User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 2:09:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Speaking of straw man arguments
View Quote
Lol I'm comparing the pistols wielded by the finest direct action troops on the planet vs us Marshall's who will probably never clear leather with their sidearm.  Considerably more valid than bringing F1 drivers into the discussion.  Go ahead and justify why Marshall's need a 2k plus race gun in their holster.  I'll be here all night.  Nothing but a look at me move.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 2:17:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Lol I'm comparing the pistols wielded by the finest direct action troops on the planet vs us Marshall's who will probably never clear leather with their sidearm.  Considerably more valid than bringing F1 drivers into the discussion.  Go ahead and justify why Marshall's need a 2k plus race gun in their holster.  I'll be here all night.  Nothing but a look at me move.
View Quote
Marshalls?

Link Posted: 8/29/2019 2:19:04 AM EDT
[#3]
The money stays in country vs some EU nation. Didn't read the whole thread but it had to be mentioned before.

No one gripes about local LE having Big 3 vehicles versus imports.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 2:21:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Nice straw man argument. Brilliant comparison!  Army rangers and socom make due with glocks, the beretta no, and signs in active war zones. I'm sure the fucking us Marshall's need STI sidearms to do their jobs, lol.  Nice try. Massive waste of taxpayer money so they can be "special".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Formula 1 drivers are chumps and they should be able to win with an IROC Camaro from the 80s.
Nice straw man argument. Brilliant comparison!  Army rangers and socom make due with glocks, the beretta no, and signs in active war zones. I'm sure the fucking us Marshall's need STI sidearms to do their jobs, lol.  Nice try. Massive waste of taxpayer money so they can be "special".
Lol.  Muh tax dollars.  Don't hear you whining when DOD purchases 10 different uniform designs in as many years or goes through several tests on the latest and greatest new rifle design to replace one that's not broken but guys who go after the worst of the worst fugitive criminals , nah fuck them.
Lol.  Hating on the police.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 2:27:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You could put a laser guided heat seeking missile launcher on it, but that wouldn't make it modern. That would be like taking a model T and dressing it up with a modern body and interior and saying it's the same thing as an F150. You can put whatever doodads on it you want, but the frame and engine are still model T.

To make a long story very short, suffice it to say there are good reasons why the Hi Power exists, and why virtually all semi autos have copied its design.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But what makes it outdated? I refer to "modern variants" having a rail and adjustable sights, and high capacity in the case of the 2011.
You could put a laser guided heat seeking missile launcher on it, but that wouldn't make it modern. That would be like taking a model T and dressing it up with a modern body and interior and saying it's the same thing as an F150. You can put whatever doodads on it you want, but the frame and engine are still model T.

To make a long story very short, suffice it to say there are good reasons why the Hi Power exists, and why virtually all semi autos have copied its design.
So, a non answer. Weapons tech isn't like vehicle tech, it isn't so linear. The U.S. Military has been using the M2 Browning for nearly 90 years. Hell, you're posting on a website dedicated to a rifle that's 60+ years old and is still the preeminent military rifle on Earth.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 2:28:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Lol.  Muh tax dollars.  Don't hear you whining when DOD purchases 10 different uniform designs in as many years or goes through several tests on the latest and greatest new rifle design to replace one that's not broken but guys who go after the worst of the worst fugitive criminals , nah fuck them.
View Quote
Lol, brilliant reach of logic there.  I hate the police because I dont think they need a 2k race gun in their holster to do their job.  How the fuck would you know what I have or haven't "whined" about?  Ever think I might carry creds myself?  Another nutswinger.  Muh 1911!
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 2:30:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So, a non answer. Weapons tech isn't like vehicle tech, it isn't so linear. The U.S. Military has been using the M2 Browning for nearly 90 years. Hell, you're posting on a website dedicated to a rifle that's 60+ years old and is still the preeminent military rifle on Earth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
But what makes it outdated? I refer to "modern variants" having a rail and adjustable sights, and high capacity in the case of the 2011.

