Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 6:00:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Nearly turned out as good as I could've hoped for.

Great movie.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 6:08:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yep completely agree. The original one from 1992 was on TV last night. Has a totally different feel to it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saw it last night. Did not enjoy it. Way to much cgi. Nothing felt real about it. When people died, it didn't feel real. The raptors and trex didn't feel real. Think of when Newman(sienfeld) died in the first one, it just had a real feel to it. There were no parts of it that had you on the edge of your seat like in the first one when they are trapped in the jeeps hoping trex doesn't notice them or the raptor kitchen scene. Those were extremely suspenseful. This just tried to throw a bunch of action in your face with a shit ton of cgi. So disappointing. And the ending fight scene in this was just laughably stupid

Yep completely agree. The original one from 1992 was on TV last night. Has a totally different feel to it.

Yep.

Welcome to movies now.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 6:08:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Pretty good.

Will buy on bluray.

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 6:22:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I wont spoil it but OMG it was awesome!

2 words:

DINOSAUR FIGHTS!
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I saw it last night. There will be another one made. The give away is when the helicopter left with a certain scientist.
But the best part is when I saw myself sitting on the steps with my hat off right before the Pterodactyl attack.

If you only knew how many scenes were shot but not used.
View Quote

QUE?

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 9:03:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Saw it. Pretty damn good. Got an ACU (Asset Containment Unit) patch:

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag126/Half-Bear/2nd/45B16F75-3FDD-4B2C-9DCD-944F8132DE1A_zpsjbrsb15y.jpg
View Quote

Dude.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 9:39:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You missed Hilton.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
* I'm also tiring of not so subliminal product placement in every fucking movie I watch. Merc, Samsung, Coke, Beats, Starbucks, Triumph, etc. all had leading roles

You missed Hilton.

And Margaritaville.

Went to it this afternoon. I really liked it, all my complaints about it have already been addressed, but overall those didn't ruin the movie for me. Just things I would have done different.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:06:00 PM EDT
[#8]
how can people be dumb enough to pay to see the same movie 4 times?
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:18:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:20:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Can anyone explain why and how they  kept the 'raptors' in their muzzles?
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:33:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm about to go see it. 10:30 showing on a Sunday night aughta be pretty empty
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:50:41 PM EDT
[#12]
i thought it was average at best, acting sucked(seriously they couldnt pull a single big name for the film?), cheesy ass lines and scenarios. also first time watching a 3d movie, shit hurt my head and what little i did watch with the glasses looked terrible, the helicopter in the beginning looked like a remote control helicopter being filmed.

a big let down from what it could have been imo.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:55:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
i thought it was average at best, acting sucked(seriously they couldnt pull a single big name for the film?), cheesy ass lines and scenarios. also first time watching a 3d movie, shit hurt my head and what little i did watch with the glasses looked terrible, the helicopter in the beginning looked like a remote control helicopter being filmed.

View Quote

Starlord ain't big enough for you

I'm actually surprised Dr. Grant didn't have any cameo appearance
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 12:05:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Anyone NOT notice this?

Link Posted: 6/15/2015 2:39:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Saw it. Pretty damn good. Got an ACU (Asset Containment Unit) patch:

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag126/Half-Bear/2nd/45B16F75-3FDD-4B2C-9DCD-944F8132DE1A_zpsjbrsb15y.jpg
View Quote

I want! Where did you get this? IM inbound! ha
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 3:26:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
WTF, Dawn!!!  Use the spoiler tags!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Our oldest is 4 and a half.....is the movie appropriate for his age group?  He loves Dinos!!!

Maybe a little scary for a kid that young. Get it on DVD when it comes out, and fast forward through the parts of people getting eaten.
WTF, Dawn!!!  Use the spoiler tags!  

