Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:40:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My Starfield journal came today so now I can journal about how I can't stop thinking about Starfield.

(Not my picture)

https://preview.redd.it/the-official-journal-excites-the-old-school-rpg-gamer-in-me-v0-807rwyba5yeb1.jpg?auto=webp&s=2eb79e00167eb0c85fd547dd273b3d349b27cd40
View Quote

Nice
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 3:31:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Game of the year for sure. I'm a sci-fi nerd and love anything space. I'm gonna have to build a new PC or buy an Xbox for it.
View Quote

Maybe.  We've got Baldur's Gate 3 and Warhammer 40K Rogue Trader that will be competing for that.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 6:56:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Maybe.  We've got Baldur's Gate 3 and Warhammer 40K Rogue Trader that will be competing for that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Game of the year for sure. I'm a sci-fi nerd and love anything space. I'm gonna have to build a new PC or buy an Xbox for it.

neither of those have nearly the hype/following of starfield
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 8:37:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Bit the bullet and ordered an AMD RX 6700 XT  GPU off Amazon. A lot of AMD GPUs are on sale with a free copy of Starfield, mine included.

Can't wait to play Skyrim in Space.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 4:19:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Bit the bullet and ordered an AMD RX 6700 XT  GPU off Amazon. A lot of AMD GPUs are on sale with a free copy of Starfield, mine included.

Can't wait to play Skyrim in Space.
View Quote

I ordered a new GPU to replace my 7 year old GTX 1080 with an RTX 4080 for this release too.

Edit: Got the RTX 4080 installed. Holy shit is it a tight fit in my old Corsair midsize case. I had to cut/break away part of the frame of one of my side intake fans and remove an interior hard drive fan to get the card in.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 8:46:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I ordered a new GPU to replace my 7 year old GTX 1080 with an RTX 4080 for this release too.

Edit: Got the RTX 4080 installed. Holy shit is it a tight fit in my old Corsair midsize case. I had to cut/break away part of the frame of one of my side intake fans and remove an interior hard drive fan to get the card in.
View Quote

I haven't seen a 40xx in person yet, but my 3-fan 6700 XT takes up a good amount of space in my Corsair, too. I got mine all built and setup yesterday, just redeemed my Starfield Premium code this morning.

If anyone goes through the Amazon sale, after you recieve your AMD GPU, you'll get an email from Amazon containing your coupon code. Follow the instructions and you'll get to a point where the AMD site will state your good to go and they'll email you when you can download the game. Release is September 6th, so I'm assuming that's when they'll notify me to download the game.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 3:08:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I haven't seen a 40xx in person yet, but my 3-fan 6700 XT takes up a good amount of space in my Corsair, too. I got mine all built and setup yesterday, just redeemed my Starfield Premium code this morning.

If anyone goes through the Amazon sale, after you recieve your AMD GPU, you'll get an email from Amazon containing your coupon code. Follow the instructions and you'll get to a point where the AMD site will state your good to go and they'll email you when you can download the game. Release is September 6th, so I'm assuming that's when they'll notify me to download the game.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/523928/20230806_144805_jpg-2911203.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/523928/20230806_144805_jpg-2911203.JPG
That's a sweet looking rig. I am way overdue for a new case. I think my Corsair C70 is over 10 years old now. I did not bother to pretty it up when I swapped the GPU and PSU, but I do want to do an update with a modern case similar to yours.
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 6:44:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Baldur’s Gate 3 pretty much has GOTY on lock down. Highly unlikely anything else will come close to it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 7:38:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That's a sweet looking rig. I am way overdue for a new case. I think my Corsair C70 is over 10 years old now. I did not bother to pretty it up when I swapped the GPU and PSU, but I do want to do an update with a modern case similar to yours.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks!

I'm pretty proud of it. It scores over 16k on cinebench and powers through every game I've played so far (minus things that are locked to 60fps like FMVs) at over 110fps most of the time.

I also changed it to a 40k theme to match my 40k army:
Attachment Attached File

I saw a Starfield Xbox controller at my local game store yesterday and I was tempted to get it.

Quoted:

Baldur’s Gate 3 pretty much has GOTY on lock down. Highly unlikely anything else will come close to it.

I agree. I've played Tears of the Kingdom (haven't beaten it, yet) and Final Fantasy 16 (beat it and played a little NG+) and so far, I'd say it's better than either of those two titles.
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 1:59:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks interesting
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:45:27 AM EDT
[#12]
My apology if already posted, looks like a really cool game

Starfield - Massive Game Preview (Details, Gameplay, & More!)
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 4:51:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Preordered this last week.  looks pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 10:48:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Built a new rig off Ryzen 78003dw/7900xtx and got a voucher for Premium edition of Starfield with the gpu. Pretty stoked for it tbh.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 6:45:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Built a new rig off Ryzen 78003dw/7900xtx and got a voucher for Premium edition of Starfield with the gpu. Pretty stoked for it tbh.
View Quote

That's going to be a badass setup. I did the same thing, but with a 6700XT and an Intel i5 Core 12600k.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 11:14:03 AM EDT
[#16]
The more I hear of this game the more I want it.....NOW
Link Posted: 8/14/2023 8:08:27 PM EDT
[#17]
OK, I LOVED Fallout 3. Liked RDR. Loved Outer Worlds.  Wanted to love No Man's Sky, but got bored 2-3 jumps from the end.

