Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 10:51:59 AM EDT
[#1]
They will sell a ton.

But , they would sell a zillion of them if there is a SOLID mag well adapter system for G19,Sig226,S&W MP,BerettaM92,Uzi,Colt etc etc.

Looking forward to this little item.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 11:32:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Welp, the newness wore off for me and the impulse to buy went away, I'm gonna pick one up after Knob creek.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 4:30:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They will sell a ton.

But , they would sell a zillion of them if there is a SOLID mag well adapter system for G19,Sig226,S&W MP,BerettaM92,Uzi,Colt etc etc.

Looking forward to this little item.
View Quote
Not sure they can make the vertical mags (Uzi, Colt, etc) work due to the magwell's slant, but Beretta/SIG/M&P/etc should be easy.

The carbine already ships with an included Glock magazine adapter in addition to the SR9 one. So Glock owners are already covered without even having to buy anything extra. That was a smart move on Ruger's part. Glock mags are cheap, plentiful, and have lots of good aftermarket versions.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 4:33:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
MAC has one in hand apparently.  @MilitaryArms hey buddy, do you want some arctic weather testing with that?

Edit:  Honestly, it looks a lot better in the real world instead of promo photos IMO.

https://www.facebook.com/militaryarms/

2018 is looking pretty bright given the down gun market since the election. Companies like Ruger are dropping some amazing new products like their new 9mm takedown Carbine. In the box you will find a takedown rifle very similar to the 10/22. It takes SR9 mags. It also includes a Glock magazine well adapter. It features a 1/2x28 threaded barrel and a 1913 rail machined into the receiver. It also has a last round hold open and adjustable length of pull stock. This is one cool rifle. Now if it shoots as good as it looks I think Ruger has a home run here. I can’t wait to get it to the range. My boys will love this gun and I can shorten the stock to accommodate them. I love the direct Ruger is going these days. I have one request to make this perfect - give me a 10mm version! ?? I love 9mm though so I’m quite content with it.

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/26173432_1795327133812411_7520490154307755011_o.jpg?oh=2e12c4b26542cd6ad467f0160e1e6f82&oe=5AED271C
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/26232204_1795327167145741_5263361166832335864_o.jpg?oh=dec013ce5014db19e8f21684be9380b2&oe=5AFC0168
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/26173130_1795327213812403_481491050134565221_o.jpg?oh=389fd2e45115e772f81905e0d578efad&oe=5ABC5D32
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/26173558_1795327250479066_5172356419577290330_o.jpg?oh=c05ba309ab2bef234ecfc0e9da026fd2&oe=5ABE11B4
View Quote
Oh my.  It shall be mine.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 4:43:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Kyguns showed in stick yesterday.

GrabaGun should have 1 left
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 7:35:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey guys, I have a video releasing here very soon.

In a nut shell, the gun is pretty cool. The only thing I can really ding it on so far is that mildly loaded range ammo will not properly cycle the gun with the Glock mag well conversion and using Glock factory mags. I had no issues with ammo like 124gr American Eagle and Fiocchi 124gr. Non-Glock magazines like those from ETS or SGM caused some issues. The ETS mags, once fully loaded (the 30 rounders) would bulge too much to fit in the mag well properly, but you could force them in. The SGM's would have the occasional hiccup and the 50 SGM drum had some issues too.

Glock mags and American Eagle or Fiocchi and the gun was good to go with no issues, at least my single copy of the gun is. Again, I have a sample set of one. I did talk to 22Plinkster who also has one and he too had issues with light range loads like Federal Syntech range ammo. For me it was Freedom range loads. With warmer loads his gun, like mine, worked without issue.

It also looks modular so you can swap out a mag well, bolt face, barrel and have a new caliber. Ruger has made no mention of offering it in other calibers though, but the gun certainly looks capable of taking a conversion kit.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

In a nut shell, the gun is pretty cool. The only thing I can really ding it on so far is that mildly loaded range ammo will not properly cycle the gun with the Glock mag well conversion and using Glock factory mags. I had no issues with ammo like 124gr American Eagle and Fiocchi 124gr. Non-Glock magazines like those from ETS or SGM caused some issues. The ETS mags, once fully loaded (the 30 rounders) would bulge too much to fit in the mag well properly, but you could force them in. The SGM's would have the occasional hiccup and the 50 SGM drum had some issues too.

