Site Notices
Page / 32
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 6:54:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 6:54:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Please tell me that’s his honest opinion. That’s like being a modern day flat earther

Anyone can click their way over to Telegram or Twitter and watch MONTHS of videos of humans getting shot and blown up, and these mouth breathers think there isn’t a war?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh man, that's rich coming from you, Mr. I Don't Believe There's A War In Ukraine.

Please tell me that’s his honest opinion. That’s like being a modern day flat earther

Anyone can click their way over to Telegram or Twitter and watch MONTHS of videos of humans getting shot and blown up, and these mouth breathers think there isn’t a war?

He never said that.  He said he didn’t think it was a major war. That’s a matter of opinion I guess and depends on the definition of “major war” I guess but he never said there was no war. I’d call it a regional conflict, personally.   He’s creating a straw man argument.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh man, that's rich coming from you, Mr. I Don't Believe There's A War In Ukraine.

He believes it’s just a skirmish.

If it’s not as destructive as WW2, it’s not a real war in his eyes.

Quoted:

He never said that.  He said he didn’t think it was a major war. That’s a matter of opinion I guess and depends on the definition of “major war” I guess but he never said there was no war. I’d call it a regional conflict, personally.   He’s creating a straw man argument.

He said not a full scale war, not major war and likened it to COIN.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 6:55:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

US surveillance in international airspace is not direct involvement or engagement with Russia forces.

Russia shooting down a US drone in international airspace IS, however.

We use our satellites to spy on Russian forces in Ukraine, too.   Going to White Knight for Russia if they launch an a-sat missile at one of those, too?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You do realize that Russia has ships and those ships carry troops, right?

You do realize that the Ukrainians have attacked those ships before, right.

Denying our involvement doesn’t mean it didn’t happen, right?

US surveillance in international airspace is not direct involvement or engagement with Russia forces.

Russia shooting down a US drone in international airspace IS, however.

We use our satellites to spy on Russian forces in Ukraine, too.   Going to White Knight for Russia if they launch an a-sat missile at one of those, too?

Imagine how much money Russia could make uploading the footage of the ASAT shot to a OnlyFans account. There are people who would pay and pay for that sort of thing. Make thier simps subscribers buy rubles to pay the sub fee for even more bucks.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct, thanks. Regional conflict is an accurate description in my opinion.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You might want to check out some of his previous statements before you carry water for him.  Not long ago it was all a ruse.  Let's just say his position is "evolving".
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You might want to check out some of his previous statements before you carry water for him.  Not long ago it was all a ruse.  Let's just say his position is "evolving".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He’s not carrying anything. I never said that. You’re either thinking of someone else, or outright lying.

Edit: My position has evolved. The first month or so I was all aboard the Uke train.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 7:00:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thank you for helping illustrate my point.

You are correct that it’s unreasonable “to hold the position that everything he does is harmful except this one” and if the first half of that statement was actually correct, then maybe the second half would hold water, but that is not the case. Biden does in fact get things right on occasion, through miracle or just accident. Broken clocks and all that. To base your “logic” and position on the absurd notion that literally everything he does is to harm America shows that you are only interested in hyperbole and intellectually dishonest outrage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ukie simps are jerking furiously over the prospect of escalation...

An American asset was intentionally destroyed in international waters and this is all you have to say?
Speaks volumes about your patriotism.

Patriotism? Our government labeled us domestic terrorists, and enemies of the state for absolutely no reason other than their hatred towards us. Fuck patriotism, they can get fucked. Any remaining “patriot” is suffering from battered wife syndrome.

There it is. Explains the endless coy support for anything related to Russia or Putin.  

But how do you  define patriotism today?

Serious question--you know the people pulling the levers are not interested in your well being or the well being of this country.  But you listen and obey?  

Serious question.

You can start the definition with not hating america and rooting against her just out of spite because of who is currently running the show.

Straw man.  Not wanting to get involved in another proxy war or arguing that Europe should do all the heavy lifting for once or saying that we should stop sending billions overseas is not “hating America.”  Putting America first is not hating America—quite the opposite in fact.

