BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 22
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I didn't want to go into Syria either, but once we committed to clearing out ISIS and inserted some ground troops I wanted to finish the job.

I could've been supportive of Trump's plan here if there had actually been a plan with a gradual drawdown, milestones that must be met, and not doing so because Turkey of all places threatened us. It's just absurd to bend to Erdogan on something like this - - especially when we know he's going to go full genocide on the Kurds, and they've been a strategic partner for a very long time.

Why would any group ever trust the USA again? This entire situation makes us look feckless and weak. It reminds me of when Obama was in office.
View Quote
How do you gradually draw down only 2000 troops?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:58:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
http://i66.tinypic.com/2vsoh9x.jpg

For those keeping track.
View Quote
Do you have one to compare with other admins?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:58:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Trump only hires the best people. Why would he need to fire anybody, if they were already the best?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Trump only hires the best people. Why would he need to fire anybody, if they were already the best?
He is a total stable genius.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:58:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hmmmm...It's always been my understanding that ISIS was started by an Iraqi Air Force Colonel and Baathist who was a logistical mastermind and saw opportunity in using the religious fervor among the foreign peasants who floated around looking for work. He had connections to AQI, did time with some AQI, but was never in AQI. Al Queda actually didn't want to be associated with ISIS and they spent a great deal of effort trying to eradicate each other in Syria.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

AQI became ISIS.
Hmmmm...It's always been my understanding that ISIS was started by an Iraqi Air Force Colonel and Baathist who was a logistical mastermind and saw opportunity in using the religious fervor among the foreign peasants who floated around looking for work. He had connections to AQI, did time with some AQI, but was never in AQI. Al Queda actually didn't want to be associated with ISIS and they spent a great deal of effort trying to eradicate each other in Syria.
FRE and Jihadists took advantage of each other, back and forth from 2004-2011, when they blended.

Chicken/egg.

One thing is certain: they ain’t Baathists no mo.   They jihadists.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:58:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Oh, and the WH rumor is that Trump is about to announce a complete withdrawal from Afghanistan as well.

Clearly Mattis is done. He can't stay in the job considering Trump totally ignores his advice and that of the joint chiefs.

After letting Erdogan tell the US military what to do, I can't believe Mattis didn't just go ahead and resign today.

Shit is falling apart so fast it is becoming impossible to keep track of it all.
View Quote
It does seem to be like rats off a sinking ship
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:58:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No blood for oil right? Don't you have a hippy protest to go to?

Oil is kind of important you know.
View Quote
Blow me.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:59:46 PM EDT
[#7]
There are less then 600 isis fighters left holed up in one small town that the syrian army can easily take. We currently have around 2000 troops in Syria.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:59:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Wikileaks has never been wrong. Not even once.
View Quote
Fucking, LOL. I've seen it all now.

Now, start posting those links to PartisanGirl on Twitter and give me the latest Infowars spin.

I'm embarrassed FOR you.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:00:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Just between Chief of staff, Communications director, Press secretary, National Security Adviser, FBI director, CIA director, Trump has tore through 18 senior level folks in 2 years. Obama went through 7 in 8 years and Bush 9 in 8 years.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:00:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If the dnizens of Sand Land want to slice each other into tiny bits I don't really care. We're been at war in that part of the world since I was in 3rd grade.
View Quote
And I think you are making a good point. The younger crowd doesn't remember a time when we weren't heavily invested in third world shitholes. If we haven't accomplished the goal by now we never will.

Put our troops on the Mexican border where they'll do some good.

Eta: the reason we have all these fucking Muslim refugees is because of mismanaging the ME. Let them all go back to Syria.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:01:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
FRE and Jihadists took advantage of each other, back and forth from 2004-2011, when they blended.

Chicken/egg.

One thing is certain: they ain't Baathists no mo.   They jihadists.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

AQI became ISIS.

Chicken/egg.

One thing is certain: they ain't Baathists no mo.   They jihadists.
Either way, it doesn't matter.

The point is that ISIS took advantage of a safe haven in Syria to grow and took advantage of America withdrawing from Iraq to surge. We're repeating that mistake.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:01:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Lol!

