Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gotta love the plan
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Originally Posted By sixnine
This is about forcing the issue into court one way or another. Trump's teams can just about copy/paste one case to the other. This is the big confrontation we've been waiting for. Only one way to introduce evidence.
Gotta love the plan
Shit! Y'all are right. That's been my whole problem the whole time.

Take a look at what John Solomon does every day, yet nothing is being done with anything he reports because nobody in the Justice Department has any backbone and or they are part of the problem.

I know there's been speculation along the way that try to explain how you legally introduce evidence that didn't quite pan out  but this has to be it.

A lawsuit that makes it to discovery would certainly do it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 2:23:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The more I see stuff like this, the more I open up to the line of thinking that POTUS has operatives running ops of this nature.
View Quote
that was my take
she fits the bill as an AOC supporter
she seemed to be playing 'a role'
eating babies inferred as harvesting adrenochrome?
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 2:32:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Shit! Y'all are right. That's been my whole problem the whole time.

Take a look at what John Solomon does every day, yet nothing is being done with anything he reports because nobody in the Justice Department has any backbone and or they are part of the problem.

I know there's been speculation along the way that try to explain how you legally introduce evidence that didn't quite pan out  but this has to be it.

A lawsuit that makes it to discovery would certainly do it.
View Quote
That will also take a while... And DOJ/FBI and the Washington jury pool is iffy at best. No sign of distrust in the judicial system. No outrage at injustice. Media still on the wrong side. No talk yet in the mainstream about tribunals. RBG not declared dead, yet.

Three year delta. October-November 2019: truth comes out... And it's another year before the finale. And the 2020 election. Have patience.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 2:32:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This is about forcing the issue into court one way or another. Trump's teams can just about copy/paste one case to the other. This is the big confrontation we've been waiting for. Only one way to introduce evidence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So wouldn't the lawsuit be a muuuuuuuuuuch safer bet than waiting in impeachment?
Arfcom dude

Get both
this late into the party
the comms on chan known to be directed to 'black hats'
the known 24/7 monitoring of Q posts and all subsequent posts
you really think that by now, the black hats haven't already learned "how to legally introduce evidence" and the various ways this is achievable?
i don't think we're pulling the wool over their eyes with this whole 'impeachment' mess
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 2:34:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Controled his wrists and crack , not his first rodeo.
View Quote
I thought to myself, "he's done that before."
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 2:41:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Let me add this.

View Quote
Ahhhh, we dont say his name
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 2:41:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

this late into the party
the comms on chan known to be directed to 'black hats'
the known 24/7 monitoring of Q posts and all subsequent posts
you really think that by now, the black hats haven't already learned "how to legally introduce evidence" and the various ways this is achievable?
i don't think we're pulling the wool over their eyes with this whole 'impeachment' mess
View Quote
Which is where the civil suit comes in, they either fall in one hole or get pushed in the other.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 2:48:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Which is where the civil suit comes in, they either fall in one hole or get pushed in the other.
View Quote
Yeah,   get both
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 2:55:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yeah,   get both
View Quote
Explosives are always double primed!
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 3:17:07 PM EDT
[#12]
>9671
> POTUS did tell them they would regret this Ukraine "bullshit"

The plot thickens!
=BREAKING: Nancy Pelosi’s Son Was Exec At Gas Company That Did Business In Ukraine==
Nancy Featured in Company Video
Patrick Howley by Patrick Howley
— October 3, 2019

https://nationalfile.com/breaking-nancy-pelosis-son-was-exec-at-gas-company-that-did-business-in-ukraine/

https://archive.is/GQpHd

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s son Paul Pelosi Jr. visited Ukraine in 2017 to meet with government officials in connection to a business initiative. Now, unearthed records reveal that Paul Pelosi Jr. was an executive of a gas industry company that did business in Ukraine – and his mother Nancy Pelosi was featured in one of the company’s promotional videos.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 3:49:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Boom Headshot !  click date.

View Quote
Knocked the camel fleas off of that one I tell you!
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 4:20:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Do I have this right : this 'formal impeachment inquiry' is literally nothing. They cannot compel any documents or evidence, since there has been no vote? No one has to respond to their nonsense?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 4:49:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Hope there are as many ex-D's as I think there are.  

Link Posted: 10/4/2019 4:54:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Do I have this right : this 'formal impeachment inquiry' is literally nothing. They cannot compel any documents or evidence, since there has been no vote? No one has to respond to their nonsense?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/440865/FDD63464-B3A8-4C71-A4F2-2557125E55B5_jpeg-1112457.JPG
View Quote
Can someone explain this?
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 4:57:56 PM EDT
[#18]
In related news. Let me introduce you to the underscore sisters. click the date to learn more.

Link Posted: 10/4/2019 5:01:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Hope there are as many ex-D's as I think there are.  

View Quote
Poaching on the picket line. What's not to like.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 5:01:58 PM EDT
[#20]
D's & comm release cherry picked conversations that supposedly hurt Trump

However, full transcripts of conversations, Amb Volker, and Amb Sondland absolutely dispute that completely.