Glock mags and American Eagle or Fiocchi and the gun was good to go with no issues, at least my single copy of the gun is. Again, I have a sample set of one. I did talk to 22Plinkster who also has one and he too had issues with light range loads like Federal Syntech range ammo. For me it was Freedom range loads. With warmer loads his gun, like mine, worked without issue.

It also looks modular so you can swap out a mag well, bolt face, barrel and have a new caliber. Ruger has made no mention of offering it in other calibers though, but the gun certainly looks capable of taking a conversion kit.
View Quote
Interesting. Did you try any Magpul Glock mags?
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 7:38:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
So you just admitted Freedom Munitions is shitty underloaded ammo. Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:54:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So you just admitted Freedom Munitions is shitty underloaded ammo. Thank you.
View Quote
If that's your take-away, then I suspect you have some sort of vendetta or chip on your shoulder. Out of all the guns I shoot every week, month and year guess how many have problems with Freedom 9mm?  This should give you a pretty good idea.

Freedom Munitions ammo - does it work well?

If you have something against Freedom Munitions, don't use it. I have fired over 90,000 rounds of their ammo and guess what? I've had more problems with Winchester White Box than I've had with Freedom in my collection of all sorts of oddball firearms which is why I continue to use Freedom. If Freedom starts to regularly fail me, I'll move on to something else. I'm under no contract and I'm paid by no company to promote their ammo. With that said, every major manufacturer offers me ammo to use. I use Freedom because 1) it's worked great for me and 2) it's affordable. Lots of people complain about the price of ammo so I use affordable ammo in the vast majority of my videos.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:13:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Interesting. Did you try any Magpul Glock mags?
View Quote
I didn't. I plan to do more shooting with it here in the near future and I will try Magpul mags. I mostly use the Glock OEM "happy sticks" in carbines because, well, it makes Chuck Schumer and Dianne Feinstein pull their hair out.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:34:03 PM EDT
[#11]
When running it suppressed did it function
any more reliably with the lighter loads?

And did you try any 147gr @ 850fps or anything similar to that?
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:37:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Does a G26 mag fit in the magwell?
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 11:25:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
When running it suppressed did it function
any more reliably with the lighter loads?

And did you try any 147gr @ 850fps or anything similar to that?
View Quote
When shooting suppressed I always run 147gr ammo. It ran fine. I didn't run supersonic ammo through it suppressed. 22Plinkster released his video it looks like today on the gun, so you can swing by his channel and check it out. He's running it suppressed in the video.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 11:25:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Does a G26 mag fit in the magwell?
View Quote
I don't have one to try. I hate the mini-Glocks.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 11:42:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Don’t have a G26 but has every flop of a gun that was produced from 1970-1998.

Keep up the good work. And for Gods sake get a G26.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 11:57:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
The video is great, but I would love it if you’d try a G26 mag (both OEM and Magpul).  You are in the gun business—surely you know someone who could hook you up!  Unfortunately, Ilive down by Cincy and it’d be a hike for me.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 6:26:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The video is great, but I would love it if you’d try a G26 mag (both OEM and Magpul).  You are in the gun business—surely you know someone who could hook you up!  Unfortunately, Ilive down by Cincy and it’d be a hike for me.
View Quote
There's a video on kygunco.com in which they state G26 magazines work.

https://kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=128676
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 6:40:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Waiting for my LGS to get some @435-...
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 7:28:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Waiting for my LGS to get some @435-...
View Quote
wow, that's a great price.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 7:29:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Just picked mine up, shoot tomorrow next to the Evo pistol

any questions or things you want a picture of?
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'd like a pic of it covered in glitter.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 7:46:12 PM EDT
[#22]
i'm all out of glitter.  i must have mailed it off somehwere
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 7:55:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 8:04:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Ruger -

Please make one of these in .30 carbine and take M1 Carbine Magazines. Keep it under $500.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeze.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 8:18:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Ruger -

Please make one of these in .30 carbine and take M1 Carbine Magazines. Keep it under $500.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeze.
View Quote
LOL

Obscure caliber and magazines for cheaper than the mass produced highly anticipated 9mm version

Great idea
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 8:30:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 8:32:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Ruger -

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeze.
View Quote
That would take a completely different rifle given the OAL of the .30 Carbine cartridge.

