BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 1:37:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you often cross state lines with yours?

I have 5 SBR's, no brace.
View Quote
I do.
I live near a border & shoot in both states.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 1:29:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have 5 SBRs and I say brace is better. Does everything an SBR does but also can ride in the vehicle as a concealed weapon .
View Quote
My understanding of Texas law suggests that this is wrong and the OPPOSITE is true, at least in Texas and similar states.  An AR-15 pistol is probably subject to handgun laws, not rifle laws, which means that the pistol must not be in plain view unless the owner both has a CHL/LTC and the AR-pistol must be carried in a shoulder or belt holster (good luck with that).  An SBR on the other hand, can be carried openly in Texas, both in a car and in public, because it is a rifle.

Happy to be shown otherwise: https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/PE/htm/PE.46.htm
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 1:49:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

My understanding of Texas law suggests that this is wrong and the OPPOSITE is true, at least in Texas and similar states.  An AR-15 pistol is probably subject to handgun laws, not rifle laws, which means that the pistol must not be in plain view unless the owner both has a CHL/LTC and the AR-pistol must be carried in a shoulder or belt holster (good luck with that).  An SBR on the other hand, can be carried openly in Texas, both in a car and in public, because it is a rifle.

Happy to be shown otherwise: https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/PE/htm/PE.46.htm
View Quote
Most of them only know their own state laws or what's being parroting from the other parrots without actually knowing each states laws, and then posting about it as if it's universal with every state when in fact it isn't.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 2:28:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Poll fail, no "get both"
View Quote
This right here. I have both and they offer advantages and disadvantages. Pistols are pistols and SBR’s aren’t dependent on whims of the government on if I can shoulder it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 2:40:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have 5 SBRs and I say brace is better. Does everything an SBR does but also can ride in the vehicle as a concealed weapon and travel over state lines without permission from BATFE.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 2:48:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I’m on the hook for one SBR already. I went with a brace this time around. No regrets. Have both.

It’s silly to even argue this as it is a personal preference. To each his own.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 2:58:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got a pistol AR and a CZ Scorpion with Shockwave braces. I currently have no NFA stuff and if I was going to do anything that way it would be suppressors. But I am not real patient and can't bring myself to spend hundreds of dollars to wait months and months.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top