Newsom details 'climate emergency' as fires rage
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 11:11:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Newsom says the fires are caused by climate change

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bODhnSgwj0
View Quote

Fuck him. He didn’t hold a press briefing. He took cameras from one news station, Sac Bee, and let them record him privately. With no one else around. No crowd. No other news reps there.

Little bitch snuck in like a coward and left. Fuck him.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 11:15:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Calif. Assemblyman on wildfires: Dem radical policies led to wildfires, people dying
Sep. 12, 2020 - 2:31 - James Gallagher, CA State Assemblyman, discusses the 'devastating' wildfires engulfing California and calls out Dem leadership for failed policies

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6190080523001?fbclid=IwAR0A4RSXRzZ6IDSOcqiq8hu-JUdLFxFh_uFw9lo_vRoqZypMbuQOMg9wgTE#sp=show-clips
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 11:17:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone know which areas on northern CA are affected by the fires? I have some family in Nevada City.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 11:18:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Rep. Doug LaMalfa

“Our people are suffering. The North Complex fires have raged in Butte, Plumas, and Yuba Counties, displacing thousands of families, burning down homes, taking the lives of ten people, and injuring many more. Today, the Governor had the audacity to come tour the North Complex and peddle his climate change agenda while offering zero solutions to alleviate the pain of our people or get these fires under control. He used our destroyed land for a photo op while systematically excluding every local voice, including our Sheriffs, first responders, local press, elected officials, and others on the ground.

To make matters worse, while stumping his radical political positions, the Governor sent his agents into Butte County, threatening to withhold their coronavirus aid money should they not close indoor eating in bars and restaurants. The air quality is insufferable and nobody can enjoy eating outside in a healthy way. With thousands of people displaced, our local governments need flexibility to provide food and shelter.

I am happy to further discuss policies that will minimize wildfire risk with the Governor in the future, but today, I am solely focused on taking care of my constituents. Getting them out of the smoke, into shelter, and extinguishing the fires is my number one priority. The President has extended his support to alleviate our suffering. Mr. Governor, what are you doing?”

My full statement: https://lamalfa.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/lamalfa-to-newsom-we-need-help-not-a-lecture
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 11:20:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Utah county where I live is full of heavy smoke today...I have wondered where it came from.

Looks like it could be from cali.  Again.
View Quote

Theres a fire in santaquin next to the barnes bullet factory
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 11:20:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anyone know which areas on northern CA are affected by the fires? I have some family in Nevada City.
View Quote

It’s fine. About 25 miles from the North Complex. The fire ran from Quincy down to Lake Oroville (damn apocalypse, same place).

I’ll be driving through there tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 11:25:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's why the Left stopped calling them "forest fires" and started calling them "wild fires".  To subtly suggest they are caused by nature/global warming/spontaneous combustion and not, you know, dumbass people.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 11:38:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Aren't the fires in an area of Cali that talks about seceding often?   Isn't this area largely conservative?

DO ANY conservative Cali residents think he gives a FLYING FUCK about any of you?

commie leadership will be sticking their face in front of every camera that will stop for them so they can get ahead of any ANTIFA/BLM TERRORIST semblance of truth getting widespread.
Their narrative of what is happening is already being fed to the masses and the truth will not matter.... until we get off our hands and feed them a dose of reality.

Just think, there is probably a whole bag of tricks they haven't even tapped yet.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 11:39:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Fucking California. left that dumpster fire 5 years ago and still getting crapped on by them. ...smoke here in Boise metro has been off and on for the past week or so and due to get worse this next week.

Cant we just line up a bunch of fracking equipment on the Nevada and Arizona borders and chisel them off the continent?!
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 11:40:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Can’t make this shit up... @hungrymonkey how would you like your chief to be a convicted felon?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 12:59:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It’s fine. About 25 miles from the North Complex. The fire ran from Quincy down to Lake Oroville (damn apocalypse, same place).

View Quote

Hows yuba and paradise and grass valley? I have a ton of friends there
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 1:38:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Parts of Butte and Yuba counties got hit pretty hard.  I know part of the Paradise area was in danger, but I missed the news today. Grass Valley is Smokey, but that’s about it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 3:20:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That's why the Left stopped calling them "forest fires" and started calling them "wild fires".  To subtly suggest they are caused by nature/global warming/spontaneous combustion and not, you know, dumbass people.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have been called "wildfires" long before the global warming BS started...
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 3:23:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Can’t make this shit up... @hungrymonkey how would you like your chief to be a convicted felon?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/158348/EA3B73CF-223E-483D-80AF-EB3D8AA8CA32_jpe-1588224.JPG
View Quote

If NREMT has any spine they would stop accepting applications from CA programs.

But they wont.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 7:33:43 AM EDT
[#16]
the fucking smoke as of about 9pm last night here just outside of reno is INSANE. I can barely see the fucking stop sign 100 yards from the end of my driveway.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 7:45:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 10:14:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yuba county or city? YC is fine. Yuba county has a lot of burn.

The fire has burned up to the Camp Fire scare in one spot and ran out of fuel. It’s active around the lake and is still threatening homes between Oroville lake and Paradice city.

Grass Valley is smoky, but is fine. It’s 25 miles from the fire. I drove though it an hour ago.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 8:28:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/158348/EA3B73CF-223E-483D-80AF-EB3D8AA8CA32_jpe-1588224.JPG
View Quote

This isn't as bad as it sounds. The state of California already uses inmate labor for fighting forest fires paying them pennies on the dollar, which to me is fine. Then when they're released, they have all this experience fighting forest fires, but can't put it to any use. It doesn't hurt anyone to let them apply to fire fighting jobs. They're better off working than not.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 8:31:05 PM EDT
[#20]
How much is federal land and how much is state? Does the state have authority over fed land?
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 6:01:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This place is up to 5th?! Impressive...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can’t believe so many on this forum live in CA. Wtf

it's the 5th biggest economy in the entire planet

This place is up to 5th?! Impressive...

Hard to believe, considering how over the top CA went with shutdowns.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 6:09:48 AM EDT
[#22]

Our house near Carson City is somewhere under that.
On a better note, the Trump rally in Minden last night was AWESOME!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 7:09:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
That sucks for the good folks stuck there.
View Quote

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top