Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 4:27:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I always tell myself I'm going to just throw a character together, then end up spending 2+ hours on that screen
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Goes live tomorrow.... thinking through character creation. Thinking of taking Bounty Hunter background, and for traits Wanted for sure then probably Kid Stuff (seems just like an interesting mechanic) and maybe Hero Worshipped (I'm curious if he betrays you later in game) or Neon Street Rat or Freestar Collective for the dialogue options and rewards...

Gotta think of a good name. Maybe Zapp Brannigan or something from a book.

That's too much thinking. You have to wing it, put too many points into a skill tree before realizing you don't like that skill and spend the rest of the game trying to gain enough skill points to become mediocre at multiple skills.

I'm just trying to make it so I don't sit at the character creation screen for more than an hour lol

I always tell myself I'm going to just throw a character together, then end up spending 2+ hours on that screen

Exactly, I figure if I can get the traits part planned before hand then I'll only spend an hour getting my character to look like a slutty space pirate.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 4:28:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 4:42:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 6:49:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 8:26:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Starting the preload now!

Attachment Attached File

The system is:
64gb of 6000mhz RAM
Strix RTX-4090
Asus Strix Z-790
2TB Samsung 990 Pro
Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 8:33:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/400754/20230830_192058_jpg-2937813.JPG

The system is:
64gb of 6000mhz RAM
Strix RTX-4090
Asus Strix Z-790
2TB Samsung 990 Pro
View Quote

Fookin sweet mate!
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 9:59:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

Heads up to any AMD + Starfield bundle purchasers, if your bundle includes the Premium Edition Starfield, you won't get an email to add it to your Steam account.

Login to AMD Rewards, link your AMD Reward account to Steam, then redeem it to your Steam library.

I just did that and I can now preload the game.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 12:16:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/400754/20230830_192058_jpg-2937813.JPG

The system is:
64gb of 6000mhz RAM
Strix RTX-4090
Asus Strix Z-790
2TB Samsung 990 Pro
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/31/2023 12:27:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm in the newer Starfield GD thread from yesterday... didn't realize this one was here!

I'm all preinstalled and ready to rock in 7 and half hours!
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 12:57:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm in the newer Starfield GD thread from yesterday... didn't realize this one was here!

I'm all preinstalled and ready to rock in 7 and half hours!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 1:04:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Playthrough time, radbrad, one of the gaming channels I watch

STARFIELD Walkthrough Gameplay Part 1 - INTRO (FULL GAME)
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 2:29:08 PM EDT
[#12]
FYI the last game I preloaded on Steam (AC6 last week) didn't let you play immediately on release, it still had to "unpack" via Steam. It took many people an hour or so before it finished unpacking after release.

Hope no one here runs into that problem, but just giving you a heads up.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 3:08:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Reviews are out. As predicted, over hyped. Skyrim was Bethesda’s peak and they have been in a slump since.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 3:44:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Reviews are out. As predicted, over hyped. Skyrim was Bethesda’s peak and they have been in a slump since.
View Quote

pretty solid
Attachment Attached File

I think people who were expecting it to feel like a bethesda game are happy, and people who thought it would not feel like bethesda are crying about it.

I watched bits of 4-5 reviews, and they were overwhelmingly positive
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 3:45:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yea well, thats just like, your opinion man.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 3:55:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/31/2023 3:58:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 4:56:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Where did I say it was a bad game?  I said over hyped and it is.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 5:19:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Downloading now.
But since we’re posting setups, I got a new case last week and redid my whole room. Still trying to figure out the damn asrock rgb ram Settings to remain if I don’t have the program open.

Attachment Attached File

AMD 7900x
X670e MB
32Gb ddr5 6000
FE 4090
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 5:27:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Downloading now.
But since we’re posting setups, I got a new case last week and redid my whole room. Still trying to figure out the damn asrock rgb ram Settings to remain if I don’t have the program open.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/207473/IMG_5263_jpeg-2938623.JPG

AMD 7900x
X670e MB
32Gb ddr5 6000
FE 4090
View Quote

On Asrock boards you can configure all the RGB settings in the BIOS also, more of a pain than a Windows program but once set and saved and then a reboot it should stick.

