[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thinking about going tomorrow afternoon. 3D Imax
View Quote

Lucky!! we don't have one here.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 12:53:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I have no interest in the Jurassic films at all...

But this new one has me wanting to see it.  I'll be watching it in the theaters, but not during opening weekend.  Perhaps as early as the end of June.  I don't want to be in a crowded theater.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 1:10:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I loved it. I def hope there is a movement for Team Blue!

Chris Pratt did a great job I thought and I loved how there was a good amount of material from the original JP movie in this one....

My suggestions if you go to the movie, watch it real close. You will see a lot of small things from the original JP, some obvious and some that only die hard fans would see

In order of being the best in the series (To me that is)- JP was the first movie I saw in Theatre when I was a kid and being an original I make it #1

1. JP
2. JW,
3. LW JP
4. JP3

I honestly wanted to cheer when they brought the rex in, the child in me was out of control!
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 1:13:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Does it have a good story that is interesting or is it a mindless explosion-fest Michael Bay-esque CGI laden shaky cam palooza?

Going to see it on Saturday
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 1:18:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Thought the movie was very meh. Lots of cheesy parts and acting. Some weird scene thrown in absolutely out of nowhere about the kid's parents getting a divorce. And of course the military is bad.

Although Aunt Clair sure did get hotter and hotter throughout the movie.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 1:37:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

People have some funny ideas about Dinosaurs, that they only lived millions of years ago etc... Go to the jungles of africa and there are still some dinosaurs alive today.. One missionary in our church knows someone who saw a Triceratops in the Central African Republic. Creating mythology about dinosaurs is one way the devil tries to make evolution convincing.
View Quote
Troubleshooters troll account?

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 1:51:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Our oldest is 4 and a half.....is the movie appropriate for his age group?  He loves Dinos!!!
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 1:51:50 PM EDT
[#8]
It was awesome, that dude in the helichopper

Ending was great

I'll be buying a copy when it comes out
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 1:56:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
People have some funny ideas about Dinosaurs, that they only lived millions of years ago etc... Go to the jungles of africa and there are still some dinosaurs alive today.. One missionary in our church knows someone who saw a Triceratops in the Central African Republic. Creating mythology about dinosaurs is one way the devil tries to make evolution convincing.
View Quote

Lol wat?
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 1:58:57 PM EDT
[#10]
JP was good. The only thing that J3 had going for it was Sam Neill. They should have at least had a cameo of him in JW.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 2:02:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's only got a 70% critics rating on Rotten Tomatoes right now, but the audience rating is 87%. That usually happens with the summer action blockbusters. This will be a rental for me in any case but good to hear good reviews.

View Quote

Shit man ratings that high on RT usually means I'm gonna love the movie lol
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 2:05:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
JP was good. The only thing that J3 had going for it was Sam Neill. They should have at least had a cameo of him in JW.
View Quote

I thought JP3 was ok, the ending was definitely deus ex machina, certainly better than LW.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 2:05:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Ill go see it. Probably wait for a week or so though, to let the crowds die down
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 2:35:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

How dare you compare Star Wars to Jurassic Park.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I enjoyed it, although it was pretty cheesy and predictable.

I thought the "pet" raptors were going to be dumb but I think they made it work.

When the movie finished and we were walking out, some kids (maybe 16 or 17 years old at most) starting complaining on how the movie sucked and ruined the memories of their childhood...

Really? You were like 2 years old when Jurassic Park 3 came out. Your "childhood" my ass. I felt like they were just repeating stupid hipster shit they heard on the Internet.

I was 2 years old when star wars came out. that didn't keep george lucas from molesting my inner child with episode 1-3.

How dare you compare Star Wars to Jurassic Park.

reading fail.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 2:36:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Our oldest is 4 and a half.....is the movie appropriate for his age group?  He loves Dinos!!!
View Quote

Might be a bit much for a 4 year old. It's not as suspenseful as the first like with the raptors in the kitchen but it does have a good amount of cursing and aoma gore/violence.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 2:37:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Ill go see it. Probably wait for a week or so though, to let the crowds die down
View Quote

Do it. It's very much worth it. Don't blame you about the crowd, it was a full house last night.
I just couldn't wait
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 3:04:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look up the Jba Fofi - a 5 foot spider that exists in the Congo... Africa is bigger than you think, consider before you discount the existence of things... Dr Hovind has said after most of his speeches someone from the audience has come forward having seen something for instance giant " dinosaurs" can be seen in the water from high bridges occasionally. Why do ancient cultures have carvings of dinosaurs? Why do so many cultures agree with what Dragons look like? Was God a liar when he described dinosaurs as currently living creatures in the book of Job? Last mission trip I went on, I even saw something that might be explained that way
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 3:15:32 PM EDT
[#18]
My friend went to see last night & he said it was awesome. Definitely going to check it out.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 3:22:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 3:30:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Look up the Jba Fofi - a 5 foot spider that exists in the Congo... Africa is bigger than you think, consider before you discount the existence of things... Dr Hovind has said after most of his speeches someone from the audience has come forward having seen something for instance giant " dinosaurs" can be seen in the water from high bridges occasionally. Why do ancient cultures have carvings of dinosaurs? Why do so many cultures agree with what Dragons look like? Was God a liar when he described dinosaurs as currently living creatures in the book of Job? Last mission trip I went on, I even saw something that might be explained that way
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 3:35:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Emela-ntouka.