Link Posted: 10/4/2019 5:07:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Franklin Graham Warns That “Our Country Could Begin To Unravel” If President Trump Is Removed From Office

The Democrats are convinced that they finally have President Trump in a trap from which he will not possibly be able to escape.  Nancy Pelosi’s plan is to have articles of impeachment ready for a vote some time around Thanksgiving, and she probably would have never started down this road if she did not believe that she already has the votes that she needs to impeach Trump.  By stonewalling the investigations that are happening in Congress, Trump can try to push this timeline back a bit, but Pelosi is determined to move forward quickly.  All it takes is a simple majority to impeach Trump in the House, and so Pelosi could lose quite a few Democrats and still be successful.  Then this matter would move to the U.S. Senate for a trial, and it would take 67 votes to convict Trump and remove him from office.  Since the Democrats only have 47 seats in the Senate, you would think that Trump should be safe, but unfortunately that may not be the case.  Many Republicans in the Senate are not fans of Trump at all, and they may just stab Trump in the back if there is an opportunity to do so.

If Trump is removed from office, it is going to cause an explosion of political anger among conservatives like we have never seen before.  On Wednesday, Franklin Graham warned that our nation could literally “begin to unravel” if that happened…

“Our country could begin to unravel if an elected president is thrown out of office because of lies and the media,” said Graham, president and CEO of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, in an interview on Wednesday (Oct. 2) with Religion News Service. “It could be a devastating thing. We’re in very dangerous territory. I would encourage all the politicians to look very carefully at where we are and first of all make sure that truth is told.”

Sadly, I believe that Graham is 100 percent correct.

Of course if Trump is impeached but then he is not convicted by the Senate, we could see a similar explosion of anger on the left.

I don’t know if Democrats have thought this through completely, because it appears that this could end very badly no matter which way this impeachment process is resolved.

At this point, virtually every major news outlet is accusing Trump of committing an “impeachable offense” by soliciting “political assistance” from a foreign government.  In fact, this is being said so frequently that very few people are even questioning it any longer.

But let’s look at what the law actually says.  The following is the relevant portion of federal law that prohibits “contributions and donations by foreign nationals”…

§30121. Contributions and donations by foreign nationals

(a) Prohibition

It shall be unlawful for-

(1) a foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make-

(A) a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;

(B) a contribution or donation to a committee of a political party; or

(C) an expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement for an electioneering communication (within the meaning of section 30104(f)(3) of this title); or

(2) a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.

(b) “Foreign national” defined

As used in this section, the term “foreign national” means-

(1) a foreign principal, as such term is defined by section 611(b) of title 22, except that the term “foreign national” shall not include any individual who is a citizen of the United States; or

(2) an individual who is not a citizen of the United States or a national of the United States (as defined in section 1101(a)(22) of title 8) and who is not lawfully admitted for permanent residence, as defined by section 1101(a)(20) of title 8.

(Pub. L. 92–225, title III, §319, formerly §324, as added Pub. L. 94–283, title I, §112(2), May 11, 1976, 90 Stat. 493 ; renumbered §319, Pub. L. 96–187, title I, §105(5), Jan. 8, 1980, 93 Stat. 1354 ; amended Pub. L. 107–155, title III, §§303, 317, Mar. 27, 2002, 116 Stat. 96 , 109.)

So essentially what the mainstream media is claiming is that if Ukraine decided to investigate Joe Biden’s corruption that it would be a “campaign contribution” to the Trump campaign, and that Trump would be guilty of an “impeachable offense” by soliciting such a “campaign contribution”.

Such a wild interpretation of this law would make it illegal for any future president to ask any other country to do anything if it would possibly benefit them politically in the future in any way, shape or form.

And pretty much anything that a president does is going to have a political impact.  For example, if President Trump agreed to a trade deal with China tomorrow, that would greatly enhance his chances of winning in 2020.

Should such a trade deal be considered a “campaign contribution” by the Chinese?

On Thursday, President Trump addressed reporters on the White House lawn, and during that exchange he suggested that Ukraine and China should both be looking into the corruption of the Bidens.  Many in the mainstream media immediately began accusing Trump of committing “two impeachable offenses”, and MSNBC’s Chuck Todd actually decided to tell his audience that the “basic rules of our democracy are under attack from the president”…

“Let’s be frank, a national nightmare is upon us, The basic rules of our democracy are under attack from the president,” Todd warned. “We begin tonight with a series admission by the president that all but assures his impeachment in the House of Representatives. It’s a moment of truth for Republicans and they’ve been largely silent on what we have seen from the president. Today, he publicly called on two foreign governments to interfere in the election by investigating his chief 2020 political rival.”

That sounds really bad, right?

But this is what Trump actually said…

Start a major investigation into the Bidens. Likewise, China should start an investigation into the Bidens, because what happened to China is just about as bad as what happened with Ukraine. So I would say that President Zelensky, if it were me, I would recommend that they start an investigation into the Bidens because nobody has any doubt that they weren’t crooked. That was a crooked deal, a hundred percent. I’m sure that President Xi does not like being under that kind of scrutiny where billions of dollars is taken out of his country by a guy that just got kicked out of the Navy. He got kicked out of the Navy; all of the sudden he’s getting billions of dollars! You know what they call that? They call that a payoff.

As the top law enforcement official in the land, it is absolutely appropriate for Trump to crack down on corruption wherever it is found.  If the Ukrainians or the Chinese have information that can help bring the Bidens to justice, that is a good thing for our society.

But at this point, even Fox News is promoting the idea that Trump should be impeached.  For example, just check out what Shepard Smith just said…

Smith said, “The president asked Ukraine and China to investigate his political rival on television for all the world to hear. Fox News knows of no federal investigation of his rival for any violations of any American law. If it is determined that the president made that request to help his campaign for reelection, President Trump may have violated federal law. It is illegal to ask a foreign national or foreign country for any political assistance. To our knowledge, no president before President Trump in American history has publicly asked an adversary in to investigate a rival.”