GD has officially jumped the shark. Y'all sound just like DU, you just take the opposite side of whatever action Trump wants.

Why should we be in every shithole in the world?!? Everyone seems to have amnesia about the SJW shit.

A few more weeks y'all will be wearing pussy hats cause that'll show him!
View Quote
Half of ARFCOM sound like Code Pink.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:02:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

How do you gradually draw down only 2000 troops?
View Quote
I've already explained. By planning out a timeline with achievable milestones that have to be met to transition to the next stage. In other words, if ISIS suddenly starts growing territory and membership again the draw down would stop.

The alternative way of doing things like Trump has chosen is very similar to Obama's method of fucking up Iraq.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:02:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Call me crazy but I think getting out of Syria and a deep troop reduction in Afghanistan is real winning and if Gen. Hand-Grenade and the saber rattlers in Congress take offence then, well, fuck them.

Let's put it all in perspective....

Twelve Americans are murdered every day by illegal aliens, according to statistics released by Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa. If those numbers are correct, it translates to 4,380 Americans murdered annually by illegal aliens. That's 21,900 since Sept. 11, 2001.

Even if those numbers are off by 25% illegals kill more Americans in a year than OBL or the Japanese did at Pearl Harbor. Let that sink in.

Now, where should our troop strength be concentrated.....On our border or in some sand-land?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:02:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I can't deal with this right now.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:03:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yeah, but he's right that your quoting propaganda directly from the Kremlin with an Assadist/Iranian bent. Not an insult; it's the truth.
View Quote
Russians hilighting of American misadventures doesn't make them any less true. IS would not have existed had it not been for misguided United State's policy and Syrian regime change is a product of geopolitical and business machinations surrounding LNG pipelines and Russian domination of Europe's energy sector. WikiLeaks hasn't been proven wrong even one time. Google search Al Qaeda's air force. Stop believing tour government's dopey lines about fighting terrorism.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:03:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh, and the WH rumor is that Trump is about to announce a complete withdrawal from Afghanistan as well.

Clearly Mattis is done. He can't stay in the job considering Trump totally ignores his advice and that of the joint chiefs.

After letting Erdogan tell the US military what to do, I can't believe Mattis didn't just go ahead and resign today.

Shit is falling apart so fast it is becoming impossible to keep track of it all.
If this is true, it's beyond infuriating. If we leave the Mideast it is on OUR TERMS. Not because some NATO Cuck told us to. What a weak position for us to take.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:04:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Call me crazy but I think getting out of Syria and a deep troop reduction in Afghanistan is real winning and if Gen. Hand-Grenade and the saber rattlers in Congress take offence then, well, fuck them.

Twelve Americans are murdered every day by illegal aliens, according to statistics released by Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa. If those numbers are correct, it translates to 4,380 Americans murdered annually by illegal aliens. That's 21,900 since Sept. 11, 2001.

Even if those numbers are off by 25% illegals kill more Americans in a year than OBL or the Japanese did at Pearl Harbor. Let that sink in.

Now, where should our troop strength be concentrated.....On our border or in some sand-land?
View Quote
Genius, If we were not kicking ISIS and the Talibans teeth in, those numbers would be much higher.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:05:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:05:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
And I think you are making a good point. The younger crowd doesn't remember a time when we weren't heavily invested in third world shitholes. If we haven't accomplished the goal by now we never will.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the dnizens of Sand Land want to slice each other into tiny bits I don't really care. We're been at war in that part of the world since I was in 3rd grade.

Eh, it's a bit of a fallacy to suggest that we haven't accomplished something positive by managing said shitholes, since there's no alternative reality to compare to.

Who's to say that without our intervention there wouldn't have been larger, more frequent, more deadly attacks on civilians here and around the world?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:05:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Either way, it doesn't matter.

The point is that ISIS took advantage of a safe haven in Syria to grow and took advantage of America withdrawing from Iraq to surge. We're repeating that mistake.
View Quote
It sounds like Trump was threatened by Erdogon, and he blinked.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:06:23 PM EDT
[#22]
GOOD, get us the fuck out of these endless wars.

