gr FTX, and loads using all copper Barnes X bullet 110 gr JHP (like the old Corbon DPX), and the outstanding Speer 110 gr Gold Dot (which sadly is no longer being made). The Remington load has an average velocity of 1864 f/s, expands to around .54” to .58” and penetrates 13” to 16” whether in bare gelatin, through automobile windshields, or Level IIIa body armor."

2200fps is far too high; by that standard 7.62x39 is only a 'rifle' for like 50-60yds. And most .300 blk loads out of 8" barrels would never hit 2200fps at all.
View Quote
1700 fps would mean a 30 grn .22 WMR out of a FIVE inch bbl would produce rifle quality wounds:

http://ballisticsbytheinch.com/22mag.html
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 1:13:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
it's not proprietary in any way. Currently FN is the only maker of brass that's public knowledge. Elite Ammunition developed their own 5.7 brass (07 and 08 variations), but due to a lack of sales that production has ceased. Starline rumored at one time to produce all of the 5.7 blanks for Hollywood, but that was never confirmed. There was a patent for the P90 magazine, not the 5.7x28mm round..
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 1:29:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yeah...I thought about that too....just haven't seen one with a red dot on it.
View Quote
You can run a RDS on them:
This mount is a lot higher quality than the Kel-Tec piece:

RMR mount
KelTec PMR-30 With TandemKross Victory Trigger by Buffman RANGE, on Flickr

The FSN can run RDS as well:
FNH Five-seveN, 5.7x28mm by Buffman RANGE, on Flickr
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 1:43:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
1700 fps would mean a 30 grn .22 WMR out of a FIVE inch bbl would produce rifle quality wounds:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:. 1700fps is the original number, and one I use.

It's entirely possible that a 30gr @ 1700fps does produce some element of tearing. IE if the expanded .22 mag has an expanded 0.35" frontal area, but produces a torn hole equivalent to 0.5" due to slight tearing from the temporary stretch cavity.

'Rifle like' does not imply "wounding equal to a rifle"- it's impossible that a 200-500 ft/lb of energy anything is going to produce comparable effects to a 1000-2500ft/lb cartridge, regardless of velocity.

All it means is that the round is capable of converting some of its temporary stretch cavity into permanent cavity. And the extent of this effect will be based on the projectiles energy, and the speed in which it dumps that energy (ie 500 ft/lbs in 12" vs 18", 12" will produce a larger pressure curve.)
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 9:12:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It probably is a fake. The grip isn't long enough to
handle the cartridge.
View Quote
That's a good observation.  A search of the internet brings up nothing related except this thread.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 9:28:38 AM EDT
[#26]
OST
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 9:28:43 AM EDT
[#27]
I'd prefer to have a 10/22 in 5.7.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 10:01:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Has anyone pointed out velocity isn't the only factor in "rifle like wounding" I have a strong suspicion frontal area of the projectile matters too. Larger area probably can achieve the effect at a lower velocity. Which would explain why some think 1800fps, some thinker a few hundred higher.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 10:06:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd have to check, but i think the round isn't propietary. What fucking it over is the fact no one builds any guns for the thing. Heck, there are more gun models available in 32 H&R.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 11:44:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Has anyone pointed out velocity isn't the only factor in "rifle like wounding" I have a strong suspicion frontal area of the projectile matters too. Larger area probably can achieve the effect at a lower velocity. Which would explain why some think 1800fps, some thinker a few hundred higher.
View Quote
This theory also explains why shotgun slugs seem to be effective.

Not that that idea helps the 5.7 from a pistol.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 12:20:01 PM EDT
[#31]
So are they actually making this pistol, or is this just some creative photoshopping and a whole lot of wishing?
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 1:37:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'd totally be interested if the ammo weren't so damned expensive.
View Quote
Best case, this drives other manufactures into the Ammo game
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 1:43:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Ruger might not be only option coming
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 1:45:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Why Tok?  There are plenty of modern bottleneck cartridges with a far better ammo selection. You have .357 Sig, .460 Rowland, and 9x25 Dillon to name a few right off the bat that can be had for nothing more than a barrel change.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good grief that is ridiculous.  There are lots of Lee-Enfields do that to brass and if that's how it is, the 5.7 will face the same problems as that found in Lees; short case life given the overworking necessary to bring the case back to spec.

Thanks very much for your posts here.

I do see why a FN rep might say the gun is not supposed to be reloaded, for more reasons than the normal CYA that gun/ammo companies always toss out.  Seems that a redesigned chamber form could solve the problems you picture here.  Of course if the brass is thin that is still an issue.

Back to my other dream I guess...a good, modern high cap pistol chambered for the Tokarev round.  I have a lot of experience with that one and like it.  I've got no interest in monkeying with the 5.7 for the stuff I do, and in reality I'll probably just stick with the 9mm tho all of us in this area may be stepping up as grizzly continue to expand their range.  Well, at least for half the year. My son is a production forester for a timber company and he and his coworkers have all been thinking about the day getting closer when they trade in their 9mm's, .40's and the one fellow's .22 Mag Kel-Tec which as I think about it, he has already dumped anyway due to reliability issues.
Why Tok?  There are plenty of modern bottleneck cartridges with a far better ammo selection. You have .357 Sig, .460 Rowland, and 9x25 Dillon to name a few right off the bat that can be had for nothing more than a barrel change.
Because they aren't 30cal.