And the left is not going to be satisfied with just taking down Trump.  During a recent broadcast, MSNBC’s Chris Matthews suggested that Vice-President Mike Pence should be impeached as well…

Matthews told Sen. Chris Coons (D-DE) that Pence “was working the same vein of opportunity the president himself was working” in urging Ukraine’s president to investigate 2020 Democratic presidential candidate and former Vice President Joe Biden. “The vice president now according to reporting seems to be engaged in the same thing Trump was engaged in which is basically shaking down a foreign leader to get dirt on a political candidate, the candidate you’re supporting, Joe Biden,” Matthews stated. “Shouldn’t he be the subject of an impeachment inquiry as well at this point?”

If Trump is removed from office, Mike Pence would become president and a new vice-president would be nominated.

But if Mike Pence was removed from office before the new vice-president could be confirmed by the Senate, then Nancy Pelosi would become president.

Hopefully such a scenario will never materialize, and it is really bizarre that we even are talking about such things.

The Democrats should have never gone down this road, but here we are, and what we are about to witness has the potential to completely tear this nation apart.

Get Prepared NowAbout the author: Michael Snyder is a nationally-syndicated writer, media personality and political activist. He is the author of four books including Get Prepared Now, The Beginning Of The End and Living A Life That Really Matters. His articles are originally published on The Economic Collapse Blog, End Of The American Dream and The Most Important News. From there, his articles are republished on dozens of other prominent websites. If you would like to republish his articles, please feel free to do so. The more people that see this information the better, and we need to wake more people up while there is still time.  Of course the most important thing that we can share with people is the gospel of Jesus Christ, and if you would like to learn more about how you can become a Christian I would encourage you to read this article.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 5:40:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Another huge hit to “whistleblower” credibility

Ambassador Volker’s testimony undercuts key charge: that on Jul 26 Volker tried to “help” Ukrainian President Zelenskyy “navigate” Trump’s “demands” about Biden on Jul 25 call

*Volker didn’t even know Biden was mentioned*

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1180184069168123904.html
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 5:54:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Impeachment proceedings require a house vote listing articles of impeachment (charges)

This allows both parties, and president’s councils, to call and depose witness and view evidence.

Then the house hears the arguments, based on charges, and votes to impeach.

If vote to impeach occurs then Senate has a trial with Justice Roberts as Judge. Both sides present arguments and call witness. Senate then votes and if 2/3rds majority vote to impeach then president is removed.

Until they house votes for formal impeachment, Shift has nothing lore than a one sided soap box and the media to cover his lies

They can only right letters and ask for shit.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 6:14:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Impeachment proceedings require a house vote listing articles of impeachment (charges)

This allows both parties, and president’s councils, to call and depose witness and view evidence.

If vote to impeach occurs then Senate has a trial with Justice Roberts as Judge. Both sides present arguments and call witness. Senate then votes and if 2/3rds majority vote to impeach then president is removed.

Until they house votes for formal impeachment, Shift has nothing lore than a one sided soap box and the media to cover his lies

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand that.

How does it relate to this tweet

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 6:27:02 PM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This allows both parties, and president's councils, to call and depose witness and view evidence.

I understand that.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/332415/FDD63464-B3A8-4C71-A4F2-2557125E55B5_jpeg-1112457_jpeg-1112557.JPG
Hi, sorry I was unclear. Sniff is 'investigating' potus via bogus proceedings. Sniff and staff help write the whistleblower dossier. Sniff uses whistleblower to bolster his impeachment non-proceedings. It's the same 8nformation laundering that Brenan did...
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 6:29:30 PM EDT
[#26]
YO!! Feelz the burn?
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 6:38:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Doesn’t a heart attack require a lot of rest, therapy and recuperation? What’s typical?
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 6:40:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Heart attacks can be deadly.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Doesn't a heart attack require a lot of rest, therapy and recuperation? What's typical?
View Quote
Quoted:
Heart attacks can be deadly.
View Quote
Interesting though, he reported to a clinic (probably obamacare approved) and miraculously healed of heart attack. Everyone will want this class of service. Bernie could have had a large bald man next to him at every turn to take care of him like HRC did. But no. Bern goes to the clinique.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 6:52:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/440865/FDD63464-B3A8-4C71-A4F2-2557125E55B5_jpeg-1112457.JPG
View Quote
Yea pretty much. Pelosi doesnt want to bring a vote because the senate wont convict. So Trump would have been impeached, still in office, and pissed a whole lot of people off in the process. Plus, if she brings a vote in the house that sets things in motion. She wants to draw this out as long as possible to maximize damage. Since its not official, their “letters” to Pompeo and such are just that, letters. Designed to make it look like theyre being tough and accomplishing something but hold no real weight.

Bongino did a good job of explaining this exact thing today. He covers it in the first half of the show.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 6:59:56 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
Sorry, I misunderstood.

Steel Dossier Part II

They are trying to run the same play as Russian Collusion.

Except this time the sub impeachment in for please give me a FISA Warrant.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 7:05:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Now we know why the democrats were allowed to win the House. In power, they are exposing themselves. If the republicans were in power, they would not have the opportunity.

