Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 1:22:07 AM EDT
[#1]
This is going to end up being one of the most successful CCW pistols of all time.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 1:23:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
New sights on these suck for CCW. I like the gen 1 sights which are minimal that will not catch on a pocket holster and will glide out easily.

Those new long range sights are fine for 25 yard shots (you will never use sights with a CCW, it will be 6-12 feet at most).

If you need 25 yard (75 feet) sights for a CCW who ever you are shooting at will be deemed in your trial as "not being a threat" (reality).

Like I said for a pocket CCW these new long range sights suck ass for many reasons with their enhanced snag pocket pistol designs...stupid really if you understand it. I do like the double stack mags though but I want gen 1 sights that don't pull my pocket holster out with the gun when needed.
View Quote

Bullshit or case citation. Your choice.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 1:46:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
New sights on these suck for CCW. I like the gen 1 sights which are minimal that will not catch on a pocket holster and will glide out easily.

Those new long range sights are fine for 25 yard shots (you will never use sights with a CCW, it will be 6-12 feet at most).

If you need 25 yard (75 feet) sights for a CCW who ever you are shooting at will be deemed in your trial as "not being a threat" (reality).

Like I said for a pocket CCW these new long range sights suck ass for many reasons with their enhanced snag pocket pistol designs...stupid really if you understand it. I do like the double stack mags though but I want gen 1 sights that don't pull my pocket holster out with the gun when needed.
View Quote

Have you ever heard of a parking lot shooting or grocery store shooting? you do realize walmart and korgers have long open spaces to the back/milk section ???
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 2:30:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 2:41:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Regarding pocket snagging. The sights aren't an issue.

Otherwise a Glock 42/43 would also snag, havent run into that issue lmao.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:41:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Lmao gross.  The P3AT feels like it's made out of melted down milk jugs.
View Quote
 meh. It's served me well.  Bought one of the first ones on the market. Shot the hell outta it,  around 08 I sent it in for repair, KT replaced it. I continue to shoot the hell outta it.  
Light B ball shorts and a clip on iwb holster all summer. KT has a 9rd mag so that's what has kept me from going Ruger.  Sights are even worse than the Gen 1 LCP. But I make due.

Quoted:
For me, the LCP is a "belly gun", one step up from a Derringer.  If I want to carry something a bit larger, my Kahr CM9 will do the job.  I have no interest in an LCP that is in any way larger than my Gen1.
View Quote

I've made some great shots on squirrels with my 22lr LCP2. 25yds is no problwm.
I even got one with my P3AT
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:54:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Real sights too?  Yeah I’ll be getting one
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:56:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Where’s the safety for this pocket pistol?
It would be the best if it had one
View Quote

I'd like to see a option for an external safety.  Like their LC9s/Ec9s line.  With or without. Up to the buyer.

Personally, I carry AIWB with these small pocket pistols. And with a striker fired trigger, I like a safety.  

Just make it the safety on the LC9s/EC9s NOT the LCP2 22lr version please
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:57:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Hoping for a LCP max in .22.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 6:52:32 AM EDT
[#10]
All the guys talking about the sights need to get Sig to license out their SAS sight system to Ruger.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:05:51 AM EDT
[#11]
That's pretty awesome
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:17:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
All the guys talking about the sights need to get Sig to license out their SAS sight system to Ruger.
View Quote

No. Trench sights and similar have been used forever. They are clearly not better than real sights.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:26:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They have made the 22 for several years
View Quote

The also have the LC9/EC9, but certain people are just here for the post count.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:29:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Size looks very similar to a G42 which is a good thing IMO as it should be very controllable and relatively soft shooting.

I wish Glock did it first but this looks like a G42 killer. Awesome!
View Quote

I agree.

As someone who is a die hard Glock guy and carry’s a G42 damn near daily, guns like this and the p365 make me want to swap.

To me capacity is king now. With the riots with BLM and Antifa everyone is finally realizing that they may need to shoot more than 1-2 Bad guys. Hope this keeps pushing companies to make higher capacity micro guns. As someone who is a big supporter of pocket carry it seems like we are finally getting what we have been wanting for years.