Fulton Armory makes a seemingly nice M1 Carbine. I'm hoping to get one eventually. I know the current crop of reproductions aren't fairing very well in the reviews I've seen, so I've held off on buying one.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 8:43:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Please hip fire it and tell me if you encounter problems. I know, it's a strange request, but I discovered mine has malfunctions if I don't properly shoulder it. This discovery came after filming and will have to be noted in a follow-up video. I'm currently disputing the demonetization with YouTube and won't release the current video until I have that resolved. I noted with mine that 1) it likes factory Glock magazines best and 2) some mildly loaded range ammo may not fully cycle the action. I had zero issues with Fiocchi 124's, ZQI 115gr hollow points, and Federal American Eagle 124's using OEM Glock mags, aside from the newly discovered issue of mine not reliably functioning when fired from the hip.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 8:54:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Please hip fire it and tell me if you encounter problems. I know, it's a strange request, but I discovered mine has malfunctions if I don't properly shoulder it. This discovery came after filming and will have to be noted in a follow-up video. I'm currently disputing the demonetization with YouTube and won't release the current video until I have that resolved. I noted with mine that 1) it likes factory Glock magazines best and 2) some mildly loaded range ammo may not fully cycle the action. I had zero issues with Fiocchi 124's, ZQI 115gr hollow points, and Federal American Eagle 124's using OEM Glock mags, aside from the newly discovered issue of mine not reliably functioning when fired from the hip.
View Quote
will do.
Not sure what ammo I've got, but i know several different flavors.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 12:26:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:  Please hip fire it and tell me if you encounter problems. I know, it's a strange request, but I discovered mine has malfunctions if I don't properly shoulder it. This discovery came after filming and will have to be noted in a follow-up video. I'm currently disputing the demonetization with YouTube and won't release the current video until I have that resolved. I noted with mine that 1) it likes factory Glock magazines best and 2) some mildly loaded range ammo may not fully cycle the action. I had zero issues with Fiocchi 124's, ZQI 115gr hollow points, and Federal American Eagle 124's using OEM Glock mags, aside from the newly discovered issue of mine not reliably functioning when fired from the hip.
View Quote
Can't we all just go to Full30 already?
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 12:57:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Nice.  How did it run?
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 1:00:52 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm wondering what effect a extended barrel will have on traditional 9mm defensive loadings, as we know most loadings are optimized to perform within a certain velocity range, I wonder if it would be necessary to run a bonded, or similar bullet to allay concerns of non-bonded bullets breaking up or under penetrating with the added velocity?

Or does 9mm burn so quick that it never reaches maximum velocity, which leads to the possibility of development of specially "carbine/subgun" loads with modern projectiles to take advantage of the longer barrel?

Don't matter I want at least one (maybe 2) of these, awaiting MAC's video.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 1:10:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm wondering what effect a extended barrel will have on traditional 9mm defensive loadings, as we know most loadings are optimized to perform within a certain velocity range, I wonder if it would be necessary to run a bonded, or similar bullet to allay concerns of non-bonded bullets breaking up or under penetrating with the added velocity?

Or does 9mm burn so quick that it never reaches maximum velocity, which leads to the possibility of development of specially "carbine/subgun" loads with modern projectiles to take advantage of the longer barrel?

View Quote
quite a few 9mm loads reach 357 mag velocities out of a 16" barrel (vs 357 out of a pistol)

But it doesn't seem that it is enough to cause bullet failure. A lot of the modern defensive loads are made to be somewhat velocity-blind.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 1:19:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:  I'm wondering what effect a extended barrel will have on traditional 9mm defensive loadings, as we know most loadings are optimized to perform within a certain velocity range, I wonder if it would be necessary to run a bonded, or similar bullet to allay concerns of non-bonded bullets breaking up or under penetrating with the added velocity?

View Quote
That's been an unaddressed issue in PCC's for some time.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 1:31:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I'm wondering what effect a extended barrel will have on traditional 9mm defensive loadings, as we know most loadings are optimized to perform within a certain velocity range, I wonder if it would be necessary to run a bonded, or similar bullet to allay concerns of non-bonded bullets breaking up or under penetrating with the added velocity?

I've noticed it with older Federal such as 9BP or 9BPLE, and its why my Sub2k and Camp 9 I use Hornady Critical Duty 135.

It seems to work better in a Carbine than it does in a pistol.

ETA:

I of course, shoot 147 HST in my pistols, and it seems fine in the longer barrels, but I have some Critical Duty left from when that was all that was available (along with the 9BP/LE) so I use it as cheap insurance, and I already have some.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 1:54:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Keep in mind that loads optimized for long barrels might mess with a blowback gun. I never read up but I feel like I remember people having trouble with some hot loads in blowback guns.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 12:19:50 PM EDT
[#37]
@MilitaryArms

Shot a few hundred rounds. All through G19 mags as that's all I have right now.