The country does not want impeachment. So let's impeach the President AND Vice President so Nancy can be POTUS. Now how does that power grab look?

Mittens and the Senate RINOs come out into the open, and all the cabal legislators are known. To everyone. Before the 2020 primaries.

I think the Trump republicans are going to take the House back this November.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 7:06:57 PM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand that.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/332415/FDD63464-B3A8-4C71-A4F2-2557125E55B5_jpeg-1112457_jpeg-1112557.JPG
I think it means the Investigators have to rely on witnesses whom are the investigators themselves.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 7:10:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Pretty funny.

Link Posted: 10/4/2019 7:15:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This allows both parties, and president's councils, to call and depose witness and view evidence.

View Quote
Damn. Roberts?

He's not one of us.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 7:20:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Doesn't a heart attack require a lot of rest, therapy and recuperation? What's typical?
View Quote
My wife had one, and was out for about two weeks. She had a stent put in. Hers was commonly known as the widow maker.

Her mother had one a year later, it was a different type of heart attack, she had three stents put in and was back home two days later. Part of her shorts stay was due to government Medicare limits.  But her mother is still with us.

This was all five and six years ago so medical technology could be improving since then?
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 7:35:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Watching a Biden presser. He looks upset. Just went off on a reporter yelling and pointing his finger aggressively.

Looked like he ended the presser abruptly because the questions were all about his son and Ukraine.

Link Posted: 10/4/2019 7:38:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I think it means the Investigators have to rely on witnesses whom are the investigators themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand that.

That's what was confusing me
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 7:39:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Trumps on a roll.

Link Posted: 10/4/2019 7:47:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Click on link for thread ^^

Click on link for document ^^
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 7:48:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Pretty funny.

View Quote
This is the opposition’s Civil War squad....

I don’t think I’ll even have to leave the comfort of my flip flops when the boogaloo comes if that’s what they’re bringing to play with ??
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 7:51:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I don’t think I’ll even have to leave the comfort of my flip flops when the boogaloo comes if that’s what they’re bringing to play with ??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty funny.

Yeah pretty ironic how they show up with ill intent and leave with their own blood on their hands.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 8:00:28 PM EDT
[#43]
https://apelbaum.wordpress.com/2019/09/29/how-to-finance-your-congressional-campaign-with-arms-sales/

How to Finance Your Congressional Campaign with Arms Sales
(lots of links and explanatory photos)

Running for Congress? Short on cash or donations? No need to worry. Now, you too can finance your entire campaign through Ukrainian arms dealers. Igor, for example, will even host the fundraising events in his $2+ million Washington DC brownstone (just one of several such houses he owns in the US). Igor will even provide the catering and valet parking free of charge.

And the best part is that you never have to worry about paying him back for any of these favors, because it’s all absolutely free, no strings attached. After all, everyone knows that Ukrainian arms dealers float the election campaign of congressional candidates like Adam Schiff, Nancy Pelosi, and Loretta Sanchez, because they are just so cuddly and lovable.

If you don’t buy any of this, then the following Adam Schiff, Nancy Pelosi, and Alexandra Chalupa linkage below agrees with you.

more at link.....
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 8:31:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Rep. Adam Schiff has big connections with Ukrainian-American oligarch arms merchant Igor Pasternak

https://libertyunyielding.com/2019/09/30/july-2019-ukraine-launched-probe-of-military-sale-by-fundraiser-for-adam-schiff/

July 2019: Ukraine launched probe of military sale by fundraiser for Adam Schiff

By J.E. Dyer ? September 30, 2019

On Sunday 29 September, a theme was going viral on social media that a Ukrainian-American arms merchant, Igor Pasternak, has held fundraising events for Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA).  Some other allegations about Pasternak – e.g., that he is closely tied to George Soros – don’t seem to have a paper trail that could be verified with online research.  But the report that Pasternak has done fundraising for Schiff is documented.

Although the widely-cited 2013 fundraiser was in Washington, D.C., Igor Pasternak’s company headquarters is in Montebello, California, on the east side of Los Angeles.  It’s near Schiff’s CA-28 congressional district, which lies to the north of it and encompasses major suburbs like Burbank and a chunk of Glendale.  Pasternak started the company in Ukraine in 1992, but immigrated to the U.S. in 1994 and established his California-based company, Aeros/Worldwide Aeros Corporation, shortly thereafter.

Aeros makes lighter-than-air (LTA) airships via its Aeroscraft arm.  That is its signature niche in the general aviation industry as well as its entrée to defense contracting.  Aeros has had contracts with the U.S. Defense Department to develop surveillance airships and cargo-delivery airships.  Pasternak, an engineer by training, has had a lifelong interest in what can be done with LTA vehicles.

The story about him as it stands right now is that he did little, if anything, in Ukraine in the 20 years between 1994 and 2014 (links below).  Then, when the Maidan Revolution erupted in Ukraine in late 2013 and early 2014, he went back to Ukraine and started cultivating ties with the defense industry there.  At that point, as is obvious from the document announcing the 2013 fundraiser, Pasternak was already giving aid and comfort to Adam Schiff.

In the Ukrainian political sorting after the invasion and partitioning of Crimea, one of the major developments in Kyiv has been reorganizing the government-directed defense industry conglomerate, known by its acronym Ukroboronprom.  Ukroboronprom coordinates the arms industry in Ukraine, in the same manner as similar entities in Russia, China, and a number of other countries.  Its centralized nature and arms portfolio mean it is always rife with corruption, but at the moment, the point is simply to introduce it to the reader.

