Site Notices
Page / 22
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:23:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is Lt Col Allan West a swamp creature
View Quote
Nope, he only served one term.  He is a war criminal, so probably not qualified.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:24:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Wrong. Mattis is a fool for wanting to prolong the Deep State war in the Middle East.
View Quote
You look in to the past and see what defense secretaries have resigned over, and this is nothing. Mattis is being extremely petty.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:25:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Neocon is our because Trump starts pulling the plug on idiotic foreign wars the public is tired of?

For shame.
View Quote
Neocon is our what?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:25:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is this really "retiring" or "I can't deal with you any longer"?
View Quote
I'm leaning towards this.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:28:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just between Chief of staff, Communications director, Press secretary, National Security Adviser, FBI director, CIA director, Trump has tore through 18 senior level folks in 2 years. Obama went through 7 in 8 years and Bush 9 in 8 years.
View Quote
Simply not normal or a solid presidency. This is what everyone that didn't support Trump warned about... This administration is turning into a banana republic style of politics.

Adamant Trump supporters remind me of the South Park cop... Anything at all Obama did was utter garbage although anything bad about Trump this is them:

Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:28:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Neocon is our what?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Neocon is our because Trump starts pulling the plug on idiotic foreign wars the public is tired of?

For shame.
Neocon is our what?
Why are you shilling for that Democrat tard?  Did his quote about killing everyone give you a chub?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:28:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You look in to the past and see what defense secretaries have resigned over, and this is nothing. Mattis is being extremely petty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wrong. Mattis is a fool for wanting to prolong the Deep State war in the Middle East.
It’s not at all petty.

Trump gave the orders.  Mattis developed a strategy and came up with a plan to realize Trump’s desired end state.  Troops are deployed and we form alliances and partnerships to execute the strategy.

Then Trump undermines and dismantles essential elements of the strategy, without consulting with his commanders.

It egregious.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:28:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Resigning because Trump wants to finally pull out and save the US some coin.

Oh the humanity. Maybe now we can actually focus on America's #1 Geopolitical threat... Not the borders between Syria and Turkey, not the borders between Afghanistan and Iran.... the actual fucking invasion that is happening on our own soil.

We can shit out $45 billion annually in perpetuity for an unwinnable  conflict in Afghanistan, but we can't even pay for a fucking  wall to keep these communists out? Yeah, I'd say it's about time we get our priorities straight.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:29:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Simply not normal or a solid presidency. This is what everyone that didn't support Trump warned about... This administration is turning into a banana republic style of politics.

Adamant Trump supporters remind me of the South Park cop... Anything at all Obama did was utter garbage although anything bad about Trump this is them:

https://www.chronicle.com/blogs/linguafranca/files/2017/11/Nothing-to-See-15a34a2fc727c8.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just between Chief of staff, Communications director, Press secretary, National Security Adviser, FBI director, CIA director, Trump has tore through 18 senior level folks in 2 years. Obama went through 7 in 8 years and Bush 9 in 8 years.

https://www.chronicle.com/blogs/linguafranca/files/2017/11/Nothing-to-See-15a34a2fc727c8.jpg
Except the numbers aren't right.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:30:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Why are you shilling for that Democrat tard?  Did his quote about killing everyone give you a chub?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For shame.
Neocon is our what?
You sound very smart.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:30:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Nope, he only served one term.  He is a war criminal, so probably not qualified.
View Quote

War criminal, riiiight
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:30:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Sorry, all the weapons we gave to "moderate Muslim rebels" in Syria happened to end up in ISIS's hands. Pure coincidence.

Just a couple of the very many emails discussing kicking things off in Syria. But ISIS came out of nowhere.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/google-syria-rebels-defection-hillary-clinton-emails-wikileaks-a6946121.html

https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/18328
View Quote
People don't think covert military action be like it is, but it do.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:31:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Who are those people?
I feel sorry for someone as arrogant as you as well.
But until you can prove or show a WikiLeaks that has been wrong in any way shape or form you don't have an argument you're just bleating.
View Quote
It's that your claim is so vague and nonsensical that it doesn't even remotely make sense to me as a native speaker of the English language. You're acting like Assange has the 4pm slot on FoxNews or that Wikileaks does some kind of weekly geopolitical analysis newsletter. WTF are you talking about?

Care to explain and maybe point out WHAT you are claiming that Wikileaks has claimed? They post raw data -- they don't have a Nostradamus style book of predictions.

Someone is babbling here and it isn't me.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:32:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not normal?  That was kinda the point right?  People complained for decades about the status quo and the Beltway, guy comes in and gives you something many clamored for and you complain. As to the rest, when you give credence to a leftist narrative....we call that useful idiocy.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:32:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You sound very smart.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For shame.
Neocon is our what?
You sound very smart.  
I miss our back-forth before the election.....
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:33:38 PM EDT
[#16]
A great leader does not drive off the good people who work for him.

