BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 8:42:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Oh I know. It's just amusing that there are still people out there that won't buy a Ruger anything over what he said about hi-cap magazines years ago. Those 7 people still holding that grudge must be an absolute riot to hang out with.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess I need a reminder how Ruger supports the ATF, or are people still holding a grudge against Bill because he said something stupid decades ago?

Bill's dead.

Oh I know. It's just amusing that there are still people out there that won't buy a Ruger anything over what he said about hi-cap magazines years ago. Those 7 people still holding that grudge must be an absolute riot to hang out with.

I've read this trope a million times but I've never found someone on the internet or in real life that actually felt that way. S&W and the Hillary hole, yes.

Bill is dead and since then Ruger did good work for a long time till they decided to tow the party line and clip their own nuts. Love their products, own a bunch, carried a SR9c for years.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 8:42:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Give me a break. This absolutism shit is obnoxious
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope. They testified in front of a congressional committee last month about how they love and support the ATF. On video.

This is why the left wins
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 8:48:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:  Comparing to the POF Rogue, wondering what could be done to get the Ruger's weight down closer to a Rogue.

Ruger 6.8 lb. vs. POF 5.9
• POF MFT stock 5.8oz vs. Ruger Magpul stock 9.6oz.
• Grip pretty meh negligible: POF MFT 2.2oz. vs Ruger Magpul 2.8oz.
• Don't know weight, but you gotta figure that little Micro B single port comp POF uses is lighter than that big Ruger one. (I love how Ruger embraced the hate and called it the "Boomer" muzzle brake. :) ) Either way, it'd be a wash once the factory comp gets tossed and a silencer mount was installed.
• POF has an uninterrupted rail on top (but 11"), whereas Ruger (15") shaved the pic slots off the top of theirs to save weight/get better over-rail grip. POF has some rail sections on the 6 o'clock bottom, whereas Ruger has only MLOK slots. Apples-to-apples, the weight might cancel out there, but putting a 11" rail on the Ruger would get an ounce or two off.

Anything else stick out that is changeable / heavier?

I'm intrigued by the "Venting holes in the upper receiver, barrel extension, and bolt carrier ensure that excess gas is directed safely away from the user." feature. Suppressor envisioned? Ruger has a 4-position rotary-regulator gas block included, which the Rogue does not.

Either way, S'FAR, S'good.
View Quote

This looks a lot more like the late Remington/DPMS Gen 2 than a POF Rogue.  The lower receiver, upper receiver, & thus bolt carrier are all close to Gen 2 length rather than Rogue length.

If it's not parts compatible w/ DPMS Gen 2, then bravo, yet another proprietary .308 class AR.  If it is the 1st major parts compatible post-Remington DPMS Gen 2, then it will sell very, very well.

On closer inspection, it does look very similar to the Rogue:

Link Posted: 9/6/2022 8:52:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m gonna wait a little bit, but I like it!
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 8:57:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope. They testified in front of a congressional committee last month about how they love and support the ATF. On video.

Because of toxic people like you stirring the pot?
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 9:46:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Would buy ,   bought the Gen 2 RPR and it needed changes so I'll let them build a few first .    Have an SR 556 and would have bought an SR 762 .
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 9:51:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yea, thats my point.  An 8.6 is built on an AR10/.308 sized gun.  I think the SFAR in 8.6...closer in weight and size to a 5.56/.300 Blackout  AR would be kinda cool.
View Quote

I just drooled all over my phone. By the rules of the internet and the FSA I am irresponsible for my actions, and you owe me a new one. I'll take payment in ammo and small frame 8.6s.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 9:53:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I've read this trope a million times but I've never found someone on the internet or in real life that actually felt that way. S&W and the Hillary hole, yes.

Bill is dead and since then Ruger did good work for a long time till they decided to tow the party line and clip their own nuts. Love their products, own a bunch, carried a SR9c for years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess I need a reminder how Ruger supports the ATF, or are people still holding a grudge against Bill because he said something stupid decades ago?

Bill's dead.

Not once? I find that hard to believe. If you have never read it in GD before, you never paid attention. It's a rare occasion that it isn't said at least once in Ruger-specific threads.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 10:01:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the largest corporations to the smallest flower shop, everything you consume, watch, and worship lives in mortal fear of stirring up the ire of the left.
God forbid a single black mother, transvestite, or obese person be slighted and single handedly engineer ANY public dissent towards their products.

