Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 6:55:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll look at the Max when Ruger starts using something better than basic bluing for corrosion resistance on their slides or they offer a stainless model.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 7:54:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Picked up one today for $369

Ran about 75 rds thru it. Few weren’t going all the way into battery so I sanded and polished the chamber a bit. Seemed to fix it.

Source for 12 rd mags?

Fits in an owb holster I made for my lcp II

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 7:59:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Then the LCP1 is what you want. The only thing that would have made it better was a heel-type magazine release.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do we insist on taking a great pocket pistol (LCP1) and “evolving” it into a mediocre target pistol (LCP max)

I won't be using it for a "target" pistol.  It's a close range defensive pistol for me.

Then the LCP1 is what you want. The only thing that would have made it better was a heel-type magazine release.

I've got a LCP1.  I'll step up to the Max for the added capacity.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 8:06:42 PM EDT
[#4]
$386.99 at kygunco.com
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 8:10:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been carrying my LCPII alot lately with 2 reloads in my pocket.  I interested in this new pistol but not sure enough to swing it.  My LCPII disappears in my front pocket.  Looking at those comparison pics make it look substantially bigger...

Link Posted: 7/10/2021 8:11:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do we insist on taking a great pocket pistol (LCP1) and “evolving” it into a mediocre target pistol (LCP max)

I won't be using it for a "target" pistol.  It's a close range defensive pistol for me.

This, so much this except needed 32 ACP chambering as well.

It is a pocket pistol. A pocket pistol is meant to be fired single handed. The sights are not used, instead well practiced point shooting utilized. While there may be need for a rapid draw, the main emphasis is good situational awareness and the pistol extracted and gripped surreptitiously out of sight. Simultaneously one is figuring out how best to extract oneself from the situation without being forced to defend oneself.

A pocket pistol is intended to only defend oneself. If you are intending to defend your family then you should be carrying a holstered pistol.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 8:15:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Ran about 75 rds thru it. Few weren’t going all the way into battery so I sanded and polished the chamber a bit. Seemed to fix it.

Source for 12 rd mags?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/222048/D7382F41-16ED-42D1-A279-42F97661EA09_jpe-2009217.JPG
View Quote

Uh. Shopruger.com?
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 8:51:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

LMAO Have you seen all the idiots on here with shiny brand new guns with RMR, suppressor height irons, WML, and compensator mounted who claim they carry all that bullshit?

I'm always thinking, "Right, then why is there not a speck of dust or lint on the gun or holster?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
New sights on these suck for CCW. I like the gen 1 sights which are minimal that will not catch on a pocket holster and will glide out easily.

Those new long range sights are fine for 25 yard shots (you will never use sights with a CCW, it will be 6-12 feet at most).

If you need 25 yard (75 feet) sights for a CCW who ever you are shooting at will be deemed in your trial as "not being a threat" (reality).

Like I said for a pocket CCW these new long range sights suck ass for many reasons with their enhanced snag pocket pistol designs...stupid really if you understand it. I do like the double stack mags though but I want gen 1 sights that don't pull my pocket holster out with the gun when needed.

LMAO Have you seen all the idiots on here with shiny brand new guns with RMR, suppressor height irons, WML, and compensator mounted who claim they carry all that bullshit?

I'm always thinking, "Right, then why is there not a speck of dust or lint on the gun or holster?"

Don't forget the giant flared magwell.  Gotta have the giant flared magwell or you won't be able to reload those 25rd extended mags under stress.

Link Posted: 7/10/2021 9:05:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

"Guy who is jealous" too bad they wouldn't sell you a nail clippers .
View All Quotes
Quoted:

"Guy who is jealous" too bad they wouldn't sell you a nail clippers .

JFC……. Fuck off

Tired of getting shit for my nails hahaha
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 9:10:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Source for 12 rd mags?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/222048/D7382F41-16ED-42D1-A279-42F97661EA09_jpe-2009217.JPG
View Quote

Haven’t committed yet, but Buds has them for $31.80 plus theft and shipping

https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_info.php/products_id/138986/ruger+lcp+max+12rd+magazine

Gotta be someone else out there selling for cheaper
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 10:02:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 11:37:35 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Doing God’s work Sir
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 11:45:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'll look at the Max when Ruger starts using something better than basic bluing for corrosion resistance on their slides or they offer a stainless model.
View Quote

Ever heard of additive finishes?

Cerakote
Duracoat
Durabake
Aluma-Hyde
and finally….good old fashioned epoxy paint.

All of those will provide PLENTY of corrosion resistance in anything except severe marine environments.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 11:47:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Where are you guys buying these for 379?  Locally or online?
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 11:52:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I got mine for $382 OTD at cabelas with mil discount.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 11:52:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Got mine off gunbroker.  Taxes and shipping killed me.

My FFL couldn’t acquire one from his wholesalers
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 2:11:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It is a pocket pistol. A pocket pistol is meant to be fired single handed. The sights are not used, instead well practiced point shooting utilized. While there may be need for a rapid draw, the main emphasis is good situational awareness and the pistol extracted and gripped surreptitiously out of sight. Simultaneously one is figuring out how best to extract oneself from the situation without being forced to defend oneself.

