Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/26/2024 11:42:56 AM EDT
I'm not talking about "religion". This is just a general discussion about an experience I had. So if you're bothered by a general discussion about my story, click out please and thank you.

A little back story...

I got saved in 1999 and everything about my life changed. Ended up in a new state and alone with The Lord, just working hard at entry level blue collar job and living in a 397 sqft apartment with a murphy bed and going to church every time the doors were opened.

About the first week I was there, which was about two or three weeks after I accepted The Lord, satan approached me three times in my sleep. Now I know what a dream is, and I know what a nightmare is, and this was 10000% neither one of those. This was being awake but being unconscious. Laying in bed with my eyes open but my eyes closed. Being aware 1000% of my surroundings and environment like it was dark but the slap middle of the day. And being so scared I wanted to scream but no sound was coming out.

The CLOSEST thing that I can tell you satan looked like was the scene in Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the lost Ark at the Ark opening ceremony where the last thing everyone say before lightning bolts started killing Germans and faces started getting melted was a greyish whiteish angle of death come out of the Ark and fly in front of the head Nazis and she then turned from a feminine face into a skull.

Now what I saw was not as personified as that. There was no PERSON looking face, but what I saw was that scene sort of flowing looking grey while angel with tattered wings all around it, standing full height in my field of vision above my bed all over every direction that I could see. Had sort of some main body in the middle and a head type structure. And it wanted me friggen dead.

This thing did this three nights in a row, and I never saw it again.

It was frightening to me down to my bones and I was EXTREMELY afraid to go to sleep the second and third and forth nights. I was tremendously relived when his presence was gone

I only throw this out there because this was not a demon. This was satan. And he wanted me back on his team. He wanted me back in a worldly life.

I've spent the last 25 years with a blessed life, far from perfect. I pray for sanctification and be a better witness, but still fall short. I just want all you dudes and ladies to hear that the devil really exists, and so does The Lord. This is not religion. This is reality. And just because you deny the fact that a train is coming that is going to hit you someday, and you can't stay here, doesnt change the fact this it is. You can say you dont believe in it, and it doesnt change the fact that it exists.

So, not religion, just want you all to contemplate your eternal destination. Know that the devil exists, and so does Christ.

Hope everyone out there in GD land is well...
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:45:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought this was going to be a Kamala thread....but seriously, i'm glad to hear you are saved.  Born twice, die once.  Born one, die twice.  Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:46:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll be the first. You're talking about Jesus and Satan but say this isn't religious? You need a therapist.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:47:44 AM EDT
[#3]
USERNAME CHECKS OUT
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:48:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Username checks out

ETA: Beat
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:49:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
USERNAME CHECKS OUT
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:50:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Congrats. You've had sleep paralysis. Fun isn't it?
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:50:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Devil which can't be explained at all or..

Night terror

Which can be explained...
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:51:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:53:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:53:38 AM EDT
[#10]
I can't keep up are you the one that said God gave you the pastors teen daughter?

I agree you need a therapist either way.  Good luck and God bless.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:54:49 AM EDT
[#11]
"I got saved in 1999" ... that's not a thing. Matthew 24:13 says "But the one who endures to the end will be saved." You're still alive. It's not the end yet.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:55:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly this.

Humanity should have stopped attributing normal physiological events to the supernatural about a century ago but here we are.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:57:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Ive had a very similar experience, thank you for sharing.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:57:27 AM EDT
[#14]
I met Satan in 1990. She gave me 2 beautiful daughters. Luckily neither of them takes after It.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:58:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks OP. I've been Witnessed to, and will testify to that. You get a little jewel in your Crown of Glory.
At the same time, if you continue having these little night terrors, you might consider a sleep study and some brain imaging. Some tumors grow very slowly. Also, your confusion over what is or isn't a religious topic indicates either puerile mendacity or a change in the tumor's status. A psychotic break or lapsing into a vegetative state might be in the offing.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:58:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Satan and evil are very real.
God is all powerful.
You will be tested.
The path is wide but the gate is narrow.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:59:22 AM EDT
[#17]
I hear that Satan is running for pres. on the Dem ticket.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:00:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
"I got saved in 1999" ... that's not a thing. Matthew 24:13 says "But the one who endures to the end will be saved." You're still alive. It's not the end yet.
View Quote

1 Corinthians 1:18 New King James Version (NKJV)
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:00:52 PM EDT
[#19]
That's called sleep paralysis.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:01:32 PM EDT
[#20]
If the devil ever appeared to me to tempt me I imagine him looking like this..

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:02:28 PM EDT
[#21]
A couple of years ago I was awake and cleaning in the house, I looked out the bedroom window for some unknown reason. I, like you were in some kind of state of paralysis. i saw would could be described as a four legged figure with a horse like body. A chest of a man somewhat but the head of a bull. I was alert and aware of my surroundings but I couldn’t move either. I wasn’t afraid but I couldn’t believe what I was seeing either. This lasted a few seconds and it went away and I was able to go about my business. I never told anyone about what I saw until now….

