Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:05:59 AM EDT
[#1]
According to the OP, no one has ever qualified with an M4 on a range.

Decades of qual ranges pencil whipped. Worse than our lack of capability with small arms, is our military's decades long lack of integrity.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:06:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This is my first inclination. I've got both free and non-free floating rigs, and the only real difference between them is the barrel nut and the handguard itself. Free-floats tend to be heavier in order to support the load, but screwing FF fore ends onto M4s don't exactly require a re-engineered rifle.

Which is why I don't understand why every infantry rifle we issue doesn't have a can hanging off it.

Sniff... Never thought I'd see the day where Combat Engineers were the front line troop of choice.
View Quote

Im not exaggerating when i say my old 7" troy handguard was lighter than the OEM plastic handguard + delta ring on my M&P ~ 5 years ago.

Now you can go significantly lighter. I.e. KMRs.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:20:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Our general issue rifle is capable of a point of impact shift of up to 15MOA, depending on how it's held.
View Quote

Stop
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:27:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Free float is overrated. It's better than no free float but not that big of a deal. I believe the difference of moa is exaggerated.
View Quote

While I agree with you, I also wonder why they don't just do it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:42:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So sad that the US uses 9lb carbines.
View Quote

I'm pretty sure you meant 6.5lb carbines that a bunch of stuff gets mounted to
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:51:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Is this one of those threads where OP tries to defend Thermopylae?
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:52:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Did you get that weight estimate with or without add on's?

View Quote

I think he got that by weighing an AK and being sarcastic.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:57:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

While I agree with you, I also wonder why they don't just do it.
View Quote
Because everything the conventional side uses that mounts to the rails are for STANAG 1913 and quads tend to be heavy once you're past the carbine length. The same FF would have to be M203 or M320 compatible as well. Sure, you could do something like the bolt on rails like the now discontinued DD MFR, but can those bolt on's handle the recoil of the high-low system enough to not be a concern?

And no, the answer is not to buy mounts to mount a 1913 attachment.  Rail sections is cheaper and more cost effective if they were to do that.

This is a case of just because I like it and want them to have it, doesn't mean it's in the best interests for the military.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 2:04:07 AM EDT
[#9]
I cannot believe this thread is still going.  This thread is bad and OP should feel bad for starting it.  Suicide just may be the only way to redeem yourself.  

The average soldier would see less benefit from a free float rail than they would from more range time and instruction on general marksmanship.  If I can qualify with wobbly irons or a CCO that keeps blinking out, then the rifle is accurate enough for anybody.  And nobody does that tight sling b.s., it is hard enough to move and shoot with armor on without having to be constrained by a rediculously tight sling.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 2:08:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I don't know for sure.  My point was to illustrate the massive expenditure the Russians just undertook with the upgrade "kits" and how such an expenditure would not make sense if a "new" ak12 were in the works. The kits do not match the pics of the new ak12.  There are distinct differences.  The kits are direct, bolt on units designed to be installed by the end users (supposedly).  Differences are the 100 series folding buttstock is replaced by an m4 style buttstock with multiple position tube, CAA lookalike grip, uber stupid handguard, vert front grip, uber stupid top handguard (looks useless), FS/GB () - uh....that's not being replaced in the field, and last and most intriguing is the top rail and rear trunnion tensioner.  There is exactly ONE picture on the internet of this piece, but it leaves a bit to the imagination.  Given most of the replacement parts, it seems this would also follow a super easy install method like all the others, but I can't figure out how it mounts to the rear trunnion yet.  I'm an AK nut, so any corrections or follow up would be extremely welcome.  The biggest and most obvious difference between the finished RATNIK AK74 upgraded rifle and the "new" AK12 is the rear sight base.  The AK12 is built from the ground up to accept the picatinny rail, whereas the RATNIK upgrade kit adapts to the original rear sight base via a pin and has a simple folding rear sight in between the contoured "wings".  The other, less obvious difference, is in the rear latch mechanism to secure the rail to the rear trunnion.  The RATNIK kit has a subtle lever outside the thumb button section combined with a tension catch underneath the machine cover.  The new AK12 has something different.

So, yes, it appears the new AK12 is just a remanufactured version of the AK74 instead the the pretty cool version they came out with a couple years ago.  BUT, they are not the RATNIK upgrade kit added to an existin AK74 that were announced a while back.  They appear to be a newly manufactured firearm.  Hence, my argument still stands.  I don't understand why Russia would drop all that money on the kits only to replace them with "newish" firearms so soon afterwards.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
View Quote

Nice reply. Was hoping this thread would be full of more responses like this rather than the "M4 is a 15 MOA rifle" posts. RATNIK seems to be a general upgrade of infantry gear, with the rifles only being part of it. So if I understood you correctly:

RATNIK  upgrade kit = standard issue.
"New" AK-12 = limited issue and different from the RATNIK kit, but functionally similar. These are new built, but are still standard AKs underneath.

