BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:33:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No...

No you're confusing me with someone else completely.

Don't know anything about a story about a pastors teen daughter although that sounds like a terrible story.
View Quote

That's exactly what a dude with the pastor's teen daughter chained up in his basement would say.....

We're on to you!
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:37:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File

By aliens that is
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:37:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve never seen satan but I’ve been attacked by him.  For those who proudly boast “He’s not real!”  Here’s a challenge for you.

Before you go to bed, pray for satan.  Pray for his redemption.  Pray that he might throw off his curse of pride and fall before God and beg for forgiveness.  Pray for the enemies salvation, for if he turned back to God so would the world with him.

And I assure you that he will attack you.  He will make you enemy #1.  He will convince your friends to hate you, to foment lies about you.  He will turn your spouse against you, put an addiction on her if he must.  He will make your children reject you and find fault in you and fill them with his pride.

You will watch as your comfortable life disintegrates before your eyes.  Just keep praying for him.  Trust me, you’ll stop before he does.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:41:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Great post OP.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:45:42 PM EDT
[#5]
"who is willie brown?"
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:45:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:49:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'll be the first. You're talking about Jesus and Satan but say this isn't religious? You need a therapist.
View Quote

Eh, not necessarily.

There is a difference between being religious or spiritual and being a devout follower of a religion.

If most people were being honest with themselves they would likely find it’s not Jesus’ teachings they have a problem with but the religious organization itself.

IE; I have no problem with Jesus, it’s the fan club I can’t stand.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:50:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Similar experience

Cliff notes
Wake up in my bed and can only move my eyes, thinking to myself what the fuck. Feel a weight pressing on my whole body
Dark figure glides into my room right next to my head
Absolute feeling of dread and misery
Can’t scream can’t move
Call on Jesus to help me in my thoughts
In an instant everything is back to normal.

I didn’t consider myself a “religious” person and was living pretty recklessly at this time of my life.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:52:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:52:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Satan revealed himself to me in the form of really, REALLY shitty, like truly horrific crime-against-humanity levels of awful food threads from someone that totes wasn't you.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:52:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I thought this was going to be a Kamala thread....but seriously, i'm glad to hear you are saved.  Born twice, die once.  Born one, die twice.  Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

FPNI
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:10:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Similar experience

Cliff notes
Wake up in my bed and can only move my eyes, thinking to myself what the fuck. Feel a weight pressing on my whole body
Can’t scream can’t move

I didn’t consider myself a “religious” person and was living pretty recklessly at this time of my life.
View Quote

Had a similar situation a few months ago.

"Woke up" to very heavy feeling, hard to even breathe, something was very off about everything around me.
I was aware enough to know my wife was sleeping next to me, but I couldn't move or make noise.
I laid there pondering what the hell was going on when suddenly everything (time?) stopped and I actually started to be afraid.
A very powerful somewhat menacing voice said "Would you betray me?"
I paused a second or 2 and said "Yes".

In that instant everything went back to normal, the pressure I felt on me lifted and the weird vibe in the room was gone.
The wife was now awake and asked if I was ok, I asked what she meant and she said I was gasping and gurgling in my sleep.

Probably just dreaming in a  sleep apnea episode or something, but I still wonder who the voice was supposed to be and why I felt so sure about my answer.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:15:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Be glad, IT is usually more subtle, whispering in your ears that sinning is ok
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:17:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

"Woke up" to very heavy feeling, hard to even breathe, something was very off about everything around me.
I was aware enough to know my wife was sleeping next to me, but I couldn't move or make noise.
I laid there pondering what the hell was going on when suddenly everything (time?) stopped and I actually started to be afraid.

In that instant everything went back to normal, the pressure I felt on me lifted and the weird vibe in the room was gone.
The wife was now awake and asked if I was ok, I asked what she meant and she said I was gasping and gurgling in my sleep.