I returned to the Lord a couple of years ago after being far away for a long time. I come up short but yet I still pray and go to church when I’m not scheduled to work on a Sunday. God is real as is Satan and his demons….
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:04:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I can't keep up are you the one that said God gave you the pastors teen daughter?

I agree you need a therapist either way.  Good luck and God bless.
View Quote

No...

No you're confusing me with someone else completely.

Don't know anything about a story about a pastors teen daughter although that sounds like a terrible story.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:11:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
USERNAME CHECKS OUT
View Quote

:) I know I know

In EMS psych patients were informally referred to as "wackbiscuits" and the name always made me laugh. The PEOPLE did not, but the EMS lingo made me smile.

And then Thorazine, is, well, Thorazine..

Not any particular meaning in any of it. Just words
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:14:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Do you sleep on your back?  Are you a snorer or do you have sleep apnea?  These can be triggers for night terrors.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:15:19 PM EDT
[#25]
I've never seen the devil...........unless a certain Ex counts and she very well could have been the devil, but I had heard him talking to me. I've been saved since I was 12 or 13 years old. I've heard that "small still voice" they talk about several times. I've also heard the LOUD voice of the Devil and usually in church of all places.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:24:00 PM EDT
[#26]
I've never seen the devil. But I'd imagine that he would not be terrifying. His goal is temptation, so fear would not suit his goals.

Ironically fear is what God uses.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:24:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:25:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Grateful Dead - Friend Of The Devil (San Francisco, CA 12/31/78)
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:27:02 PM EDT
[#29]
LOL
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:27:46 PM EDT
[#30]
no MS paint, no care
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:30:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Was alcohol involved?  And I mean, were you trying to quit alcohol at the time?  Not drunk but in the stages of cleansing?

I just had my first demonic dream about a week ago.  My GF woke me up because she said I was sleep screaming.  I've never been so terrified in my sleep and I'm getting old.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:32:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

I've had that before. Last time was when I was about 30. Scary shit but just illustrates how the mind is so susceptible to conjuring up your fears.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:32:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Was alcohol involved?  And I mean, were you trying to quit alcohol at the time?  Not drunk but in the stages of cleansing?

I just had my first demonic dream about a week ago.  My GF woke me up because she said I was sleep screaming.  I've never been so terrified in my sleep and I'm getting old.
View Quote

Good question, but no.

I drank a little here and there but I was not a super big drinker in the years prior to 1999 and this event.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:32:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Satan was the highest created angel before he rebeled.  He does not look like a horned monster.  He would be one of the most beautiful things you have ever seen. That makes it even easier for him to fool people that come in contact with him.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:Satan Revealed Himself To Me. Here Is What He Looked Like
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:34:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:37:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I thought this was going to be a Kamala thread....but seriously, i'm glad to hear you are saved.  Born twice, die once.  Born one, die twice.  Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior.
View Quote

Me too..
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:38:54 PM EDT
[#38]
I read an audiobook recently that you might find interesting:

https://store.epm.org/the-chasm/
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:48:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
USERNAME CHECKS OUT
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
USERNAME CHECKS OUT

Boy I guess.

Chlorpromazine (CPZ), marketed under the brand names Thorazine and Largactil among others, is an antipsychotic medication.[6] It is primarily used to treat psychotic disorders such as schizophrenia.[6]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:56:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was thinking this, as I was reading the OP.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:57:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Sleep paralysis.  I've had it happen as well.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:58:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If the devil ever appeared to me to tempt me I imagine him looking like this..

https://i.postimg.cc/QtXwPjQr/0d7a1d49-35ed-4deb-8444-88db5063bb03.jpg
View Quote

That devils backside needs a little more curve to it before it can tempt me
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#43]
I can't judge you on your personal story, but demonic evil is real and getting stronger and more influential by the day.  2015ish was when I started seeing hints of it and 2020 was when I knew for certain it was taking over our society.

I don't know how to save our society from it but my wife and I are doing the best we can to protect our daughter from their missionaries.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:08:10 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm a Christian and completely agree that Christ and satan are real.  The mind is also a powerful thing and it sounds like you had every symptom of sleep paralysis and a night terror.  I know a few people who had the same physical description of what you experienced, just saw different stuff.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:11:23 PM EDT
[#45]
I miss the old Thorazine and his great recipes and food pics.

OP, you had sleep paralysis. But if you can use that to better your life or spread a good message, that’s for the best.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:13:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Boy I guess.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
USERNAME CHECKS OUT

Boy I guess.
Chlorpromazine (CPZ), marketed under the brand names Thorazine and Largactil among others, is an antipsychotic medication.[6] It is primarily used to treat psychotic disorders such as schizophrenia.[6]

OP needs to get his prescription refilled...
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:14:45 PM EDT
[#47]
All hail satin !!!
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:21:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Satan was the highest created angel before he rebeled.  He does not look like a horned monster.  He would be one of the most beautiful things you have ever seen. That makes it even easier for him to fool people that come in contact with him.
View Quote

Raiders of the Lost Ark - The opening of the Ark - The LORD's vengeance!!
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:25:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:30:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top