Seems logical. I can see them buying a number of these and then adopting an entirely new design 5 or so years from now. That is what they are doing for other types of equipment. For example, they're upgrading older T-72Bs to the B3 standard, which brings them roughly up to par with a factory built T-90 or T-90A in some areas. At the same time they are buying the all new T-14. Likewise, they have bought some Su-35s, are upgrading older Su-27s to the SM2 standard and buying the replacement T-50 PAK FA. Same with the MIG-29; buying new MIG-35s while actively designing a replacement.

Seems to be what Russia is doing in general. A mix of upgrading old equipment, building new variations of older designs with improvements from the factory while also buying entirely new designs or developing them. So I can't be sure, but I assume the AK-12 was seen as sub par, hence RATNIK upgrade kits to hold over until a new design comes out. I could be wrong though.

Do you happen to know what stock this is?

Looks like an AK-107. Rear looks similar to the "new" AK-12. Wonder if they're compatible with the older AK-74M.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 2:32:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This is the dumbest fucking thing I think I've ever read on the internet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How far behind are we. What is out there to improve on the M4?

The rail system?

A free float rail is the difference between hitting and missing targets at 100M in combat.

This is the dumbest fucking thing I think I've ever read on the internet.

OP is tarded

Is OP 15 years old?
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 2:35:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Uhm... Not to be taking either side here, and I'm also doubting the big number, but just math...

If you have a 5moa rifle, and you load it with 3moa ammo (just for instance), you have a range of between dead fucking nuts, and 8moa for actual target impact, depending on attributes outside of your control.

If you swap rifles to a, say, 2moa rifle... okay, it's an AK, and everybody here hates AKs, so we'll call it a 2.5moa rifle. Feed that exact same 3moa ammo into it and you've got dead fucking nuts to 5.5moa.

5.5moa is still better than 8. WHATEVER you can (reasonably) do to minimize the role of RNJesus in the equation, you should do so. Just sayin'.

I love that guys are taking this quote, which was the response of an idiot to a guy who was arguably the smartest man on the planet at that time, and applying it as though it's an insult.  And you're all doing it completely unironically.  

Not taking sides here, just pointing that out.

6.5 Creedmoor is a .308 length (And, hence, not good candidate for M4 upchambering) round based on the old .300 Savage. Very good long range cartridge that uses very slippery bullets. Think 6.5 grendel with an extra couple hundred yards of reach.
View Quote

I'm not sure if you're implying than an M4 is less precise than an AK, that US ball ammo is less precise than Russian ammo, or if you're just confused.

You also missed the joke on Criedmoor.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 2:41:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Nice reply. Was hoping this thread would be full of more responses like this rather than the "M4 is a 15 MOA rifle" posts. RATNIK seems to be a general upgrade of infantry gear, with the rifles only being part of it. So if I understood you correctly:

"New" AK-12 = limited issue and different from the RATNIK kit, but functionally similar. These are new built, but are still standard AKs underneath.

Seems logical. I can see them buying a number of these and then adopting an entirely new design 5 or so years from now. That is what they are doing for other types of equipment. For example, they're upgrading older T-72Bs to the B3 standard, which brings them roughly up to par with a factory built T-90 or T-90A in some areas. At the same time they are buying the all new T-14. Likewise, they have bought some Su-35s, are upgrading older Su-27s to the SM2 standard and buying the replacement T-50 PAK FA. Same with the MIG-29; buying new MIG-35s while actively designing a replacement.

Seems to be what Russia is doing in general. A mix of upgrading old equipment, building new variations of older designs with improvements from the factory while also buying entirely new designs or developing them. So I can't be sure, but I assume the AK-12 was seen as sub par, hence RATNIK upgrade kits to hold over until a new design comes out. I could be wrong though.

http://cs319118.userapi.com/v319118926/2759/8chDyZcIRUc.jpg

Looks like an AK-107. Rear looks similar to the "new" AK-12. Wonder if they're compatible with the older AK-74M.
View Quote