MEANWHILE, the right actively funds entities that don't wholeheartedly support them. Ruger could have very easily said "our cooperation and relationship with the ATF is strictly due to the terms of running a legal operation. Frankly, the vast onus of their interaction, mandate, and efforts seems to place an undue burden on legal manufacturers and law abiding consumers, and does not seem to have a material impact on crime".

And we wonder why the entire world caters to the left? The right will just nod in agreement at Fox news, go angrily mow the law, and maybe bitch at bowling league.

The left organizes and is heard.

I'm toxic?

I'm realistic and disgusted.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 10:04:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 10:04:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

what does .308 do better than 6.5?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good on Ruger

.308 > 6.5
DI > Piston

My opinion

muh surplus ball ammo
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 10:07:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

From the largest corporations to the smallest flower shop, everything you consume, watch, and worship lives in mortal fear of stirring up the ire of the left.
God forbid a single black mother, transvestite, or obese person be slighted and single handedly engineer ANY public dissent towards their products.

MEANWHILE, the right actively funds entities that don't wholeheartedly support them. Ruger could have very easily said "our cooperation and relationship with the ATF is strictly due to the terms of running a legal operation. Frankly, the vast onus of their interaction, mandate, and efforts seems to place an undue burden on legal manufacturers and law abiding consumers, and does not seem to have a material impact on crime".

And we wonder why the entire world caters to the left? The right will just nod in agreement at Fox news, go angrily mow the law, and maybe bitch at bowling league.

I'm toxic?

View Quote
So you supported your position as to why you're choosing to be toxic?

Groovy. You should first work on freeing CT first, or are wanting more of that by trying to spread quarrel within the 2A community over what, hurt feelings? Ruger said a CYA, they just didn't do it your way. Castillo is right, the absolutism BS within our ranks is what's killing us.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 10:08:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good on Ruger

.308 > 6.5
DI > Piston

My opinion

What does his opinion stating that it was just his opinion, harm us as a whole?
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 10:08:44 PM EDT
[#14]
ruger ..just another me too low end rifle.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 10:09:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

muh surplus ball ammo
View Quote

muh not understanding how availability and cheap ammo works for folks not wanting to shoot past 500 and don't plan on shooting any matches
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 10:09:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good on Ruger

.308 > 6.5
DI > Piston

My opinion

One could argue that it is more effective on big game under 300 yards
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 10:11:27 PM EDT
[#17]
If G2 parts fit and it's priced fair I'll buy one. I have a brand new .260 Remington G2 barrel I have no use for just sitting around.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 10:12:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 10:13:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

muh not understanding how availability and cheap ammo works for folks not wanting to shoot past 500 and don't plan on shooting any matches
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

muh surplus ball ammo

Sounds like a great job for a normal ar15
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 10:14:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 10:15:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What does his opinion stating that it was just his opinion, harm us as a whole?
View Quote

When he’s called a narcissist everyone has to drink!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 10:16:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

The irony here being that 6.5 isn’t legal for any match this gun would be competitive in.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What the fuck are you talking about? Maybe you can explain where I said it was harmful? Jesus christ man, I asked the guy an honest question about a simple statement.

Relax.
View Quote

Get ready for the ignore list, my dude.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 10:17:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Get your common sense out of my GD!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 10:21:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

What the fuck are you talking about? Maybe you can explain where I said it was harmful? Jesus christ man, I asked the guy an honest question about a simple statement.

Relax.
View Quote

I am relaxed more than those who prefer 6.5 over 308, that's what the fuck I am on about. And if he gave you an answer, would you accept it without trying to change POV's?

Link Posted: 9/6/2022 10:23:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

muh surplus ball ammo

Or an AR10 in 308 that can handle the wind better. I've done both at 500, an AR10 in 308 does it better. But you do you, boo and do it your way while others continue to do it their way.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 10:28:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 10:29:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Groovy. You should first work on freeing CT first, or are wanting more of that by trying to spread quarrel within the 2A community over what, hurt feelings? Ruger said a CYA, they just didn't do it your way. Castillo is right, the absolutism BS within our ranks is what's killing us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm toxic?

Kinda creepy you remembered where I live, but I don't blame you, CT sucks and AZ is awesome.