A pocket pistol is intended to only defend oneself. If you are intending to defend your family then you should be carrying a holstered pistol.
View Quote
That's one POV.
Dead on about S.A and the "Forgotten Arm" strike from the pocket.
Personally I'd like the balance of speed and precision that good sights give.
I've had the LCP and the LCP2. With the mediocre sights and the excellent trigger I found the LCP2 to be faster and with capable of more precise placement. That's  a real advantage with a marginal caliber, limited capacity  and having the bad guy's body as my only backstop.
Now the Max offers good sights and real capacity in virtually the same envelope. Ruger has definitely raised the bar for pocket pistols. I hope it continues to work out well.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 6:26:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Cerakote
Duracoat
Durabake
Aluma-Hyde

All of those will provide PLENTY of corrosion resistance in anything except severe marine environments.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cerakote
Duracoat
Durabake
Aluma-Hyde

Sure. There's also a pile of guns out there meant for CCW that have a factory finish that is miles above basic bluing. I can add anything to a gun to make it better, but it costs me time and extra money to do so. Ruger needs to up their game in that department and mimic their competition.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 7:53:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Saw at two lgs for $369 and $389
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 8:46:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Next up is the Ruger LCP Super Ultra Max with a quad stack mag that holds 50rds of 32acp.

Link Posted: 7/11/2021 10:13:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Next up is the Ruger LCP Super Ultra Max with a quad stack mag that holds 50rds of 32acp.

https://i.imgur.com/2dwnztL.jpg
View Quote

I may try an experiment.
I only have one old 32 that doesn't like to feed right.
I believe that the tiny semi rim on the 32 case could be turned off and the resulting flush rim be enough.
All my other 32s work as designed.
It is in fact shitty magazines why that one has trouble though. Cz50\70.
But I believe most modern designs could be made to work better with a rimless 32.

But why.  But why not?
Yada yada Bing bang.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 2:57:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Can anybody who has one already post some size comparison photos vs. a gen 1 LCP with Hogue grip and 7rd mag?

https://www.rugerpistolforums.com/attachments/unholstered-jpg.4059/
View Quote

@Fowty

I carry (or should I say carried?) a 1 with Hogues, and a pinky extender on the 6 rd.  

Here ya go. Max has 10rd. Can barely see it under the 1 in the first pic. Virtually identical dimensionally and only a hair taller in the grip.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Max is thinner than the 1 with Hogues.

It's a winner.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 3:21:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

@Fowty

I carry (or should I say carried?) a 1 with Hogues, and a pinky extender on the 6 rd.  

Here ya go. Max has 10rd. Can barely see it under the 1 in the first pic. Virtually identical dimensionally and only a hair taller in the grip.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/268409/20210711_135043_jpg-2010095.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/268409/20210711_135107_jpg-2010096.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/268409/20210711_135115_jpg-2010097.JPG

It's a winner.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can anybody who has one already post some size comparison photos vs. a gen 1 LCP with Hogue grip and 7rd mag?

https://www.rugerpistolforums.com/attachments/unholstered-jpg.4059/

@Fowty

It's a winner.

Oh damn.

Nice.

I was thinking it would be a lot thicker than the LCP 1 with Hogue grip.

I need one now.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

My LGS has them for $329.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 7:24:00 AM EDT
[#25]
FYI - some of the early 12 round magazines won't lock the slide back on the last round.

It might be a good idea to test yours out. If they're defective, then contact Ruger CS and they'll get replacements out to you.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:53:32 AM EDT
[#26]
I like that they changed the magazine base design vs the LCP2 7-rd base

Damn near every other mag has the “overhang” to the front.

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:05:39 AM EDT
[#27]
I had a little accident with mine last week, went fishing and fell off the jetty rocks and into the surf.  Had my phone and Maxx in my pockets.

Waded back to the base of the jetty and walked about a mile back to the car, tossed the gun in the cooler  to slosh around and left it there until I got home that evening.  Flushed out with CorrosionX and left it in a ziploc baggie overnight, cleaned it all off the next day.

Not one little spec of rust. Shot just fine, even the carry load at the time fired after the dunking.

I wish my phone had been made by Ruger.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:31:38 PM EDT
[#28]
I wonder if the Crimson Trace green laser fits on this? Trigger guard looks to be the same dimension?

I like the LCP II, but never bought it. I might wait for the first special edition LCP Max with Cerakote or some other kind of finish.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 6:59:45 PM EDT
[#29]
I like the one I got, but I need to do something about the sights. Either it shoots way low, or more likely, the way it's zeroed just really doesn't work for me. I want that front dot in the bottom of the U-notch, and it seems to line up correctly if the dot is in the center of the top of the U.

