Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:17:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah but a weird reticle...not that I wouldn't try to use a battlefield pickup on my AR.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cool video on the NLAW system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHZ_qfuEKRY

It appears that an ACOG is mounted to each NLAW

Yeah but a weird reticle...not that I wouldn't try to use a battlefield pickup on my AR.

Not an ACOG, but it is made by Trijicon, so probably has a lot of similarities in the housing.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:41:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

They have a lot already Leningrad/st Petersburg is full from the Great Patriotic war.  I think when the dead start getting shipped home the anti war protest will become huge
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Russia’s gonna have to start planning on a new war memorial

They have a lot already Leningrad/st Petersburg is full from the Great Patriotic war.  I think when the dead start getting shipped home the anti war protest will become huge

Why would you think they ship the dead home?  Have you seen the incinerator trucks?  They just give the family ~$100 if they are lucky and send up the next regiment.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:41:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
In 10-20 years, I could see some sort of defense developed.  Like a sound-based system.  Or maybe a cheap version of the Navy's Phalanx system.  BRRRRRR...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
With the Javelin, the days of armor on the battlefield are basically over.
In 10-20 years, I could see some sort of defense developed.  Like a sound-based system.  Or maybe a cheap version of the Navy's Phalanx system.  BRRRRRR...

TROPHY been around 10 years.
ISRAELI TROPHY FOR AMERICAN M1 ABRAMS MBT | SINCE 2011, THE SYSTEM HAS ACHIEVED 100% SUCCESS !

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:45:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Don't those missiles detonate downward from above the target?  I ask because there is a lot of obstruction with trees and power lines etc.  

Obviously they worked, just curious how they deal with a complicated situation like the one pictured.
View Quote

NLAW fires down. There’s a way to select minimum range so it’ll pass over targets between you and your intended target.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:58:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

O for Odessa?
View Quote

Z  Eastern forces of the RF (Russian Federation).
   Z in a square  Forces of the RF of Crimea.
   O  Forces of Belarus.
   V  Marine infantry.
   X  Chechens.
   A  Special forces (SOBR, ALFA, SSO)

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:58:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Cool.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 4:07:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It appears that an ACOG is mounted to each NLAW

Aren't these a single use item?  If so I just find it crazy to put a $600+ optic on such an item.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

English is not your first language - am I right ?

Oh, but, I'm vastly influenced by your poorly written propaganda.

Really, don't stop.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Putin and Russia are playing it carefully.  Trying to avoid civilian casualties and limiting use of military assets.  No doubt what so ever, that if/when Russia really commits, Ukraine will be steam rolled in little time.  Do not believe the media.  Always pushing whatever globalist/left/pro Biden narrative that benefits them the most.

English is not your first language - am I right ?

Oh, but, I'm vastly influenced by your poorly written propaganda.

Really, don't stop.

Bravo32 is probably a Rooshin.  He's been spouting the same BS about "trying to avoid civilian casualties" in other threads.

Check out his post in a thread about NV/Thermals.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Utility-of-night-vision-thermal-in-Ukraine-by-either-side-/5-2534003/?
Quoted:
Putin is trying to limit the actual number of engagements and civilian casualties.  If Russia dropped the hammer the Ukraine would already be conquered.  Putin in trying to avoid western countries from committing supplies and possibly troops to the conflict.

Try harder, comrade.  And I hope Putin gets sodomized by the devil's barbed cock in hell.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 4:15:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Aren't these a single use item?  If so I just find it crazy to put a $600+ optic on such an item.
View Quote

You move the sight between units.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 4:17:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Agreed. There is lots of room for escalation on the Russian side, though. I think Putin really thought there would be more populist support for Moscow and he would just be fighting minor resistance around the Ukrainian capitol. Now he has the choice of increasing brutality on the people he hopes to rule or showing the world that Russia is strategically inept by stopping the campaign. I'm afraid I know which one he will choose.
View Quote

This.  He's not prepping the route of advance with artillery or going nuts with the thermobarics.  I think (as has been said) he expected more popular support.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 4:18:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The remains of the Russian military convoy blocked a street in the town of Bucha after the ambush - said to have been carried out by troops armed with NLAW missile launchers.
Artillery and drone strikes are also thought to have been deployed in the attack. Locals civilians are also reported to have helped fight the invaders by throwing petrol bombs.
Not far from Bucha, Ukrainian forces used Western-supplied anti-tank missiles to destroy another Russian convoy on a bridge that serves a main route into Kyiv.
https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/russian-convoy-blitzed-by-ukrainian-troops-armed-with-brit-anti-tank-weapons/
https://images.lbc.co.uk/images/291085?crop=16_9&width=660&relax=1&signature=IS5Rp_g9oudJmHoFcje6-QZpr00=
View Quote

I like.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 4:20:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Ok......but if California were a country it would be the 5th largest economy in the world, so that's really not saying a lot(according to the info I can't find)
View Quote

5th out of 190 some-odd countries?

