Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/12/2008 11:15:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
For all of you saying Multi-Cam is the Official Camo Pattern of ARFCOM. . .

Everyone who's been here longer than ten minutes knows the correct answer is MARPAT.

As you were.

Link Posted: 10/13/2008 5:17:20 AM EDT
[#2]
in the field Multi-Cam and a Ghillie Suit in a pack
in a urban area Cargo pants boots shirt that can conceal a handgun and some body armor
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 5:43:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I live in a small town, it is not uncommon at all to see people at Walmart shopping in mossy oak or real tree, or at the local ball game.  I see kids showing up to church youth activities wear camo jackets.  BDUs are not uncommon.

One would not stand out here wearing some kind of hunting camo.

Honestly, at least for hardwood forest camo, the 3D Fusion stuff from Walmart is incredible.  I use it for hunting and especially in fall, it blends incredibly well.  I dropped my jacket over my pack one day near my stand to chase down a deer.  I could only find the pack because I knew where the stand was.  I could not see the pack until within about 10-12 feet of it.

Link Posted: 10/13/2008 5:51:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Dress shirt, UA ColdGear leggings and shirt, , jeans, wool socks and boots. Maybe a jacket if it's a little frosty.

Add CCW setup. Add Bauer Bag.

Camoflauge is, by definition, a medium for blending in with your enviornment. If you're going to be stomping around the ghetto for the day then the appropriate "bling" should be sported.

If you're going to spend the day in a corporate setting, then you need to dust off your best suit.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

However, in the spirit of the thread, I'll be wearing a skintight bodysuit.

Perhaps even a cape.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 5:59:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

So you need to run on OP in YOUR neighborhood, (not talking about walking around in the day time)..

You got houses, back yards, housing tracts...street lights...but you need all the gear necessary for a raid...the chance of a fire fight is high, so a simple back pack and pockets isnt going to cut it.

What kind and type of camo / uniform would you wear.  Almost any pattern will not work for the whole time, but a desert camo ACU seems like a fully lit Christmas tree in a suburban neighborhood...mix that with a shinny nylon "tac vest"...and you are spotted easy by the zombies...what you gonna wear...

I'll stick to Levis and maybe Levi cargo pants (or shorts if it's Summer) for 99% of incidents. I'm not going out dressed head to toe in 5.11s (not that I could, I don't have that much of their stuff).
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 12:44:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
img225.imageshack.us/img225/6127/graw20013no4.jpg

Great looking gear! Where can I find that shirt and pants?

It's some airsoft guy from the UK:

www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=82327
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 12:45:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Just some rugged clothing. Don't care if they are camo or not.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 1:10:14 PM EDT
[#8]
You dont get over to the tactical gear section often do you?
Some of us have already planned for this contingency and run drills as well.

Link Posted: 10/13/2008 1:23:33 PM EDT
[#9]
If I had to guess, most folks would look similar to this:

Cept me.  I'd look like this:

I call it my "Fuck it, I'm foing" gear.  I'm an excellent runner.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 2:01:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Jeans and earth tone shirt or jacket. Dark running shoes or work or hiking boots.

Once, going out to shoot, my brother-in-law and I saw three guys pulled over by a sheriff, wearing matching full desert cammies.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 2:53:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If I had to guess, most folks would look similar to this:

i35.tinypic.com/or5xci.jpg

Cept me.  I'd look like this:

i35.tinypic.com/2w3x4hz.jpg

I call it my "Fuck it, I'm foing" gear.  I'm an excellent runner.

Who would have thought the Japanese school girl look would be effective in FLA.  

My bet is similar to this :

or even more likely:

He needs some CarHart
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 2:58:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
img225.imageshack.us/img225/6127/graw20013no4.jpg

Great looking gear! Where can I find that shirt and pants?

It's some airsoft guy from the UK:

www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=82327

That would explain the pistol mags where the rifles mags should be.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 4:08:04 PM EDT
[#15]
black combats grey tee grey hoodie.

and a revolver (scoped) and a .22 air rifl
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top