[old school] I'm really sorry![old school]

I'm pretty sure people have been consumed in each of the JP movies, so didn't think that was spoiler worthy.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 3:28:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

QUE?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I saw it last night. There will be another one made. The give away is when the helicopter left with a certain scientist.
But the best part is when I saw myself sitting on the steps with my hat off right before the Pterodactyl attack.

QUE?

IIRC he was the guy who posted a thread a few months back about being an extra. Posted some neat set photos.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 3:29:26 AM EDT
[#18]

That was my favorite part!

Probably not his first two...
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 7:58:00 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

How dumb can someone be to click on a thread and talk trash about a movie they haven't seen.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 8:03:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That was Jimmy Buffett, BTW.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 8:12:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Can anyone explain why and how they  kept the 'raptors' in their muzzles?
View Quote

Good training.  i have no idea, maybe its like a cow chute and there is something behind the wall holding them in place.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 8:26:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Was better than I expected
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 8:30:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Some aspects of the plot were really stupid.  

If you saw it I'm sure you know what I'm referring to.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 9:11:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Wife and I watched it in 3D yesterday, it was interesting. I also noticed the guy taking his ''refreshments'' during the big bird attack--- my kind of guy.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 9:19:39 AM EDT
[#25]

Yeah I chuckled when I saw that lol
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 9:20:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Saw it last night.

It was fun. Even had a little Marlin lever action pr0n in it!
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 9:23:27 AM EDT
[#27]
I took my 13-year old daughter to see it Friday night.  We were entertained but both felt it was meh overall.  Felt like just another typical big Hollywood movie with lots of CGI and predictable scenes and outcomes.  No matter how much sugar they put on top of characters hoping I'd like and care about them I couldn't help but wish they would get eaten.  Chris Pratt was the exception, his character was decent.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 9:24:54 AM EDT
[#28]
I would of thought the 4570 would of been more affective. But then again I've never shot 50 foot pissed off dionos
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 9:42:15 AM EDT
[#29]
#1.  T Rex and Blue the Raptor!!!  Intercontinental, Lumberjack, Tag Team Champions of the Universe OF ALL TIME!!!!
#2.  It's a good MOVIE.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 9:56:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Saw it in IMAX for the cool dinosaurs.   Meh.  At 52 I'm too old to appreciate movies just for cool CG dinosaurs. Would take my 2 hrs back.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 10:06:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I would of thought the 4570 would of been more affective. But then again I've never shot 50 foot pissed off dionos
View Quote

Well the dinosaurs can kill leaf eaters and people no problem.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 10:46:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Jurassic Park one......AWESOME!!!!

Jurassic Park 2.......MEH.

Jurassic Park 3.....MISERABLE, should have never been made.

Jurassic World.....haven't seen, but will stream in my home theater once it comes out but am expecting the above trend to continue.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 10:59:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
People have some funny ideas about Dinosaurs, that they only lived millions of years ago etc... Go to the jungles of africa and there are still some dinosaurs alive today.. One missionary in our church knows someone who saw a Triceratops in the Central African Republic. Creating mythology about dinosaurs is one way the devil tries to make evolution convincing.
View Quote

Cue "Not sure if serious" meme....

Link Posted: 6/15/2015 11:02:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I though Pratt was perfect for the role. I wasn't a fan of the park director chick and her uptight deal.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 11:09:29 AM EDT
[#35]
It had a few stupid things in it, but I was still amused.

Won't go watch it again or anything, but it was worth seeing IMO.

Link Posted: 6/15/2015 11:16:20 AM EDT
[#36]
The guy walking away with 2 Margaritas was me.

Starbucks product placement also.  Should do 1 Billion worldwide within 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Fixed it for you.

Quoted:
I would of thought the 4570 would of been more affective. Effective. But then again I've never shot 50 foot pissed off dionos
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/15/2015 12:38:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The guy walking away with 2 Margaritas was me.

View Quote

No shit?

I laughed my ass off at the guy fleeing drinks in hand.  Priorities.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 12:54:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 1:23:14 PM EDT
[#40]
The GF and I went to see it in IMAX 3-D yesterday afternoon and the theater was PACKED.