You're wasting your breath.  There's two kinds of people upset at this purchase.  Delusional glock fags who think it's the be all end all and cop haters.  You can't reason with either of them.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 2:31:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You're wasting your breath.  There's two kinds of people upset at this purchase.  Delusional glock fags who think it's the be all end all and cop haters.  You can't reason with either of them.
View Quote
Lol, your iq matches your shoe size I'd guess.  I'll take any off the rack pistol and outshooting 90% of the federal and state leo's in this country.  You think those marshals are kicking down doors with nothing but their sti pistols?  Fucking lol.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 2:35:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Lol, brilliant reach of logic there.  I hate the police because I dont think they need a 2k race gun in their holster to do their job.  How the fuck would you know what I have or haven't "whined" about?  Ever think I might carry creds myself?  Another nutswinger.  Muh 1911!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol nut swinger.  I own a 2011 that I purchased with my own money to have every advantage should I need to win the real competition of life or death on the street.  Almost 30 fucking years on the job and you can keep your fucking glock.  It works for you, fine.  Im happy for you.  But in reality, no glock shooter I ever met didn't actually prefer shooting the 2011 if he didn't have to pay for it.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 2:35:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Why not.  You are just taking up the excess trigger stroke during the recoil impulse and when your sights hit paper again, you just finish it.

You are riding the trigger on the point where it resets, which has a firmer feel.  Very short pull, very fast to shoot.
View Quote
I'm sure that's exactly why if you watch world class shooters in slow motion their finger comes off the trigger between shots
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 2:41:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Lol, your iq matches your shoe size I'd guess.  I'll take any off the rack pistol and outshooting 90% of the federal and state leo's in this country.  You think those marshals are kicking down doors with nothing but their sti pistols?  Fucking lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Insults, that's what you're reduced to.  Lol.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 2:42:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Bitching about a 2k gun is humorous when you realize that the feds are being issued Motorola APX 8000 portable handheld radios that cost between $3000 and $5000 EACH not counting all the accessories.   Start adding that up over the numbers of all the Deputy US Marshals and not just the USMS SOG and then add all the agents working ATF, FBI , USSS and other alphabet agencies.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 2:45:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
For starters, it isnt the entire USMS that are getting the STIs; it is literally just over 100 deputy Marshals that are assigned to the agency's highest level tactical unit. And while guys in BN are pretty squared away; they arent exactly the go-to guys I look to for pistol use; especially when it comes to handguns being used during special LE operations. So your comparison between the two is about as valid as your other posts in this thread, aka it isnt.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 2:48:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Bitching about a 2k gun is humorous when you realize that the feds are being issued Motorola APX 8000 portable handheld radios that cost between $3000 and $5000 EACH not counting all the accessories.   Start adding that up over the numbers of all the Deputy US Marshals and not just the USMS SOG and then add all the agents working ATF, FBI , USSS and other alphabet agencies.
View Quote
Jesus. It pained me to give $1500 for my P25 radio. What is so special about those?
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 2:51:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Marshalls is a clothing store.  Usms sog is a small tactical team made up of a select few usms deputies.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 2:51:42 AM EDT
[#16]
There are accuracy and split time benefits to this platform.

It is an excellent platform for occasional use and a high maintenance to use ratio,

It is a shitty platform for heavy use and high use to low maintenance ratio.

A good shooter will be hampered by a DAO model.  I am glad they don’t have something stupid like a 96D or NYPD Glock trigger.
It is not likely the vast majority of users will be at a level to capitalize on accuracy and speed benefits over a Glock, Sig, Beretta, M&P, HK, etc. striker or DA/SA  platform.

With shitbags on welfare, section 8, and EBT, shitbags on SSDI, illegals reaping in free stuff on the taxpaying citizen’s dime, complete drain refugees being imported, cheating/scamming VA benefit fraud, people drinking/drugging themselves into dialysis, strokes, HIV, HEP C, and bypass surgery then getting SSDI and Medicare,

