Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 11:39:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’ve searched every key word and combination on gunbroker for a frame and all I see are the gen 1.0 frames.
View Quote

Keep watching Freestone Armory on GB (They also sell slides, parts on eBay)
Here's a $50 M&P2.0 compact frame as an example:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/976049724
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 12:00:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got a Shield plus great gun so far shot about 1000 rounds with no issues except for difficulty loading the 13 round in the mag
Discovered the fix, shaving the mag follower, no more issues...
Only took a couple minutes for each mag with my pocket knife.

Also own two gen 1 Shields  that's been my main CCW, switching over to the plus.
Just need some more mags

Who's got deals on Shield Plus mags? need another 6 or so  
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 1:51:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm sold after this thread.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 2:20:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm kinda sold too

I love my 365XL but the shield plus grip is the most comfortable micro I have held.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 9:11:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Who's got deals on Shield Plus mags? need another 6 or so  
View Quote

CDNN had them under $30 with free shipping for a purchase over $100.  I think the free shipping has dropped off.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 9:41:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I tried it against the 43x, Hellcat, and P365 and liked the S&W the best….but hated that it wouldn’t fit a 507k without milling.

Just stuck with my old 43 and G26. Hopefully they change the optics template.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 9:46:43 AM EDT
[#7]

they did good work on my full size M&P.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 9:50:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I just got a message back from Freestone Armory (about 5 minutes after I sent them the question).  He said he put 6 up for sale on Tuesday and they all sold by Wednesday, said they move quickly.  Said he would probably be buying more to part out, no ETA given.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 9:54:03 AM EDT
[#9]
So I’m clear. If I buy a stripped shield plus frame, my shield 1.0 internals will swap over and allow me to have a shield plus? Just get a frame and mags?
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 9:55:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I tried it against the 43x, Hellcat, and P365 and liked the S&W the best….but hated that it wouldn’t fit a 507k without milling.

Just stuck with my old 43 and G26. Hopefully they change the optics template.
View Quote

This plate doesn't work?
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 10:00:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So I’m clear. If I buy a stripped shield plus frame, my shield 1.0 internals will swap over and allow me to have a shield plus? Just get a frame and mags?
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I just got a message back from Freestone Armory (about 5 minutes after I sent them the question).  He said he put 6 up for sale on Tuesday and they all sold by Wednesday, said they move quickly.  Said he would probably be buying more to part out, no ETA given.
View Quote

follow-up message from him.  GB is how he does these b/c it gets too crazy for him trying to keep a wait list.  seems like a good guy, been very responsive.  Looking forward to buying from him.

I'd love to say I could update you when I list them but the known wait list on my end is over 40 people. Fairest method is to just list em.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 1:06:19 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

There are a lot of them out there.  I know in a quick search Brownells has one for instance.  So while I don't know about that specific one, yes, they are out there.  They fill in where the plate that comes with it comes off.  I just ordered one, I can update once it comes in.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 1:49:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

There are a lot of them out there.  I know in a quick search Brownells has one for instance.  So while I don't know about that specific one, yes, they are out there.  They fill in where the plate that comes with it comes off.  I just ordered one, I can update once it comes in.
View Quote

Excellent. Please do.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 2:07:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Shield plus, only gun I carry (or feel the need to).  Mine has a TLR6 laser/light on it, and a holster made for that light/laser (TRex sidecar, I just take off the spare mag attachment when I don't want to carry the whole holster).  And I'm a .45 guy, but I can't beat this package.  Next will be a red dot, but since it came with night sights, I'm cool waiting on that.

