Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/14/2006 12:05:16 PM EDT
I think I might go try to score one of MOH recipient Randall Shugart's person firearms. They are being auctioned off near me next Saturday. Let me know if anyone wants me to pick one up for them. I think his Colt Series 70 would be awesome.

Link Posted: 10/14/2006 12:11:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 12:13:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll have to go watch BHD again tonight.  True American hero.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 12:16:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The school district where Shugart graduated refused to name the new High School after him a few years ago. They said it would be an affront to all others who served to name it after just one man.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 12:17:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow.

I don't think I'd feel right buying his stuff, YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 12:19:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Wow.

Why not.

I'm assuming of course that the family wants to sell it at auction.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 12:20:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e192/joelnro/ShugartSale.jpg

Quoted:
I think his Colt Series 70 would be awesome.

Yes it would.  Sad to see it not stay in the family.  Would be very weird... but it needs to go to a good home.

Quoted:
True American hero.

Yep.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 12:21:30 PM EDT
[#7]
man, wonder why the family is needing to sell them, you would think that MOH reciepiants would be taken care of by the gov.   atleast i think thats the way it should be.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 12:21:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Wow.

Indeed.

And please edit the title to refelct that he was a Sergeant First Class in the United States Army; at the very least, the letters SFC should precede his name.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 12:23:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd love to own some of it, Obviously the man was a shooter (I am the grand overstater of the obvious) and would want it used.  I believe I'd cherish any of them a great deal.

Actually, I've got a good bit of cash on me, when is the auction and where.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 12:24:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
man, wonder why the family is needing to sell them, you would think that MOH reciepiants would be taken care of by the gov.   atleast i think thats the way it should be.
Jesus, women, probably his wife is afraid of those "goddamned" guns. "wants them outta the house immediately"....
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 12:24:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Very sad that the family would have to resort to selling off his personal possessions.

A true American hero.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 12:53:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Jesus, women, probably his wife is afraid of those "goddamned" guns. "wants them outta the house immediately"....

You're an assclown! How dare you talk about Stephanie that way.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 12:59:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm gonna bet there are other items worth buying as well, like some of those coin sets....

A shame really, makes me sad.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 1:00:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Shuggart was a Fudd, I'm suprised.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 1:01:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wow.

Indeed.

And please edit the title to refelct that he was a Sergeant First Class in the United States Army; at the very least, the letters SFC should precede his name.

+100!
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 1:09:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Well kinda fits, he was a sniper wasn't he....very akin to hunting one shot one kill and all.

I did see a mini-14 in there
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 1:10:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I wonder as well.  I personally wouldn't feel right buying them.  I would hope there are enough friends of SFC Shugart around who would buy them.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 1:15:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 1:18:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Did I miss the part of the ad that said his family was starving and needed to sell the guns for food and rent?

Why is everyone assuming that his family is selling them because they need money?

Maybe they just don't want them. Maybe they can't decide who gets what. Hell, maybe they want to give the money to charity.

Not everyone feels the need to keep every possession owned by their relatives. Some people prefer to get rid of it all.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 1:25:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Did I miss the part of the ad that said his family was starving and needed to sell the guns for food and rent?

Why is everyone assuming that his family is selling them because they need money?

Maybe they just don't want them. Maybe they can't decide who gets what. Hell, maybe they want to give the money to charity.

Not everyone feels the need to keep every possession owned by their relatives. Some people prefer to get rid of it all.

+1 when my father died we didnt need the money but my mom sold 99% of his stuff....to many happy memories that would make her cry she said...
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 1:29:53 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

She has a right to sell everything off, and this is a forum where I can express my views. Most men when they drop dead, their wives cannot wait to get rid of everything the husband had. Fact of life or fact of death.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 1:32:57 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The school district where Shugart graduated refused to name the new High School after him a few years ago. They said it would be an affront to all others who served to name it after just one man.

I think he and Gordon had ships named after them.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 1:33:37 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

She has a right to sell everything off, and this is a forum where I can express my views. Most men when they drop dead, their wives cannot wait to get rid of everything the husband had. Fact of life or fact of death.
The man died 13 years ago.