Plenty of people in GD and some even in this thread will actively oppose anything the Biden administration does regardless of what it might mean for the country simply because of who is at the desk, and not the actions being taken.

That isn’t patriotism, it’s anger and bitterness.

How many times during this presidency have people here explicitly said that if Biden is for something, they are against it? Hundreds? Thousands? That’s not patriotism, that’s not “hoping to bring back the america I love”

It’s the final collapse of a persons ideology.

No. That’s an excuse to deflect criticism of your position.   In addition, it’s not unreasonable to question the actions of someone who does everything to destroy America and line his own pockets. It’s not reasonable. That’s not logical.

You are correct that it’s unreasonable “to hold the position that everything he does is harmful except this one” and if the first half of that statement was actually correct, then maybe the second half would hold water, but that is not the case. Biden does in fact get things right on occasion, through miracle or just accident. Broken clocks and all that. To base your “logic” and position on the absurd notion that literally everything he does is to harm America shows that you are only interested in hyperbole and intellectually dishonest outrage.

Please let us know what important issues Biden has gotten right.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Regional conflict?  A couple pages ago it was a counter-insurgency.  A couple months ago it was all fake.  You got bites on your troll posts though so that's all that matters.

At least you finally came out on how you feel about America.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 7:01:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m only going with what’s said with what I’ve read. I don’t keep notes on other posters.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 7:01:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I see the thread sliding and purse swinging is in full swing
View Quote

Of course they are. It's a multi-page Russo-Ukrainian War related thread.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think his quote was along the lines of “he has seen videos of things, but nothing with his own eyes” so he distrusts there is a major conflict going on.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Regional conflict?  A couple pages ago it was a counter-insurgency.  A couple months ago it was all fake.  You got bites on your troll posts though so that's all that matters.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Regional conflict, and counter-insurgency aren’t mutually exclusive.

Quit lying.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 7:03:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Do you not agree with the Biden administrations support of bringing more semiconductor manufacturing to the US?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

An American asset was intentionally destroyed in international waters and this is all you have to say?

Patriotism? Our government labeled us domestic terrorists, and enemies of the state for absolutely no reason other than their hatred towards us. Fuck patriotism, they can get fucked. Any remaining “patriot” is suffering from battered wife syndrome.

There it is. Explains the endless coy support for anything related to Russia or Putin.  

Serious question--you know the people pulling the levers are not interested in your well being or the well being of this country.  But you listen and obey?  

Serious question.

You can start the definition with not hating america and rooting against her just out of spite because of who is currently running the show.

Straw man.  Not wanting to get involved in another proxy war or arguing that Europe should do all the heavy lifting for once or saying that we should stop sending billions overseas is not “hating America.”  Putting America first is not hating America—quite the opposite in fact.

Plenty of people in GD and some even in this thread will actively oppose anything the Biden administration does regardless of what it might mean for the country simply because of who is at the desk, and not the actions being taken.

How many times during this presidency have people here explicitly said that if Biden is for something, they are against it? Hundreds? Thousands? That’s not patriotism, that’s not “hoping to bring back the america I love”

No. That’s an excuse to deflect criticism of your position.   In addition, it’s not unreasonable to question the actions of someone who does everything to destroy America and line his own pockets. It’s not reasonable. That’s not logical.

Wrong.  Nothing inside the beltway is done by chance. The “broken clock is right twice a day” is a failed thought process. Please point out all of these Biden positions that are good for America. I’m waiting. Speaking of intellectual dishonesty—you just presented that in spades.

Do you not agree with the Biden administrations support of bringing more semiconductor manufacturing to the US?

He also likes ice cream.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 7:03:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

He’s not carrying anything. I never said that. You’re either thinking of someone else, or outright lying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You stated a while back that you questioned if the war was of the scale being reported and that you doubted death toll numbers because all you saw was a few skirmishes.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 7:04:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Russians shoot down airliners of course they are going to shoot down a drone. We need drones that are meant for hostile environments. Like over Moscow. We need drones that would of flown circles around embarrased Russian pilot. Russian pilots should of been left without any doubt that war with America means they die quick.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 7:04:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That went all the way back to Obama.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Serious question.

