BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 32
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:54:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Paging Dos Gringos to the courtesy phone.
View Quote

'Cause I'm the motherfucker who started World War III ?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:54:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Or I just like AK's and joined arfcom for the EE. Def didn't join it for GD to have others accuse me for thinking for myself. Anyways the story sounds fishy and propaganda-ish to me. Pictures or video footage or it didn't happen

Quoted:

User Name & Join Date...  Da Comrade! Tell us Americans more!

Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:55:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yeah seems kind of weird. It's war and Russia considers us a combatant. I guess some people are still in denial about it.
View Quote

If that's the case they'll understand when we sweep the Black Sea of their aircraft.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:55:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

T H I S . . . I'm calling bull-shit . . . there's no way in hell that you're going to "clip" the prop on one of these fuckers with a jet fighter.

https://external-preview.redd.it/10MEYFgEfiYqasMi9rfH1na4cIa12AWNHyy0E-wVR7s.jpg?auto=webp&s=61e328b8d188a36fcf007a38ed4526f0c6cc3e59
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looking at a photo of the mq-9, clipping the propeller will clip a lot of other important stuff too.

T H I S . . . I'm calling bull-shit . . . there's no way in hell that you're going to "clip" the prop on one of these fuckers with a jet fighter.

https://external-preview.redd.it/10MEYFgEfiYqasMi9rfH1na4cIa12AWNHyy0E-wVR7s.jpg?auto=webp&s=61e328b8d188a36fcf007a38ed4526f0c6cc3e59

We are lied to every single day.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:56:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is really unfortunate that I don't believe that there was a collision. I simply don't believe anything our government says anymore.

Was our drone taken out by Russia jets and we don't want to escalate so we're blaming it on a collision?
View Quote

At the other end of the scale, the drone crashed on its own but our government does want to blame Russia and escalate things, but they don't want to give Russia the victory of shooting down a drone so they say it was a collision
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:57:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I think we are well past that. We are providing free weapons, training and picking targets. We are already at war, it is just a matter of escalation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So the Russians down a US drone in international airspace. Isn't this an act of war?

I think we are well past that. We are providing free weapons, training and picking targets. We are already at war, it is just a matter of escalation.

So like the Russians did in Korea and Vietnam. I must have missed the war.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:58:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Why are Pentagon officials talking with reporters form Al-jezeera? What next, interviews with Pravda or TASS?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:58:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Found the video.
Beavis and butthead: Drones (pt. 7)
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:59:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I changed my mind
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The russian fighter probably never saw it, or the US is lying and it was shot down.

I am going with the latter

Yep.

I changed my mind

Ok...
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:00:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So the Russians down a US drone in international airspace. Isn't this an act of war?

We are doing multiples of what they were and acknowledging it in the media. Our leadership is really moronic.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:01:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

We are doing multiples of what they were and acknowledging it in the media. Our leadership is really moronic.
View Quote

I think not. China provided millions of men. Who shot Americans.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:01:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The only simps in this thread are the ones who support Russia.
View Quote

Yep. Amazing how defining who the aggressor is can be so confusing to some. At least it wasn't another airliner.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:02:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Dang ole, fuckin, Alice Babylawn, man.
View Quote
I rafted
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:04:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Was the drone operator able to eject?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:05:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Feel free to cry to the mods again sweetheart.

Shouldn't you be bashing Republicans in the main thread with the other simps?

Please stop thread stalking me, it's creepy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Triggered?

Have some Bounty.
Nope just pointing out that often post in threads like these to flame other members. Kind of like how you got booted from the big Ukraine thread.

Kinda weird that the dude who bitches the most about thread stalking and bashing members is one of the most prolific thread stalkers and member bashers.  Hypocrisy in it's finest.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:06:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And we weren’t at war with them?  Of course we were, we just chose to limit it to the Korean Peninsula.

MacArthur wanted to nuke Beijing.

ETA, and China isn’t Russia, please try to stay on topic.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:06:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Kinda weird that the dude who bitches the most about thread stalking and bashing members is one of the most prolific thread stalkers and member bashers.  Hypocrisy in it's finest.
View Quote

Well...it is GD
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:07:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Monitoring an ongoing situation. Pretty typical...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF are we doing flying drones over the Black Sea.

This.  We do it all over the world, especially in the hot spots.  Data gatehring and monitoring.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:08:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Bullshit. Russian pilot fucked around. Probably some wingtip or jetwash stunt that went wrong, hoping to kill the drone.

Nevermind. Confirmed by hippo.

Wish i could say it was a fair trade.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:08:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The russian fighter probably never saw it, or the US is lying and it was shot down.

I am going with the latter

I changed my mind.
View Quote

Can you say why?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:08:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Triggered?

Have some Bounty.
Nope just pointing out that often post in threads like these to flame other members. Kind of like how you got booted from the big Ukraine thread.

They believe they have righteousness on their side.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:09:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This.  We do it all over the world, especially in the hot spots.  Data gatehring and monitoring.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF are we doing flying drones over the Black Sea.

Wouldn't a GH be more suited for that?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:09:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Is really unfortunate that I don't believe that there was a collision. I simply don't believe anything our government says anymore.

Was our drone taken out by Russia jets and we don't want to escalate so we're blaming it on a collision?
View Quote

This!

I bet in a couple years we will find out the ruscum shot it down with an R-73
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:12:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Playing chicken with an unmanned aircraft? I really hope they try that again.
View Quote

That's one way of them  getting some of our drone tech.  Nevermind what else i was gonna say
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:13:39 PM EDT
[#25]
odds that russian dumped fuel on it and then opened up the afterburners in front of it?

