Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 32
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:31:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Whether they collided or it was shot down they were trying to get rid of it one way or the other. So what's the response?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:32:10 PM EDT
[#2]
The reaper was acting suspiscious, He had to get it on......
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:32:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, boys, I reckon this is it. Nuclear combat toe-to-toe with the Ruskies.

Quoted:
Wing attack plan R?
View Quote

Just a minute - I need to inventory my Survival Kit

Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find:

one forty-five caliber automatic;
two boxes of ammunition;
four days' concentrated emergency rations;
one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills;
one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible;
one hundred dollars in rubles;
one hundred dollars in gold;
nine packs of chewing gum;
one issue of prophylactics;
three lipsticks;
three pair of nylon stockings.

O.K.!  Good to Go!
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:32:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Which begs the question. Why was it there?
View Quote

Seems kind of obvious, but as long as its in international airspace, its got every right to be there.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:33:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Begs the question" is not a way of saying, "which leads me to wonder..."

https://www.txst.edu/philosophy/resources/fallacy-definitions/Begging-the-Question.html
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I just wonder how our pro-Russian "conservatives" will take this. Will they keep up with the "Russians were always the good guys" idiocy?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:34:21 PM EDT
[#7]
After US intelligence supplied the Ukes with targeting data for the Moskva, I don't think they will tolerate drones near their fleet.

Wagner maybe cannon fodder. A ship is serious bidness.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:36:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Seems kind of obvious, but as long as its in international airspace, its got every right to be there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course it had the right to be there. That wasn’t my question though.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:36:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Oddly enough that isn't what is happening but that never stops you from posting bullshit now does it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ukie simps are jerking furiously over the prospect of escalation...
Oddly enough that isn't what is happening but that never stops you from posting bullshit now does it.

Oddly enough? So normally the Ukie simps would be jerking furiously. Why not this time?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:36:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Just a minute - I need to inventory my Survival Kit

Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings.

O.K.!  Good to Go!
View Quote

Shoot, A Fella’ Could Have A Pretty Good Weekend In Vegas With All That Stuff
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:36:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just wonder how our pro-Russian "conservatives" will take this. Will they keep up with the "Russians were always the good guys" idiocy?
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:37:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I must have missed the part where we nuked Moscow & Beijing for supplying their weapons & more importantly their Troops to actively kill Americans in Korea & Cuba & Vietnam.

In Korea - actual Russian Pilots in Russian Aircraft (Painted as N.K.) were shooting down American aircraft.

In Korea - actual Chinese Troops (250,000 men) were sent in the winter of 1950 to maul the US troops with very heavy casualties In total about 3 million Chinese civilian and military personnel had served in Korea throughout the war.  

Did we Bomb Beijing or land amphibious forces on their coast?

In Cuba - actual Russian air defense troops used a Russian SAM to shoot down a U-2 (killing the pilot) that was monitoring the Russian missile sites.

Did we do anything?

In Vietnam - actual Russian "Advisors" were boots on the ground operating the S.A.M. air defense batteries that show down US aircraft.  

Did we bomb Vladivostok?

Merely supplying weapons & intelligence to an 'ally' is NOT the same as "Being at War" with their opponent.

Russians may not like our drones flying in International Airspace.  My suggestion is a big mystery cannister attached under the wings.  If another Russian jet wants to get "jiggy wit it" and ram a US Drone by "accident".  Set off massive self destruct charge (for safety as we can't have a out of control drone roaming around the Black Sea) and if said gigantic explosion takes out that Soviet aircraft ...  - do it enough and eventually even the Russians will learn the lesson.
View Quote

You left out Russia capping JFK and the American response being to hide the evidence files from the public and even today are too scared to release them to the public.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:37:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Start sending up the drones in pairs or more to cover eachother from these kinds of shenanigans.

Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:38:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Well, boys, I reckon this is it. Nuclear combat toe-to-toe with the Ruskies.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:38:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:39:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
EUCOM OFFICIAL STATEMENT
“Two Russian Su-27 aircraft conducted an unsafe and unprofessional intercept with a U.S.
Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance unmanned MQ-9 aircraft that was operating within international airspace over the Black Sea today.
At approximately 7:03 AM (CET), one of the Russian Su-27 aircraft struck the propeller of the MQ-9, causing U.S. forces to have to bring the MQ-9 down in international waters.
Several times before the collision, the Su-27s dumped fuel on and flew in front of the MQ-9 in a reckless, environmentally unsound and unprofessional manner. This incident demonstrates a lack of competence in addition to being unsafe and unprofessional.
"Our MQ-9 aircraft was conducting routine operations in international airspace when it was intercepted and hit by a Russian aircraft, resulting in a crash and complete loss of the MQ-9," said U.S. Air Force Gen. James B. Hecker, commander, U.S. Air Forces Europe and Air Forces Africa. "In fact, this unsafe and unprofessional act by the Russians nearly caused both aircraft to crash."
"U.S. and Allied aircraft will continue to operate in international airspace and we call on the Russians to conduct themselves professionally and safely, Hecker added.
This incident follows a pattern of dangerous actions by Russian pilots while interacting with U.S. and Allied aircraft over international airspace, including over the Black Sea. These aggressive actions by Russian aircrew are dangerous and could lead to miscalculation and unintended escalation.”
View Quote

So if only one crashed and only the drone was reported to have dropped off radar...
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:39:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Missile cost vs balloon against fighter jet cost vs drone?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:40:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Surveillance, visual and electronic, would be my guess.

Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:41:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

What's the question?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:43:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What's the question?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the question?

He recently (oddly) claimed that he has seen no evidence of any large scale conflicts or hostilities taking place there, so maybe the presence of intelligence gathering aircraft is confusing to him.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:45:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

WTF are we doing flying drones over the Black Sea.
View Quote

Our backyard extends to the Russian border
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:45:36 PM EDT
[#22]
What did we do when the Chinese rammed our P3? What did we do when Iran stole our a advanced drone?

Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:45:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Oddly enough? So normally the Ukie simps would be jerking furiously. Why not this time?
View Quote

The odd part is that certain people keep jumping into threads like this and declaring things that aren't so.   No one cares about your "head canon" (aka delusion) unless they share it.  

In which case, I think the rest of us who don't share it would prefer you just go find a private place to share your fantasies.   Maybe play with model trains and have some imitation crab meat or whatever.  Not my business.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:47:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You left out Russia capping JFK and the American response being to hide the evidence files from the public and even today are too scared to release them to the public.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I must have missed the part where we nuked Moscow & Beijing for supplying their weapons & more importantly their Troops to actively kill Americans in Korea & Cuba & Vietnam.

In Korea - actual Russian Pilots in Russian Aircraft (Painted as N.K.) were shooting down American aircraft.

In Korea - actual Chinese Troops (250,000 men) were sent in the winter of 1950 to maul the US troops with very heavy casualties In total about 3 million Chinese civilian and military personnel had served in Korea throughout the war.  

In Cuba - actual Russian air defense troops used a Russian SAM to shoot down a U-2 (killing the pilot) that was monitoring the Russian missile sites.

Did we do anything?

In Vietnam - actual Russian "Advisors" were boots on the ground operating the S.A.M. air defense batteries that show down US aircraft.  

Did we bomb Vladivostok?

Merely supplying weapons & intelligence to an 'ally' is NOT the same as "Being at War" with their opponent.

Russians may not like our drones flying in International Airspace.  My suggestion is a big mystery cannister attached under the wings.  If another Russian jet wants to get "jiggy wit it" and ram a US Drone by "accident".  Set off massive self destruct charge (for safety as we can't have a out of control drone roaming around the Black Sea) and if said gigantic explosion takes out that Soviet aircraft ...  - do it enough and eventually even the Russians will learn the lesson.

It seems more likely the CIA did it than the Russians.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:47:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Monitoring an ongoing situation. Pretty typical...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Our logistics should be our only contribution, the Europussies should be supplying the cash and purchasing our hardware with their extreme wealth.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:49:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Is really unfortunate that I don't believe that there was a collision. I simply don't believe anything our government says anymore.

Was our drone taken out by Russia jets and we don't want to escalate so we're blaming it on a collision?
View Quote

bingo
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:49:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think the more modern theory is the russians were just a cover for our own IA involvement...
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:50:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

He recently (oddly) claimed that he has seen no evidence of any large scale conflicts or hostilities taking place there, so maybe the presence of intelligence gathering aircraft is confusing to him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the question?