USMS SOG spending extra on some pistols is too low to register on my GAF list.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 2:53:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Jesus. It pained me to give $1500 for my P25 radio. What is so special about those?
View Quote
Who but radio geeks know but that's about right for police radios.   Jesus,  I think our new APX 6000s were like 6 k apiece.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 2:57:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not according to Glock63 though I'm still waiting for his clarification on that.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 2:59:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Not according to Glock63 though I'm still waiting for his clarification on that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He'll just say you're dumb.   He has no real argument.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 3:00:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
but muh rangers
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 3:09:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lol, I've already made every valid point needed.  I'm glad you can carry the exact firearm that you are the most proficient with. Theres nothing more important.  To pretend an sti provides some measurable advantage in any realistic LEO scenario  is laughable. Sorry if my opinion ruffled feathers.  I'm sure those marshals do way more DI than the best socom has to offer.  You guys also obviously think they do it with sidearms only too I guess.  Why stop at sti?  Why not custom double stack nighthawk 1911's?
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 3:16:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Lol, I've already made every valid point needed.  I'm glad you can carry the exact firearm that you are the most proficient with. Theres nothing more important.  To pretend an sti provides some measurable advantage in any realistic LEO scenario  is laughable. Sorry if my opinion ruffled feathers.  I'm sure those marshals do way more DI than the best socom has to offer.  You guys also obviously think they do it with sidearms only too I guess.  Why stop at sti?  Why not custom nighthawk 1911's?
View Quote
Who cares.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 3:17:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Lol, I've already made every valid point needed.  I'm glad you can carry the exact firearm that you are the most proficient with. Theres nothing more important.  To pretend an sti provides some measurable advantage in any realistic LEO scenario  is laughable. Sorry if my opinion ruffled feathers.
View Quote
The fact that you can't admit the 2011 offers advantages over the pig that is glock speaks volumes. Hey, you do you and I'll  do me and I'll rejoice that the Marshals got the gov to pay for the 2011 instead of some funky new fangled keyboard for their compiters.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 3:18:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The fact that you can't admit the 2011 offers advantages over the pig that is glock speaks volumes. Hey, you do you and I'll  do me and I'll rejoice that the Marshals got the gov to pay for the 2011 instead of some funky new fangled keyboard for their compiters.  
View Quote
Pig that is Glock?  I bet a g19 or similar model is lighter and smaller than the sti with the same capacity and barrel length.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 3:18:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Who cares.
View Quote
You're right, and I feel dumb for getting involved in this argument.  Sorry if I offended anyone.  It's completely irrelevant
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 3:20:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You're right, and I feel dumb for getting involved in this argument.  Sorry if I offended anyone.  It's completely irrelevant
View Quote
I'm not offended.  If sog guys got what they want than they got what they want.  /Shrug
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 3:22:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
With four RF bands and multi-mode system access, the APX 8000 knows no limits when it comes to interoperability. Whether it’s loud or windy, whether you whisper or yell, the Adaptive Audio Engine and ultra-loud speaker bring clarity into every conversation. With Wi-Fi access, the APX 8000 can quickly receive new codeplugs, firmware and software features in order to redeploy the radio fleet with ease as users keep talking without interruption. Intuitively designed with a familiar look and feel, the compact APX 8000 is always comfortable to use, from your grip to your holster.

ALL-BAND OPERATION
4 Bands in 1 Radio: 7/800 MHz, VHF and UHF Range 1 and Range 2 bands
Modes and Protocols include: Analog MDC-1200 and QCII, Digital P25, Conventional or Trunked, Smartnet / SmartZone, clear or secure, repeater or direct

Add FPP to those for specialized groups radios and you have every bell and whistle known to man.

Link Posted: 8/29/2019 3:23:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
It doesn't in the real world, and that's the point in was trying to portray.  Either way, it's a stupid, immaterial thing to argue about and in regret it.  I love departments that allow officers to carry personally owned weapons they qualify with.  Nothing is more important than carrying a firearm you're confident in I'm pushing hard for rmr adoption in our little county sherriff's office.  Apologies to everyone involved in this argument.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 3:28:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
The Deputy US Marshals working fugitive task forces around the country clear leather on a daily basis. They are kicking in doors and hunting felons.  The USMS SOG is the US Marshals SWAT team and they are based out of Camp Beauregard, LA.

FOX13 Investigates: Behind-the-scenes with the U.S. Marshals
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 3:31:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Pig that is Glock?  I bet a g19 or similar model is lighter and smaller than the sti with the same capacity and barrel length.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah it's a fucking pig.  You like it ,good for you.  I don't   judge.   But don't  blow smoke up.my ass and try to.convince me it's better  because I ain't no rookie.  You like a shitty trigger, shitty grip angle,  shitty sights., well, knock yourself out.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 3:32:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The Deputy US Marshals working fugitive task forces around the country clear leather on a daily basis. They are kicking in doors and hunting felons.  The USMS SOG is the US Marshals SWAT team and they are based out of Camp Beauregard, LA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbibMNKRsGM
View Quote
You're right. Please see my edit.  Apologies for all of this. It's a silly thing to argue about.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 3:34:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yeah it's a fucking pig.  You like it ,good for you.  I don't   judge.   But don't  blow smoke up.my ass and try to.convince me it's better  because I ain't no rookie.  You like a shitty trigger, shitty grip angle,  shitty sights., well, knock yourself out.
View Quote
Thing is, I bet you could pick up that glock, or any other modern service pistol and absolutely kick ass  with it.  You're passionate about shooting and it shows, otherwise you wouldn't gravitate towards high end firearms that give you every little edge.  I apologise for this silly argument.  I'm glad you have the leeway to carry what you are the most comfortable and proficient with.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 3:35:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It doesn't in the real world, and that's the point in was trying to portray.  Either way, it's a stupid, immaterial thing to argue about and in regret it.  I love departments that allow officers to carry personally owned weapons they qualify with.  Nothing is more important than carrying a firearm you're confident in I'm pushing hard for rmr adoption in our little county sherriff's office.  Apologies to everyone involved in this argument.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No hard feelings.   To each his own.  And I'm  drunk.  All hail the drunks.

