Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 32
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 8:34:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The update that he was a colonel and the dude was taking pictures of his kids is quite interesting.

I wish there was more information about this influx of foreign labor for utilities/construction contractors.

Searching online the biggest change was the undoing of Trumps executive order requiring contractors to hire Americans.
View Quote

They were "hiring Americans" when Trump was in office, it was just based on faked documents and stolen SS numbers. Some of these companies have people whose entire job is keeping their people "legal"
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 9:08:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
With 1.6 million invaders getting through the border free and clear in the past three years, it's hard to give a foreign stranger casing your property the benefit of the doubt in 2024.
View Quote
It's wayyyyyyyyy more than 1.6 million.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 9:14:02 PM EDT
[#3]
As easy as it is for all the sheepdogs to start with the patriot games nonsense, more likely than not this falls under occam's razor.

Fly by night central Asian-owned company hires knuckleheads from within their community circle.  They subcontract all over the place due to massive shortages in labor and services, and put their people on the road.  Two clowns who don't speak English are told to do a thing and that they have the authority to do so.  Homeowner challenges them and tells them to leave, they refuse, and classic central Asian machismo kicks in.  Turns out, they fucked with the wrong dude.

If this really were a subplot from Ghost Recon the idiot on ground would have definitely done much better than accomplishing nothing but dying on a property easement.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 9:21:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

They were "hiring Americans" when Trump was in office, it was just based on faked documents and stolen SS numbers. Some of these companies have people whose entire job is keeping their people "legal"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The update that he was a colonel and the dude was taking pictures of his kids is quite interesting.

I wish there was more information about this influx of foreign labor for utilities/construction contractors.

Searching online the biggest change was the undoing of Trumps executive order requiring contractors to hire Americans.

When I left the Army one of my first jobs I got was as a satellite TV tech. Back then most of the guys were white Americans.

From what I've been told most of that is being done by 'no habla English' types and the corresponding identify theft has shot through the roof besides all the under the table pay arrangements.

In a way I understand it from an employer's point of view. On the other hand these guys take over an entire trade in a region and are used to living in 3rd world conditions instead of Americans being employed. It's a short term gain that ends up hurting the economic prospects of lots of people.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 9:49:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Lol. I had lunch delivered to a customer earlier this week. I got a call from the Uber Eats driver and we couldn’t even have a conversation because the guy’s English was so damn bad. I applaud the guy for working, but you should be required to speak the native language if you’re doing that job…or any job where you have to speak with people
View Quote

A lot of illegal aliens work for ride share and foood delivery apps under someone else’s account. The account holder keeps 20% and the illegal doing the actual work gets about 80%.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 12:56:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
As easy as it is for all the sheepdogs to start with the patriot games nonsense, more likely than not this falls under occam's razor.

Fly by night central Asian-owned company hires knuckleheads from within their community circle.  They subcontract all over the place due to massive shortages in labor and services, and put their people on the road.  Two clowns who don't speak English are told to do a thing and that they have the authority to do so.  Homeowner challenges them and tells them to leave, they refuse, and classic central Asian machismo kicks in.  Turns out, they fucked with the wrong dude.

If this really were a subplot from Ghost Recon the idiot on ground would have definitely done much better than accomplishing nothing but dying on a property easement.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/25/2024 1:02:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Don't take photos of their families and do you speak English?
View Quote
Sometimes I take photos of their houses.  If the family wants to get in on it, fine.  Lots of overview photos too.

Do you guys all live under rocks?
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 1:08:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Delta gonna get some revenge on some chechens overseas for this bullshit
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 1:09:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

100% this is NOT it
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 5:09:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 5:24:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Shooting an unarmed utility worker taking pictures on an easement is a pretty bad shoot.
View Quote

You seem convinced this is exactly what happened.    Why?
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 5:24:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Shooting an unarmed utility worker taking pictures on an easement is a pretty bad shoot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If, and I repeat IF, our dead Caucasian friend really was there for work and it was just a legit misunderstanding....his family may have grounds for a civil case against his employer, but still not a bad shoot.