It's pretty SOP and has been so since forever.  We even had naval vessels observing the Russo-Japanese war, IIRC.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:50:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It does bring up questions of co-belligerency.

In the case of the Soviets during the Cold War, we knew of their actions, and didn't publicize them (in most cases classifying the interactions) in our own political interest. Not because those actions were somehow "protected" in the general rule of warfare especially when they occurred in areas of active hostilities.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Merely supplying weapons & intelligence to an ally is NOT the same as "Being at War" with their opponent.

It does bring up questions of co-belligerency.

In the case of the Soviets during the Cold War, we knew of their actions, and didn't publicize them (in most cases classifying the interactions) in our own political interest. Not because those actions were somehow "protected" in the general rule of warfare especially when they occurred in areas of active hostilities.

We and the Russians both kept it on the downlow because we didn’t want millions in the streets demanding escalation of the war.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:50:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

'Cause I'm the motherfucker who started World War III ?
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:51:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Either way Oswald had KGB assassination branch ties and the government feels the files are still too dangerous to make public.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:52:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Collision my ass, they shot it down.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:52:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Did we do anything?

Did we bomb Vladivostok?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think we are well past that. We are providing free weapons, training and picking targets. We are already at war, it is just a matter of escalation.

Quoted:
So like the Russians did in Korea and Vietnam. I must have missed the war.

Quoted:
We are doing multiples of what they were and acknowledging it in the media. Our leadership is really moronic.

Did we do anything?

Did we bomb Vladivostok?

Lol, what?

I don’t think you understand. Re-read my post and look up the word escalation in the dictionary.

Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:53:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Biden let the Chinese fly over the entire US before taking action.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:54:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Maybe the payback should be taking out the Russian's bridge into Ukraine.  
View Quote

We already took out their pipeline to Europe so might as well.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:54:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Now it’s a party!

The Russians are dumb as fuck. America will retaliate although it’ll probably be in the form of advances weapons to Ukraine.

Splash a drone? Here’s another 10,000 corpses to send home to mom.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:54:49 PM EDT
[#38]

"They shot down a Predator, and I say send some more!"
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:55:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Not if you just collided with his 25mm projectiles....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not an aviation engineer, but I would think that a mid air collision would also bring down the Jet.
Not if you just collided with his 25mm projectiles....

I believe it’s armed with a 30mm gun.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:55:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The only simps in this thread are the ones who support Russia.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ukie simps are jerking furiously over the prospect of escalation...

The only simps in this thread are the ones who support Russia.

There's a difference between supporting Russia and not supporting a proxy war, but you choose the strawman.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Gave it the ol’ Chinese balloon treatment.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:56:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Either way Oswald had KGB assassination branch ties and the government feels the files are still too dangerous to make public.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed, for sure our government hid information.

They are likely lying to us as well about this incident.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:56:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Why are Pentagon officials talking with reporters form Al-jezeera? What next, interviews with Pravda or TASS?
View Quote

I take it you do not read Al Jazeera. They tow the pentagon talking points with respect to Ukraine and have done so since the start of the conflict. TASS is obviously pro-Russian. Al-Jazeera...not so much.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:56:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It's pretty SOP and has been so since forever.  We even had naval vessels observing the Russo-Japanese war, IIRC.
View Quote

I think you missed the more important part of his statement.

For context, someone (the Russians) put out a pretty retarded disinformation social media blurb a couple of weeks ago.  "Why is there literally NO evidence of this supposed war in Ukraine?"  Or words to that effect.   Just hundreds of different twitter accounts, wordpress journalists, and others repeating the exact same quote in a short time frame.  

I wasn't aware we had anyone on arfcom who actually fell for it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:56:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Our logistics should be our only contribution, the Europussies should be supplying the cash and purchasing our hardware with their extreme wealth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:57:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Your side operates on binaries.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:57:25 PM EDT
[#47]
More like Mossad

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:57:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Live DOD presser on now.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:58:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:58:44 PM EDT
[#50]
US European Command said two Russian Su-27 fighters intercepted the unmanned MQ-9 Reaper over international waters and one clipped its propeller.

“Several times before the collision, the Su-27s dumped fuel on and flew in front of the MQ-9 in a reckless, environmentally unsound and unprofessional manner,” it said.

Absolutely Hilarious.
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top