You are using some words in a strange way, or you don't perceive the actual situation clearly.

You are ascribing my criticism of a fundamentally destructive behavior of the right towards "toxicity, starting quarrels, absolutionism".

What I am telling you, as someone who saw it first hand in CT, the right needs to learn how to leverage entities more powerful than themselves, especially entities they provide active financial support, and that are capable of wielding that in meaningful ways.

I'm guessing you may work for Ruger, or have some fondness for them due to proximity? Great company, strongly misguided attitude towards the future. They are thinking 5yrs down the road, immediate survival. They are not thinking 10, 20, 50yrs.

Look at Sig. Actively fought the ATF in court on muzzle brakes that could be converted into suppressors. Not afraid. Still goes and gets the new military rifle contract. Smart.

Ruger, taking a milktoast stance on oppressive extralegal shenanigans, while mainly a mass consumer product focused organization. Their customers are the very people hurt by that bullshit. Absolutely nonsensical.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 10:30:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good on Ruger

.308 > 6.5
DI > Piston

My opinion

Based on that logic one could argue 6.5G is a better hunting cartridge than 6.5C in a smaller package.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 10:53:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:  If G2 parts fit and it's priced fair I'll buy one. I have a brand new .260 Remington G2 barrel I have no use for just sitting around.
View Quote

Looking like the G2 bolt carrier won't fit unless they're pushing it into the buffer tube while in battery.  Would  make shotgunning a wee bit difficult.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 11:55:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:On closer inspection, it does look very similar to the Rogue:
View Quote

Here's a scaled photoshop, I think the can and scope are pretty to scale as well. Went off the PMAG, because that is a constant to scale off of.
On the Ruger, I'm concerned that you couldn't fit a clip-on NV or thermal on that little chunk of top rail in front of a LPVO, much less a big scope. POF potential win there with a shorter, but more useful full rail. I like the Ruger's long rail for resting on the deer blind windowsill, obstacles, putting a bipod out farther, etc. Wouldn't be hard to cut MLOK openings in that top Ruger rail though (if they aren't there already).

.308 is arguably better in sub-400yrd shorter barrel firearms vs. 6.5C. The faster, flatter shooting Creed gets better than .308 as distance grows and barrels get longer. A short (16" down to 12.5"), hog hunting gun that I can run at sub-300 yard distances is what a lot of Texas hunters would be looking for, whereas the 6.5 is better for long distance. Yes, I can kill pigs with a 5.56mm, and often do, or I can get 300Blk, but on the Texas lease I have access to there's deer I wouldn't want to chance a humane kill on with the little .22, nice to have a one size fits all short range SBR. Not to mention .45 cent plinking ammo for the .308 vs. $1+ per 6.5 round...
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 11:57:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Based on that logic one could argue 6.5G is a better hunting cartridge than 6.5C in a smaller package.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good on Ruger

.308 > 6.5
DI > Piston

My opinion

I’d need to see your work on that. I’m not sure how going to a significantly smaller case would make it more effective on game. 308 and 6.5 Creedmoor are pretty much the same size with the 308 able to shoot heavier bullets. 6.5 Grendel is quite a bit smaller and less powerful with even lighter bullets.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 12:00:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Or an AR10 in 308 that can handle the wind better. I've done both at 500, an AR10 in 308 does it better. But you do you, boo and do it your way while others continue to do it their way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

muh surplus ball ammo

Some of guys really seem to take this stuff personally. Shooting out to 500 with cheap ball in either caliber isn’t going to be any kind of precision game.

I love my 16” AR10 but in my opinion most of the advantages really come into play with premium bullets/ammo.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 12:26:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

If I’m only shooting out to 500 yards I’ll take 5.56 with a heavy OTM over .308 any day.

It’s just easier to shoot and you’re not really giving up much in terms of drop or drift.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 12:28:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Wait, you're serious?

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/raw-355.gif

It's a shame I didn't bring a .308 to the tactical games sniper challenge. I wonder what my hold would have been at 1200? Roughly mars?

Every caliber has it's place. I'm a huge fan of both calibers.

Why the fuck not? Some dude already a made a great use-case for .308. He's right too.
View Quote

This is his whole shtick, dude. At this point I think he has half the forum on ignore.

Just roll with it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 1:04:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This is his whole shtick, dude. At this point I think he has have the forum on ignore.