Unless that utility worker didn’t like your tone and decided to attack you over it.  Individuals vary, there are some crazy people out there, and this company likely didn’t administer a psychological stability test, or a thorough background check.  No one in this thread was there.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 5:46:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 5:51:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 6:01:26 AM EDT
[#15]
A non U.S. citizen from Chicago working for a New Jersey utility company in North Carolina on private property with no official identification and no declared reason to be on private property……. Hmmmmmm.

In other news, two Jordanians posing as Amazon employees breaking security at Quanico. Other illegals trying to get on another military base and now this non U.S. citizen on private property owned by a Spec Ops soldier……….

Ahem, am I tracking here or just grasping obvious straws???
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 6:04:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Unless that utility worker didn’t like your tone and decided to attack you over it.  Individuals vary, there are some crazy people out there, and this company likely didn’t administer a psychological stability test, or a thorough background check.  No one in this thread was there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If, and I repeat IF, our dead Caucasian friend really was there for work and it was just a legit misunderstanding....his family may have grounds for a civil case against his employer, but still not a bad shoot.

No but we can profile the everliving fuck out of the situation.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 6:08:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 6:16:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
He was on a power line easement. Probably photographing whether there were trees or brush that needed to be trimmed. Power companies hire contractors to clear limbs and brush from power line easements.

John Matrix saw him and thought "Oh no he is photographing Jenny!" Ran out with a gun "Vat are you doing!?" "Jibba jabba?" Etc bangx6
View Quote

Damn dude, you should share all of your knowledge with the investigators who are working to piece this all together.

Poor fella, just taking photographs for work near twilight hours when some maniac just hopped out of the woods and killed him.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 6:23:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 6:30:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Let me know when you catch the first FBI agent marching with Patriot Front. ;p
View Quote

Word is that those dudes were temporarily reassigned and are all currently busy trying to verify whether this Chechen dude actually worked for the utilities company. As of two days ago they hadn't, so you should let them know. That way they can get back to showing up at pro-life rallies unannounced.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 6:39:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 6:50:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
A non U.S. citizen from Chicago working for a New Jersey utility company in North Carolina on private property with no official identification and no declared reason to be on private property.
View Quote

No dog in this purse swinging contest, but seeing several broadband projects and powerline rebuilds going on around me here and in my previous town, this is a plausible situation.

and utility easements/ROWs may be private property, but the utilities are free to do pretty much as they please in them when it comes to those utilities
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 7:28:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
That would seem to be dead last on the list to me.

Singleton / small unit of 5th columnist white durkas vs literally the worlds deadliest men, in their residential areas where they are dispersed (no Ryder truck of peace) and armed.

Not saying impossible, just that this is the maximum risk / minimum chance of success / minimal impact option on the menu.
View Quote

For clarity I wasn’t saying he was about to attack the SF member, rather that he could’ve been doing recon on him and his property etc for future use
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 7:36:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

250 yards from the roadway on private property combined with the above details are indeed interesting.
View Quote

Shooter pilfered ammo from work.  Fmj.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 7:41:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Nothing burger
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 7:52:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

LOL, we wish it was that few.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
With 1.6 million invaders getting through the border free and clear in the past three years, it's hard to give a foreign stranger casing your property the benefit of the doubt in 2024.

LOL, we wish it was that few.

Thats the reported number captured on surveillance but never physically apprehended.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 7:56:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 8:01:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Second responders weren't there so they can't judge. Looks like a good self defense shoot to me. Deceased was actively encroaching upon the residence, holding something, made some kind of agressive/threatening move/sound, property owner feared for his life, maybe even just blacked out, and shot to slide-lock. Not to kill, but to stop the threat.