In the course of establishing project-worthy contacts in Ukraine, Pasternak’s Aeroscraft had a couple of scores that, from the Aeros perspective, were big ones.  One is a joint project with an Ukroboronprom subsidiary industry group, Ukroboronservis, to produce a Ukrainian version of the M4 used by the U.S. armed forces (here and here).  That project is eye-catching because it involves producing rifles – not something Aeros has had a background in.

It’s a thing that makes you go, Hmm: inherently dubious, and on the face of it, one of the hallmarks of cronyism, like Hunter Biden being put on the board of an energy company when he has zero background in the field.

Perhaps it’s just a new tack for Aeros, into which Pasternak is putting zeal, energy, and investment dollars.  But it’s easy to imagine there were at least half a dozen other U.S. companies it would have made more sense to build NATO-ready rifles with.  (I’ve been unable to determine if Aeros simply subcontracted with one of them, and functioned chiefly as a go-between because of Pasternak’s Ukrainian background.)

The second project was right up Aeros’s alley, however.  It involved designing and installing an aerial surveillance infrastructure for a section of the Ukrainian border, in conjunction with another Ukroboronprom enterprise, SpetsTechnoExport.  Aeros had been working on such a project (link above) using aerostats, for the U.S. DOD.  The network installed in Ukraine ended up being mounted on towers in Mariupol, overlooking the Sea of Azov, rather than being deployed in an aerostat flotilla.  Petro Poroshenko, then president of Ukraine, was there for the inauguration ceremony of this border surveillance system in January 2017.

Fast-forward to July 2019, however, and the happy-face buzz about the border surveillance system wasn’t quite so happy anymore.  Some noteworthy developments occurred in the meantime, one of the most significant being a commitment by Ukraine to have corruption-ridden Ukroboronprom audited by an independent, outside firm; in particular, one of the global “Big Four” in which foreign investors would most readily put their trust (Deloitte, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), Ernst & Young (EY), KPMG).

On 2 July 2019, the Kyiv Post reported that in spite of the change of government with the 2019 elections (which brought Volodymyr Zelensky in to replace Poroshenko), and many months of preparatory work, both before and after the presidential election, the long-sought independent audit had not yet even started.

I ask you to remember that date: 2 July.  We’ll need it again for reference shortly.

Then, on 22 July 2019, Ukrainian media reported that the procurator for military investigations in the Ukrainian prosecutor-general’s office was probing the purchase by Ukraine of the Aeros border surveillance system.  Adam Schiff’s sometime fundraiser found one of his two big projects in Ukraine under investigation for corruption: specifically, it appears, for an allegation that the system itself was not necessary for the procurement purpose; for an allegation that it had functionality problems; and for an allegation that the transaction involved embezzlement (although the latter charge doesn’t seem to be directed at Aeros).

It seems doubtful that President Trump knew about this relatively obscure development when he had his 25 July phone call with President Zelensky.  But it’s a strong bet that a lot of Democrats in the U.S. knew (such as political activist Alexandra Chalupa and her Ukraine-embedded network, which was so active in seeking dirt on Trump during the 2016 campaign).  As the link above indicates, Igor Pasternak had already posted a statement about the investigation at the Aeros company website (the date of the statement is 24 July).

Without judging the merits of the case one way or another – not even possible from outside the circle of facts and evidence – we can nevertheless suppose that this is a sensitive matter for Americans heavily invested in links with Ukraine.  It would color how such persons saw any push from the president, especially a president from the opposing political party, for more robust investigations by Ukraine.  It would be a reason to dislike or even fear such investigations.

It could be a reason for the paranoid to assume the investigations were meant to damage their interests.  It would have been on the minds of at least some Democrats when the “whistleblower” complaint was forwarded to Adam Schiff in the 12 August 2019 letter.  And, of course, if some of them already knew the complaint was coming before that date, they had that information and the knowledge of the Aeros transaction probe in Ukraine.  Make of that what you choose.

Arms, precise details, corruption, and the calendar

As the full timeline on this emerges, it’s important to keep some things straight.  They’re being obfuscated with reporting that seesaws between slovenly and tendentious, and I want to take a moment here for a reset.

The place to start is with the allusion to Javelin antitank missiles made by Zelensky in the 25 July phone call.  And the key point – a reference point for organizing our thinking about the whole matter – is that the sale of Javelins is not military aid to Ukraine.

I don’t recall ever seeing quite so much of a to-do made over one battlefield system as has been made over Javelin missiles in the last week.  The Javelins have been discussed repeatedly as if they are (a) part of the military aid package for Ukraine, and (b) the key to Ukraine’s survival, a weapon system of such occult indispensability that it would be unconscionable for the president to discuss it at all as if it were an unsavory political matter between heads of government.

The silliness of the latter proposition – point (b) – ought to go without saying.  But it has been a long time since people’s ears were attuned to the real sound of bilateral state-to-state relations.  The media and the public have been conditioned to listen for the mode of a benevolent superpotent United States dispensing favors, rather than the age-old give and take between governments seeking mutual interests and bargains – by far the more prevalent mode in such matters since the onset of the Westphalian era.

The sound of those dynamics is not that of a mob extortion (as opposed to the sound of Joe Biden’s account of getting the Ukrainian prosecutor fired – wherever it may have taken place –  which is, precisely, that of a mob extortion).