We are energy independent, let Russia and China have the Middle East.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:06:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Just between Chief of staff, Communications director, Press secretary, National Security Adviser, FBI director, CIA director, Trump has tore through 18 senior level folks in 2 years. Obama went through 7 in 8 years and Bush 9 in 8 years.
View Quote
When people are actively trying to sabotage your presidency and leaking everything like a motherfucker, what do think he would do? Fire them?

And Mattis did pull some social Justice Bullshit on Trump early on, but some people here forget to point that out.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:06:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

And they were required to keep their sexual preferences out of the mission, preserving unit cohesion. One of the few things that Clinton got right.

Now it's a different story, and is the military better for it?
View Quote
The Veterans Administration will be answering that question in due time
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:08:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
When people are actively trying to sabotage your presidency and leaking everything like a motherfucker, what do think he would do? Fire them?

And Mattis did pull some social Justice Bullshit on Trump early on, but some people here forget to point that out.
View Quote
Sorry dude, but we are starting to see what the real problem is here, and it's leaning heavily toward Mr. Bump Stock Ban himself.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:08:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It sounds like Trump was threatened by Erdogon, and he blinked.
View Quote
@outofbattery has implied that since Flynn was Turkish property, there may be other Turkish lackeys leading Trump down the primrose path. There may be something to this. It would explain why we bent over for Turkey on Koshogi and why we're selling the Kurds out to Turkey.

Are there any Trump Towers in Istanbul?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:09:17 PM EDT
[#27]
With complete with drawl it's not like we can still watch them 24/7 with spy satellites and bomb the shit of them from the sky. Oh they want to build a new training camp? Sure we can drop another MOAB on them.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:09:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Syria being the last straw?
View Quote
I'll bet that's part of it.

Reading that letter carefully, what I see said but unstated is that Trump does not see it as beneficial or wise to oppose Russian and Chinese ambitions outside of their borders.  Mattis does.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:10:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Good, he is a democrat POS. Hand Syria back to Al Assad and Russia - they actually know how to run things over there.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:10:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

So what was Mattis' plan to stabilize Syria, protect the Kurds and not lock US troops in Syria for 5-10 years?
View Quote
ISW put out a plan and while I wasn’t entirely sold on it, I understood what they were hoping for. Anyway BIG war is coming between 2021-2030 so all of this will be forgotten not long from now. I’m just going on record in GD so I can post the screen shot 10 years from now and say “told ya so”
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:10:41 PM EDT
[#31]
lol how many arfcom accounts does Bill Kristol have?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:12:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:13:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
According to Wikileaks documents, Hillary, Google, and the CIA helped spread ISIS to Syria to promote regime change, so...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mattis is a Democrat. Fuck him. He may have been a good general, but he is shit at politics.

The irony here is how quiet the media were when Obama pulled 300,000 men out of Iraq overnight. Pulling out of Iraq is what led to the spread of ISIS into Syria, and losing half of Iraq! Now the media and top brass are upset about pulling 2,000 troops out of Syria?? It doesn’t make sense. It’s all politics. If Russia takes over Syria, so what? They already are allies and I’d love to see Russia fighting ISIS in our place...
According to Wikileaks documents, Hillary, Google, and the CIA helped spread ISIS to Syria to promote regime change, so...
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:13:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I would add that the denizens of "Sand Land" aren't going to be content slicing each other up. ISIS' stated goal is to destroy Western civilization and kill us all.

Can they do it? No.

Can they do a lot of damage? If we let them regroup the can.
View Quote
To be fair isis is down to tiny 2 pockets amounting to 1% of Syrian territory & its waging a guerilla actions in Iraq. So it now comes down to how badly Shiites alienate Sunnis again and how the GCC states or its citizens respond next time
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:14:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obama had 4 SECDEFs, so only 3 other people left. Bullshit.

Holder, Rahm,  Clinton. No one else left?

Obama had 3 press secretaries.

I think your  numbers are shit
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:14:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
EDIT: In OP

Not sure if true haven't seen an actual statement from Mattis yet:

View Quote
Oh snap!
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:15:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
If there is a qualified woman, I would be supportive. Condi?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
what did he really do?