Eta:  I out shoot the glock shooters with their own Pistols.  It makes an impression .when instructing.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 3:36:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
I've overindulged tonight as well.   Be safe!
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 3:51:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You as well.  Drunk.brorhers unite form.of a clusterfuck
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 4:02:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Lol wow.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 4:09:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Lol what motherfucker shit gets real  when you're talking about personal duty pieces.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 4:18:40 AM EDT
[#38]
P&S ModCast 204 - STI International

Here's the STI Mil/LE rep talking about why their pistols are the best.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 4:34:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
They use the exact same holster as a regular 1911 with a rail or a weapon light. I carried one for almost a decade.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
STI switched owners in 2018.  The new owners poured a shitload of money and machinery into developing a duty-ready pistol.  They also pared the line of pistols down to a Comp line and Duty line.  Further, they had the magazines re-designed and switched the mag manufacture to a major magazine company.  The new mags are nothing like the old mags that needed to be "tuned."  They had Dawson of Dawson Precision come on as a consultant to train all of the gunsmiths who assemble the guns and improve processes.  I am purchasing one, at the special guy price, and will carry it on duty after I get about 2k rounds and a lot of draws and manipulation practice with it.  It will replace my Nighthawk Costa.

The real problem with STI's for duty is duty holster availability.
They use the exact same holster as a regular 1911 with a rail or a weapon light. I carried one for almost a decade.
The Staccato guns are a bit different. The STI rep on the P&S podcast even stated that Safariland is currently working in a holster for the Staccato. You can use the Staccato in a current Safariland holster made for a full rail TRP but it will need some tweaking with a heat gun and a Dremel.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 8:43:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

This is for SOG.  Not the whole agency.  And there aren't very many members of SOG.  Just anecdotally, I have met quite a few DUSM's.  I have only met one SOG guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This is for SOG.  Not the whole agency.  And there aren't very many members of SOG.  Just anecdotally, I have met quite a few DUSM's.  I have only met one SOG guy.
True, but this part of the article gave me pause, as we're talking about a gun with an MSRP of $2499.00:

And the gun has been a hit. “As we sit right now from the development of that gun that was done jointly with the Marshals and other guys, we’re now in over 60 departments in 19 states selling that model specifically,” said Pierson. “So, what we ended up developing for [the USMS] as their go-to-gun has now been our primary production model for all of law enforcement.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 9:43:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Straight facts.  It’s why GLOCK dominates any shooting sport that involves shooting fast.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the opposite opinion.  One of the reason I like Glocks is the trigger for closer, rapid shots.  It's the same shot to shot (unlike DA/SA), it's not as long as DAO.  If you ride the reset, I find it to be a very fast shooting gun (while hitting paper).
Straight facts.  It’s why GLOCK dominates any shooting sport that involves shooting fast.
Ummmmm,...
Not so much.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 9:52:54 AM EDT
[#42]
It's a nice pistol for a relatively special use application.  For a regular cop driving around, eating donuts, and making orthodontist appointments for the kids, it might be a bit of overkill.  I like my Glock because it's light, cheap, and way more than accurate enough for the job.  Police work isn't like some kind of Hollywood action movie.  And really my handgun choice is really not that important.  It's not like we're allowed or even encouraged to use them.  I get more geeked about holsters and stuff.  If you want to hear a bunch of cops really get into a fashion-driven purse fight start discussing body armor.

Specialized units and stuff are what drive innovation.  So it's a fairly important development when someone chooses this or that platform.  But it doesn't really change the reality that most of us don't really need to sink that kind of cost into doing the job.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 11:09:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You mean win with a car that was made before the Model T.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Formula 1 drivers are chumps and they should be able to win with an IROC Camaro from the 80s.
You mean win with a car that was made before the Model T.
Handgun technology hasn't changed much since the 1911.

Materials science has evolved which is why we have polymer framed guns.  They are lighter and cheaper.  Does that make them better?  If you want lighter and to spend less money.

At the end of the day they both have a barrel locked into a slide that unlocks as the slide moves rearward.  A 2011 accomplishes that in a slightly different way than Glock/Sig/etc.

They really aren't that much different except a striker fired trigger can never be as good as a hammer fired trigger.  Good triggers make shooting precisely easier.