Just roll with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait, you're serious?

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/raw-355.gif

It's a shame I didn't bring a .308 to the tactical games sniper challenge. I wonder what my hold would have been at 1200? Roughly mars?

Every caliber has it's place. I'm a huge fan of both calibers.

Why the fuck not? Some dude already a made a great use-case for .308. He's right too.

This is his whole shtick, dude. At this point I think he has have the forum on ignore.

Just roll with it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 1:13:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good on Ruger

.308 > 6.5
DI > Piston

My opinion

Not at all the logic I used.

Does the 6.5G have 200-300 more ft lbs of energy than the 6.5CM out to 300-400 yards ?  No it doesn’t

Does the .308 deliver 200-300 more ft lbs of energy over the 6.5CM at that range?  Yes it does
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 4:28:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

4140 isn’t a great choice for a heavy use barrel when 4150 is widely available.

If that’s actually what it is.
View Quote

It's a Nitrided Cold Hammer-Forged 4140 barrel with 5R rifling. It will do fine.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 4:34:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Are you going to buy a 20” one, @Beamy?
View Quote

I'd prefer the 20".
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 4:43:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It's also hammer forged... I wonder if there's much difference with how quickly it wears out the tooling there.

Regardless, it negates "finishing" as an issue, since they aren't button rifling or lapping the bore.
View Quote

It is a hammer-forged barrel that is also nitrided with 5R rifling. It's gonna last many many rounds.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 4:46:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I was prepared to hate it. But I love it. I want one.
View Quote

Like!
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 4:52:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Longer barrel life.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 5:09:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Oh boy, people who don't own this type of rifle and people who live in lefty states which prohibit owning such (strange that those posters are usually such incredulous contrarians) say this is a No No. To be such an unhappy primate, I suppose. ??

I'm sorry it's such a clusterfuck in regards to owning basic ARs in different calibers. But let's all ease off on each other. We don't win in tiny sections, see the battlefield and join in. ??
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 6:00:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Looking like the G2 bolt carrier won't fit unless they're pushing it into the buffer tube while in battery.  Would  make shotgunning a wee bit difficult.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  If G2 parts fit and it's priced fair I'll buy one. I have a brand new .260 Remington G2 barrel I have no use for just sitting around.

@backbencher

Then may the fuck be upon me. I will find a G2 some day for the right price and refit it to .260.  I made out like a bandit when freedom group went under. I bought a lot of parts when they were with the  liquidation company and built a glorious 28 inch .960 barreled .308. Same company that liquidated the American 55X Sig line.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 6:28:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Bushmaster (and then later RRA) made an FAL-based .308 AR.

It's a chonky boy.

(ETA: that's a 16" on the top and an 18" on the bottom, lol)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/138374/20211230_135607-2222034.jpg
View Quote

Bushmaster BAR-10 modified A2 20" with an Ace skeleton stock.

Attachment Attached File

All the AR's pictured are old Bushmasters and mostly oddballs except for the top A2 with an A3 carry handle. The RRA you mentioned (LAR-8) is actually the grandson of the Bushmaster BAR-10 and was initially a RRA design that was licensed to Bushmaster. The "modification" designated a change to the bolt in later models and the rifle will say BAR-10 MOD on the side. The rifle was produced for a very short time (along with the other oddballs). Due to the fact in order to use the FN-FAL mags, one of the locking lugs was removed from the bolt. Many at the time thought that was a weak point and as time went on, there were reports that the bolts were in fact breaking. This much was true but it was the tail of the bolt, not the bolt face. There was a score mark 1/2" up from the end of the tail where it would snap off and also poor heat treatment. The broken tail section didn't effect the rifle but the damage was done. The score was removed and properly heat treated in the later models but due to the high cost of the rifle and the rumors of the rifles breaking, they dropped it after a year or so and released the license back to RRA who sat on it for a few years before re-releasing it as the LAR-8. Many of the parts are interchangeable. The benefit of using the FN-FAL mags were at the time they were only about $5.00 new in packaging for pre 94's and plentiful as opposed to Armalites that were like 6X that.