Probably just dreaming in a  sleep apnea episode or something, but I still wonder who the voice was supposed to be and why I felt so sure about my answer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Similar experience

Cliff notes
Can't scream can't move

I didn't consider myself a "religious" person and was living pretty recklessly at this time of my life.

Sleep paralysis bros :)
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:20:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Did he carry a pitchfork that looked like silverware?
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#16]
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."
 Ephesians   6 : 12   KJV  
https://bible.com/bible/1/eph.6.12.KJV

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#17]
I saw satan.

It was the opening of the Olympics in France.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:29:21 PM EDT
[#18]
"The CLOSEST thing that I can tell you satan looked like was the scene in Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the lost Ark at the Ark opening ceremony where the last thing everyone say before lightning bolts started killing Germans and faces started getting melted was a greyish whiteish angle of death come out of the Ark and fly in front of the head Nazis and she then turned from a feminine face into a skull."

That damn angle of death will get you every time. You'll never see proof that it's right. They're certainly never acute. That leaves only one option left. Andy Dufresne recognized their true nature.

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:30:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'll be the first. You're talking about Jesus and Satan but say this isn't religious? You need a therapist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

What does religion have to do with two persons?

Jesus Christ is a man and Satan is a being (person). Where do you get religion out of that? By chance, are you educated?

Quoted:
A couple of years ago I was awake and cleaning in the house, I looked out the bedroom window for some unknown reason. I, like you were in some kind of state of paralysis. i saw would could be described as a four legged figure with a horse like body. A chest of a man somewhat but the head of a bull. I was alert and aware of my surroundings but I couldn’t move either. I wasn’t afraid but I couldn’t believe what I was seeing either. This lasted a few seconds and it went away and I was able to go about my business. I never told anyone about what I saw until now….

I returned to the Lord a couple of years ago after being far away for a long time. I come up short but yet I still pray and go to church when I’m not scheduled to work on a Sunday. God is real as is Satan and his demons….

This is close to what Satan looks like as described in the King James bible.

I doubt OP saw the bad guy satan himself.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:30:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I saw satan.

It was the opening of the Olympics in France.
View Quote

That's Godzilla.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:31:47 PM EDT
[#21]
I don’t think us grunts are imprtant enough for satan to be hanging around us. He’s busy influencing world leaders
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:34:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Funny you mention this, I saw a Virginia plated Mustang the other day with vanity plates that read “LUCIFER.” No shit! She looked like a twentysomething blonde from what I saw. Probably a really bad girl. Watch your wallets boys!
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:34:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I’ve never seen satan but I’ve been attacked by him.  For those who proudly boast “He’s not real!”  Here’s a challenge for you.

Before you go to bed, pray for satan.  Pray for his redemption.  Pray that he might throw off his curse of pride and fall before God and beg for forgiveness.  Pray for the enemies salvation, for if he turned back to God so would the world with him.

And I assure you that he will attack you.  He will make you enemy #1.  He will convince your friends to hate you, to foment lies about you.  He will turn your spouse against you, put an addiction on her if he must.  He will make your children reject you and find fault in you and fill them with his pride.

You will watch as your comfortable life disintegrates before your eyes.  Just keep praying for him.  Trust me, you’ll stop before he does.
View Quote

Ok
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:35:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Primus - The Devil Went Down To Georgia (Official Music Video)
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:50:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I don’t think us grunts are imprtant enough for satan to be hanging around us. He’s busy influencing world leaders
View Quote

Probably true, but he might have been behind the  Trump’s assassination attempt “whispering” in Crook’s ear.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 3:14:47 PM EDT
[#26]
you guys are doing sleep paralysis wrong.  my paralyzed spiritual encounter was with a phantom floating woman... a phantom floating woman with needs... went right back to sleep once it was over
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 4:37:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Why are night terrors always something evil?
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 4:40:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm not talking about "religion". This is just a general discussion about an experience I had. So if you're bothered by a general discussion about my story, click out please and thank you.