Only thing I don't like is the mag follower on the S&W double stack 13 rd mags likes to get get stuck tilted limiting it to 11 or 12 rounds max (plus one in the chamber).  Anyone run into this and an easy fix?  I found a few fixes online but I've tried them and none of them worked.
View Quote

M&P Shield Plus 13rd Magazine Fix w/ Explanation of Issue - DIY #educational
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 2:19:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

My FFL hooked me up price wise.....  You would be amazed at how cheap these guns can be.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 2:25:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Tagged for update
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 2:33:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Well damn, I’ll have to do that sometime if a frame because available. Already bought P365 and 43X though.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 3:04:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

My FFL hooked me up price wise.....  You would be amazed at how cheap these guns can be.
View Quote

You can find them in the $340'ish range if you look hard enough.  With the $50 rebate it's kinda a no brainer.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 3:21:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

You know, after reading this I saw an OR version wiht night sights as a edc kit for 429 and another 50 rebate, when everything else was 459--so I bought it.  
I have a 365 and Hellcat, so why not.  I always like a good experiment.  I want to shoot it alongside my others and see if it becomes the edc.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 3:23:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You can find them in the $340'ish range if you look hard enough.  With the $50 rebate it's kinda a no brainer.
View Quote

$340 before rebate for a Shield Plus?  Got a link?
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You know, after reading this I saw an OR version wiht night sights as a edc kit for 429 and another 50 rebate, when everything else was 459--so I bought it.  
I have a 365 and Hellcat, so why not.  I always like a good experiment.  I want to shoot it alongside my others and see if it becomes the edc.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Semi local gun store has this sale this weekend.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 3:33:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/174498/ss_c_jpg-2749361.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw that during internet search, but by the time I paid for the transfer ist would have been close.  I wanted to support LGS.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 3:34:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Shield plus/EZ mags, yes. 10,13 and 15 rnders.  Collect them all.

3015890  is the sku for the 15's.
View Quote

Pretty sure Shield Plus and Shield EZ mags are not interchangeable.  

I've read that EZ mags work in Shield 2.0, though
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 3:40:40 PM EDT
[#25]
I bought my wife a Shield for her to carry and I was carrying one off duty for a long time. I sold mine and went to the Glock 43X. My wife loves her Shield but I want to trade it out for a Plus for obvious reasons but she won’t budge. I bought her two 8 round mags for hers and she was happy with that. I’m still trying to convince her to get the Plus. I may just buy one for the hell of it and see what happens, lol.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 3:50:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I saw that during internet search, but by the time I paid for the transfer ist would have been close.  I wanted to support LGS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's about 30 miles from my house.  It looks like the OR model but does not list it as such.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 4:12:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Pretty sure Shield Plus and Shield EZ mags are not interchangeable.  

I've read that EZ mags work in Shield 2.0, though
View Quote

^
Equalizer*
(Not EZ)
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 4:22:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I bought my wife a Shield for her to carry and I was carrying one off duty for a long time. I sold mine and went to the Glock 43X. My wife loves her Shield but I want to trade it out for a Plus for obvious reasons but she won’t budge. I bought her two 8 round mags for hers and she was happy with that. I’m still trying to convince her to get the Plus. I may just buy one for the hell of it and see what happens, lol.
View Quote

Shield & Shield Plus are so similar in appearance & size, just pick one up and swap it out for the Shield and see how long it takes her to notice the difference.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 7:15:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It's about 30 miles from my house.  It looks like the OR model but does not list it as such.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are plenty of really good deals out there for the Plus non-optics version the posted one above looks like the non-optics model.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 7:53:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

There are plenty of really good deals out there for the Plus non-optics version the posted one above looks like the non-optics model.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Personally, I prefer to get the non-optics version and have them cut.  I and friends have had great success with Nameless arms.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 8:31:07 PM EDT
[#31]
I absolutely hate you fuckers.

My dealer just ordered an optic ready version for me. $420 out the door.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 8:37:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

don't forget to fill out the rebate form! Gift card came in quick.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 9:15:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Personally, I prefer to get the non-optics version and have them cut.  I and friends have had great success with Nameless arms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is exactly where my Gen 1 slide is at now with a 407K gr model. Should be back in another week. Since my Gen 1 Shield was already set with Apex goodies, didn't make any sense to buy a new Shield Plus and I jumped at the bare frame deal on GB.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 9:44:01 PM EDT
[#34]

@Amped

How was that (optic) cut finished?
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 11:06:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