I just watched the 58 minute video.  I feel like I was watching half clips from The Outer Worlds, and half clips from No Man's Sky. It isn't multiplayer, right?  What am I missing here?  

NOTE: I'm not trying to be edgy, or to GD up the thread. I'm seeing more dialog choices (Than Outer Worlds), procedurally-generated worlds (Less than NMS), and factions like Fallout. Did I miss that it is a MMORPG? That I can fly with a squadron of other pilots? Colonize my own world and have other real ppl pay taxes to land there? Can I just do Firefly-esque heists, and the factions will come after me with new dialog, or will the game just not advance because I'm not looking for artifacts that talk to me?
Link Posted: 8/14/2023 9:42:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
OK, I LOVED Fallout 3. Liked RDR. Loved Outer Worlds.  Wanted to love No Man's Sky, but got bored 2-3 jumps from the end.

I just watched the 58 minute video.  I feel like I was watching half clips from The Outer Worlds, and half clips from No Man's Sky. It isn't multiplayer, right?  What am I missing here?  

NOTE: I'm not trying to be edgy, or to GD up the thread. I'm seeing more dialog choices (Than Outer Worlds), procedurally-generated worlds (Less than NMS), and factions like Fallout. Did I miss that it is a MMORPG? That I can fly with a squadron of other pilots? Colonize my own world and have other real ppl pay taxes to land there? Can I just do Firefly-esque heists, and the factions will come after me with new dialog, or will the game just not advance because I'm not looking for artifacts that talk to me?
View Quote

it's not a multiplayer game. all characters you encounter are computer npcs.
Link Posted: 8/14/2023 9:43:08 PM EDT
[#19]
apparently review copies go out next week. getting close.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 11:23:15 AM EDT
[#20]
I have heard that there is more dialogue than Skyrim and Fallout 4 combined.  My wife is getting me a Starfield controller for my birthday.  I took Sept. 1st off for vacation.  I can actually play August 31st at 6pm due to Launch time from GMT.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 2:44:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thank god it's not an MMORPG.

It's going to be a bit like Skyrim and/or Fallout in space. With some of the better ideas from Outer Worlds and NMS in there.... You can do whatever you want. There's a main story of course that will advance as you progress through the story line, but you can also disregard it and be a pirate if you want.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 4:05:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That's going to be a badass setup. I did the same thing, but with a 6700XT and an Intel i5 Core 12600k.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/B926BC70-2451-4EC1-A889-3A3C070B9F9D-404.gif
View Quote

Definitely is, took 2 tries to get ram it liked, but other than that the build was flawless. (Gskill 6000mhz amd expo ram did the trick)
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 5:03:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't think it'll have much in common with The Outer Worlds other than the shooter elements, an NPC dialogue system, and a home ship for your crew. In truth, I did not think The Outer Worlds was all that great. I stopped playing probably 2/3 of the way through and thought it was one of of the most overrated games I've ever played and was carried on virtue signaling to Obsidian and the idea that it was supposed to be good. In reality it just wasn't all that fun or interesting.

No Man's Sky has similar gameplay loops, mechanics, and concepts, but it's ultimately a nearly entirely sandbox game where you are completely responsible for figuring out and making your own adventure. Starfield has actual developed characters that populate a developed universe/gameworld that is filled with bespoke/curated experiences.

I'd say a better description is that it's a combination of Star Citizen and Skyrim/Fallout 4.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 5:14:51 PM EDT
[#24]
I recently finished a replay of Outer Worlds and its 2 DLC addons. It is very much the dictionary definition of "mid". It did nothing really well, but it did nothing terrible. It is that age old video game "7" review score kind of game.

My chief complaints against it are that it acts like it is funnier than it actually is and its gameplay loop gets really stale really fast. Its not a terrible game, but it definitely isn't excellent. The best word I can think of to describe it is derivative... everything it does is done better elsewhere.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 5:21:13 PM EDT
[#25]
I struggled with Outer Worlds. It was so close to being fantastic. It had some great ideas that really needed to be expanded on. I absolutely loved walking around the planets and seeing a huge ringed gas giant hanging in the sky....but ultimately it just felt like nothing I did mattered. There were no branches, no decisions, etc that truly impacted the way the story unfolded. I understand there are different endings, but the story itself is essentially the same no matter what right until the end
I have high hopes for Outer Worlds 2, but ultimately I think Starfield is going to be everything and more that I personally would have liked to see from Outer Worlds.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 6:00:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Summary of Today's Q&A

Starfield - MASSIVE New Info Dump, Housing, Mechs, Smuggling and More
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 6:03:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I recently finished a replay of Outer Worlds and its 2 DLC addons. It is very much the dictionary definition of "mid". It did nothing really well, but it did nothing terrible. It is that age old video game "7" review score kind of game.