A little back story...

I got saved in 1999 and everything about my life changed. Ended up in a new state and alone with The Lord, just working hard at entry level blue collar job and living in a 397 sqft apartment with a murphy bed and going to church every time the doors were opened.

About the first week I was there, which was about two or three weeks after I accepted The Lord, satan approached me three times in my sleep. Now I know what a dream is, and I know what a nightmare is, and this was 10000% neither one of those. This was being awake but being unconscious. Laying in bed with my eyes open but my eyes closed. Being aware 1000% of my surroundings and environment like it was dark but the slap middle of the day. And being so scared I wanted to scream but no sound was coming out.

The CLOSEST thing that I can tell you satan looked like was the scene in Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the lost Ark at the Ark opening ceremony where the last thing everyone say before lightning bolts started killing Germans and faces started getting melted was a greyish whiteish angle of death come out of the Ark and fly in front of the head Nazis and she then turned from a feminine face into a skull.

Now what I saw was not as personified as that. There was no PERSON looking face, but what I saw was that scene sort of flowing looking grey while angel with tattered wings all around it, standing full height in my field of vision above my bed all over every direction that I could see. Had sort of some main body in the middle and a head type structure. And it wanted me friggen dead.

This thing did this three nights in a row, and I never saw it again.

It was frightening to me down to my bones and I was EXTREMELY afraid to go to sleep the second and third and forth nights. I was tremendously relived when his presence was gone

I only throw this out there because this was not a demon. This was satan. And he wanted me back on his team. He wanted me back in a worldly life.

I've spent the last 25 years with a blessed life, far from perfect. I pray for sanctification and be a better witness, but still fall short. I just want all you dudes and ladies to hear that the devil really exists, and so does The Lord. This is not religion. This is reality. And just because you deny the fact that a train is coming that is going to hit you someday, and you can't stay here, doesnt change the fact this it is. You can say you dont believe in it, and it doesnt change the fact that it exists.

So, not religion, just want you all to contemplate your eternal destination. Know that the devil exists, and so does Christ.

Hope everyone out there in GD land is well...
View Quote

Thank you for sharing.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 4:40:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 4:50:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Sleep paralysis.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 4:51:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Kamala appearing in my sleep to offer me a blow job would be close as I would want to experience.  Hard to turn down even a bad blow job - but you know the monster would appear and bite it off if you failed to resist temptation.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 4:56:24 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't think my Ex was actually Satan, but she is in the family.  Maybe his sister.  So I have met Satan's sister.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 5:01:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Cool story

I've never experienced anything surreal like that, but i still believe
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 5:02:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Devil which can't be explained at all or..

Night terror

Which can be explained...
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#35]
OP:

You should not have posted this in GD.  There are few rules here.  GD will predictably act like, well, GD.

Maybe ask the Mods to move your  thread to “creatures of legend” sub forum?  

As for me:

I’m persuaded there IS evil at work in this world.  I don’t understand how some people reject that thought.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 5:16:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

And you need a hobby besides coming in and shitting in other people's threads. Seriously, don't you have something better to do? Probably not.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 5:25:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Honestly, the closest thing I had was a personal revelation.  An idea that is not fully backed up by my religion, but I don't think is actually opposed by it either.

The revelation was nothing huge, but I attached a bit of an analogy to it afterwards.  The revelation.  I tended to go to Church on the First Friday of the month.  I had been doing this little devotion for about a year.  My alarm went off, I though I would rather sleep, and started to go back to bed.  Then I thought - I chose sleep over Christ.  Yes, not the largest revelation in history.

But we make choices constantly.  Christ should be alive in us.  He should live through our choices.  But why - we can not earn our way to heaven.  Well, Catholics believe that the state of our soul at the time of death determines things.  Then it made sense to me.  Practice choosing Christ.  In every part of life, we practice.  If we want to get better at something, we practice.  If you want to insure you make a free throw that could decide the outcome of the game - you should practice.  Then the shot is easy, second nature, a given - not a random Hail Mary.  If you want to make sure you choose Christ at the end of your life - practice.  Make choosing Christ as normal as putting one step in front of another is for walking.