Wrong.  Nothing inside the beltway is done by chance. The “broken clock is right twice a day” is a failed thought process. Please point out all of these Biden positions that are good for America. I’m waiting. Speaking of intellectual dishonesty—you just presented that in spades.

That went all the way back to Obama.

Sad at the lack of progress.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 7:05:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I think his quote was along the lines of “he has seen videos of things, but nothing with his own eyes” so he distrusts there is a major conflict going on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That response was to a poster that claimed that we can see it with our own eyes. My point was that unless you’ve been there, you haven’t seen it with your own eyes.

When the pedophile, and the faggot can stroll through the capital city of a country under total war with a superpower, something’s fishy.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You stated a while back that you questioned if the war was of the scale being reported and that you doubted death toll numbers because all you saw was a few skirmishes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct. I do not believe hundreds of thousands have died. Is there a war? Of course, everyone knows that.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 7:09:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

lol no shit...Ruskies aren't the brightest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A Russian fighter jet has collided with an American Reaper drone over the Black Sea, the US military confirmed today.

The US military said a Russian fighter jet clipped the propeller of the drone, forcing the US to bring it down over the Black Sea.

A Pentagon official told Al-Jazeera that the collision occurred after two Russian fighters tracked the American hardware 'in an unprofessional or safe manner', the news organisations Arabic language Twitter account said.

One Western source said earlier that an investigation was underway to check whether the drone had been shot down in the area of intense NATO military activity close to the Ukraine war frontlines.

It was quickly confirmed that a collision had occurred between a US-made MQ-9 Reaper and a Russian Su-27 fighter jet.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11859443/Russian-fighter-jet-CRASHES-Reaper-drone-Black-Sea.html
Playing chicken with an unmanned aircraft? I really hope they try that again.

lol no shit...Ruskies aren't the brightest.

Slavs, the whole region is the Middle East without the towels.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 7:10:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I came here thinking that I'd get some decent information. I was stupid to think such. This thread is a perfect example of our evolving society.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 7:20:50 PM EDT
[#23]
biden surrender afghanistan allowing thousands to be slaughtered and gave the taliban all our military equipment...

And people think anything is going to come from 1 of our drones being downed?

Aint no elections going on that I know of right now.

Just our banking/economy getting fucked and more inflation on the way.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 7:53:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 8:00:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Aircrews call it “thumping” — the aviator’s version of a baseball hurler’s brushback pitch. A fighter jet zooms up behind a lumbering reconnaissance craft, then blows past with afterburners blazing, pulling up and away just in front of the larger plane so its jet wash disrupts the airflow around it."

Link Posted: 3/14/2023 8:01:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

"Aircrews call it “thumping” — the aviator’s version of a baseball hurler’s brushback pitch. A fighter jet zooms up behind a lumbering reconnaissance craft, then blows past with afterburners blazing, pulling up and away just in front of the larger plane so its jet wash disrupts the airflow around it."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Show us the video.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 8:06:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 8:07:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Simple solution, pack the next one full of explosives, proximity-fuzed.  That's the last time they will try that stunt.
View Quote

The Russians are going to scream "They shot our airplane down" if the US does that.   Which is only partly true... the US would have helped them shoot their own airplane down, technically.

Either way, destroying US airplanes by ramming them or trying to force them to crash is functionally no different than shooting them down, imo.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 8:09:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Blue Oyster Cult told us " don't fear the reaper "but Russia didn't listen
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 8:13:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 8:17:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It’s also possible that the Russians did this to distract from the Tucker Carlson tapes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I believe the drone was gathering data on corruption in Ukraine and was downed by a “pro-Ukrainian group.”

It’s also possible that the Russians did this to distract from the Tucker Carlson tapes

OR in response to Biden opening up drilling in AK.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 8:18:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Nice try. You should try to avoid insults, because you're bad at that game.

I've made myself extremely clear, but you'll never stop playing your childlike internet games. It seems to be all you have.