I doubt his family is in a sudden rush to sell off his guns now, or that his wife is afraid of them.

Link Posted: 10/14/2006 1:39:11 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Wow.

Why not?

It's no different than owning a firearm once owned by any other great American. Would you say the same thing about Patton's or Teddy Roosevelt's firearms?
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 1:42:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
They said it would be an affront to all others who served to name it after just one man.
Somehow I believe "all others who served" wouldn't have complained...
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 2:09:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Why do people assume that every firearm owned by the gentleman is being sold off? Maybe they kept some and are selling some.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 2:09:49 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The man died 13 years ago.

I doubt his family is in a sudden rush to sell off his guns now, or that his wife is afraid of them.

Probably an estate sale, they could have been finally settled where the she can pass probate, I have been in probate since '98, finally settled in court of May this year. For the record Randy Shugart was a hero, he gave his life for the guys next to him, his wife is not a war hero just the executor and benefactor of an estate sale.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 2:12:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Too bad I couldn't take off work.  Get some collectables.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 2:25:59 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wow.

Why not.

I'm assuming of course that the family wants to sell it at auction.

Personally, I would proud and honored to own one of his guns.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 2:33:20 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

When someone dies sometimes people change.  I've watched it in my wife's family and it's kind of sad.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 2:41:01 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Why do people assume that every firearm owned by the gentleman is being sold off? Maybe they kept some and are selling some.

Family and friends always get first choice b4 any auction.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 2:48:05 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When someone dies sometimes people change.  I've watched it in my wife's family and it's kind of sad.
Thank you I have seen that more than i can handle.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 3:18:27 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which would make sense if all of MOH recipients had attended that school. Or if they had more than 3 or so
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 3:57:08 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which would make sense if all of MOH recipients had attended that school. Or if they had more than 3 or so

Personally, I think it is all BS.  I think there is a school named after the woman astronaut that was killed in the Challenger.  What did she do that was that great?  She was just picked to be an astronaut, nothing more and nothing less.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 3:59:49 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Personally, I think it is all BS.  I think there is a school named after the woman astronaut that was killed in the Challenger.  What did she do that was that great?  She was just picked to be an astronaut, nothing more and nothing less.
Wasn't she a teacher?
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 4:15:56 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Immediately? As in 13 years after his death?
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 4:26:11 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wasn't she a teacher?

Christie Macaliff?  I think there is an elementary school named after her.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 4:39:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Do you think these guns will sell at ridiculous prices or more like estate sale prices? I dont have a ton money but I'd love to own one of his guns.

PAEBR332, IM inbound.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 5:06:14 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow. What a strange thing to say. You need to meet more women.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 5:29:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 5:38:44 PM EDT
[#41]
If I had the extra cash I'd head there on the next thing smokin', but it's very depressing knowing that those things aren't staying in the family.
Link Posted: 10/15/2006 1:06:50 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow. What a strange thing to say. You need to meet more women.
You are not lying
Link Posted: 10/15/2006 1:10:31 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Immediately? As in 13 years after his death?
Estates take a long time to settle even the present wife may have to establish probate when there are other family, extended families, guardian ad leitums, I have been in probate since '98 just settled in May of 2006 in court.
Link Posted: 10/15/2006 1:23:22 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think he and Gordon had ships named after them.

and training areas in JRTC at fort polk.
Link Posted: 10/15/2006 1:24:18 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Wow.

Me, neither.
Link Posted: 10/15/2006 1:38:58 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Why?  

I'd trust a man that could shoot Bambi in the face for real more than I would someone that talks about what he THINKS he's capable of on the internet.
Link Posted: 10/15/2006 2:27:38 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So what do you suppose are the odds that out of their professed concern for 'all others who served', they instead named the HS "Veterans of Somalia HS" or even "Veterans HS"?
Link Posted: 10/15/2006 2:30:07 PM EDT
[#48]
There should be an automatic pension for two or three generations of MOH recipients' families and for the recipients themselves, if they're alive.
Link Posted: 10/15/2006 2:37:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Link for the auction notice....looks like its his parents:

www.perrycountytimes.com/class/KlingShug1021.pdf

WBK
Link Posted: 10/15/2006 2:42:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top