Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 3:21:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Muddy up their path so avoid it and are routed to a neighbor's property.
View Quote

This would work.
Just run a hose to the area near your sign.  
Attach a sprinkler to it.
Run that sprinkler alot.
You'll soon have a huge muddy area that nobody will want to cross.
And soon your pedestrians will find another shortcut that does not involve your yard.

Link Posted: 1/4/2017 3:23:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Nobody has ever been convicted of a crime they didn't get caught doing.....
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 3:35:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I would plant a paintball claymore waaaaay back in the woods, turn your ca,eras off when you do it or leave something that they can steal in an area covered by your cameras. When they steal it file a police report and provide video to them...profit.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 3:37:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Screw rosebushes, poison ivy, oak, and sumac are the answer you seek.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 3:41:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That whole FPNI thing is uncanny sometimes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A fence.

That whole FPNI thing is uncanny sometimes.
So does the second post, apparently. 

OP, find out where they live and go ask their parents to tell their kids to stay off your lawn. 

I had the same issue and that worked for me...plus the fact that I explained that they were trampling my expensive attempts to reseed my lawn and I didn't want to sue anybody for that expense. 
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 3:45:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A fence.
View Quote

Yup.

Don't want trespassing...put up fence.
I dropped the 4k $ just to do my immediate "yard"...
No more stray dogs..or passing through drunk method heads.....
Bear did fuck it up twice though.

Plus I got a very protective dog.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 4:01:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 4:59:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
OP, find out where they live and go ask their parents to tell their kids to stay off your lawn.
View Quote

If you do OP please video how that goes so we can all get a chuckle out of it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Post this on a sign prominently displayed near the shortcut.  

"REWARD.  Missing boa constrictor, approximately 10' long.  Last seen near the edge of the pond.  
Extremely aggressive, may be pregnant and defending her young!  
Do not try and catch, run away and call the number below to report where she was last seen.  
1-800-RUN-AWAY."  (I wouldn't leave a real phone number, some nut will likely call).  You should probably let your neighbors in on the joke, though.  

Or...

"REWARD for information leading to the arrest of person or persons responsible for theft and vandalism of vehicles in this neighborhood."  
Call the number below to report tips to the police."   1-800-UGO-AWAY."  

They'll either be scared of the big snake they can't see, or they'll be paranoid of the cops they can't see.  Either way, taking the shortcut will suddenly become much less appealing.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 7:14:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 1/6/2017 8:01:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Sprinkler to make trail muddy
Plant these to block trail:  http://gardeningsolutions.ifas.ufl.edu/plants/ornamentals/spanish-bayonet.html
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 8:08:54 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't think you can MUDDY up all that sand you have there.  

Fence, or rose bushes are the answer.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 8:30:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sprinkler to make trail muddy
Plant these to block trail:  http://gardeningsolutions.ifas.ufl.edu/plants/ornamentals/spanish-bayonet.html
View Quote

+1 for the Spanish Bayonet in Florida.  Plant some of that and nobody will be walking through and it looks good.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 8:50:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
A fence.
View Quote

... with electricity.  

Link Posted: 1/6/2017 9:00:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If that's your lake, or your half of the lake, and you are allowed to build a fence down to the water line in FL / in your community. Then I would seriously consider fencing right across the area pictured. Force them down by the water or into the brush. That will give you plenty of places for a tasteful assortment of off putting signs. "No trespassing / private property", "guard dog radio fenced" and "area under video and audio surveillance".

Save the alligator / snake signs for making that road behind the lake nice and creepy.
View Quote

If you do that I would wait until the pond is almost dry so that the fence reaches into an area that is normally covered by water. It's not like these tresspassers are savy enough to file a complaint with the city about your fence going 3' into the edge of the water.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 9:03:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Use landscaping to make your yard less desirable to use as a short cut and they will take the path of least resistance.
A combination of fences, plants, rocks, brick/rock walls, etc....
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 9:19:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The back of my yard is wooded and kids cut through my yard all the time.  I've put up No Trespassing signs...only to find them torn down the next day or so.

I sure wish I could hang fish hooks or rig some flashbangs
View Quote

Prodigious and strategic planting of poison Ivy all around and over the signs. Stinging nettles are fun also.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 9:42:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Florida huh?  You have options!

Amazon Product
  • Gator decoy floats freely across koi ponds and water gardens
  • Life-like motion with wind or water movement
  • Realistic, life-sized floating replica of an alligator head is perfect for any water area infested by birds geese, egrets, cormorants, heron and more

Link Posted: 1/6/2017 9:43:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Knock it off with the veiled 88 comments. Go be racist somewhere else.
View Quote

Stereotypes exist for a reason. Fuck your feelings.

Hey op, most black people I know are inherently scared of swimming and large dogs.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 9:51:46 AM EDT
[#20]
The only thing I want to know about the suspects is.... Who the fuck wears pants and a hoodie in Florida??
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 9:51:54 AM EDT
[#21]

That's an excellent idea.  2 or 3 in strategic, hidden locations.  Too bad there's no way to run it off a septic tank.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 10:05:27 AM EDT
[#22]
All of those gimmicks are only short-term 'solutions' that, at best, might give you temporary relief or satisfaction. In the end, they'll only add to the frustration that you feel because you'll look back on them as additional expense and aggravation.

I understand your hesitation in facing it, but your problem is clear to many of us - you're too close to a population that outnumbers you and that you can't control, and it will only get worse with time. What you need isn't signs, gimmicks or tricks. What you need is a realtor.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 10:08:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
they make motion detecting sprinklers...  people market them to scare off deer.  seems like this would deter some trespassers.
View Quote

+1
this is the answer to your problems.....
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 10:14:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Hmmm

Some one B/E your truck, then you get pics of trespassers.  