That is why there is an enormous aftermarket for AR15 triggers that don't suck ass.

There is also an enormous aftermarket for glock triggers that suck less ass.  I have one in a G17.  It sucks less than a standard G17 trigger.

If a small unit of high speed Marshals decide that a better handgun is beneficial to them... great.

The 2011 being derived from a design that is older than a Glock doesn't make it inferior.  It may have different service requirements.  So what?
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 11:18:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

No kidding, as if the success of match toys translates into street use. Glocks are more than adequate for their intended purpose, and anyone who cant shoot one to an acceptable level of combat accuracy isnt worth a fuck as a pistol shot to begin with. Same goes for nearly every other prominent auto pistol on the market.
Marshals are more likely to be taking a shot with noncombatants downrange.

It's not about an acceptable level of 'combat accuracy' its about choosing equipment that makes doing the job easier.

2011s are easier to shoot fast with a higher level of precision than striker fired guns.  It is why they dominate competitions.  There are a handful of guys  like Dave Sevigny who have taken a Glock to a level of competition that most never achieve.

"tactical" guys love to shit on competition shooting and gear.  I was talking about this once with a guy who is .mil reserve, former active duty, and current LEO, and accomplished competitor.  A guy he works with told him 'there's not a timer running in a gunfight', he responded... "oh yes there is, there just isn't a beep."

Lots of stuff has made the crossover from 'gamer' gear to the tactical world.  Red dots on pistols is a big one.  Open shooters have been using red dots on handguns for decades.  It took optics companies time to come up with a red dot that was small enough and rugged enough to be mounted on a slide and survive.  Now it is the new hotness for all the 'Roland Specials' and similar.

My comment about F1 cars was in reference to guys with a significant level of skill optimizing their equipment to be better at what they do.   They could save some money and shoot the firearms equivalent of an IROC, the Glock.   A small unit has decided that a more expensive handgun makes them better at their job.  Of all the things I can get pissed about the government wasting money on, this isn't one of them.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 11:21:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The Safariland ALS I used at work 10 years ago exposed a tiny part of the back of the trigger guard of my G17 / TLR-1 combo.  Unless you reached in with a coat hanger, bent into a hook, like a back-alley abortionist, you weren't going to pull that trigger while holstered (and even then, it would take some SERIOUS finagling, especially with the NY1 trigger setup).  Anyone who tries to sell that as a serious safety issue is full of shit.  While it wasn't integral to the function of the holster (as far as I could tell), and could have been modified to give 100% complete coverage, it wasn't anything like some people describe.
View Quote
And the one I bought 4 years ago for a G21/TLR lets a 6'3 245 lbs dudes sausage finger into the trigger area with ease. And mine is not the worst one I've seen. It became enough of an issue that our range staff purchased a heat gun to try to make these holsters safe and there have been a ton of NDs resulting from the problem, including some where people took a round to the leg.

I'm glad you got a good one, but a ton of 63 series ALS holsters are unsafe to carry a safety-less striker fired handgun in, and a ton of those holsters are still floating around in active service because the vast majority of the people who purchase them don't even begin to wonder if a factory condition Level 3 holster from the top name in LE holsters is a dangerous piece of shit, they just buy it and carry the gun around.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 11:26:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

My comment about F1 cars was in reference to guys with a significant level of skill optimizing their equipment to be better at what they do.   They could save some money and shoot the firearms equivalent of an IROC, the Glock.   A small unit has decided that a more expensive handgun makes them better at their job.  Of all the things I can get pissed about the government wasting money on, this isn't one of them.
View Quote
Yep!
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 11:37:48 AM EDT
[#47]
I love this thread.

Gamer vs. Timmy death match.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 11:51:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I love this thread.

View Quote
This is the only way we can do it.

Because Timmy will never come to an actual match.

Link Posted: 8/29/2019 11:53:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I love this thread.

View Quote
This is the only way we can do it.

Because Timmy will never come to an actual match.

Link Posted: 8/29/2019 11:54:07 AM EDT
[#50]
1911 type pistols don’t take well to double stack magazines. Delta found this out with the ParaOrd/Baer pistols, and the STI 40s&w.

For competition where you can baby your mags and tweak your pistol before every match, sure.

The Wilson EDC9 is a fantastic pistol, but not totally a 1911. Should have just gone to Wilson and asked for a larger version.

The new Glocks have an improved trigger, still not great. The HK VP9 has a great trigger and they make a long slide and button mag release version now.

Shit, even HRT doesn’t run 1911s any longer.

A friend in SO runs a STI for 2/3gun and it is indeed a very nice pistol.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top