You are probably right about them adopting an upgrade for now while they wait for the completely new design coming from Kalashnikov Concern. Kalashnikov Concern is currently developing the "MA Compact Assault rifle" and "SVK Marksman's Rifle", which look to be completely new rifles that aren't based on the AK platform. Perhaps they are planning to consider adopting a larger carbine sized version of the MA, assuming it's not complete vaporware.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/09/10/kalashnikov-concerns-new-ma-compact-assault-rifle-svk-marksmans-rifle-via-modern-firearms/

http://modernfirearms.net/assault/rus/ma-e.html+
http://modernfirearms.net/sniper/sniper-rifles/rus/svk-e.html

Link Posted: 3/15/2017 2:57:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

6.5 Creedmoor is a .308 length (And, hence, not good candidate for M4 upchambering) round based on the old .300 Savage. Very good long range cartridge that uses very slippery bullets. Think 6.5 grendel with an extra couple hundred yards of reach.
View Quote
Oh, the Creedmoor. I know what that is. I don't know about that other one, the Creedmoore, but I thought I'd ask since it seems to come up a lot.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 3:11:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is it me or is that a coffin may in that AKWHATEVER?.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 3:25:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Of course the Russians needed to update the AK.

The AR15/M16 was ahead of its time when adopted.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 3:26:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it is.

Bro behind him is missing something real important out of that bolt gun.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 4:57:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm not sure if you're implying than an M4 is less precise than an AK, that US ball ammo is less precise than Russian ammo, or if you're just confused.

You also missed the joke on Criedmoor.
View Quote

Well, one of us is certainly confused.

I wasn't addressing the accuracy or lack thereof in either system. Just doing math. Shitty ammo may be shitty ammo, but a more accurate rifle partially negates the overall accuracy hit you get from it while a less accurate rifle exacerbates it.

Let me break it down. Bad + Bad = BAD. Bad + Okay = meh. Okay + Okay = Okay. Got it? Good.

I don't really give a shit about the Creedmoor joke. I took the question seriously and answered it seriously. If it was a joke, it wasn't a very good one, and, as such, should have been labeled somehow. Comedy isn't for everyone, and unfunny people should find other hobbies.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:00:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Oh, the Creedmoor. I know what that is. I don't know about that other one, the Creedmoore, but I thought I'd ask since it seems to come up a lot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I think that other one is a plumbing joint.

Quoted:

You are probably right about them adopting an upgrade for now while they wait for the completely new design coming from Kalashnikov Concern. Kalashnikov Concern is currently developing the "MA Compact Assault rifle" and "SVK Marksman's Rifle", which look to be completely new rifles that aren't based on the AK platform. Perhaps they are planning to consider adopting a larger carbine sized version of the MA, assuming it's not complete vaporware.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/09/10/kalashnikov-concerns-new-ma-compact-assault-rifle-svk-marksmans-rifle-via-modern-firearms/

http://modernfirearms.net/assault/rus/ma-e.html+
http://modernfirearms.net/sniper/sniper-rifles/rus/svk-e.html

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/1473305307.jpg
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/0_a0196_153d63c3_XL.jpg

Okay, while I know that I'm in the minority in thinking the AK is a good looking gun, THAT fucker there is the fugliest thing I've seen this year!
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:58:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Well, it's true.

We gravely need a PiP of the M4A1, otherwise we will be sorely outclassed should we face any modern nation.

Free float barrels are incredibly important in this day and age, and we hamstring ourselves by employing the KAC RAS against any other modern military.
View Quote

What???? FF rails are not incredibly important. The difference is very small.

Yes, if given the choice,  I'd take a FF rail. But it won't really hurt your shooting without one. 
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 6:03:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Looks like the AK-12 will go to the general army soldiers while Spetznas will be getting the AEK-971.

Russia set to adopt both AK-12 and AEK-971.

Personally, it's interesting to see every country modernizing their general issue rifles except us.

The AK-12 features a free float barrel, which I believe this makes us the last first world country to employ a general issue rifle that still retains a non free floated barrel.

This means Russia will now have a general issue rifle capable of far better accuracy and consistancy than our M4A1s, that can see up to 5MOA in point of aim and point of impact shift by sling, barricade, or foregrip pressure when exerted on the non free floated KAC RAS.

We really need to modernize our general issue rifles as we are greatly falling behind in this category at this point.

The US at this point needs a M4A1+ program more than ever now.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/15/2017 6:06:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Big mistake for the Russians IMO. Let's see how those weapons do in Siberian winters.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:26:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You rest it on the sandbags, not forcing it down, FFS.

Did you know that barrel flex can also be caused even in a FF, smart guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9ULBtsnkR0
View Quote

If it was an HK reverse keymod rail it would be accurate out to 2,000yds easy.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:58:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You mean to tell me, that when I do my rifle qualification, I shoot unsupported at 100 yards and groupa  fine, but when I move to 500 yards in the prone position with a tight sling, and all I had to do is adjust my elevation, I'm theoretically not hitting the target even though I get 10/10 in the black????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Coming from someone who owns a few of both FF and non-FF carbines I feel like being free floated isn't a big deal.