I had 2 kids in the seats to my left. Probably ages 7 and 9, and they were the best part of the movie experience for me.

The children were very well behaved, but their reactions to the film were priceless. They were so excited during some parts, I thought they were going to crawl under their seats. It was great to see it have such an effect of them.

Link Posted: 6/15/2015 2:15:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The children were very well behaved, but their reactions to the film were priceless. They were so excited during some parts, I thought they were going to crawl under their seats. It was great to see it have such an effect of them.

View Quote

Same here, my nine year old was a wreck. At some point he blurted out "JUST SHOOT IT" with extreme fear in his voice and the theater chuckled.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 2:19:02 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote
Ask Eon Productions. They managed to do it 24 times, and counting.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 2:19:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

And Margaritaville.
View Quote

They had to give Jimmy Buffet his cameo since he's buddies with the director
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 2:32:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yeah, the dinosaurs' behavior was a problem.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was really hoping that after the T-rex and Velociraptor teamed up to kill the Indominus, the T-Rex would start killing everything. Instead it looked at the Raptor, nodded, and walked away.

That was gay as AIDS. The T-rex has a brain the size of a walnut. It wouldn't be able to comprehend loyalty from another species. It would have killed the Velociraptor, the Hot Chick, Chris Pratt, and the two useless kids.

That part pretty much ruined the movie for me. All the bad dinosaurs from JP1 all the sudden become good guys. Gay.]

Yeah, the dinosaurs' behavior was a problem.  

Predators don't murder the shit out of each other for fun. They killed Indominus becuase she/he/it didn't know what the fuck it was doing. At least thats how I rationalize it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 2:33:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Same here, my nine year old was a wreck. At some point he blurted out "JUST SHOOT IT" with extreme fear in his voice and the theater chuckled.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lucky. I had two little kids around age 8 behind me and my girlfriend. One kept kicking my girlfriends chair so I turned around and gave him the wolf stare. And the whole time during the movie they were acting like hipsters criticizing everything and calling everyone idiots every 5 minutes
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 2:40:34 PM EDT
[#46]
There's no way I'd ever get past the repeat plot to purchase a ticket.  We already saw this movie, we don't need to see it again.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 2:45:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I enjoyed it, although it was pretty cheesy and predictable.

I thought the "pet" raptors were going to be dumb but I think they made it work.

When the movie finished and we were walking out, some kids (maybe 16 or 17 years old at most) starting complaining on how the movie sucked and ruined the memories of their childhood...

Really? You were like 2 years old when Jurassic Park 3 came out. Your "childhood" my ass. I felt like they were just repeating stupid hipster shit they heard on the Internet.
View Quote

JP was a big part of my kids childhood as well.   They currently are 14 and 11.   They also love Ghostbusters and all the Indiana Jones movies.          In the Age of Recorded Media, your concerns are irrelevant and silly.    A Movie makes a BIGGER impression, when you can watch it 20 times.  

ETA-   OK, we went to see it.  It definitely DOES NOT SUCK!         Over the top, but in a delightfully murderous way.      My kids were cracking up at some of the  ridiculous ultra violence.   Not sure how I feel about that, but it was hilarious, if you have a sick sense of humor.   I'm chuckling right now, just thinking about it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 2:46:52 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

There's no way I'd ever get past the repeat plot to purchase a ticket.  We already saw this movie, we don't need to see it again.
View Quote
Try having a kid who wants to see it really badly.  I'm going to IMAX tonight.

Link Posted: 6/16/2015 12:17:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Should have skipped this until blu ray.

Man.

The CGI was WORSE than I thought it would be. And I had low expectations.

Fuck that movie gets a 3.5/10
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 1:15:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

IIRC he was the guy who posted a thread a few months back about being an extra. Posted some neat set photos.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

QUE?

Linky?
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top