User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 11:05:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try having a kid who wants to see it really badly.  I'm going to IMAX tonight.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's no way I'd ever get past the repeat plot to purchase a ticket.  We already saw this movie, we don't need to see it again.
Try having a kid who wants to see it really badly.  I'm going to IMAX tonight.  

My kids still have us stop and rewind on JW commercials

They loved it (6 and 5). My youngest was so excited we had to keep our hand over his mouth. But as soon as the action started he was mesmerized

They've been watch the JP trilogy weekly for months. Along with documentaries for the last year or so.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 5:05:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Kids liked it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 6:57:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Just saw it for the 2nd time but this time in 3d iMax!

I couldn't even tell you the last time I ever watched the same movie twice in the theater!

3d was pretty good. I felt like telling people to get out of my way before realizing it was people on the screen... Lol
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 12:27:13 AM EDT
[#4]
For those that haven't seen it: Wait for Red Box.
Very lazy movie. Looks like Luca's style rubbed off on Spielberg.
Color looked off the entire movie and felt like a constant blue or gray filtered haze, not in an outdoor environment. CGI was as bad as it was during the trailer. A CGI helicopter landing? Really guys? You couldn't rent a helicopter to land on a pad? The one prop actually use, the brontosaurus, looked like it wasn't painted or finished. Animal behavior was weird - I know this is a movie about dinosaurs, I'm letting my sense of story telling go on a long leash, but when it goes over board from science fiction into magic animals, that's fantasy and disconnecting.
Product placement wasn't over the top like others reported. Lots of Mercedes and a few Beats plugs. Kind of funny how they poked fun of it during the movie.

I didn't understand all the crying. You're the important CEO running Jurassic World, but you're having your aid take care of the kids? CRY CRY CRY. Mom and Dad getting a divorce while on a tram ride - CRY. WTF?
Went in with low expectations and they were met.

The real winner was Margaritaville guy. 10/10 for his efforts.

Link Posted: 6/17/2015 12:30:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm watching Jurassic Park right now.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 12:36:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

For those that haven't seen it: Wait for Red Box.

Very lazy movie. Looks like Luca's style rubbed off on Spielberg.

Color looked off the entire movie and felt like a constant blue or gray filtered haze, not in an outdoor environment. CGI was as bad as it was during the trailer. A CGI helicopter landing? Really guys? You couldn't rent a helicopter to land on a pad? The one prop actually use, the brontosaurus, looked like it wasn't painted or finished. Animal behavior was weird - I know this is a movie about dinosaurs, I'm letting my sense of story telling go on a long leash, but when it goes over board from science fiction into magic animals, that's fantasy and disconnecting.

Product placement wasn't over the top like others reported. Lots of Mercedes and a few Beats plugs. Kind of funny how they poked fun of it during the movie.

I didn't understand all the crying. You're the important CEO running Jurassic World, but you're having your aid take care of the kids? CRY CRY CRY. Mom and Dad getting a divorce while on a tram ride - CRY. WTF?

Went in with low expectations and they were met.

https://41.media.tumblr.com/b2fa8826f22e3e19e2b8e037fcc64b66/tumblr_inline_npy9x2Sa5U1tpxb53_540.jpg

The real winner was Margaritaville guy. 10/10 for his efforts.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/6669d0677403a65d6a23ea9d601575de/tumblr_npw5u1WPYL1qggdn7o1_540.gif

View Quote
I had a lot of the same feelings as posted above.

However, the velociraptor and pterodactyl scenes were pretty well done.  The birds really felt like mass chaos.

The exception to the velociraptors was how they climb on top of t-rex's.  I'm pretty sure they aren't geckos.

That said, my 9 year old daughter absolutely loved it.

Saw it in IMAX 3D, which is probably the best way to see giant animals.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 12:39:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The guy walking away with 2 Margaritas was me.

Starbucks product placement also.  Should do 1 Billion worldwide within 2 weeks.
View Quote

Either you're full of shit, or you're Jimmy Buffet.  I wouldn't be shocked if Jimmy Buffet posted here, but....  
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 12:51:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Saw it in 3D! It's awesome, star lord and his raptors are the shiz.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 10:20:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm watching Jurassic Park right now.
View Quote

Watched it on Sunday night with my 5 year old.  She's seen it before, but she still really gets into it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 3:00:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Saw it yesterday, and I must admit it exceeded my expectations. I paid to be entertained, and I was.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 9:16:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I saw it today with the family, all of us enjoyed it despite its flaws.
Probably will buy the BluRay when it gets released.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 10:49:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Awesome movie. Wife, kids & I, loved it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 12:50:17 AM EDT
[#13]

That was Jimmy Buffett himself, but you probably already know that.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 12:59:59 AM EDT
[#14]
So to drag up an old thread...

Click To View Spoiler

Overall it was a good entertaining film. I liked it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Had to resurrect this thread. Jurassic World just hit iTunes and I grabbed it. After watching it again, I have to say I really enjoyed this flick a lot more the second time around.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 5:33:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Had to resurrect this thread. Jurassic World just hit iTunes and I grabbed it. After watching it again, I have to say I really enjoyed this flick a lot more the second time around.
View Quote

I'm debating whether or not to buy it for my Apple TV or get it on bluray when it shows up at Best Buy. I loved it and went to watch it again.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 5:51:23 PM EDT
[#17]
The bluray/dvd comes out on the 20th.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 11:40:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The bluray/dvd comes out on the 20th.
View Quote

Looks like I know what I'll be doing that night
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top