Winchester white box 115 gr.
PMC Bronze 115 gr
Prvi Partizan 158 gr

Hornady critical defense 135 gr
Federal hydrashok 124 gr
Speer Gold dot 124 gr

No issues at all. I shot a mixture of suppressed and unsuppressed.

Hip firing worked fine.  Bump fires quite easily.

Shot side by side with the CZ Scorpion pistol.  I'll clean and sell the CZ.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

LOL

Obscure caliber and magazines for cheaper than the mass produced highly anticipated 9mm version

Great idea
View Quote
I can dream can't I???
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 3:30:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
@MilitaryArms

Shot a few hundred rounds. All through G19 mags as that's all I have right now.

Winchester white box 115 gr.
PMC Bronze 115 gr
Prvi Partizan 158 gr

Hornady critical defense 135 gr
Federal hydrashok 124 gr
Speer Gold dot 124 gr

No issues at all. I shot a mixture of suppressed and unsuppressed.

Hip firing worked fine.  Bump fires quite easily.

Shot side by side with the CZ Scorpion pistol.  I'll clean and sell the CZ.
View Quote

Since that was the PCC I was looking at getting in the future, this is an interesting statement. Would you care to elaborate on the comparison between the two?
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 3:43:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Since that was the PCC I was looking at getting in the future, this is an interesting statement. Would you care to elaborate on the comparison between the two?
View Quote
Being heavier the recoil is better managed, shared mags with my G19, slimmer mags without a bulge at the end, I like the iron sights on the Ruger better. Same type, but the rear aperture being further away suits me better.

For me, the Ruger just felt and shot better, which surprised me.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 3:52:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
MSRP?
View Quote
Idc. They had me at take down and glock mags!
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 3:54:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Have you shot it suppressed yet?
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 3:54:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Being heavier the recoil is better managed, shared mags with my G19, slimmer mags without a bulge at the end, I like the iron sights on the Ruger better. Same type, but the rear aperture being further away suits me better.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks, that's good to know

with the takedown system it isn't a significantly bigger size to transport, either
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 4:25:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

with the takedown system it isn't a significantly bigger size to transport, either
View Quote
as it shipped, the longer part is 20.5".  It comes with 4 total .25" plates for LOP adjustment, 2 of which are installed.

I'm anxiously awaiting Magpul to release one similar to X-22
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 4:27:02 PM EDT
[#45]
After watching Full30s review on FB the other day this thing really does look interesting.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 4:30:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
as it shipped, the longer part is 20.5".  It comes with 4 total .25" plates for LOP adjustment, 2 of which are installed.

https://www.magpul.com/Files/Files/Images/Products/ButtStocks/MAG808/Single/MAG808-rifle-4.png?format=jpg&width=950&height=450
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.magpul.com/Files/Files/Images/Products/ButtStocks/MAG808/Single/MAG808-rifle-4.png?format=jpg&width=950&height=450
that would be pretty awesome
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 5:22:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Missed it by 1 millimeter.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 8:02:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I can dream can't I???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

Great idea
I can dream can't I???
That's why I asked earlier in this thread if magwell adapters could be 3D printed, or if they need to be harder than plastic materials.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 8:13:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
That's why I asked earlier in this thread if magwell adapters could be 3D printed, or if they need to be harder than plastic materials.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

Great idea
I can dream can't I???
You could probably make one on a 3d printer, but you'd probably either have to really beef it up or have room for inserts to make it stronger.  From the photos, it looks like the magwells are some kind of fiberfill nylon, probably GFN 6-6 or similar.  Mind you, I'm not an engineer so grain of salt and all on my post.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 8:46:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You could probably make one on a 3d printer, but you'd probably either have to really beef it up or have room for inserts to make it stronger.  From the photos, it looks like the magwells are some kind of fiberfill nylon, probably GFN 6-6 or similar.  Mind you, I'm not an engineer so grain of salt and all on my post.
View Quote
There are no markings on the mag inserts, but they feel like a glass filled nylon.
The Ruger insert has several metal components, with the ejector being molded in. There is also a transfer bar for the bolt hold open, and a spring loaded pawl for something on the front, no idea what it's for.

So, could you 3D print the entire thing? Not if you want it to last more than a few rounds
@NorthPolar
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top