My newest asrock board is a B650-E Taichi
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 5:31:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

On Asrock boards you can configure all the RGB settings in the BIOS also, more of a pain than a Windows program but once set and saved and then a reboot it should stick.

View Quote

I could only get the board LED's in the bios.  I saw nowhere for the ram...
unless i'm missing something
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Reviews are out. As predicted, over hyped. Skyrim was Bethesda's peak and they have been in a slump since.
View Quote
Stop doing drugs. They're bad mmmkay. There are, what? 6 mediocre reviews out of 60+ with most of those being in the 88-100 range? I'm guessing that those reviewers purposefully reviewed the game as mediocre given the fact that the game has been nearly unanimously extremely well received.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 5:40:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

What don't you like about it so far?
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 5:44:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Then what makes something overhyped?
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 5:56:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Please tell me this is not another Cyberpunk bed shitting moment.

Was going to buy it today and start the download but now I’m thinking I may need to hold off
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 5:59:23 PM EDT
[#26]
My body (and preload) is ready but I'm stuck at work all night.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 6:08:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Was going to buy it today and start the download but now I’m thinking I may need to hold off
View Quote

Based on the overwhelming amount of positive reviews? Ok......
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 6:15:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Was going to buy it today and start the download but now I'm thinking I may need to hold off
View Quote
Have you not seen that nearly every review has been absolutely glowing so far? What made you get scared? Because of a couple of outliers? only 5 out of the 50 posted PC reviews were in the 70-79 range. The rest are in the 80-100 range (with most being in the 90-100 range). The XBox reviews mirror the PC reviews.

Starfield Review "Buy, Wait, Never Touch?"

Link Posted: 8/31/2023 6:18:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just booted up that pc and went into the bios, it has an option for the pattern, rainbow, rain ect, and depending to the pattern it may or may not show the color options to set with red, green and blue set with a 0-255 number for the intensity with 0 =off and 255 = 100%

And there is an option to "Apply to all Channels"

My board controls the rgb/led on the board plus the ones in the case plugged into the headers on the board.

I do not have RGB ram and assumed the "apply to all channels" would control that too but I can't test that out.

EDIT: On my board on asrocks site for downloads it shows two  RGBLED programs, the newer non beta version and a beta.

So maybe uninstall the one you have and install the other if there are two shown for your board.

Link Posted: 8/31/2023 6:22:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
My body (and preload) is ready but I'm stuck at work all night.
View Quote

I got you, bro.

Link Posted: 8/31/2023 6:27:12 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote
Thanks.  I printed it and gave it to my boss.  He said I can have Monday off but I still have to work tonight.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 6:41:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Have you not seen that nearly every review has been absolutely glowing so far? What made you get scared? Because of a couple of outliers? only 5 out of the 50 posted PC reviews were in the 70-79 range. The rest are in the 80-100 range (with most being in the 90-100 range). The XBox reviews mirror the PC reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvbK1fsc-yk
View Quote

I just got home and sat down to read the reviews. First three articles I read all said the same thing.  Typical lifeless Bethesda game.

ETA: waiting to see what the consensus here is.  

Link Posted: 8/31/2023 6:49:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I just got home and sat down to read the reviews. First three articles I read all said the same thing.  Typical lifeless Bethesda game.

ETA: waiting to see what the consensus here is.  

View Quote

Meh, fuck internet review sites.

They'll shill a positive review on a mediocre game, and shit on good games for the rage clicks.

I put a hard stop to any of those sites when some of them gave Alien Isolation a 6/10 or lower.  "This game is scary, I don't like scary games."

What a lot of these reviews haven't come to grips with yet is that they've aged out of the demographic.  They got old and their body's hormonally driven system for tension and reward went a new direction.  Happens to pretty much everyone.  The slow burn, high commitment, games don't hit us like they used to.

I'm not getting it anytime soon, but Starfield will be a solid game.  I hope ya'll enjoy playing it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 7:22:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Gameplay for one is not that great. It’s average at best. Voice acting is fairly stiff as well as the animation. No maps, at the mercy of community made maps.  Most worlds are lifeless and bland.