When doesn't his place cost us money?  You know better than that.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 11:10:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That is exactly where my Gen 1 slide is at now with a 407K gr model. Should be back in another week. Since my Gen 1 Shield was already set with Apex goodies, didn't make any sense to buy a new Shield Plus and I jumped at the bare frame deal on GB.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the optic I have on my 4" Plus.  It's stupid easy to shoot it well.  I have these 2" orange dot stickers that I use at 10 yds and can put 16 rnds in there relatively constantly and I'm not even a terribly good pistol shooter.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 11:15:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

@Amped

How was that (optic) cut finished?
View Quote

@wdeagle

Quick tape job and rust oleum
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 1:17:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You sent it off, or ground it down yourself?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Have Shield Plus. Tried Crimson Trace but it crapped out on me in less than a month. Milled and put on a Holosun 507K. Sweet setup. With 15 round mag it fits my hand perfectly and shoots great. If I got another one I'd look at the the Holoson EPS.

You sent it off, or ground it down yourself?
Gun shop I bought it from did it. Charged me $10. Could probably DIY easy enough. Not sure  but I think the Holosun EPS has a mounting plate that might make milling unnecessary.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 8:25:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Freakin awesome guns.  I shoot them as well if not better than my full size ones.  I love the 15 rnd mags too.
Also you can swap the slides with the older ones.  
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/462085/20221228_151941_jpg-2747613.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/462085/20230204_192757_jpg-2747614.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/462085/20220120_163330_jpg-2747615.JPG
View Quote

What holster are you using for the PC? I have a Vedder but I don’t love it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 5:41:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This one has OR cut.  I am cleaning it nd doing some dry fire noe.  
I think this thing fits the hand well.  It has the night sites an the OR slide.  I will pick up some 15 rnd mags; but this 13 gives a full grip.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 8:33:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This one has OR cut.  I am cleaning it nd doing some dry fire noe.  
I think this thing fits the hand well.  It has the night sites an the OR slide.  I will pick up some 15 rnd mags; but this 13 gives a full grip.
View Quote

Also that's one of the things I like about it, b/c my sig 365XL doesn't have a rear sight, just optic and front sight.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 4:38:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Well I did a thing.  Upated &/or upgraded my island carry weapons.

I bought a Shield Plus OR to replace the G43 and a LCP Max to replace the LCP I.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Shield package was $349 (AR) and LCP Max was $359.

Link Posted: 3/19/2023 7:01:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

@grumpyinstl

Where did you find this deal?
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 7:14:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was very happy with their work and the quick turn around time.

Link Posted: 3/19/2023 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Vortex just dropped a new RMR (Defender-CCW) that should fit on the Shield footprint. Trying to find one to try out.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 8:22:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I’m glad S&W can finally make a M&P series 9mm barrel that can group.

My MP9C is the least accurate handgun I have ever owned.
View Quote

Perhaps why they dropped the 9C and the 2.0 that size is called "Compact" all spelled out.  My 2.0 shoots very nice.  Far better than my OG full size.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 8:26:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It comes in quick too. Think it took less than a month.
View Quote

I bought an M&P 2.0 10mm and the card came in two or three weeks.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 8:35:43 PM EDT
[#48]
I wish they would have included the Metal.  I would have jumped on that one.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 9:13:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Well I did a thing.  Upated &/or upgraded my island carry weapons.

I bought a Shield Plus OR to replace the G43 and a LCP Max to replace the LCP I.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/174498/ss_c_jpg-2749361.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/174498/LCPMax_jpg-2752098.JPG

Shield package was $349 (AR) and LCP Max was $379.

View Quote

Part of me wants an LCP max so bad..... but then again, I have so many better carry options. It's hard to justify the 440 bucks (10% tax where I live).
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 9:27:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Part of me wants an LCP max so bad..... but then again, I have so many better carry options. It's hard to justify the 440 bucks (10% tax where I live).
View Quote

Around town, the LCP is what I carry when I wear shorts & the G43 (now Shield Plus) is when I am wearing jeans/long pants.

If I am traveling or headed into JAX, I usually carry a G19.  The Shield Plus may even end up replacing that.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top