But since the inauguration of the UN, in the long period of the Pax Americana after 1945, we have lost touch with the simple normality of the sound of friendly bargaining.   The U.S. doesn’t give things away without strings or reciprocity in state relations.  We don’t expect other nations to either.  The sound of bargaining has been heard every day since 1945, in our negotiations for hundreds of state-to-state agreements around the world, even if it hasn’t been heard by the average American.

In the same interim, however, Americans have been taught to believe that with UN-oriented internationalism, global relations shifted to a more elevated plane where the virtuous don’t bargain, but instead proclaim lofty principles and assume attitudes, as if pragmatic national interests simply tend themselves.

Presidents like Reagan, Nixon, and Truman were actually tough, interest-tending bargainers, with friends as well as foreign adversaries.  That’s why each of them put such a stamp on geopolitics and international relations.  Far from being unthinkable, it’s not even unusual for a chat between heads of government to have the penumbras of incentive and reciprocity hanging over it.

It’s point (a), however, that we can nail down with the simple persuasion of clean documentation.  There is a military aid package for Ukraine that includes lethal weaponry in it.  It’s the one with $250 million worth of weapons and supplies in each of 2019 and 2020, and I discussed it here last week.

But the Javelins aren’t military aid.  We aren’t giving them to Ukraine; Ukraine is buying them.  There is a foreign military sales (FMS) case for them, which was approved in March 2018, and which yielded an initial delivery in late April 2018.

In the July phone call, Zelensky (not Trump) brought up the Javelins.  He brought up equipment that we are selling to Ukraine.  Neither Zelensky nor Trump even mentioned the aid package.  (Zelensky might be said to have alluded to it obliquely when he spoke of “your great support in the area of defense” – although he immediately continued with the single specific point about buying Javelins.)

There’s a good reason why the Javelins in particular would have been on Trump’s mind, as well as Zelensky’s.  On 7 July, the new U.S. Chargé d’Affaires in Ukraine, William Taylor, told the media that Ukraine, under Zelensky’s leadership only since 20 May 2019, had just made its first major request for an arms purchase from the United States.  (Taylor was sent to assume the position of Chargé in June 2019, after the former ambassador, Marie Yovanovitch, appointed by Obama in 2016, was recalled in May 2019.)

The best-known item in that July arms request, as confirmed by reporting about a month later on 9 August 2019, was the tranche of additional Javelins Kyiv would like to buy, above and beyond the initial purchase agreed to in 2018.

For completeness, note that in July 2018, a Javelin production agreement was signed by DOD and the Raytheon-Lockheed Javelin partnership that would support future sales to foreign clients including Ukraine.  The issue has been an active one in the Trump administration.

Now we have every data point we need to understand why there were good reasons, unrelated to the Ukrainian investigations Trump mentioned in the phone call, why the Trump administration might put a hold on the delivery of FY2019 aid to Ukraine.

The two big ones are the information that Ukraine had failed to even begin the promised independent audit of Ukroboronprom (deploy your bookmarked 2 July reference date here), and that Ukraine, under a new president, had made a major arms purchase request, the first of its kind (and a significant issue for review because of the plan to make Ukraine interoperable with NATO forces).

The time-stamps on those developments – early July – certainly suggest an explanation for why the Trump administration put a hold on the military aid in early July, as we have now been told several times.  If Ukraine wanted to buy more arms from the U.S., that alone was a reason to sit down and look at both the aid package and the purchase request together.  Add in the policy factors of the NATO compatibility push and Ukraine’s unresolved corruption problem in the defense industry – and add in the “X” factor of the leadership change at the embassy, certifying all these matters with a fresh look – and there’s a stack of good reasons at work.

more at story link.....
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 8:38:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
that was my take
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The more I see stuff like this, the more I open up to the line of thinking that POTUS has operatives running ops of this nature.
that was my take
Or just mocking AOC and her supporters by being absurd.
It’s really good parody.   Because in all good comedy there should be a foundation of truth.  Because AOC is absurd.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 9:04:07 PM EDT
[#46]

Stir us from our
Wanton slumber
Mitigate our ruin
Call us all to arms and order
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 9:19:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Rep. Adam Schiff has big connections with Ukrainian-American oligarch arms merchant Igor Pasternak

https://libertyunyielding.com/2019/09/30/july-2019-ukraine-launched-probe-of-military-sale-by-fundraiser-for-adam-schiff/

July 2019: Ukraine launched probe of military sale by fundraiser for Adam Schiff

By J.E. Dyer ? September 30, 2019

On Sunday 29 September, a theme was going viral on social media that a Ukrainian-American arms merchant, Igor Pasternak, has held fundraising events for Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA).  Some other allegations about Pasternak – e.g., that he is closely tied to George Soros – don’t seem to have a paper trail that could be verified with online research.  But the report that Pasternak has done fundraising for Schiff is documented.

Although the widely-cited 2013 fundraiser was in Washington, D.C., Igor Pasternak’s company headquarters is in Montebello, California, on the east side of Los Angeles.  It’s near Schiff’s CA-28 congressional district, which lies to the north of it and encompasses major suburbs like Burbank and a chunk of Glendale.  Pasternak started the company in Ukraine in 1992, but immigrated to the U.S. in 1994 and established his California-based company, Aeros/Worldwide Aeros Corporation, shortly thereafter.