I still don't do the best job of it.  I still sometimes choose to miss the mark.  But I try harder to hit the mark more often now.  Don't see any harm can come by exercising your faith muscles.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 5:29:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Lots of typical GD antics here in, well

GD

But think about the threads over the years people have loved about “astral projection.”

In almost every thread, people who are total atheists will usually post they eventually encountered something they can only describe as “evil.”

It’s weird how consisten that seems to be.  

Not something I want to mess with.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 5:34:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Don’t forget that Satan is the Angel of Light, the Sining One, the Great Deceiver.

Most of the world will be fooled by him.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 5:37:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Satan was the highest created angel before he rebeled.  He does not look like a horned monster.  He would be one of the most beautiful things you have ever seen. That makes it even easier for him to fool people that come in contact with him.
View Quote

Angel of light of course.
Remember that his stock-in-trade is lies and deception.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 5:44:33 PM EDT
[#41]
I expected mspaint Pic of Satan. I'm disappointed.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 5:44:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Does Satan/great deceiver/ gaslighter wear a light jacket to cover his broken wings?
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 5:45:51 PM EDT
[#43]
So you repeatedly say it's not about religion, then write a book worth of a story about religion?

And as many others have said it was just sleep paralysis or night terrors, nothing more.   They can be a bitch though.   I still remember ones from 40 years ago that seem like last night.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 5:47:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Congrats. You've had sleep paralysis. Fun isn't it?
View Quote

This.  I have it often since Iraq and Afghanistan.  It’s a trick of your own psychology
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:06:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm a Christian and completely agree that Christ and satan are real.  The mind is also a powerful thing and it sounds like you had every symptom of sleep paralysis and a night terror.  I know a few people who had the same physical description of what you experienced, just saw different stuff.
View Quote

This.

Think about a couple of things OP.

Satan is not omniscient like God. He can only be one place at a time. To think that Lucifer would take take time out of his schedule 3 nights in a row to try to take you back when he could have be influencing people like Bill Clinton, Osama binLaden or Sadam Hussein is very self absorbed.

Second, I’m not sure it’s scriptural to think that he could have any influence over you in a supernatural way, like being able to appear to you in your sleep. Could he possess an individual and speak to you? Probably. But I don’t think God would be allowing him access to you’re thoughts if you were truly a born again Christian and just starting your walk with him.

This was probably your own manifestation of what your subconscious thinks of Satan. I’m not saying this to try to affect anything except that it doesn’t sound scriptural.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:09:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Eh, not necessarily.

There is a difference between being religious or spiritual and being a devout follower of a religion.

If most people were being honest with themselves they would likely find it’s not Jesus’ teachings they have a problem with but the religious organization itself.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eh, not necessarily.

Religion is man reaching out to God.

Christianity is God reaching out to man.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:14:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks for sharing that, brother!
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:22:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I've never seen the devil. But I'd imagine that he would not be terrifying. His goal is temptation, so fear would not suit his goals.

Ironically fear is what God uses.
View Quote

That’s an interesting observation.  It’s an easy and wide path when there are “no rules, do as you like”.  Attractive.  Easy.  No guilt or shame.  No…rules.  

God warns us about living outside of His design.  That’s no fun.  Because rules.  Yet He makes repentance and forgiveness for the worst to the slightest deviance very easy and straightforward.  He paid in blood for the open door.  

The end results of the two different approaches is serious and horribly apparent in scripture.  We are given the choice.

YMMV accordingly.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:28:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Similar experience

Cliff notes
Can’t scream can’t move

View Quote

Those are actually Shadow People and verdict is still out on exactly who/what they are and where they come from.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:31:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol!
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top