It's a sweet spot where you can have hard, sturdy bullets that pierce, but as low a cross sectional area as possible to focus the impact even more (higher BC), and a lighter weight bullet to reduce recoil & further increase AP performance (or expanding/frag performance depending on the projectile).  If AP pistol ammo were legal you'd have 22-30cal penetrator rods in 9mm like the Ruskies do, and if sabots worked worth a damn the 223 Timbs would be used all over the place.

You know how 7mm Mauser was the first smokeless, Spitzer-bullet cartridge that saw service, and yet is *really* close to what we still consider the "ideal rifle round?"  It's because it's designers weren't idiots, and examined the same variables we do today, and came up with the same optimized result.

7.62x25 (aka 7.63 Mauser) was the first smokeless, autoloading pistol round to be used in a practical weapon that saw service.  It, too, was not designed by idiots.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 1:46:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
There are more 5.7 pistols than just the FN.

Masterpiece Arms Defender 5.7 (MPA57DMG)
Excel Arms Accelerator (MP-5.7)
CMMG Banshee (many models)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If Ruger does launch the pistol..hooray. Consumers would have option in 5.7x28 other than the FiveseveN.

None of which competes with the fiveseven as a handgun

Now, the Ukrainian FORT pistol, on the other hand
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 2:03:03 PM EDT
[#36]
7.62x25 (aka 7.63 Mauser) was the first smokeless, autoloading pistol round to be used in a practical weapon that saw service. It, too, was not designed by idiots.  
View Quote
Don't forget the 7.65x25 Borchardt, which preceded the 7.63 Mauser.

They already had the Borchardt cartridge to copy, and increased the pressure for higher velocity, which the Soviet Union also did when they developed the 7.62x25 Tokarev.

While the Borchardt wasn't officially adopted by any gov't, it was the precursor to both the C96 Mauser, (because of the similarity of the 2 cartridges), and the Parabellum, (because of the similarity of the 2 actions).
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 2:22:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ummmm 460 Rowland is not a bottleneck.
But the 40 super is...
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 2:24:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 2:37:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Nice. According to that blog there are rumors of three other firearm manufactures developing 5.7 pistols. Then there's the part  about a Speer Gold Dot self defense round coming out next year as well.

Blog: Will 2020 be a breakout year for the 5.7x28mm?
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 2:47:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 2:48:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Fort-28-Pistol-660x330-660x330.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If Ruger does launch the pistol..hooray. Consumers would have option in 5.7x28 other than the FiveseveN.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Fort-28-Pistol-660x330-660x330.jpg
I really wish someone would hook up with RPC Fort and import their stuff.  I've jones'ed for that Fort-28 since it was displayed.  Also the Fort-12 since it factored into the Stalker games so significantly as an early game handgun.

They also produce a ton of IWI-licensed stuff, like the Tavor in 5.45, several Galil ACE variants, the Galatz sniper rifle, and the Negev LMG.  I think IWI's plan was to import the 5.45 conversion kits from them until they couldn't get a (repeatable) quality US-made 5.45 AR magazine to hit the 922R count.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 2:51:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It’s quieter than a suppressed 5.56 rifle.
View Quote
Thank you

That would work.  I am hoping for someone to come out with a threaded barreled version that takes a RMR.  

Between this and the new POF AR15 22lr subgun.  SHOT might be super cool this year
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 2:56:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
To be a commercial success a firearm needs to be one or the other (or both):

1. Cheap to shoot

2. Have a practical/defensive purpose

Right now the 5.7 really has neither of these things. A Gold Dot load would change things significantly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice. According to that blog there are rumors of three other firearm manufactures developing 5.7 pistols. Then there's the part  about a Speer Gold Dot self defense round coming out next year as well.

Blog: Will 2020 be a breakout year for the 5.7x28mm?
To be a commercial success a firearm needs to be one or the other (or both):

1. Cheap to shoot

2. Have a practical/defensive purpose

Right now the 5.7 really has neither of these things. A Gold Dot load would change things significantly.
More options in pistols and more companies offering ammo will significantly increase the chance of a commercial success. We may eventually see some PDWs as well. I love my PS90, but I'm all for more options in this caliber.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 3:03:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 3:04:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yes.  But will one gun from Ruger be enough to spawn some development.  Or will it make the 5.7 fanbois happy for six months and then drop off the radar?
View Quote
If you read the Kentucky Gun Co. article they said three other manufactures are developing 5.7 pistols as well.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 3:04:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I really don't understand what demographic this is aimed at.
View Quote
People who want to shoot 5.7x28 but don’t want to sell a kidney to buy an FN Five-Seven.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 3:06:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
If it could be reloaded without worrying about FN’s secret sauce case lube you could at least get some business that way.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 3:09:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Bring back the 22 Spitfire!
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 3:10:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 3:39:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yes I read that.  Will they be actual handguns or some type of shortened rifle platform with arm brace?  "Real" handguns like the Ruger might sell well enough to spur some additional stuff.  I have my doubts that another AR pistol or two will do anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you read the Kentucky Gun Co. article they said three other manufactures are developing 5.7 pistols as well.
Yes I read that.  Will they be actual handguns or some type of shortened rifle platform with arm brace?  "Real" handguns like the Ruger might sell well enough to spur some additional stuff.  I have my doubts that another AR pistol or two will do anything.
KyGunCo. seems to have some insider info and reads like they're actual handguns. Heck we may even see some new PDWs in this caliber eventually.
Page / 35
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top