Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 5:10:41 PM EDT
[#1]
This is maybe on and off topic. I have an Xbox S eight game already downloaded. Can someone recommend me the best method of increasing available memory?
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 6:14:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Click To View SpoilerAll skills in the game, plus backgrounds and traits.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 7:19:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, I broke down and picked up an RTX 4070 OC and a new monitor, a Samsung Odyssey G7 32".  For a game I do not even have yet...

I swear this forum has cost me too much money this month between games and guns.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 7:46:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I guarantee you whatever traits or background I pick, I will play the game for a few hours then restart and change everything once I get a better feel for the mechanics.

I've done that since Morrowind... start blind, roll with it, figure out some or all of my choices suck, then restart and respec.
View Quote

lol, yup
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 8:16:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I still do it in Skyrim.

I'ma be a knight!

I'ma be a nightblade!

I'ma be a fire mage!

I'ma be a barbarian!

20 minutes later...

Fuck it, stealth archer it is
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guarantee you whatever traits or background I pick, I will play the game for a few hours then restart and change everything once I get a better feel for the mechanics.

I've done that since Morrowind... start blind, roll with it, figure out some or all of my choices suck, then restart and respec.

About a 90% chance I do the same thing

I still do it in Skyrim.

I'ma be a knight!

I'ma be a nightblade!

I'ma be a fire mage!

I'ma be a barbarian!

20 minutes later...

Well, I mean, a ranged stealth character is the most logical way to go for somebody working alone that has to kill lots of people and survive. I have to force myself not to do it when I play Skyrim.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 8:17:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ok, I broke down and picked up an RTX 4070 OC and a new monitor, a Samsung Odyssey G7 32".  For a game I do not even have yet...

I swear this forum has cost me too much money this month between games and guns.
View Quote

It'll be worth it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 9:42:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Very nice!
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 11:39:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I still do it in Skyrim.

I'ma be a knight!

I'ma be a nightblade!

I'ma be a fire mage!

I'ma be a barbarian!

20 minutes later...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I still do it in Skyrim.

I'ma be a knight!

I'ma be a nightblade!

I'ma be a fire mage!

I'ma be a barbarian!

20 minutes later...

Lol true story
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 6:23:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

That should work.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 6:33:18 AM EDT
[#10]
9 days bitches. Well for me anyway. Those getting it early let us know how glorious it is ??
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 6:42:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Word is AMD customers who bought during the promotional period should be getting the download Wednesday and it should be playable on the 1st.

I haven't met my goal of beating Baldur's Gate 3 before the release of a Starfield.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 9:23:03 AM EDT
[#12]
I generally dont pre-order games, but I broke my rule for Starfield. Picked up the premium edition on Steam.

This is the first game in a long time that has me excited.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 10:05:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I generally dont pre-order games, but I broke my rule for Starfield. Picked up the premium edition on Steam.

View Quote

I only pre-order Final Fantasy games. I haven't been screwed by Square, yet.

I got pushed to AMD after I saw the Starfield bundle with their GPUs. I'm not doing pre-orders outside of FF games after getting screwed on Cyberpunk.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 1:20:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I got pushed to AMD after I saw the Starfield bundle with their GPUs. I'm not doing pre-orders outside of FF games after getting screwed on Cyberpunk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I've been burned before, and even by Bethesda (FO76). But I guess I'm a slow learner
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 1:59:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yeah, I've been burned before, and even by Bethesda (FO76). But I guess I'm a slow learner
View Quote

I watched that going down like I was sensible chuckle guy, then I pre-ordered Cyberpunk.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 3:05:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here, but I consider 13, 15, and 16 to qualify as being screwed. 13 was just not good; while I liked 15, the Royal Edition is vastly superior; 16 has the worst ending of any FF, and had a very lackluster 2nd half.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 3:10:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Same here, but I consider 13, 15, and 16 to qualify as being screwed. 13 was just not good; while I liked 15, the Royal Edition is vastly superior; 16 has the worst ending of any FF, and had a very lackluster 2nd half.
View Quote

I hated 13, but beat it. 2/10

I was bored by 15 and the product placement annoyed me so much I gave up on it early (I played the Royal Edition). 5/10

I loved 16 until about halfway through, then the endgame picked it back up for me. I thought the ending sucked, too. 7/10

I'm a big FF7 nerd, though. Always 9/10 for me.

Anyways, back to Starfield lol.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 3:17:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I was bored by 15 and the product placement annoyed me so much I gave up on it early (I played the Royal Edition). 5/10

I loved 16 until about halfway through, then the endgame picked it back up for me. I thought the ending sucked, too. 7/10

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/28/2023 7:35:12 PM EDT
[#19]
So I had been planning on buying a PC for this, but being in the middle of trying to move, it isn’t in the cards for a bit. I’m a solid PlayStation player so I don’t have an Xbox.

That being said, series X or S? My TV is 1080p and it seems like that’s the draw for an X. I won’t be/don’t want to buy any other games on Xbox and I still want a PC in the next year, so the S seems like the choice; the extra money on the X could be put towards the PC. I just want to make sure it’s not too under powered to enjoy the game, seeing as how I don’t know Xboxes. I seem to see a bit of both sides on the YouTube’s (S is fine vs S is not fine). I would think if it’s unplayable Bethesda would have made it only for the X.

Planning on picking an S up on the way home tomorrow unless everyone here tells me not to.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 9:46:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Thinking about pulling the trigger on Starfield. My sons laptop had the following:

I-7 11800H
16gb ram
Nvidia RTX 3060
Windows 11
Not sure about direct x version

No Ssd drive though. Should I grab an external ssd?