Free float is a huge deal.

One can shift point of impact by up to 5moa at 100M.

That means on top of 2-3moa ammo, you now have another 5moa to worry about depending on how you hold the rifle.

Sling it, put it on a barricade, or use a hefty aggressive grip and you will no longer be hitting where you aim.

You mean to tell me, that when I do my rifle qualification, I shoot unsupported at 100 yards and groupa  fine, but when I move to 500 yards in the prone position with a tight sling, and all I had to do is adjust my elevation, I'm theoretically not hitting the target even though I get 10/10 in the black????

I'm going to say yea, pretty much.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:10:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
According to the OP, no one has ever qualified with an M4 on a range.

Decades of qual ranges pencil whipped. Worse than our lack of capability with small arms, is our military's decades long lack of integrity.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:24:24 AM EDT
[#26]
I skipped the last few pages after skimming the rest after the 2nd call out, did the op ever answer if he's seen it first hand or is it just what he's read? I know that getting any poi move is harder on the shorter M4 than the pencil barrel A1's and that I have never seen, I've pulled the sling so tight it was cutting off blood flow, and still never pulled 12 moa, I know I've moved it a little but if any thing a couple of moa, but it was nothing that the second shot didn't get corrected when you see the impact of the first. Sure a free float is nice, I have both, I know I would not hesitate to take either if shtf. Personally I like the heavier SOCOM barrel, but it's not because of the accuracy as much as holding a tighter zero when heated.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 4:11:37 PM EDT
[#27]
I've seen barrel deflection cause misses when shooters rest the end of their barrel on a barricade. However, I've never seen a problem when they rest the non-FF handguard on anything. 

I've also seen slings cause a POI shift during Highpower shooting, but the way Highpower shooters sling up exerts a lot more pressure than a soldier would. Plus, the POI shift isn't that drastic--like from the 10 ring to the 8 ring. Enough for them to attach the sling to the FF tube or at least dial in a few click of windage to stay in the 10 ring, but they're not missing the target. 
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 4:58:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I've seen barrel deflection cause misses when shooters rest the end of their barrel on a barricade. However, I've never seen a problem when they rest the non-FF handguard on anything. 

I've also seen slings cause a POI shift during Highpower shooting, but the way Highpower shooters sling up exerts a lot more pressure than a soldier would. Plus, the POI shift isn't that drastic--like from the 10 ring to the 8 ring. Enough for them to attach the sling to the FF tube or at least dial in a few click of windage to stay in the 10 ring, but they're not missing the target. 
View Quote

Don't tell the op that.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:06:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The rail system?

A free float rail is the difference between hitting and missing targets at 100M in combat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The rail system?

What the fuck? That has got to be the stupidest load of horseshit I have EVER heard, in relation to firearms.

Out of a possible 5 derps, that scores a fucking 12
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:09:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:12:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

What the fuck? That has got to be the stupidest load of horseshit I have EVER heard, in relation to firearms.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The rail system?

No kidding. That's one of the easiest to hit at the pop up qualifications. Even those that suck because they refuse to wear glasses and cannot see past 200 or just suck at shooting are nailing the 100 all the time and all day if need be.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:18:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The rail system?

Dude, 100m is FAAAAAAR!!!! The target is tiny at those distances
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:22:32 PM EDT
[#33]

Still in the Army unlike you.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:26:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:48:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Chinese knockoff Creedmore.

Nick
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

6.5 Grendel 6.8 SPC II
6.5 Creedmoore
What's that last one, I'm not familiar?

Chinese knockoff Creedmore.

Nick

Which, itself, is clearly the Vietnamese knock-off of 6.5mm Creedmoor, the actual cartridge.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 6:53:16 AM EDT
[#36]
What in the fuck is going on in here?
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 7:01:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Derp

Dipe

Deep

Pick your order, it's all there.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 7:03:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

An HK Fanboi is perpetuating myths.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 7:06:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I think it is.

View Quote

Problem noted. Part sent from depot after logged in chain of supply, will arrive along with sock issue, we mean it this time. Estimated arrival at local Corps depot around Oktober 2021.

Signed,
General L.E. Gudinov, Red Army Army of the Russian Federation Inspectorate of Things and Stuffs
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 7:09:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

OP couldn't hit anybody when he was in combat and blames not having free float.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 7:17:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

OP couldn't hit anybody when he was in combat and blames not having free float.
View Quote

I highly doubt OP was ever in combat.