Aeros makes lighter-than-air (LTA) airships via its Aeroscraft arm.  That is its signature niche in the general aviation industry as well as its entrée to defense contracting.  Aeros has had contracts with the U.S. Defense Department to develop surveillance airships and cargo-delivery airships.  Pasternak, an engineer by training, has had a lifelong interest in what can be done with LTA vehicles.

The story about him as it stands right now is that he did little, if anything, in Ukraine in the 20 years between 1994 and 2014 (links below).  Then, when the Maidan Revolution erupted in Ukraine in late 2013 and early 2014, he went back to Ukraine and started cultivating ties with the defense industry there.  At that point, as is obvious from the document announcing the 2013 fundraiser, Pasternak was already giving aid and comfort to Adam Schiff.

In the Ukrainian political sorting after the invasion and partitioning of Crimea, one of the major developments in Kyiv has been reorganizing the government-directed defense industry conglomerate, known by its acronym Ukroboronprom.  Ukroboronprom coordinates the arms industry in Ukraine, in the same manner as similar entities in Russia, China, and a number of other countries.  Its centralized nature and arms portfolio mean it is always rife with corruption, but at the moment, the point is simply to introduce it to the reader.

In the course of establishing project-worthy contacts in Ukraine, Pasternak’s Aeroscraft had a couple of scores that, from the Aeros perspective, were big ones.  One is a joint project with an Ukroboronprom subsidiary industry group, Ukroboronservis, to produce a Ukrainian version of the M4 used by the U.S. armed forces (here and here).  That project is eye-catching because it involves producing rifles – not something Aeros has had a background in.

It’s a thing that makes you go, Hmm: inherently dubious, and on the face of it, one of the hallmarks of cronyism, like Hunter Biden being put on the board of an energy company when he has zero background in the field.

Perhaps it’s just a new tack for Aeros, into which Pasternak is putting zeal, energy, and investment dollars.  But it’s easy to imagine there were at least half a dozen other U.S. companies it would have made more sense to build NATO-ready rifles with.  (I’ve been unable to determine if Aeros simply subcontracted with one of them, and functioned chiefly as a go-between because of Pasternak’s Ukrainian background.)

The second project was right up Aeros’s alley, however.  It involved designing and installing an aerial surveillance infrastructure for a section of the Ukrainian border, in conjunction with another Ukroboronprom enterprise, SpetsTechnoExport.  Aeros had been working on such a project (link above) using aerostats, for the U.S. DOD.  The network installed in Ukraine ended up being mounted on towers in Mariupol, overlooking the Sea of Azov, rather than being deployed in an aerostat flotilla.  Petro Poroshenko, then president of Ukraine, was there for the inauguration ceremony of this border surveillance system in January 2017.

Fast-forward to July 2019, however, and the happy-face buzz about the border surveillance system wasn’t quite so happy anymore.  Some noteworthy developments occurred in the meantime, one of the most significant being a commitment by Ukraine to have corruption-ridden Ukroboronprom audited by an independent, outside firm; in particular, one of the global “Big Four” in which foreign investors would most readily put their trust (Deloitte, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), Ernst & Young (EY), KPMG).

On 2 July 2019, the Kyiv Post reported that in spite of the change of government with the 2019 elections (which brought Volodymyr Zelensky in to replace Poroshenko), and many months of preparatory work, both before and after the presidential election, the long-sought independent audit had not yet even started.

I ask you to remember that date: 2 July.  We’ll need it again for reference shortly.

Then, on 22 July 2019, Ukrainian media reported that the procurator for military investigations in the Ukrainian prosecutor-general’s office was probing the purchase by Ukraine of the Aeros border surveillance system.  Adam Schiff’s sometime fundraiser found one of his two big projects in Ukraine under investigation for corruption: specifically, it appears, for an allegation that the system itself was not necessary for the procurement purpose; for an allegation that it had functionality problems; and for an allegation that the transaction involved embezzlement (although the latter charge doesn’t seem to be directed at Aeros).

It seems doubtful that President Trump knew about this relatively obscure development when he had his 25 July phone call with President Zelensky.  But it’s a strong bet that a lot of Democrats in the U.S. knew (such as political activist Alexandra Chalupa and her Ukraine-embedded network, which was so active in seeking dirt on Trump during the 2016 campaign).  As the link above indicates, Igor Pasternak had already posted a statement about the investigation at the Aeros company website (the date of the statement is 24 July).

Without judging the merits of the case one way or another – not even possible from outside the circle of facts and evidence – we can nevertheless suppose that this is a sensitive matter for Americans heavily invested in links with Ukraine.  It would color how such persons saw any push from the president, especially a president from the opposing political party, for more robust investigations by Ukraine.  It would be a reason to dislike or even fear such investigations.

It could be a reason for the paranoid to assume the investigations were meant to damage their interests.  It would have been on the minds of at least some Democrats when the “whistleblower” complaint was forwarded to Adam Schiff in the 12 August 2019 letter.  And, of course, if some of them already knew the complaint was coming before that date, they had that information and the knowledge of the Aeros transaction probe in Ukraine.  Make of that what you choose.

Arms, precise details, corruption, and the calendar

As the full timeline on this emerges, it’s important to keep some things straight.  They’re being obfuscated with reporting that seesaws between slovenly and tendentious, and I want to take a moment here for a reset.

The place to start is with the allusion to Javelin antitank missiles made by Zelensky in the 25 July phone call.  And the key point – a reference point for organizing our thinking about the whole matter – is that the sale of Javelins is not military aid to Ukraine.