Call the cops, have them out there when they are cutting through your yard.

If they don't wanna do their job, do it for them.   The trail they use to enter your property is fair game at that point to prep it to make it hostile to their health.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 10:15:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You need a hippopotamus.
View Quote
Hell, a few cotton mouths and a gator or two should do it. A hippo would make too much a mess.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 10:24:56 AM EDT
[#26]
bank note dye packs

place in back or side yard, wait for theft of cash, tag and video felons. now its the taxpayers problem.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Sign fail
Many words of more than 2 syllables
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 10:41:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Situations like this make one want to own an ED-209 Enforcement Droid.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 10:54:26 AM EDT
[#29]
hunting trespasser gets paint bombed
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 4:19:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Sprinkler cam is up (top left),  it was pretty damn cold but I only fell in the bushes twice.

USPS is dropping off the sprinkler in the morning, now I sort of hope someone comes by.

Link Posted: 1/7/2017 5:34:12 PM EDT
[#31]
please tell me the tank is full of dye or bleach
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 7:16:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Maybe fertilize the path with fresh manure?
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 8:49:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Sprinkler cam is up (top left),  it was pretty damn cold but I only fell in the bushes twice.

USPS is dropping off the sprinkler in the morning, now I sort of hope someone comes by.
View Quote

This will be a lot of fun for us to watch. Unfortunately, it might not be so much fun for you by the time it's over. If they ever decide that you're doing it intentionally, they'll try to get even. It's hard to ever come out ahead in that game when you deal with adversaries that outnumber you and who have all the time in the world to devote to it.

While you're at work, or asleep so that you're prepared for work, people with all of their needs taken care of for them have nothing else to do but get even with you. It's a game for them with plenty of time to play and plenty of allies to help them play. It will be difficult for you to win at that game. Good luck, though.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 9:28:17 PM EDT
[#34]
hoodrats can't read.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 9:33:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What if they are illiterate or can't read English?
View Quote
You're thinking democrats too, huh?
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 10:29:00 PM EDT
[#36]
So I found out that  lot of neighbors have been bitching too. Apparently the hood rats go straight to the community basketball court. Civiled residents are tired of hearing n* this and f*  while hanging out at the park. We're looking at having it fenced in and secured with a swipe card like our pool. That or rip it up and turn it into a dog park.

That should take care of most of the problems, the other big problem are thieves going around trying car doors, but that seems to affect everyone in town.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 10:44:06 PM EDT
[#37]

Any idea what product was used?
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 10:51:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The back of my yard is wooded and kids cut through my yard all the time.  I've put up No Trespassing signs...only to find them torn down the next day or so.

I sure wish I could hang fish hooks or rig some flashbangs
View Quote

cover back of signs with anti-seize
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 2:56:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Man this thing is nice, hopefully it works as advertised.

Link Posted: 1/8/2017 3:23:21 PM EDT
[#40]
put a huge sign , watch out for snakes and Alligators.   maybe A audible motion sensor alarm when they get too close.  or toss some rubber snakes and a gator head in the water.

did you leave the truck unlocked?? and if so why???

I like that sprinkler, there was a video from New York people were using the bathroom in the alley so they set up a shower so it gets them soaking wet . was a funny video all the people ran but one guy was insistent on going right there and kept getting sprayed.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 3:24:11 PM EDT
[#41]

aww that is what I was thinking, nice sign.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 3:29:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Post this sign.

Attachment Attached File

Pipe in dualling banjos.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 3:41:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Can the sprinkler be set up to use water from the pond?  You know for water conservation reasons.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 6:22:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So I found out that  lot of neighbors have been bitching too. Apparently the hood rats go straight to the community basketball court. Civiled residents are tired of hearing n* this and f*  while hanging out at the park. We're looking at having it fenced in and secured with a swipe card like our pool. That or rip it up and turn it into a dog park.

That should take care of most of the problems, the other big problem are thieves going around trying car doors, but that seems to affect everyone in town.
View Quote

Dog park is a far better use for that land than a basketball court.  'Doze it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 6:51:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
put a huge sign , watch out for snakes and Alligators.   maybe A audible motion sensor alarm when they get too close.  or toss some rubber snakes and a gator head in the water.did you leave the truck unlocked?? and if so why???

I like that sprinkler, there was a video from New York people were using the bathroom in the alley so they set up a shower so it gets them soaking wet . was a funny video all the people ran but one guy was insistent on going right there and kept getting sprayed.
View Quote

Yes I left it unlocked one night. I had someone else try the handle a few months ago. I swore I would lock it every night since. The one time I forget they get my Samsung Level U, makes me wonder how often they're coming around. 
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 7:52:11 PM EDT
[#46]
I would think once or twice a day, probably once to go where they are coming from and once to go back. you will see on video soon enough. If you were to speak to them if you saw them , it would probably escalate as any time I tried to be considerate while having a issue turns into insults and threats.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 7:57:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Don't buy a house in such a highly populated area, or at least buy in an area that isn't so rich and vibrant.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 8:17:26 PM EDT
[#48]
How did they rummage through your locked up truck?

You do lock your vehicle right?

As for the trespassers? It's probably the same people on the same days consistently. Maybe just go out and holler at them wearing just your tightie-whities. That should frighten them off.

Cheers!
-JC
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 8:20:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 8:24:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Lots of obvious answers like a fence.
But for relatively easy and low budget...simply flood specific areas with a hose to make sections of the trail(s) muddy. Eventually they will stop shortcutting via the trails and cutting through your property, at least until you can properly fence.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top