All I want is the following.
Reliable
High capacity center fire 10+
And has to have a overall height smaller than 4.13” which is what a G42 is and what I view as staring to be too big for pocket carry.

If a 15rd 5.7 pocket sized lcp came along I’d probably go with it. Lol
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 9:47:13 AM EDT
[#15]
I get lazy on vacation.
Gen. 1 LCP disappears in my pocket when wearing shorts and a tee shirt.
I love it but 10 rounds on board would be so much nicer.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 9:53:52 AM EDT
[#16]
I carry my Gen 1 LCP regularly. It's been very reliable.  

I bought a Gen II in 2020, but had some feed problems with it, that I think are corrected now, but haven't been able to shoot enough .380 through it to have confidence to carry it (my .380 stock is running low).

Definitely interested in the LCP Max.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 9:54:20 AM EDT
[#17]
This design looks very interesting.  

I’ll wait until it’s been on the market for 6 months or so to see stat the actual user evaluations are saying before I’ll jump.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 10:05:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Might be time to send my kahr 380 up the river.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 10:15:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's 87% bullshit.
If someone is shooting at me, I'm shooting back. 10 yards or 100.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 10:18:19 AM EDT
[#20]
wow nice

wish Ruger would make Shield Plus mags now...since S&W doesn't seem to be able to get any...
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 10:21:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't normally go for 380s but I dig this concept
View Quote

Yep should be a nice little BUG
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 10:34:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Anyone see these for sale anywhere?
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 10:36:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If someone is shooting at me, I'm shooting back. 10 yards or 100.
View Quote

If someone is shooting at me from 100 yards and all I have is an LCP, I'm shooting back too.....over my shoulder.....as I'm running the opposite direction.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 10:37:57 AM EDT
[#24]
My LCP II is shit so hard pass.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 10:39:15 AM EDT
[#25]
G42X anyone?
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 10:41:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
My LCP ripped out of my bathing suit pocket in a legit river tubing accident.

I'm interested.  Miss that little gun.
View Quote

Oh Jesus, I'd have marked the spot and gone back with scuba gear if I had too...
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 10:41:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I bought a Gen II in 2020, but had some feed problems with it, that I think are corrected now, but haven't been able to shoot enough .380 through it to have confidence to carry it (my .380 stock is running low).

View Quote

Did the problem fix itself or did you do something to it?

I cannot get through a magazine without a failure to feed

@apmonte
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Does the manufacturer test and guarantee reliability with Underwood , Buffalo Bore etc. ?
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 10:43:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

My gen 1 3AT be all "what's a sight?"
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 10:46:14 AM EDT
[#30]
My gen 1 lcp has been flawless. I love the little thing but I kinda wish it had a firing pin safety though.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 10:46:56 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm gonna have to dig thru my couch cushions and see if I can find 10 .380 bullets
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 10:47:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Does the manufacturer test and guarantee reliability with Underwood , Buffalo Bore etc. ?
View Quote

This has always been a sticking point. The Pico says - yes - no problem.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 10:49:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My only concern about 380acp isn't on 2 legged predators, but on something like say; Pitbulls.

Then again, 9mm has been known to do it too. IIRC a member here shot a Pitbull with a Gold Dot, and it basically followed the contour of it's skull and exited elsewhere.
View Quote

Lol, I dropped a pit bull with a 22, and one with a 45. The one with the 22 dropped like a sack of taters, precious.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 10:50:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Can’t wait for used and almost never fired $150 LCP2 To start hittting the market...
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/1/2021 10:57:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Pico is a kickass and criminally underrated .380.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 11:01:36 AM EDT
[#37]
I like my G42 and it's in my pocket daily.
It's a little big in some pockets and this little guy might fit the bill.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 11:03:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I'd like to see a option for an external safety.  Like their LC9s/Ec9s line.  With or without. Up to the buyer.

Personally, I carry AIWB with these small pocket pistols. And with a striker fired trigger, I like a safety.  