My chief complaints against it are that it acts like it is funnier than it actually is and its gameplay loop gets really stale really fast. Its not a terrible game, but it definitely isn't excellent. The best word I can think of to describe it is derivative... everything it does is done better elsewhere.
View Quote
That's an extremely accurate assessment, especially the part about it thinking it was funnier than it actually was. It wasn't bad. It was ok. There were quite a few people that were talking about it like it was the 2nd coming of Christ though. When I finally played it, I couldn't figure out what the hell they were talking about.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 7:34:10 PM EDT
[#28]
apparently on Xbox you can preload the game starting tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 5:44:49 PM EDT
[#29]
pre load for Starfield went live on Xbox.

base game comes in right at 100.18gb

the art book and soundtrack are right at 16.83gb.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 5:57:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Downloading now.  I bet day 1 patch will be substantial too.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 5:59:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Green man gaming hasn't even released the license keys yet...

Edit: GMG actually sent out emails this morning (8/18) saying they will release keys on 8/21 for pre-load on 8/30.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 6:18:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Got my second 2TB NVME SSD installed this week in prep.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 6:36:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Its kinda frustrating having it preloaded, because its like right there just let me fucking play it.

Link Posted: 8/18/2023 6:36:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Note to self, call out sick on 9/6/23
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 9:03:39 AM EDT
[#35]
I hope I get my pre-load email soon. I think mine is coming from AMD or Amazon, not sure.

Eta: Just checked my email. I should be notified by AMD it looks like. Hopefully, it'll be soon.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 9:30:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Note to self, call out sick on 9/6/23
View Quote
I upgraded to premium edition and took vacation on 9/1 only to find out it's available to play at 6pm on August 31st where I live.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 11:50:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I upgraded to premium edition and took vacation on 9/1 only to find out it's available to play at 6pm on August 31st where I live.
View Quote

The 4th is a holiday too so I took the 1st off too for a 4 day gaming binge
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 12:15:39 PM EDT
[#38]
How are people playing this on the 1st?
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 12:53:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

How much for the premium?
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:02:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have game pass so, $34.95.  Worth it for early access and other add one.

Upgrade from Standard Edition and receive the following bonus items:

- Shattered Space Story Expansion (upon release)
- Up to 5-days early access**
- Constellation Skin Pack: Equinox Laser Rifle, Spacesuit, Helmet and Boost Pack
- Access to Starfield Digital Artbook & Original Soundtrack
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:16:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Looks like I'm going to be preordering the premium edition.  I haven't been following this game at all but after watching the videos above I'm excited.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:21:30 PM EDT
[#42]
For those who are looking to buy, Green Man Gaming still has the premium edition Steam version for 17% off.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:29:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I have game pass so, $34.95.  Worth it for early access and other add one.

Upgrade from Standard Edition and receive the following bonus items:

- Shattered Space Story Expansion (upon release)
- Up to 5-days early access**
- Constellation Skin Pack: Equinox Laser Rifle, Spacesuit, Helmet and Boost Pack
- Access to Starfield Digital Artbook & Original Soundtrack
View Quote

Sweet! I got the Premium Edition included with the purchase of my AMD GPU.
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 10:11:03 AM EDT
[#44]
I ended up swapping my 7700K for a 12700K and my 1080 for a 4070.

Also ordered a new Alienware 38" monitor to replace my old Dell 34.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 7:56:31 AM EDT
[#45]
First 45 minutes of gameplay has been posted on Reddit.

Videod vertically.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:37:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
First 45 minutes of gameplay has been posted on Reddit.

Videod vertically.
View Quote
I figured something like this would happen when they decided to be real generous with review copies. Not gonna watch spoilers.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 12:31:42 AM EDT
[#47]
This gave me chills...

Starfield – Official Live Action Trailer

Link Posted: 8/23/2023 12:58:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
This gave me chills...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek3I6_9c58E
View Quote

That's a really good trailer.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 1:16:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Upgraded from 2080 to 3080ti last year and upgraded MoBo and processor from i5 9600K to  i7 13900k (This is not a CPU, its a furnace that can compute).  Been using it to greatly enhance my performance in Star Citizen.  My body is ready for Sept 1st now.  Pretty damn hyped for this.  Hope it lives up.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 1:45:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This gave me chills...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek3I6_9c58E

Yeah it was pretty sweet.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top