I dunno if I could even be mad
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:13:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What do you think it feels like to get your Reaper rammed out of the sky? Does the operator get sent home for the day and cry about it in the shower? Does he say "Oh well, lost another one" and go get a cup of coffee?
View Quote

It’s probably some chubby broad in a skin tight flight suit who had previously washed out of pilot training.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:14:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Mig went down too?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:15:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looking at a photo of the mq-9, clipping the propeller will clip a lot of other important stuff too.

Maybe the drone operator tried to pull a Maverick?

"Gonna hit the brakes and he'll fly right on by."

Then it ended up being a brake check collision.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:16:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Doubtful.

Russian aviators train extensively in the PIT maneuver.
View Quote

Dale Earnhart IS alive!
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:17:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Man, a big portion of Americans are walking around on egg shells when it comes to Russia. "WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING TO UPSET THE RUSSIANS, THEY MAY NUKE US!"

Reagan rolling in his grave
View Quote

You're right, he was too busy surrendering to the Iranians.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:17:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:18:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Point of order, but I don't think ANY non-Vietnamese force in Vietnam could be described in the "millions" unless you are speaking cumulatively.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:18:50 PM EDT
[#33]
how many su-27s does RU have left?  Didn't they start this 3-day cruise with only 100 or so?  and doesn't that mean less than 50 that actually work?

Not to call into question russian logic, but this seems like a disproportionate risk.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:19:05 PM EDT
[#34]
We should give Ukraine $50bil because we littered in the Black Sea.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:19:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Ukie simps are jerking furiously over the prospect of escalation...
View Quote

Cry moar.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:19:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
odds that russian dumped fuel on it and then opened up the afterburners in front of it?

I dunno if I could even be mad
View Quote

That would be a hell of a sight, LOL. I'm still going with the PIT manuver in the air thing. Russian pilots have been doing that since WWII--oaky maybe not since WW2 but there is a precident there. https://www.warhistoryonline.com/instant-articles/soviet-kamikaze.html?chrome=1
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:20:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Different orbit and altitude. You can see lots of RQ-4 flights over the Black Sea on the flight tracking websites under the call sign FORTE.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:21:06 PM EDT
[#38]
So did the Reaper fall directly onto the Chinese trawler or did it have to get towed there?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:23:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
View Quote

I must have missed the part where we nuked Moscow & Beijing for supplying their weapons & more importantly their Troops to actively kill Americans in Korea & Cuba & Vietnam.

In Korea - actual Russian Pilots in Russian Aircraft (Painted as N.K.) were shooting down American aircraft.

In Korea - actual Chinese Troops (250,000 men) were sent in the winter of 1950 to maul the US troops with very heavy casualties In total about 3 million Chinese civilian and military personnel had served in Korea throughout the war.  

Did we Bomb Beijing or land amphibious forces on their coast?

In Cuba - actual Russian air defense troops used a Russian SAM to shoot down a U-2 (killing the pilot) that was monitoring the Russian missile sites.

Did we do anything?

In Vietnam - actual Russian "Advisors" were boots on the ground operating the S.A.M. air defense batteries that show down US aircraft.  

Did we bomb Vladivostok?

Merely supplying weapons & intelligence to an 'ally' is NOT the same as "Being at War" with their opponent.

Russians may not like our drones flying in International Airspace.  My suggestion is a big mystery cannister attached under the wings.  If another Russian jet wants to get "jiggy wit it" and ram a US Drone by "accident".  Set off massive self destruct charge (for safety as we can't have a out of control drone roaming around the Black Sea) and if said gigantic explosion takes out that Soviet aircraft ...  - do it enough and eventually even the Russians will learn the lesson.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:24:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Well, boys, I reckon this is it. Nuclear combat toe-to-toe with the Ruskies.

Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:25:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:26:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wing attack plan R?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:27:19 PM EDT
[#43]
So a Gulf of Tonkin incident then?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:27:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Remember when we had nuclear war after NATO member Turkey shot down a Russian aircraft intentionally, using missiles, in 2015?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:28:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Merely supplying weapons & intelligence to an ally is NOT the same as "Being at War" with their opponent.
View Quote

It does bring up questions of co-belligerency.

In the case of the Soviets during the Cold War, we knew of their actions, and didn't publicize them (in most cases classifying the interactions) in our own political interest. Not because those actions were somehow "protected" in the general rule of warfare especially when they occurred in areas of active hostilities.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:28:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it."
View Quote

This is used all the time here.

But it has never been more true.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:28:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

I will take that bet. Downside is that if you win, it will be hard to collect.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:28:50 PM EDT
[#48]
For all Russia knows, it was a Ukranian flying that thing. God only knows how much equipment with American flags on it is currently over there being used to wage war.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:30:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Different orbit and altitude. You can see lots of RQ-4 flights over the Black Sea on the flight tracking websites under the call sign FORTE.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which begs the question. Why was it there?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:31:48 PM EDT
[#50]
The EUCOM press statement is priceless.  Woke eco-warriors complaining about the "environmentally unsound" fuel dumping on the Reaper.

What a bunch of clowns.

https://www.eucom.mil/pressrelease/42314/russian-aircraft-collides-into-us-unmanned-system-in-international-waters

Several times before the collision, the Su-27s dumped fuel on and flew in front of the MQ-9 in a reckless, environmentally unsound and unprofessional manner. This incident demonstrates a lack of competence in addition to being unsafe and unprofessional.
View Quote

If you say "unprofessional" enough times, it gives you the moral high ground in a war.
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top