Not bad for 1/50th of a whole country.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 4:22:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I figure eventually it won't even be boots on the ground. It'll be computer controlled drone swarms that control the battlefield. Raytheon or someone else will figure out how to mass produce weaponized drones that work in concert, carried into battle via drone transports, communicating with each other and their controllers safe behind friendly lines. No need to train, feed, and clothe human warfighters. No need to write letters home for KIA. No more medical expenses. They'll be faster, more agile, fearless, cheaper and easily replaceable. They also won't question orders or get blisters on their feet.
View Quote

Yea. Sure. Until the drone factories get droned...
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 4:32:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The US is already working on it with the Israelis Trophy APS.  The Trophy system is now being mounted on the M1 Abrams to test it's effectiveness.  Trophy APS (Active Protection System) is designed to shoot down incoming AT missiles.
View Quote

And drones? Tell me they have programmed that ability into the system.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 4:32:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL on a 40k missile?? LOL . that is NOTHING. We were using 200k missiles launched by 50 MILLION dollar drones flown by 100k a year warrent officers in a BILLION dollar base in Nevada to take out afganhi goat enthusianists who in a life time MIGHT make 10k if they were lucky.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 4:35:03 PM EDT
[#17]
For some odd reason, the term from my first Sega CD game, Sewer Shark comes to mind. "SHOOT THE TUBES, DOGMEAT!"
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 4:44:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Russians outran their logistics. Western anti-armor weapons.

Unfortunately this will likely result in Russian siege type encirclement of urban areas where they will use rockets and arty to reduce them to rubble. Mass civilian casualties and suffering ahead I am afraid.

I do see an opportunity for Ukrainian resistance, but it’s going to be a long bloody affair.
View Quote

It is hard not to out run your logistics when your soldiers don't want to advance and actively work to squander or destroy what supplies they are delivered.

Just knowing how most people (in particular, young men) treat equipment that they have not paid for in the first place and then thinking about the situation the soviet soldiers are facing.  A typical thought process probably goes like this: you know, if this becomes damaged, I may not be able to advance into an enemy that wants to kill me, and I am being sent here by a government that has given no substantial motivation to me that would cause me to believe that it is worth my being crippled or dying here.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 4:50:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Still think russia is sending in junior team units....i mean they are getting killed...but youre not seeing the best they have to offer
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 4:52:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Ok......but if California were a country it would be the 5th largest economy in the world, so that's really not saying a lot(according to the info I can't find)
View Quote

According to this Russia's GPD is ranked 11th, below South Korea and right above Brazil. Much closer to the Brazil side.

Russia population wise appears to be smaller than Brazil, so Russian workers will be more productive than Brazilian workers having each worker producing more GDP, but less bodies to throw into a fight.

Ask yourself this, when is the last time you thought Brazil would bring a powerful military to a conflict? Russia's economic indicators put them roughly on par with each other.

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 4:52:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Agreed. There is lots of room for escalation on the Russian side, though. I think Putin really thought there would be more populist support for Moscow and he would just be fighting minor resistance around the Ukrainian capitol. Now he has the choice of increasing brutality on the people he hopes to rule or showing the world that Russia is strategically inept by stopping the campaign. I'm afraid I know which one he will choose.
View Quote

I think You’re right.

Russias options seem to be getting shittier at an accelerated rate. They are stuck between surrender, all out war and nukes.

Hopefully they have the sense to pack their shit up and bounce.

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 4:53:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Still think russia is sending in junior team units....i mean they are getting killed...but youre not seeing the best they have to offer
View Quote
Like someone said maybe their best got taken out day one in those planes that got shot down.

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 4:55:19 PM EDT
[#23]
The weather is warming across the Ukraine.

General Mud takes the battlefield and causes problems for armies dependent upon armor and logistic supplies from a distance and favors infantry and those who live on the land.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 4:57:15 PM EDT
[#24]
NLAW is a SAAB product, isn't it?

I would have thought that they would have sourced an optic from Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 5:05:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Likely dragged.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This, where are the bodies?
Probably drug away.

Likely dragged.

I thought it was druggeded.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 5:10:31 PM EDT
[#26]
While it's good to see this, I'm with others here in that I don't think we've seen the hammer drop yet from the Russian side.

