Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 12:46:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Probably more pollution then the entirety of CARB has eliminated in their history.
Overbearing green nazi fucks....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just like that 300 years of motorcycle green stickers progress went backwards on pollution.

Probably more pollution then the entirety of CARB has eliminated in their history.
Overbearing green nazi fucks....

One of the early arguments I remember was volcanos. Natural processes emit way more CO2 than we can.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 12:54:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Learn to manage your forests with the input from forestry experts instead of communist environmentalists, and this won't happen.

So, I'll have a coke.

View Quote

This...18Z50
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 7:29:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like a gender reveal started another fire.

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2020/09/07/a-gender-reveal-sparked-a-wildfire-in-california-thats-grown-to-7000-acres/

Link Posted: 9/7/2020 7:38:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I can’t believe so many on this forum live in CA. Wtf
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 7:45:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Looks like a gender reveal started another fire.

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2020/09/07/a-gender-reveal-sparked-a-wildfire-in-california-thats-grown-to-7000-acres/

View Quote

This one has my area looking like the apploypase is here with all the smoke and ash, with the sun being made orange with the smoke.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 7:47:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

it's the 5th biggest economy in the entire planet
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 7:48:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 7:50:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 7:52:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

it's It was the 5th biggest economy in the entire planet
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't believe so many on this forum live in CA. Wtf

I fixed it for ya...
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 7:53:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

More than 10% of the US population lives in California.  There are more gun owners in California than there are people in most states.  California probably ranks third in the number of guns owned, behind Texas and Florida.

The AR-15 rifle was invented in California.  California is home to 32 military bases and more than 128,000 active duty military people, more than any other state in both cases.

A lot of us have lived here since long before the state government was taken over by kooks and losers.  Many have left, many others are not able to leave because of personal commitments, job situations, etc.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 7:58:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This place is up to 5th?! Impressive...
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 8:00:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 8:09:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It’s bad, man. Big one up near Shaver & Huntington Lakes started a day or so ago and it’s spreading fast. I live about an hour away, down the mountain. Nearly everyone up there is a solid, patriotic American. Lots of horse trailers on the freeway today, coming down from the evacuation zones  

The parts of CA that burn are almost never the parts that Arfcom would celebrate burning if they really knew. Quite the opposite, really
View Quote

100% this
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 8:10:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

More than 10% of the US population lives in California.  There are more gun owners in California than there are people in most states.  California probably ranks third in the number of guns owned, behind Texas and Florida.

The AR-15 rifle was invented in California.  California is home to 32 military bases and more than 128,000 active duty military people, more than any other state in both cases.

A lot of us have lived here since long before the state government was taken over by kooks and losers.  Many have left, many others are not able to leave because of personal commitments, job situations, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get it ... it's hard to leave but sometimes it's harder to stay. I was born in CA and grew up when there was only the I-5. Watched them tear down paradise a piece at a time.

We left 25 years ago and I walked away from a quarter million a year salary to work for a company in CO for 20% of that. Took a long time to recover from that.

Fires, floods, earth quakes and riots. Just wasn't where we wanted to raise our kids.

Very glad we chomped down hard on the bit and left Kommiefornia in our dust.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 8:13:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 8:13:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I guess. To me though, that all just sounds like the guy who gets cheated on then stays in the marriage because they have a house and kids and this and that together
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 8:14:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I fixed it for ya...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I fixed it for ya...

In 2019 we were ahead of India and behind Germany with $3.2T... What do you have that has more recent numbers?
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 8:43:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Controlling the water is why the central valley grows so much food stuff. The fires aren’t generally occurring in the valley, they are occurring in the hills & mountains...
View Quote

CA has kinda been fucked ever since the mountains were logged off the first time. Management could always be better but regrowth, especially at certain stages, is always way more fire prone than mature forests.

I used to spend a lot of time in the Olympics and Cascades, there are lots of places covered in fire weeds/bracken fern where the older trees are still flourishing and you can see where the regrowth burned right to the ground nearby where it was cleared.

People are foolish too, it's not uncommon to see houses sited and landscaped in a way that funnels fire right to the house, or obvious fire sources/hazards at the bottom of slopes full of fuel just waiting for the right opportunity.

The central valley has it's own hazards though, the next time we get a real Pineapple Express the flood damage is going to be insane. Way bigger threat to infrastructure than fires or earthquakes. We know they've happened every century or two going way back and the last one was 1861-1862.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:36:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I think I'll move to Fort Collins.  I'll bring my politics with me as well.
View Quote

California WestEast,I mean Fort Collins today

Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:58:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Idiot gender reveal smoked out my yard
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 10:06:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

California West,I mean Fort Collins today
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I'll move to Fort Collins.  I'll bring my politics with me as well.