With every week that passes, I'm more and more convinced that Trump is a one-term president.  And I'm less and less convinced that his not having a second term will be a bad thing for the nation.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:34:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For shame.
Neocon is our what?
You sound very smart.  
Remember when picking Mattis was proof of Trump’s brilliance?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:34:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Hmmmm...It's always been my understanding that ISIS was started by an Iraqi Air Force Colonel and Baathist who was a logistical mastermind and saw opportunity in using the religious fervor among the foreign peasants who floated around looking for work. He had connections to AQI, did time with some AQI, but was never in AQI. Al Queda actually didn't want to be associated with ISIS and they spent a great deal of effort trying to eradicate each other in Syria.
View Quote
isis was AQI until they wouldn’t bend the knee to al qaeda leadership living & operating off the Afghan/Pakistan border area. Syria was later
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:34:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

War criminal, riiiight
View Quote
Yes, when you commit a crime, in a war zone, are asked to resign or face the man, you are a war criminal.  Go and read what he did, admitted to, and try to defend it.  If you had done that as an enlisted guy, instead of an officer (of a protected race, with political aspirations), you'd be in prison still.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:36:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Sorry but when someone insists we stay in Afgjanistan, Iraq, Syria, etc. While being completely cucked to defending our own border you can gtfo.

Every single one of these fuckers would love to be in every country the world over for decades if not centuries if they had their way.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:37:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is old but yes, numbers seem about right:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/trump-turnover-rate-firings-resignations-compared-obama-bush-clinton-2018-3
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:37:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

@outofbattery has implied that since Flynn was Turkish property, there may be other Turkish lackeys leading Trump down the primrose path. There may be something to this. It would explain why we bent over for Turkey on Koshogi and why we're selling the Kurds out to Turkey.

Are there any Trump Towers in Istanbul?
View Quote
I was being a smartass,not making any accusations.

I don’t know what Bolton is telling Trump or if he is just consulting his very good brain at this stage. Kelly and Mattis leaving is worrisome and is going to cause quite a bit of panic among allies. Their presence was a counterweight to “I could work very well with Putin” and trashing NATO. I don’t know,maybe 4D chess is a thing or maybe Barron Trump is the real President and he’s just having a bit of LARPing fun...at this point I’d say near anything is possible because not a whole bunch really makes sense.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:39:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Remember when picking Mattis was proof of Trump's brilliance?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For shame.
Neocon is our what?
You sound very smart.  
I do.

He  ended up being a step above Sessions.

Insert comment regarding Trumps appointees here.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:39:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
https://taskandpurpose.com/mattis-female-infantry-combat-2/

Basically, his position is that there are too few women in infantry to make a proper assessment. More are needed to see if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good. Mattis didn’t do shit to end the blatant SJW policies within the DoD.
This is what I was here to post.

I had high hopes for him, but what exactly has he done to improve the Obama military??? Trannies are still being pushed, women are still being pushed into jobs they're not qualified for (and for sure not the best qualified) and as far as I can tell the SJW crap is still as bad as during Obama.
How the hell was he supposed to roll that back? That doesn’t happen overnight
By not being a vocal advocate of these policies, for one.

edited for clarity
Cite sources please
https://taskandpurpose.com/mattis-female-infantry-combat-2/

Basically, his position is that there are too few women in infantry to make a proper assessment. More are needed to see if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

That’s not how I read it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:40:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Sorry, all the weapons we gave to "moderate Muslim rebels" in Syria happened to end up in ISIS's hands. Pure coincidence.

Just a couple of the very many emails discussing kicking things off in Syria. But ISIS came out of nowhere.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/google-syria-rebels-defection-hillary-clinton-emails-wikileaks-a6946121.html

https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/18328
View Quote
Neither of those links discuss ISIS or have anything to do with the formation of ISIS in any way.

What are you talking about "ISIS came out of nowhere?"

We've discussed this in this thread. ISIS existed long before the Syrian Civil War started.

You literally have no idea what you are talking about. Your timeline is off by several years at best. You may want to learn some shit before continuing to make absurd and easily disproved claims.

The precursors to ISIS existed back as far as 1999. The modern iteration of ISIS started around '08 -' 09 and Baghdadi firmly established his leadership and the idea of a caliphate by early 2010. The Syrian Civil War didn't start until at least a year later.

You're hilariously wrong.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:41:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Good. Mattis didn’t do shit to end the blatant SJW policies within the DoD.
View Quote
Exactly. Weak shit. He didn’t even even go to killin’ In far off lands.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I do.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For shame.
Neocon is our what?
You sound very smart.  
I do.

Do you think Trump would be a better SecDef than Mattis?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:42:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It’s not at all petty.

Trump gave the orders.  Mattis developed a strategy and came up with a plan to realize Trump’s desired end state.  Troops are deployed and we form alliances and partnerships to execute the strategy.

Then Trump undermines and dismantles essential elements of the strategy, without consulting with his commanders.

It egregious.
View Quote
ISIS is almost totally eliminated, Trump will take a victory lap while Mattis will be left babbling about some supposedly bigger reason that no one will ever articulate.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:42:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Trump should fire whoever hired all these Democrats, libtards, cucks,neocons, idiots and RINOs for his cabinet.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:43:34 PM EDT
[#30]
calling it now trump is out in 2020
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:44:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
ISIS is almost totally eliminated, Trump will take a victory lap while Mattis will be left babbling about some supposedly bigger reason that no one will ever articulate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s not at all petty.