If you're interested in more history from the ABC era, the M-forgery on the bottom has a factory camouflage pattern on it. This one has the dessert but they made an Arctic (probably the rarest) and a hardwood. It was proprietary in that you couldn't just order the furniture. If you needed to replace a broken hand guard per say, you would need to send the broken one in. These to were short lived and discontinued. After a couple years Bushmaster decided to clean out the warehouse and offered odds and ends for sale so I picked up an extra bolt assembly for the 308 (just to have) and a set of the hand guards for the third oddball.

The stand alone upper is another oddity. It's in .22LR. Again, only made for a very short time. It was made when the only options you had to use .22's in your AR was to get a conversion kit like a Ciener conversion kit. I guess they were "okay" but not all that much by way of accuracy. The upper was built for .22's by way of barrel twist and such. It is extremely accurate. I use it primarily on the carbine hence the hand guard change.

For the time, Bushmaster (pre-Cerebus, now Wyndham weaponry) was pretty innovated and pushed things more so then most. Here's a link to an old catalog where some of these are found if you're into specs.

2004 catalog

Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:13:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:22:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

This looks a lot more like the late Remington/DPMS Gen 2 than a POF Rogue.  The lower receiver, upper receiver, & thus bolt carrier are all close to Gen 2 length rather than Rogue length.

If it's not parts compatible w/ DPMS Gen 2, then bravo, yet another proprietary .308 class AR.  If it is the 1st major parts compatible post-Remington DPMS Gen 2, then it will sell very, very well.

https://www.ruger.com/productImages/5610/detail/1.jpg

https://pof-usa.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Rogue-308-1024x288.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Comparing to the POF Rogue, wondering what could be done to get the Ruger's weight down closer to a Rogue.

Ruger 6.8 lb. vs. POF 5.9
• POF MFT stock 5.8oz vs. Ruger Magpul stock 9.6oz.
• Grip pretty meh negligible: POF MFT 2.2oz. vs Ruger Magpul 2.8oz.
• Don't know weight, but you gotta figure that little Micro B single port comp POF uses is lighter than that big Ruger one. (I love how Ruger embraced the hate and called it the "Boomer" muzzle brake. :) ) Either way, it'd be a wash once the factory comp gets tossed and a silencer mount was installed.
• POF has an uninterrupted rail on top (but 11"), whereas Ruger (15") shaved the pic slots off the top of theirs to save weight/get better over-rail grip. POF has some rail sections on the 6 o'clock bottom, whereas Ruger has only MLOK slots. Apples-to-apples, the weight might cancel out there, but putting a 11" rail on the Ruger would get an ounce or two off.

Anything else stick out that is changeable / heavier?

I'm intrigued by the "Venting holes in the upper receiver, barrel extension, and bolt carrier ensure that excess gas is directed safely away from the user." feature. Suppressor envisioned? Ruger has a 4-position rotary-regulator gas block included, which the Rogue does not.
Either way, S'FAR, S'good.

https://www.ruger.com/productImages/5610/detail/1.jpg

https://pof-usa.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Rogue-308-1024x288.png

Of course it does....it's an AR platform rifle
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:46:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I just drooled all over my phone. By the rules of the internet and the FSA I am irresponsible for my actions, and you owe me a new one. I'll take payment in ammo and small frame 8.6s.
View Quote

Lol.  Not my fault if you dont keep a good waterproof case on your phone.   I wonder how many it would take for Faxon to do a run of 12" SFAR barrels in 8.6 ????
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:53:27 AM EDT
[#49]
I would like to know exactly how Ruger saved ~1.2 lbs against the tread 716i.

Something like
X lbs lighter weight handguard
Y lbs lighter weight barrel
Z lbs lighter weight receiver pair
Etc

I just don't understand where that weight came from. My guess is the big hitter is the barrel profile, and then a bit more from receiver.

I only guess this from seeing various AR15 barrel weight differences due to contour / profile variations.

I don't want to get the SFAR and find out I've got a pencil barrel. Looking at you SCAR 17.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 9:01:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Lol.  Not my fault if you dont keep a good waterproof case on your phone.   I wonder how many it would take for Faxon to do a run of 12" SFAR barrels in 8.6 ????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I just drooled all over my phone. By the rules of the internet and the FSA I am irresponsible for my actions, and you owe me a new one. I'll take payment in ammo and small frame 8.6s.

Buy bbl extension from Ruger.  Buy 8.6mm bbl blank.  Send both w/ bolt to Paladin Machine in South Carolina.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top