Any suggestions on sights?
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 8:16:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

@Fowty

It's a winner.
View Quote

Thanks pal.  Now I don't have an excuse to keep my lcp.
Your comparison helped a lot.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 10:39:04 AM EDT
[#31]
I keep hearing it shoots way low because of the sights. For those that have it, how low and at what range?
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 10:57:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I keep hearing it shoots way low because of the sights. For those that have it, how low and at what range?
View Quote

mine is dead on out to 50 yards.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 10:59:08 AM EDT
[#33]
developed an issue with slide not returning to battery. happened at least once a mag with 3 types of ammo. ordered a 13# recoil spring set from wolf. 11# is the factory. a bit harder to rack but issue is gone.

Link Posted: 8/10/2021 9:25:02 PM EDT
[#34]
I really like this gun...nice sights, but it does shoot low.

All the lasers that fit the LCP II (on the trigger guard) will fit the 380 Max.  In my experience...

I am not sure how many rounds I went through, but it has to be well over 300 to 400 rounds.  Almost as fast as I could shoot...

I have 5 12 round mags. plus one 10 round mag...

Shot 7yd steel and 15yd steel targets...

Temp outside was about 90...bed of the truck was really hot to the touch..

Wife kept reloading my mags as I shot the targets...

The LCP Max gave up at close to 400 rounds...I could not pick up the gun (slide) because it was too hot...

It failed when the trigger bar fell out of its slot and did not allow the gun to fire...There is a steel sub skeleton that holds the trigger and hammer..surrounded by a polymer frame...that is how hot the polymer frame was...the trigger bar fell out of its slot...trigger bar is held in by the polymer frame...

Anyways...put the trigger bar back into its slot, and put the pistol in the shade..Let it cool...fired another couple of 12 round mags with no issue.

Shooting my 90gr leadhead reloads that went at 980fps in a LCPII.

This pistol just works...

ETA...Picked up the firearm on Saturday and did the shooting on Monday (yesterday)...did not clean the pistol...just lubed it up and shot it..

Link Posted: 8/10/2021 9:25:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Fowty

It's a winner.

Just doing my part to move product.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 9:28:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Heck, I still carry the O.G. the KelTec P3AT
LOL
I will get a few of these for my daughter's as they age up into CCDW.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 9:38:05 PM EDT
[#37]
I handled one last week & think it’s a winner. Really nice option for places like FL where it gets hot as balls.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 10:30:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Pretty impressed with the range reports - but I still am stuck on my stupid old p3at.

GLOCK:  It's your move.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 5:30:24 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Thanks, ordered 1 mag to add to the one I found in a gunshop yesterday.  Don't even have the pistol yet but it is coming.

Patrick
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 8:30:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My feeling is that the sight picture is not intuitive for some people.

It's a single dot, with a U-notch in the rear. For me, it's basically dead on with the dot lined up on the top of the sights, like this: --0--

But what I WANT to do, is line up the top of the sights - [] [] [] - and then it's low.

It just doesn't work well for me. I'm carrying it, until I replace them with something I like better, but I really think that's why it 'shoots low' - they're using a sight picture that it's not sighted for.

Link Posted: 8/14/2021 9:12:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
can you post or im what store?  
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 10:04:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got mine yesterday for $329.  Already bought a 12 round mag last week when I stumbled on one at a gunshop knowing I would get the pistol eventually.  Got another one inbound probably delivered today.  

Pat
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 9:59:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
developed an issue with slide not returning to battery. happened at least once a mag with 3 types of ammo. ordered a 13# recoil spring set from wolf. 11# is the factory. a bit harder to rack but issue is gone.

View Quote

Omg that brings me back to my lcp days. I went through 2 lcp’ s trying to get them to be 99.9% reliable. Sent them back, put it new rods, springs with no luck. Got rid of both. I would say i went through 2000 rnds just trying to get them reliable.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 2:41:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Ordered my LCP Max from Buds last week and it arrived at my local FFL a few days later.

I also order two of the 12-round magazines from Gunzone Deals thanks to post above and they arrived a day after the gun.

I am anxiously searching for .380 ammunition so I can try out my new acquisition.    

Does anyone know if a 'trigger guard laser' for an LCP II will also fit the LCP Max?
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if a 'trigger guard laser' for an LCP II will also fit the LCP Max?
View Quote

Yes it will fit
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 5:30:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

I picked one up while the kiddo was in town.  He put 30 rounds of UMC 95 gr ball through it.  It ran fine.

I'm still keeping my P3AT though, for times when a useable front sight is not a requirement.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 9:25:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Know a lot of folks here for whatever reason don’t like him.  But he doesn’t a decent job at reviewing guns

Link Posted: 8/20/2021 3:31:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Some might find my video of the hogue handball grip on the max helpful

https://youtu.be/CWbGDTb0iEE
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 3:33:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Know a lot of folks here for whatever reason don’t like him.  But he doesn’t a decent job at reviewing guns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRY857binNI
View Quote

Yeah I uh, I dunno why GD wouldn’t like Hickok45. No idea…
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 4:14:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
FYI - some of the early 12 round magazines won't lock the slide back on the last round.

It might be a good idea to test yours out. If they're defective, then contact Ruger CS and they'll get replacements out to you.
View Quote

I received 2 today and neither will lock the slide.

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top