Instead of the entire public hating this hero, we should be rallying around and supporting him. Paid adminidtrative leave is certainly in order...
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 8:08:31 AM EDT
[#29]
So is the homeowner going to pound you in the ass prison?
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 9:18:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
He was on a power line easement. Probably photographing whether there were trees or brush that needed to be trimmed. Power companies hire contractors to clear limbs and brush from power line easements.

John Matrix saw him and thought "Oh no he is photographing Jenny!" Ran out with a gun "Vat are you doing!?" "Jibba jabba?" Etc bangx6
View Quote

Yuuu are not my neighbaaa! Blam.

Still, odd there has been no more info on this.  Like not even a pic of the picture taker holding a baby or puppy.  3 weeks + since this happened.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 9:22:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Good shoot
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 9:22:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Delta gonna get some revenge on some chechens overseas for this bullshit
View Quote

Lol.

Do you have any idea how many Colonels are under SOCOM that aren't in Delta?  

Or how many are not operators at all?

I'm guessing no.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 9:59:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Lol.

Do you have any idea how many Colonels are under SOCOM that aren't in Delta?  

Or how many are not operators at all?

I'm guessing no.
View Quote

Lol!!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 10:17:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I don’t care the circumstances. I’ll never side with a Chechen over an American, and certainly not a veteran American.

Don’t give a shit
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 10:26:51 AM EDT
[#35]
We have a issue with sub culture that refuses to assimilate with basic communication (speaking English) and your the  
asshole if you do not accommodate them
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 10:43:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Sometimes I take photos of their houses.  If the family wants to get in on it, fine.  Lots of overview photos too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't take photos of their families and do you speak English?

You can take all the photos you want from the road. You have no right to my yard.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 10:46:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Well the dead guy was confirmed to work for the utility company. I'm guessing if he had a silenced pistol there wouldn't still be an investigation going a month later.

If the dead guy worked for Spectre the conspiracy requires the secret agent to have a pretty elaborate cover with a family and job at the utility to take some photos-but also to not bother wearing clothes to match his cover, get caught wandering in the open taking photos (I guess).

Seems like there would be easier ways to sneak up and photograph this guy's house.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well the dead guy was confirmed to work for the utility company. I'm guessing if he had a silenced pistol there wouldn't still be an investigation going a month later.

If the dead guy worked for Spectre the conspiracy requires the secret agent to have a pretty elaborate cover with a family and job at the utility to take some photos-but also to not bother wearing clothes to match his cover, get caught wandering in the open taking photos (I guess).

Seems like there would be easier ways to sneak up and photograph this guy's house.

It happened at dusk, after normal working hours.
There was no ID on to be seen.
The guy was taken pictures of the shooter's children.
The guy got aggresive, possibly tried to go hands on with the shooter.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 10:55:49 AM EDT
[#39]
How do you know this was not a terrorist probing recon? You don't.

But if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and shits like a duck, it is a duck.

This is the calm before the storm. It has already started and it is the news and people are still ignoring it.

Time to make some adjustments.

Link Posted: 5/25/2024 11:00:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should be easy to confirm what he was taking pictures of
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 11:02:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

How do you know this was not a terrorist probing recon? You don't.

But if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and shits like a duck, it is a duck.

This is the calm before the storm. It has already started and it is the news and people are still ignoring it.

Time to make some adjustments.

View Quote

Yeap.
I already the link to the Ft. Dix terror plot, where the pizza delivery guy gave tbe terrorist a detailed map on targets.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 11:19:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that part is weird if true. There again, I’d expect the average Joe to be going to pound me in the ass prison for shooting an unarmed person trespassing on their property. Even after dark.