And for some reason now I'm suddenly in the mood to re-watch Deutschland '83.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 7:19:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 7:26:21 AM EDT
[#43]
I was shooting high power with a stock 6920 with an M1907 sling.  Actually I didn't think there was a POI shift from the sling at all.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 7:52:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Something I said a year ago, which oddly enough is still true...because it's been true for almost 100 years:

The best summation of the Soviet (and Russian) military industrial complex I ever heard, from a guy who studied their equipment extensively during and after the Cold War:

"All Soviet (Russian) equipment is designed by somewhat competent engineers to be mass produced by bumbling alcoholics, to be operated by illiterate morons, and then maintained by bumbling and drunken morons over a short timespan after which it may as well be scrapped. And that's considered a feature of their design/operational philosophy. When you add that all up it does work, to a point, but not anywhere near what their claims are."  
View Quote

That has always been their MO. Since the fall of the USSR they're further hampered by actually having to actually pay for the shit they design, which means they have to export them for real money instead of just giving them away by the  CONEX load to "Fraternal Brothers" to beta test for them. Unfortunately for the Russians Western equipment, in almost every category, has proven itself to be superior to comparable Russian equipment in actual combat; meaning that sales are down even when the Russians can quote a much lower price on some similar items.

The Russians love to trot out AK-XXX variants to show they still got it, but the fact remains that their newest and most "groundbreaking" AK designs usually are actually produced in numbers so low that even a Russian factory worker 10 minutes from shift change on a Friday night can count to. Every time you see an announcement that the Russian Army is adopting a new one what it really means is that a couple companies of the VVS and/or MVD are getting them while the vast majority of the Russian Army is still soldiering on with AK-74s that came off the assembly line when A Flock of Seagulls was still on the Top 40 charts. At best some of what we used to classify as Cat A units will have some upgrade kits and bolt-ons; but the Russian Army as a whole isn't going to get AK-Whatever-The-Fuck-Number-Sounds-Impressive-Today anytime soon, or most likely, ever.

The Russians make some very good GPMGs and SAMs but other than that all of their "groundbreaking" equipment rollouts are either not very groundbreaking at all or is actually fielded in such small numbers that their impact on overall Russian military strength is negligible at best and laughable at worst. Even the stuff that is decent to very good in quality still has to deal with Russian logistics and maintenance cycles, which even when meeting mandated levels and schedules is...lacking, on a good day.

tl/dr version: Russia's new AKs aren't gonna be a game-changer for the Russian Army even if they ever actually issue them to more than 300 guys to carry in a parade.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:23:38 AM EDT
[#45]
My guess is OP is 12.

Stop posting stupid shit.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 2:19:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
You're actually buying this BS from the OP?

I have a bridge to sell you then
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are our guys not hitting their targets at 100 yards out?
You're actually buying this BS from the OP?

I have a bridge to sell you then
Not in the least.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 2:34:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 2:44:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Problem noted. Part sent from depot after logged in chain of supply, will arrive along with sock issue, we mean it this time. Estimated arrival at local Corps depot around Oktober 2021.

Signed,
General L.E. Gudinov, Red Army Army of the Russian Federation Inspectorate of Things and Stuffs
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think it is.

Signed,
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 2:50:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The rail system?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The rail system?

No............
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 2:58:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

(of course it's still dangerous to underestimate a potential enemy)
View Quote
Oh I don't underestimate them, but far too many people overestimate their capabilities. Their disinformation/PR department is top notch and some of the people that buy into it wholesale (including some people in our government and/or military that really should know better) are the guys I'd call first if I came up with some manner of new and exciting ponzi scheme.

Russians have a certain way doing "military stuff" that is completely different to how we'd do it, and even though it's not incomprehensible to an outsider one has to be careful to (and I'm shamelessly ripping off Firefox here) "Think in Russian" when dealing with them when it comes to military/strategic matters. For example, there's a reason they see our SAM and missile defense units in Poland and the Baltics as "offensive weapons" and if you "think in Russian" you understand why. To a Westerner it's obvious those are defensive weapons, to a Russian...not so much, because of how they'd use that capability. The same thing goes for NATO expansion, "meddling in the near abroad", and so on and so forth.

They are very capable in some areas, but anyone suggesting that the Russian Army would be tearing us up in a conventional fight (especially based on the small arms they'd be carrying) either hasn't been paying attention to how things really work or really should check out my newest money making venture that they can get in on the ground floor right now, but remember it's a limited time offer! 
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top