He's trolling, but there are old stories of dinosaur like creatures in Central and West Central Africa. They're obviously most likely total bullshit, but still fun.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 3:36:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you make macaroni art during your last mission trip? Did the priest check your biscuits?
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 3:38:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Did you make macaroni art during your last mission trip? Did the priest check your biscuits?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you ever left the continental US let alone taken the word of God + medicine and salt and tools to a remote village?
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 4:06:19 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Have you ever left the continental US let alone taken the word of God + medicine and salt and tools to a remote village?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why would I give them technology to forge weapons and salt to destroy their neighbors crop land?

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 4:44:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Excellent.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 4:49:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Who's the new park's insurance carrier?  And what the fuck were they thinking?!
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 4:52:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep and I totally saw a teradactyl
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 4:57:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1

Preach it brother! Some people here are just anti-theists bent on corrupting innocent Christians.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know the merits of what the guy said about seeing a triceratops, however, "living fossils" are things that are supposed to be extinct and are found to be living.  So, it's not in the least bit ridiculous, it's literally happened, multiple times.  The issues for the evolutionist are: how did it continue surviving millions/tens of millions/hundreds of millions of years without leaving a slew of fossils, and, how did natural selection and genetic mutation not morphologically change it over that massive time period?  You've got things supposedly making massive transformations while other things remained in "stasis".  The general theory of evolution is quite a convoluted thing.  
This is a great read on how evolutionists contort things to make it all "work" - http://www.amazon.com/Biotic-Message-Evolution-Versus-Theory/dp/0963799908/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434142459&sr=8-1&keywords=biotic+message
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 5:00:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Is it ok for my 10yo son. I said I would take hime next week.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 5:01:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Seen it last night. They made it a lot less serious than the others.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 5:08:20 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote

Huh?

A Triceratops is alitlle bit bigger than an Elephant. How the hell could something that large hide for thousands of years? Not to mention, that such an animal would have a large population, just to not go extinct. It's not like they could only ever have a pair that could keep the species going. They'd need hundreds of thousands to be alive to keep a self sustaining population.

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 5:13:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Huh?

A Triceratops is alitlle bit bigger than an Elephant. How the hell could something that large hide for thousands of years? Not to mention, that such an animal would have a large population, just to not go extinct. It's not like they could only ever have a pair that them to keep the species going. They'd need hundreds of thousands to be alive to keep a self sustaining population.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh?

A Triceratops is alitlle bit bigger than an Elephant. How the hell could something that large hide for thousands of years? Not to mention, that such an animal would have a large population, just to not go extinct. It's not like they could only ever have a pair that them to keep the species going. They'd need hundreds of thousands to be alive to keep a self sustaining population.

Wonder how many "young earthers" this joke duped.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukelewis/no-internet-steven-spielberg-does-not-hunt-dinosaurs#.qnV0OXabA

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 6:01:38 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh?

Wonder how many "young earthers" this joke duped.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukelewis/no-internet-steven-spielberg-does-not-hunt-dinosaurs#.qnV0OXabA

http://cdn.hitfix.com/photos/5642752/Jurassic-Park-Triceratops_article_story_large.jpg

The only people duped by that were liberal dullards.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 6:08:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I enjoyed it, although it was pretty cheesy and predictable.

I thought the "pet" raptors were going to be dumb but I think they made it work.

When the movie finished and we were walking out, some kids (maybe 16 or 17 years old at most) starting complaining on how the movie sucked and ruined the memories of their childhood...

Really? You were like 2 years old when Jurassic Park 3 came out. Your "childhood" my ass. I felt like they were just repeating stupid hipster shit they heard on the Internet.
View Quote

If they were 16 or 17, they weren't even born yet.  Jurassic Park came out in '93.  Twenty-two years ago.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 8:02:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Saw it, very similar plot  as the 1st, predictable.

Was "ok", but should of waited for it to go to dvd.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 8:28:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Liked it but I think they got a little too cute in some parts.

Click To View Spoiler

....but the Dino fights were awesome so who gives a shit

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 8:35:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I thought JP3 was ok, the ending was definitely deus ex machina, certainly better than LW.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hated the ending, not the way it ended but when it ended. Run, get eaten. Run, guy with big rifle tries to shoot a dino, get eaten, Ru-nope, movie over.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 8:35:14 PM EDT
[#40]
It was fun.

Once the T-Rex showed up the movie was great, didn't really matter what happened before or after...
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 8:40:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Just got back from the theater watched with the wife and 6.5 year old son. We all loved it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 8:47:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Ha, me too. Never saw Jurassic Park 3 either.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm still bitter about The Lost World.

I actually like 3 a lot. I think I like it better than 2.

Sam Neill just carries a movie a lot better than Jeff Goldblum.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 8:47:55 PM EDT
[#43]
This thread is fucked.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 8:49:06 PM EDT
[#44]

I love this place

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:01:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm still bitter about The Lost World.

Agreed
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:09:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is why everyone laughs at bible-thumpers.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:11:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mdk89 has been on a roll lately.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:12:29 PM EDT
[#48]
I can't see it until next weekend.  I can't wait.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:20:58 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote
I know right?! I mean people look at me all weird when I hitch my ride to the post at 7-Eleven, I'm all like "WTF, never seen a damn unicorn before?" People. Sheesh.

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:23:24 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or, it was the psychosis. I'm betting on that.

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top