Think about the trouble that  attorney and his wife got into just for brandishing to a mob. What if the couple would’ve opened up on that mob? I mean technically they were threatening him, the couple were obviously fearing for their lives and they were standing on their steps defending their home. This retired colonel found some randos, who didn’t speak good English, traipsing around his woods and just lit them up. He better hope they find a smoking gun leading back to a terrorist organization.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 11:21:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I don't know for sure, but I have seen illegals and visa holders used more and more for right of way inspections for utilities that hire out to 3rd parties. They just need bodies to walk paths and say if clearing needs to be done etc. From what I have experienced they fuck up more then they get it right. But cheapest bidder and all.
View Quote
I saw an unmarked white truck sitting just beyond our gate on a dead end road on a Sunday afternoon, so of course I go to see what is going on. Asked if they were ok or if they needed help. White dude got out of the truck and said they were inspecting the power lines and how the power company was going to either cut or spray anything within 30 feet of the line. You could hear people down under the power lines and I said do they know there are probably snakes out in there? He said they are used to it and he saw a pretty big one come sliding out. I said TVA law says run a chain saw for a few minutes and the snakes will leave. He said he'd heard that too and laughed.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 11:26:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Agreed.

I had some guy a few years ago doing the same thing.  Taking photos of the house, walking the yard, middle of a weekday.  Was suprised when I popped up behind him (CCW on).

Turns out he was an appraiser and looking at comparable, recently sold houses.  Showed me the houses he'd looked at and the one for sale.  I hadn't realized appraisers did that, but was totally fine.

So, yeah, I can see people doing sketchy things for legit reasons.... and not.
View Quote
Yeah it's not "legit" to just randomly walk around someone's house and yard taking pics. Knock on the fucking door and introduce yourself and ask permission to do so. This isn't the city park.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 11:54:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So Islamic dude in plain clothes trespassing and taking photos on a SOC dudes property gets uppity when confronted and then deaded. Failing to see the issue here.
View Quote
We don't know what was said or done by the dude who got shot. Half of us are understanding that and the other half is reading it like "he just shot some dude standing in his yard". A little courtesy goes a long way. If you need to check on and take pics of something in the backyard knocking on the door and state your business before hand especially if you are unmarked.  

We had an Indian dude basically park in front of the house on an obvious dead end road and just sit there in a white SUV. It was raining medium hard so I got the umbrella and walked over to see what was going on. I saw the out of state tags and opened up with "Hey buddy are you lost or having car trouble?". You know obvious reasons you'd be sitting on a one lane dead end road. He said he was testing the Verizon cellular network and trying to send in a report. I glanced at his laptop and what I saw matched his story. I said I can tell you that Verizon doesn't work with a shit out here after the switch to 4/5G. He was a nice enough dude and we had a good little chat about networks. I said well you have a good day I just wanted to make sure you weren't lost or having car trouble.

We also had a real estate dude pull into our drive after we passed him on our way to a funeral. So of course we turned around to see what he wanted. Dad leaned across me and hollered "Can we help you buddy?" He said I'm just sitting here in a real entitled smartassed tone. Dad said well find somewhere else to just sit that isn't our driveway or on our property which goes all the way to the main road on both sides. Don't know if he really was a real estate agent or someone casing the house on a dead end road.  Like I said a little courtesy goes a long way.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 12:36:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I thought this only happened in the movies?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good point

A call will be made and there will be no charges.

I thought this only happened in the movies?
Well he didn't have the same phone number Chris Kyle had to go the CIA.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 12:36:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Failing to own a shovel before it’s needed can be more expensive than the alternative.  

This won’t be the last of the problems created by new arrivals.
View Quote

Back hoe and lime, or a pig pen.

Shoveling by hand is so passé.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 12:57:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You can take all the photos you want from the road. You have no right to my yard.
View Quote
My power line company took lots of pics of my property easements as I have a big chunk of land.

However they called me and all of them showed up in company trucks, uniforms and did a awesome job cutting down some trees I wanted gone.

They always give me a heads up with a week or so window when they will be on the property, and they are local dudes.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 1:00:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Except it sounds like the shooter had a power line easement that allowed the dead guy on the property.
View Quote
Still should notify the homeowner and wear a company uniform.

Thats my experience around here.

They know we shoot a lot and don't want to be down range or around when folks are shooting.

Its a courtesy and safety thing.
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top