Just make it the safety on the LC9s/EC9s NOT the LCP2 22lr version please
View Quote

This isn't a striker fired gun.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 11:03:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Looks like they copied the Sig p365 mag.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 11:03:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 11:21:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Dang it, this looks awesome, but I'm still bitter about what I paid for my gen1 LCP back in 2014.  I bought the only one in the store, which happened to be the stainless slide, and it was around $375.  Then around a year later, Ruger dropped the price on all LCPs around $100.  I hate overpaying for things!  I love the pistol though, it's been flawless.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 11:32:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Dang it, this looks awesome, but I'm still bitter about what I paid for my gen1 LCP back in 2014.  I bought the only one in the store, which happened to be the stainless slide, and it was around $375.  Then around a year later, Ruger dropped the price on all LCPs around $100.  I hate overpaying for things!  I love the pistol though, it's been flawless.
View Quote

you didn't over pay for it. You carried it for a year for 27 cents a day. That's worth it.

I'm already seeing a bunch of adds on our local state FS/T forum with 1s and 2s coming up for sale. Not sure if it's because of this release or not.

I'll get one. At least one. They carry well in gym shorts or thrown into the pocket at a gas station.

Link Posted: 7/1/2021 11:33:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
wow nice

wish Ruger would make Shield Plus mags now...since S&W doesn't seem to be able to get any...
View Quote

I still can't figure out how the hell S&W fucked up the capacity of the Shield Plus so bad. They brought a gun to market that's already behind the times.

With the height of the Shield they should have gotten at least 2 more rounds in it. 15+1 on the left. 13+1 on the right.

Attachment Attached File

Even the P365 is now a 14+1 with MagGuts and it is shorter than either one of those pictured. Rant over.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 11:33:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Double tap, again. WTH.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 11:35:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Can’t wait for used and almost never fired $150 LCP2 To start hittting the market...
View Quote

Used hell, I'm thinking BNIB at CDNN for 99 bucks!  I'll buy 4-5 of them.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 11:35:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I still can't figure out how the hell S&W fucked up the capacity of the Shield Plus so bad. They brought a gun to market that's already behind the times.

With the height of the Shield they should have gotten at least 2 more rounds in it. 15+1 on the left. 13+1 on the right.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/297684/Untitled_png-1997929.JPG

Even the P365 is now a 14+1 with MagGuts and it is shorter than either one of those pictured. Rant over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
wow nice

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/297684/Untitled_png-1997929.JPG

I really need to get those MagGuts kits. Never in my life did I think I’d be able to carry so much ammunition in such small packages as we have available to us today. I remember thinking the G26 was awesome for being able to carry so much in such a small package.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 11:48:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
G42X anyone?
View Quote

Yes.

10+ capacity with minimal increase in width and everything staying the same. I’d bite.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 11:49:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

They did about 100 years ago. Look up the Savage Model 1907 - ten shot, double stack, .32 acp. Really nice little gun.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/42896/Savage_1907_2_jpg-1997358.JPG
View Quote

The Savage 1907 is a strange developmental case.  Savage basically perfected the double-stack magazine way back in 1907.  And then the whole concept just sort of fucking vanished for a few decades.  Really weird.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

@apmonte
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@apmonte

@2ndamendmentknights

Things would get so jammed up that I had a hard time pulling back the slide. I originally thought I was having a problem with one of my magazines, but suspect it's a feed ramp issue. It wouldn't surprise me if there's something just not right with the design. I polished the feed ramp to mirror, as I do with most of my pistols, and that seems to have helped significantly.  I just don't have enough .380 stocked right now to run through it to gain enough confidence to put it into EDC rotation.  

I polished with some Flitz metal polish, using Conical Felt Point tips on my dogs cordless nail trimmer.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 12:35:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

@2ndamendmentknights

Things would get so jammed up that I had a hard time pulling back the slide. I originally thought I was having a problem with one of my magazines, but suspect it's a feed ramp issue. It wouldn't surprise me if there's something just not right with the design. I polished the feed ramp to mirror, as I do with most of my pistols, and that seems to have helped significantly.  I just don't have enough .380 stocked right now to run through it to gain enough confidence to put it into EDC rotation.  

I polished with some Flitz metal polish, using Conical Felt Point tips on my dogs cordless nail trimmer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@apmonte

@2ndamendmentknights

Ruger has some of the best customer service in the business.  If your gun doesn’t function contact them.  They will make it right
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top