It egregious.
You think that those 2,000 troops in Syria are all about ISIS?   That’s cute.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:44:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
calling it now trump is out in 2020
View Quote
Username checks out...
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For shame.
Neocon is our what?
You sound very smart.  
I do.

Lol fuck no.

I do agree on withdrawing troops though.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:46:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Trump should fire whoever hired all these Democrats, libtards, cucks,neocons, idiots and RINOs for his cabinet.
View Quote
Trump only hires the BEST.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:47:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yes, when you commit a crime, in a war zone, are asked to resign or face the man, you are a war criminal.  Go and read what he did, admitted to, and try to defend it.  If you had done that as an enlisted guy, instead of an officer (of a protected race, with political aspirations), you'd be in prison still.
View Quote
Using key words in a smarmy way is a staple of liberals.

Good job !

At least you can report back to share blue (is it even called shade blue anymore ?) that you were able to insult someone

And yes I know what he did , and have zero issues with it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:48:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think he was trying to figure out what the guy was trying to say.   I couldn't figure it out, either.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:48:12 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is old but yes, numbers seem about right:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/trump-turnover-rate-firings-resignations-compared-obama-bush-clinton-2018-3
I'm saying Obama only losing 7 people during 8 years is wrong. Do these add up to 7?

4 SECDEFs
3 press secretary
3 dciaa
2 odni
2 sec state
2 AG
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:51:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I thought the warrior monk was going to really push out all of the bull shit of the Obama administration but he hasn't done shit. I have been very disappointed with his performance as Sec Def.
View Quote
Well...he is a Democrat...
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:52:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What would have happened had we stayed out of WW1?

Think about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those of you who want to completely withdraw from the Middle East/Syria forget the lessons of WWI and II, where strict isolationist policies from the US allowed for some pretty fucked up dictators to come about.
What would have happened had we stayed out of WW1?

Think about it.
The world would have learned that we were open to Mexico retaking the sou’westers US? Or have you never heard of the Zimmerman telegram?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:53:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
So he's doing thing different than O and Bush?  That's a win.  MAGA!
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:53:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Half of ARFCOM sound like is from Code Pink.
View Quote
Fixed it :)
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:55:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
You think that those 2,000 troops in Syria are all about ISIS?   That's cute.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not at all petty.

Trump gave the orders.  Mattis developed a strategy and came up with a plan to realize Trump's desired end state.  Troops are deployed and we form alliances and partnerships to execute the strategy.

It egregious.
You think that those 2,000 troops in Syria are all about ISIS?   That's cute.
Didn't ISIS just execute 700 prisoners the other day?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:56:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
And there goes the only man in this administration that was decent.
View Quote
He's a fucking Democrat.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:56:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Now i really really really want a Mad Dog Mattis lower
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 10:00:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Remember when picking Mattis was proof of Trump’s brilliance?
View Quote
There are great starters and great closers and a good leader knows when to make the switch.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 10:04:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Resigning because Trump wants to finally pull out and save the US some coin.

Oh the humanity. Maybe now we can actually focus on America's #1 Geopolitical threat... Not the borders between Syria and Turkey, not the borders between Afghanistan and Iran.... the actual fucking invasion that is happening on our own soil.

https://i.imgur.com/1YkxyOj.png
https://i.imgur.com/fJVqNlF.png

https://media3.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2018_43/2621716/181028-migrant-caravan-al-0906_629b8917d31827524d5de50573bf0896.fit-760w.jpg

We can shit out $45 billion annually in perpetuity for an unwinnable  conflict in Afghanistan, but we can't even pay for a fucking  wall to keep these communists out? Yeah, I'd say it's about time we get our priorities straight.
View Quote
If 9/11 never happened and if we had no military at all. Question, where do you think we’d be on the border? I’m guessing if we had no national debt, no terrorist threats or military enemies and 9/11 never happened that we’d be in the same situation of Pelosi saying “it’s immoral” to build a wall and Congress dragging its feet on paying for a wall
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 10:04:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Good riddance.

Trump needs and deserves a conservative nationalist Defense Sec.

Mattis turned out to be a liberal globalist.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 10:06:05 PM EDT
[#48]
The Empire is crumbling!
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 10:09:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
? Bolton, Mattis and others flat out said Iran. You can disagree with that assessment but it was voiced, though many think it was a bad idea to voice it https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/bolton-us-forces-will-stay-in-syria-until-iran-and-its-proxies-depart/2018/09/24/be389eb8-c020-11e8-92f2-ac26fda68341_story.html?utm_term=.034689625506 Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 10:10:36 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm conflicted. I liked mattis, I also dont mind seeing Joes come home to their families with all of their arms and legs.

I think there are wars worth fighting, but we need to choose them carefully and get out as quickly as we can.  So leaving Syria doesn't bother me...it also doesn't mean we can go back if need be or just adjust our foot print as needed.

If ISIS wasn't the reason we were there...what geopolitical imperative was worth our effort?
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top