California West,I mean Fort Collins today
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Nasty stuff...
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 10:25:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 10:40:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

About 4 in 10 Californians are not moonbats. That is a lot of people. Not enough to make our voice heard in government but more people then the populations of many states.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 10:45:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can't believe how many people are ignorant to the number of shooters in California. I was the number one gun buyer until sometime around Obama getting elected Texas took number one. Probably still number 2.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 10:56:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Learn to swim!
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/7/2020 11:33:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Wont be long, then there will be rain and mud slides
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 11:49:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Wont be long, then there will be rain and mud slides
View Quote

Nothing like spending a month fighting a fire, only to return to the neighborhoods 2 weeks later and pull what used to be children from the mud.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 1:36:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 1:37:24 PM EDT
[#29]
California is now known to give Nevada cancer.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 1:45:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This.

About 4 in 10 Californians are not moonbats. That is a lot of people. Not enough to make our voice heard in government but more people then the populations of many states.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

And if half of you moved, you'd change the political landscape of the nation for a generation or more.  I get why you don't, though it's hard for me to see it as something other than a list of reasons you're willing to give up your voice in government for.

I do get it.  I was looking for a way out of Wisconsin before Walker surprised me.  It's not easy without an opportunity falling into your lap.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 1:51:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Warning: Wildfire smoke contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm to citizens of nearby states.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 2:03:54 PM EDT
[#32]
EPA should fine Cali for air pollution just for the hell of it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 2:11:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 2:18:22 PM EDT
[#34]
My BIL has been TDY there as a hotshot for the last few weeks, he was flown home last night, fucked up his knee really bad. Wife woke up to a text "Name is hurt bad, he is being med evaced right now."

We texted him, he turned when working, hurt his knee so bad he dropped to the ground.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 2:46:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 2:48:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 2:51:22 PM EDT
[#37]
My mom told me not to say anything if I have nothing nice to say. I'll do that.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 2:58:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Really?
View Quote

When it comes to fire, there's a huge difference between 84f with 10% humidity and with 90%.

You've got to understand, the west coast usually doesn't get any significant rain from July-Sept. and they don't get any dew either.

It can go two weeks without rain here in SC and at night the lawn still gets so wet it squishes when you walk on it, that doesn't happen out west.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 2:59:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 2:59:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 4:31:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Sierra National Forest, Inyo National Forest, Sequoia National Forest, Angeles National Forest, Stanislaus National Forest, Cleveland National Forest, Tahoe National Forest, Los Padres National Forest, San Bernardo National Forest, Mendocino National Forest, Shasta-Trinity National Forest, Klamath National Forest, Lassen National Forest, Plumas National Forest, Yosemite National Park, and Death Valley National Park =/= California forests or parks.

Most of the fires are in these national manged forests. They're managed with the same western forest management that has fires now burning in Washington, Wyoming, and Colorado - sometimes year around. Nothing to due with Californian dope smoking hippies running the program back in the 1960s when they started the new western region policy.
View Quote

HONK HONK
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 4:37:56 PM EDT
[#42]
All dat smoke.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 4:42:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

10-12 million gun owners here and you're surprised there's so many of us on this forum?

You don't do critical thinking and logic too well 'boss.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 4:52:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Pretty dark here right now.  Has been all day.  Have to turn on lights to see indoors.  But at least it's cool.  On Sunday it was 115, right now it's 75.  But the sky is opaque and orange.

eta Lots of ash fall too.  This is fine!
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 4:52:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Thought it was supposed to be Sunny and 70* year round in Cali? Not 104-116*(except in the deserts).
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 4:58:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Thought it was supposed to be Sunny and 70* year round in Cali? Not 104-116*(except in the deserts).
View Quote

Haha funny guy.  It hit 130 in Death Valley last week.  On Sunday it hit 121 down in LA county.  

eta Woodland Hills, not the desert.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 5:21:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Haha funny guy.  It hit 130 in Death Valley last week.  On Sunday it hit 121 down in LA county.  

eta Woodland Hills, not the desert.
View Quote

Seems like it's always Woodland Hills that breaks the records in LA County.  Not sure why that place is always so damned hot.  Doesn't seem much different than the rest of the LA metro area.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 5:31:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 6:56:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Fire trucks from Monterey headed north. Smoke reached down to Los Gatos Santa Cruz hills and Saratoga Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 6:59:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Really?
View Quote

Normally 70 degrees
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top