My questions: 1) why is the internet in Ukraine still functioning? 2) why haven't the Russians gotten air superiority yet? I'm inclined to think that most of what we're seeing coming out of Ukraine is BS / propaganda, but those two items are undeniable at this point and indicate that things really aren't going well for Russia so far. I do think that the Russians are trying to go lightly and not completely level Ukraine, as they obviously gain nothing if they inherit a destroyed and depopulated Ukraine when the dust settles.

The fact that the internet still seems to work is extremely odd to me, though. I know what Musk is doing, but that doesn't account for the fact that the Russians haven't cut off power/internet. Did the Russians not understand what would happen if they left that on? Did they not anticipate the flood of war vids and propaganda that would flow out of there if they failed to shut it down? I thought that they were more savvy than that.

So while I still expect the Russians to crack down and ultimately take the cities, I'd be happy for the Ukrainians to prove me wrong, and I think that if the Russians don't get their shit together then the Ukrainians actually might be able to pull it off.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 5:12:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Bravo32 is probably a Rooshin.  He's been spouting the same BS about "trying to avoid civilian casualties" in other threads.

Check out his post in a thread about NV/Thermals.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Utility-of-night-vision-thermal-in-Ukraine-by-either-side-/5-2534003/?

Try harder, comrade.  And I hope Putin gets sodomized by the devil's barbed cock in hell.
View Quote

I hope he's next in line after Adolph every morning for eternity.

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 5:36:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That's part of it, the Russian themselves don't seem to keen on fighting their neighbors either.  All of the "running out of gas" isn't just an accident.  The Russians don't seem to have the stomach for a war in Ukraine.
View Quote

Who would?  It would be like the US invading and making war on California.  Yeah, nobody likes them, but we aren't about to kill them.

Right?

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 5:50:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Maybe California isn’t the right example.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 5:51:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
While it's good to see this, I'm with others here in that I don't think we've seen the hammer drop yet from the Russian side.

My questions: 1) why is the internet in Ukraine still functioning? 2) why haven't the Russians gotten air superiority yet? I'm inclined to think that most of what we're seeing coming out of Ukraine is BS / propaganda, but those two items are undeniable at this point and indicate that things really aren't going well for Russia so far. I do think that the Russians are trying to go lightly and not completely level Ukraine, as they obviously gain nothing if they inherit a destroyed and depopulated Ukraine when the dust settles.

The fact that the internet still seems to work is extremely odd to me, though. I know what Musk is doing, but that doesn't account for the fact that the Russians haven't cut off power/internet. Did the Russians not understand what would happen if they left that on? Did they not anticipate the flood of war vids and propaganda that would flow out of there if they failed to shut it down? I thought that they were more savvy than that.

So while I still expect the Russians to crack down and ultimately take the cities, I'd be happy for the Ukrainians to prove me wrong, and I think that if the Russians don't get their shit together then the Ukrainians actually might be able to pull it off.
View Quote

Exactly, a lot of great questions. Utilities are still running, IMO they're trying to limit the destruction to utilities as that's how you end up with a bigger humanitarian crises. And probably want to spend as little money as possible trying to rebuild Ukraine and still have a significant portion of the country support your installed puppet gov.  

They shut down the internet in kazakhstan and Belarus during their protests, they know this shit. And for all the videos of "airstrikes" on children's hospitals there is just as many of Russians letting civilians close to their convoys, or denying them entrance to a city by blocking the road and standing in front of their vehicles and not shooting them point blank to create distance.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 5:52:55 PM EDT
[#31]
I haven't thought much of Russia since I found they were all starving, and we sent sent them shit tons of wheat and they sold it to other countries. I'm glad they're tough guy mask is being beat off their faces now. No put up the Putin laughing meme. Go Ukrain!
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 5:56:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Turns out, Russia is just shit.
View Quote

Never underestimate your enemy until the job is finished
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 5:57:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Turns out, Russia is just shit.

Yep.  Sean Hannity has been standing his ground throughout his whole show today saying that the long convoy headed into Ukraine is going to change the game, with mass casualties and widespread destruction.

This ain't over yet.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 5:58:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Like someone said maybe their best got taken out day one in those planes that got shot down.