I don’t recall ever seeing quite so much of a to-do made over one battlefield system as has been made over Javelin missiles in the last week.  The Javelins have been discussed repeatedly as if they are (a) part of the military aid package for Ukraine, and (b) the key to Ukraine’s survival, a weapon system of such occult indispensability that it would be unconscionable for the president to discuss it at all as if it were an unsavory political matter between heads of government.

The silliness of the latter proposition – point (b) – ought to go without saying.  But it has been a long time since people’s ears were attuned to the real sound of bilateral state-to-state relations.  The media and the public have been conditioned to listen for the mode of a benevolent superpotent United States dispensing favors, rather than the age-old give and take between governments seeking mutual interests and bargains – by far the more prevalent mode in such matters since the onset of the Westphalian era.

The sound of those dynamics is not that of a mob extortion (as opposed to the sound of Joe Biden’s account of getting the Ukrainian prosecutor fired – wherever it may have taken place –  which is, precisely, that of a mob extortion).

But since the inauguration of the UN, in the long period of the Pax Americana after 1945, we have lost touch with the simple normality of the sound of friendly bargaining.   The U.S. doesn’t give things away without strings or reciprocity in state relations.  We don’t expect other nations to either.  The sound of bargaining has been heard every day since 1945, in our negotiations for hundreds of state-to-state agreements around the world, even if it hasn’t been heard by the average American.

In the same interim, however, Americans have been taught to believe that with UN-oriented internationalism, global relations shifted to a more elevated plane where the virtuous don’t bargain, but instead proclaim lofty principles and assume attitudes, as if pragmatic national interests simply tend themselves.

Presidents like Reagan, Nixon, and Truman were actually tough, interest-tending bargainers, with friends as well as foreign adversaries.  That’s why each of them put such a stamp on geopolitics and international relations.  Far from being unthinkable, it’s not even unusual for a chat between heads of government to have the penumbras of incentive and reciprocity hanging over it.

It’s point (a), however, that we can nail down with the simple persuasion of clean documentation.  There is a military aid package for Ukraine that includes lethal weaponry in it.  It’s the one with $250 million worth of weapons and supplies in each of 2019 and 2020, and I discussed it here last week.

But the Javelins aren’t military aid.  We aren’t giving them to Ukraine; Ukraine is buying them.  There is a foreign military sales (FMS) case for them, which was approved in March 2018, and which yielded an initial delivery in late April 2018.

In the July phone call, Zelensky (not Trump) brought up the Javelins.  He brought up equipment that we are selling to Ukraine.  Neither Zelensky nor Trump even mentioned the aid package.  (Zelensky might be said to have alluded to it obliquely when he spoke of “your great support in the area of defense” – although he immediately continued with the single specific point about buying Javelins.)

There’s a good reason why the Javelins in particular would have been on Trump’s mind, as well as Zelensky’s.  On 7 July, the new U.S. Chargé d’Affaires in Ukraine, William Taylor, told the media that Ukraine, under Zelensky’s leadership only since 20 May 2019, had just made its first major request for an arms purchase from the United States.  (Taylor was sent to assume the position of Chargé in June 2019, after the former ambassador, Marie Yovanovitch, appointed by Obama in 2016, was recalled in May 2019.)

The best-known item in that July arms request, as confirmed by reporting about a month later on 9 August 2019, was the tranche of additional Javelins Kyiv would like to buy, above and beyond the initial purchase agreed to in 2018.

For completeness, note that in July 2018, a Javelin production agreement was signed by DOD and the Raytheon-Lockheed Javelin partnership that would support future sales to foreign clients including Ukraine.  The issue has been an active one in the Trump administration.

Now we have every data point we need to understand why there were good reasons, unrelated to the Ukrainian investigations Trump mentioned in the phone call, why the Trump administration might put a hold on the delivery of FY2019 aid to Ukraine.

The two big ones are the information that Ukraine had failed to even begin the promised independent audit of Ukroboronprom (deploy your bookmarked 2 July reference date here), and that Ukraine, under a new president, had made a major arms purchase request, the first of its kind (and a significant issue for review because of the plan to make Ukraine interoperable with NATO forces).

The time-stamps on those developments – early July – certainly suggest an explanation for why the Trump administration put a hold on the military aid in early July, as we have now been told several times.  If Ukraine wanted to buy more arms from the U.S., that alone was a reason to sit down and look at both the aid package and the purchase request together.  Add in the policy factors of the NATO compatibility push and Ukraine’s unresolved corruption problem in the defense industry – and add in the “X” factor of the leadership change at the embassy, certifying all these matters with a fresh look – and there’s a stack of good reasons at work.

more at story link.....
View Quote
The puzzle pieces are coming together nicely and these idiots aligned them on their own by opening the box!
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 9:39:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
YO!! Feelz the burn?
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/440865/7A81FFAE-A17E-40FF-B233-0B123DF0EED0_jpeg-1112578.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/440865/BED7D521-3331-45B4-AE55-43F86D968996_png-1112581.JPG
View Quote
He would have been under much better care in Cuba or some other commie shithole.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Trump can't get out of their way fast enough.

Attachment Attached File

https://t.co/EkxmsaLiTZ
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 9:56:50 PM EDT
[#50]
This is pretty tasty. Some of Matthew Whitaker's precious work:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Page / 783
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top