>I want out of this conflict, with the exception of logistical support. Which are the finest logistics the world has ever seen and the most valuable weapon in this conflict. The Eurofags can use their extreme wealth to supply the weapons. Either their own or purchased from us. Currently, they're being the usual insufferably cheap POS Europeans, because they know if they drag their feet US politicians have the incessant need to prove that they care the most about...everything...and US taxpayers are forced to pick up the tab.

>I want the Europussies to determine themselves how much cash and hardware they want to invest in keeping Russia's clunker military from inching towards them. RUS taking control of UKR means nothing to the security of Americans, and doesn't make RUS one iota more of a threat to us. This event should be the catalyst for the Eurosissies to begin to pay to protect themselves, especially since the secret they've been trying to keep from the public for so long, about how weak Russia's military is, was merely a large scale abuse of taxpayers with its sole purpose being to generate extreme wealth for a relative handful of individuals in the US and Europe.

>If Russia actually does attack any of our air assets, anywhere in the world, I want an entire airfield full of Russian air assets destroyed as a "fuck you this is what we feel is proportional."

Are we clear?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 8:19:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 8:21:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Support?  No. Understand?  Yes.

You’d be cool with Russia and China opening serious bio weapons labs in Mexico, right?  Maybe a couple of bases. Troops. Missiles. Right?
View Quote

You'd be cool with us invading Mexico and rapung their women, pillaging their ships, shelling their houses, and threatening nuclear force, right?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 8:22:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Don't you mean?   ^
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Patriotism is the love of one's country Government.  Period.

Don't you mean?   ^

Patria is the latin root of the word patriotism.   Go look up "patria."
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 8:24:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like Iceman did to Maverick, killing Goose?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 8:25:30 PM EDT
[#38]
>"Oog. Daddy Putin no want war. Evil Big guy's 10% make necessary. Why no let daddy have Europe? Bad teeth. B.O. Shitty cheese. Daddy save everyone from cheese and Nazis. Oog."

You've expressed yourself so well Mr. Strawman. I'm forced to agree. Who needs France anyway?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 8:26:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Simple solution, pack the next one full of explosives, proximity-fuzed.  That's the last time they will try that stunt.
View Quote

Full reverse on the prop at the appropriate time would make it look like bad piloting.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 8:27:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I wonder if this was their way of fucking w/ it and trying to take it down w/o shooting at it and openly commiting an act of war.
View Quote

Would be awesome if it triggered a self-destruct feature.

Then you could just call it an accident and blame it on the Russians.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 8:27:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Show us the video.

Cincinnatus  super curious

You guaranteed it would be today.

If it isn't today....what is your guarantee worth?

It's 1727PST

We agree midnight my PST?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 8:29:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It's 1727PST

View Quote

lol, what do you care?   You're just going to call it fake when they release it anyways, whether that's tonight or tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 8:30:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You'd be cool with us invading Mexico and rapung their women, pillaging their ships, shelling their houses, and threatening nuclear force, right?
View Quote

Well if you put it that way….
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 8:33:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

lol, what do you care?   You're just going to call it fake when they release it anyways, whether that's tonight or tomorrow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's 1727PST

Sorry Andy I have never said it would be fake or any such nonsense.

You do bring up a point that it could be faked though but that's risky if Russians have their own video....

Link Posted: 3/14/2023 8:37:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#46]

Lol
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 8:42:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It's 1727PST

View Quote

Guaranteed!
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 9:07:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

An incident of a  type that that was pretty common during the cold war.  We didn’t go kinetic then, why do you want to go kinetic now? You remember the Cold War, yes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

An incident of a  type that that was pretty common during the cold war.  We didn’t go kinetic then, why do you want to go kinetic now? You remember the Cold War, yes?

No, a military aircraft getting intentionally destroyed in international airspace was *not* pretty common during the Cold War. US Recon aircraft flying into hostile airspace, yes. International airspace, no.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 9:14:48 PM EDT
[#49]
"Russians don't take a dump without a plan. And senior captains don't start something this dangerous without having thought the matter through."

This was no accident.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 9:17:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top