View Quote

I dont think were that lucky....maybe a few...but not there tier 1 line units

I havent seen any of their top tanks being taken out

Not saying they have alot...but they do have enough

I wouldnt put my best assets into play against a lower tier opponent if i knew my conscripts could eventually take....what cost are conscripts?
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 6:01:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Most Armies start out this way when a war starts, we in the west have gotten us to seeing what highly professional militaries with exquisite training budgets can accomplish and forget most of the world does not have that luxury.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 6:07:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Why Every Military Needs the Javelin Missile Launcher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVRhbfi_65o
View Quote

Are these basically a man portable hellfire missile?
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 6:08:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I figure eventually it won't even be boots on the ground. It'll be computer controlled drone swarms that control the battlefield. Raytheon or someone else will figure out how to mass produce weaponized drones that work in concert, carried into battle via drone transports, communicating with each other and their controllers safe behind friendly lines. No need to train, feed, and clothe human warfighters. No need to write letters home for KIA. No more medical expenses. They'll be faster, more agile, fearless, cheaper and easily replaceable. They also won't question orders or get blisters on their feet.

In Kansas?
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 6:10:44 PM EDT
[#38]
One interesting tidbit, they both use the same tanks and APC's.

That tank that ran over the car and the passenger lived, that was a Ukrainian tank out of control.

You are often shown old pictures from 2014 or video game shots.

Russia is perhaps moving slowly to preserve civilian lives.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 6:14:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Was it confirmed that Russian lost 2 IL-76's in the beginning?  I've seen differing reports that they did and that they did not.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 6:18:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Taking a city without blowing the shit out of it / keeping it intact is hard as shit. USA would fair badly as well in this situation facing restricting, world scrutiny, tier 1 anti tank systems, stingers, etc.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 6:19:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
One interesting tidbit, they both use the same tanks and APC's.

That tank that ran over the car and the passenger lived, that was a Ukrainian tank out of control.

You are often shown old pictures from 2014 or video game shots.

Russia is perhaps moving slowly to preserve civilian lives.
View Quote
You guys need new talking points.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

According to this Russia's GPD is ranked 11th, below South Korea and right above Brazil. Much closer to the Brazil side.

Russia population wise appears to be smaller than Brazil, so Russian workers will be more productive than Brazilian workers having each worker producing more GDP, but less bodies to throw into a fight.

Ask yourself this, when is the last time you thought Brazil would bring a powerful military to a conflict? Russia's economic indicators put them roughly on par with each other.

View Quote

Russia's *per capita* GDP is 57th. China's is abysmal at 79th. IMO viewing it in the context of per capita matters too when it comes to how much a nation can really take from the people to throw at military spending. Guess that depends on what standard of living they're willing to accept and remain obedient.

https://www.worldometers.info/gdp/gdp-per-capita/
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 6:25:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm worried that Ukraine is on the ropes but this stuff is awesome.
View Quote

Their is no scenario where Ukraine does not lose in the end if Putin wants it badly enough, but unless Putin takes things up a notch they are going to take a lot of loses and down the road pay back will be a bitch when they try to actually hold the entire country.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Their is no scenario where Ukraine does not lose in the end if Putin wants it badly enough, but unless Putin takes things up a notch they are going to take a lot of loses and down the road pay back will be a bitch when they try to actually hold the entire country.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's the scenario where the Russian people decide they've had enough.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 6:31:38 PM EDT
[#45]
So can Russian ak-74s be converted to semi auto? I see a big opportunity to turn around a bunch of captured AK's for sale in the US after this is all over.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 6:35:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know if that's true.   They've got huge amounts of antitank weapons and stingers either there or on the way.   They hate the russians.  That will keep them warm on the cold nights while they're waiting for a target.   If they blow up enough stuff Putin might get deposed/killed and it won't matter how much he wants it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 6:36:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You're right about the rules changing.  Eventually, it's going to come down to the boots on the ground.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is the first time we have seen the Javelin, NLAW, and drones used in Urban fighting against armor correct? Maybe Armenia too? I feel like this changes the rules completely. I know russians are not using infantry and air power effectively, but still....

You're right about the rules changing.  Eventually, it's going to come down to the boots on the ground.  

Honestly,

They should circle Kiev and attack by air, then shell, and finally advance.

Their air assault has been weak.

If you are going to invade, you can't half-way do it.  It's like Russia isn't committed and has created a mess for themselves.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 6:39:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So can Russian ak-74s be converted to semi auto? I see a big opportunity to turn around a bunch of captured AK's for sale in the US after this is all over.
View Quote

Kit market resurgence?  Of course they'll be without barrels though.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 6:41:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's like saying she is the 5th best swimmer on the UPenn female team.  It's not very good when you see the details.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 6:45:30 PM EDT
[#50]
If Putin looses half of his tanks, he will be weak for any future conflicts.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top