I’ll eventually get it, but not anytime soon.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Gameplay for one is not that great. It’s average at best. Voice acting is fairly stiff as well as the animation. No maps, at the mercy of community made maps.  Most worlds are lifeless and bland.

I’ll eventually get it, but not anytime soon.
View Quote

So you haven’t actually played it?
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 7:40:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I just booted up that pc and went into the bios, it has an option for the pattern, rainbow, rain ect, and depending to the pattern it may or may not show the color options to set with red, green and blue set with a 0-255 number for the intensity with 0 =off and 255 = 100%

And there is an option to "Apply to all Channels"

My board controls the rgb/led on the board plus the ones in the case plugged into the headers on the board.

I do not have RGB ram and assumed the "apply to all channels" would control that too but I can't test that out.

EDIT: On my board on asrocks site for downloads it shows two  RGBLED programs, the newer non beta version and a beta.

So maybe uninstall the one you have and install the other if there are two shown for your board.

https://i.imgur.com/oqfDSSG.png
View Quote

The “apply to all channels” does nothing. It’s not clickable only highlightable.
Might just order some Corsair ram so it can be controlled by the Icue software with my fans.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 7:59:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 8:03:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Whoever said the game needs to unpack first was right, I'm sitting here watching a bar move slower than Mitch McConnell's synapses.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 8:04:13 PM EDT
[#39]
I’m about 25% there… going fairly quick here.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 8:05:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Unpacking
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 8:07:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Lol…..internet has sssslllloooowwwweeeeddddd down….  1%
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 8:14:08 PM EDT
[#42]
I’m in… time to get the kids to bed
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 8:14:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Game pass no play until 9/6. Can’t see spending $35 for a week early access and still not own the game. I’ll just cool my heels another week.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 8:16:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Will buy in near future.
Still have BG3 to finish, not even all way thru Act1
Still enjoying Fallout 76, only been playing it for 7-ish months.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 8:32:10 PM EDT
[#45]
4k60fps on ultra not stressing my rig one bit in opening. Rock solid.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 8:38:43 PM EDT
[#46]
My 3800x1600 monitor isn’t supported.

Closest is 3440x1440

Never mind it’s working now
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 9:00:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Gameplay for one is not that great. It's average at best. Voice acting is fairly stiff as well as the animation. No maps, at the mercy of community made maps.  Most worlds are lifeless and bland.

I'll eventually get it, but not anytime soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gameplay for one is not that great. It's average at best. Voice acting is fairly stiff as well as the animation. No maps, at the mercy of community made maps.  Most worlds are lifeless and bland.

I'll eventually get it, but not anytime soon.

That seems like a strange experience to have. Oh I see you didn't actually play it.

I'm playing it now and the voice acting is great. Gameplay...is good. It's what I expected from an action RPG.
No maps? I'm not tracking.

Link Posted: 8/31/2023 10:17:54 PM EDT
[#48]
I only had time to play about an hour and a half tonight, got out of the starting area and to Atlantis.

My initial impressions are that it is exactly what I was expecting... which is Fallout 4 in space, aka No Man's Skyrim.

The voice work seems in line with previous Bethesda games to me, as do the graphics. I'm on an older 2080Ti and it is running and looking just fine at whatever settings it defaulted to in 4k. I like the lockpick minigame as it feels more intuitive than past efforts.

The only real qualms I have with the game so far are that some of the menus, controls, and game systems are a little clunky, and certain things had me scratching my head for a minute before figuring it out (mostly ship's system stuff) but once I figured it out it was no issue. The combat is very Fallout 4... aim, don't aim, who cares there's the bad thing kind of waddle around and shoot until they die. And hopefully Robbie the Robot doesn't walk right in front of your field of fire, the huge mobile home he is.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 10:22:35 PM EDT
[#49]
What background and traits everyone choose?  My character actually looks pretty spot on to me.

Link Posted: 8/31/2023 10:59:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
What background and traits everyone choose?  My character actually looks pretty spot on to me.

https://i.imgur.com/wTmEesv.jpg
View Quote

I took Bounty Hunter background.

Traits are:
Wanted
Empath
Extrovert

Honestly was not really drawn to any of the traits.

Now to build my stealth/range character
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top