This laptop shouldn’t have any problems right?
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 10:02:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thinking about pulling the trigger on Starfield. My sons laptop had the following:

I-7 11800H
16gb ram
Nvidia RTX 3060
Windows 11

View Quote

I would think it will run fine especially if you are on 1080P. You are comfortably above minimum specs.

However, SSD appears to be required.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 10:48:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I-7 11800H
16gb ram
Nvidia RTX 3060
Windows 11

View Quote

You have better than minimum specs, but I'd recommend adding an SSD. It's not complicated to install one yourself or pay a repair place to install an SSD. Your laptop might be capable of expanding with an M.2 NVME.

What model laptop is it?
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 10:56:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You have better than minimum specs, but I'd recommend adding an SSD. It's not complicated to install one yourself or pay a repair place to install an SSD. Your laptop might be capable of expanding with an M.2 NVME.

What model laptop is it?
View Quote

It’s a MSI GS66 Stealth
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 6:02:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It’s a MSI GS66 Stealth
View Quote

The MSI website says you can easily expand the memory.

MSI GS66 Stealth

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 8:44:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It’s a MSI GS66 Stealth
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What model laptop is it?

It’s a MSI GS66 Stealth

You're going to want an SSD regardless of playing starfield or not. It's really the biggest single jump in usability you can buy.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 8:53:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You're going to want an SSD regardless of playing starfield or not. It's really the biggest single jump in usability you can buy.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:13:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Well, I mean, a ranged stealth character is the most logical way to go for somebody working alone that has to kill lots of people and survive. I have to force myself not to do it when I play Skyrim.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I still do it in Skyrim.

I'ma be a knight!

I'ma be a nightblade!

I'ma be a fire mage!

I'ma be a barbarian!

20 minutes later...

LOL this is exactly what happens with each playthrough.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:41:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Word is AMD customers who bought during the promotional period should be getting the download Wednesday and it should be playable on the 1st.

I haven't met my goal of beating Baldur's Gate 3 before the release of a Starfield.
View Quote

Steam allows for download on the 30th with early access starting on the 31st at 8PM EST
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:49:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

LOL this is exactly what happens with each playthrough.
View Quote

Yep.

I make it to about level 30 with every playthrough then it inevitably turns into a stealth ranged build.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 7:33:43 PM EDT
[#30]
I’m just wondering if Steam is set up for all the traffic they are going to get over the next few days.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 8:59:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm just wondering if Steam is set up for all the traffic they are going to get over the next few days.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:34:52 PM EDT
[#32]

Pre download already available on steam.

Got mine finished
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 10:00:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Preloading. My body is ready.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 10:33:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Nice.

I'm still waiting patiently on AMD to send out download codes.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 11:34:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Got my preload done as well, just waiting to hit the play button now.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:46:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/19372/IMG_4437_jpeg-2936988.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Me too.

ETA:
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/eS7VICv.jpeg

Nice candle
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 8:34:19 AM EDT
[#37]
I went back and forth over steam vs gamepass, and went with gamepass to play between PC and xbox with saves shared. steam i wanted for better mod support, but if i love the game, i can always just buy both

i upgraded the gamepass by paying for the premium to get the early access junk, even though i will be gone most of this holiday weekend

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 9:13:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Saw a youtube vid that said the early release was 2030 EST the 31st,  very excited.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 9:19:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Guess Ill throw up a pic of my work/starfield rig as well.

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:05:18 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm ready. Just need the download code.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:05:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Goes live tomorrow.... thinking through character creation. Thinking of taking Bounty Hunter background, and for traits Wanted for sure then probably Kid Stuff (seems just like an interesting mechanic) and maybe Hero Worshipped (I'm curious if he betrays you later in game) or Neon Street Rat or Freestar Collective for the dialogue options and rewards...

Gotta think of a good name. Maybe Zapp Brannigan or something from a book.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:09:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Me too.

ETA:

Nice candle
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.

ETA:
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/eS7VICv.jpeg

Nice candle

Thanks! Maybe I'll light it tomorrow upon launch so Keanu can look over my Maiden voyage
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:11:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Goes live tomorrow.... thinking through character creation. Thinking of taking Bounty Hunter background, and for traits Wanted for sure then probably Kid Stuff (seems just like an interesting mechanic) and maybe Hero Worshipped (I'm curious if he betrays you later in game) or Neon Street Rat or Freestar Collective for the dialogue options and rewards...

View Quote

That's too much thinking. You have to wing it, put too many points into a skill tree before realizing you don't like that skill and spend the rest of the game trying to gain enough skill points to become mediocre at multiple skills.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:33:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Everyone's desks are so clean.  Mine is so cluttered with grenades, pistols, WWII headgear and random scraps of paper and tools that I am not sure the new monitor will fit!
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 1:21:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That's too much thinking. You have to wing it, put too many points into a skill tree before realizing you don't like that skill and spend the rest of the game trying to gain enough skill points to become mediocre at multiple skills.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm just trying to make it so I don't sit at the character creation screen for more than an hour lol
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'm just trying to make it so I don't sit at the character creation screen for more than an hour lol
View Quote

I will probably pick bounty hunter and wanted.

Not sure if i will get any other traits. Although Serpents Embrace seems interesting.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 1:43:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Not sure if i will get any other traits. Although Serpents Embrace seems interesting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that would certainly be an interesting gameplay mechanic. I will likely do that on a follow up playthrough.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I always tell myself I'm going to just throw a character together, then end up spending 2+ hours on that screen
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 3:32:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I always tell myself I'm going to just throw a character together, then end up spending 2+ hours on that screen
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then restart the game a dozen times after playing for 15 minutes to reroll the character
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 4:12:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top