Watch Trump "move to the middle" and appoint a woman
If there is a qualified woman, I would be supportive. Condi?
Condoleeza Rice is way too intelligent to get involved with this shit show clown of a POTUS.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:15:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Genius, If we were not kicking ISIS and the Talibans teeth in, those numbers would be much higher.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe, maybe not, and there is no way to prove that one way or the other but US Citizen deaths at the hands of illegals year after year after year is staring you right in the face.

But hey, I guess there is much less money to be made by contractors fighting the illegal plague.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:15:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It's time to let Trump be impeached.

Pence's turn.
View Quote
Dude, are you crazy?

I get that you're upset over the bumpstock thing (and I am too), but don't acquiesce to liberal/Democrat fantasies.

With real control of the Senate, Trump can nominate whoever he wants to these positions.  Pulling out of the ME is a good idea, it's part of the reason we elected Trump, and it was a campaign promise. Let China defend their own interests and hopefully lose their blood and treasure there instead.

America First means getting the fuck out of the Middle East.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:15:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Fucking, LOL. I've seen it all now.

Now, start posting those links to PartisanGirl on Twitter and give me the latest Infowars spin.

I'm embarrassed FOR you.
View Quote
Who are those people?
I feel sorry for someone as arrogant as you as well.
But until you can prove or show a WikiLeaks that has been wrong in any way shape or form you don't have an argument you're just bleating.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:17:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Read the letter.

He says in no uncertain terms why he resigned, and how his beliefs were at odds with the ideas and actions of the President.

Trump is a fool for ignoring Mattis.
View Quote
Wrong. Mattis is a fool for wanting to prolong the Deep State war in the Middle East.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:17:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
There are less then 600 isis fighters left holed up in one small town that the syrian army can easily take. We currently have around 2000 troops in Syria.
View Quote
Tora Bora?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:18:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Russians hilighting of American misadventures doesn't make them any less true. IS would not have existed had it not been for misguided United State's policy and Syrian regime change is a product of geopolitical and business machinations surrounding LNG pipelines and Russian domination of Europe's energy sector. WikiLeaks hasn't been proven wrong even one time. Google search Al Qaeda's air force. Stop believing tour government's dopey lines about fighting terrorism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but he's right that your quoting propaganda directly from the Kremlin with an Assadist/Iranian bent. Not an insult; it's the truth.
Russian?  Misadventures?  Syria?

That rings a bell.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:19:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Chicken/egg.

One thing is certain: they ain’t Baathists no mo.   They jihadists.
View Quote
I think he's thinking of the actual start of al-Baghdadi's tenure when he did bring in a bunch of former Baathists and Saddam allies. That's taking a 2010 - current kind of view.

The precursor to ISIS was Zarqawi and his little jihadi group. Zarqawi and his people jumped at the idea of taking on the infidels in Iraq, and even had people in Iraq before our ground troops entered. They were a significant part of the early insurgency, and had enough success that by the end of '04/early '05 they caught the eye of Bin Laden, and Zarqawi then pledged his allegiance to Al-Qaida. That's when AQI was essentially formed.

I'm going to skip the middle part because Zarqawi getting smoked is really the most relevant factor of the time period between '05 -' 10. That and Zarqawi pissing off all of the non-insane Sunnis. Anyway, a few years go by and we fucking obliterate most of AQI. A lot of the foreigners that came in because of Zarqawi lose interest or are dead, and within a few years the group becomes a lot more Iraqi, brings in a lot of former Baathists and top Saddam people, and then AL-Baghdad eventually takes control.

That's the short and very simplified version of how we got to AL-Baghdadi, and from there ISIS kicked off their little caliphate gimmick but it was focused on Iraq. Once Assad became destabilized they couldn't believe their good fortune (they were using Syria to hide out at times anyway), and decided to fill the vacuum left by the erosion of the sovereignty and control of the Syrian government.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:19:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Trump will be a 1 term president.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:21:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Neocon is our because Trump starts pulling the plug on idiotic foreign wars the public is tired of?

For shame.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:22:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Did Q or that nut on info wars tell you that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stephen Miller just basically said that Isis isn't our enemy and we shouldn't have to fight them.
Well, we created and armed them to counter the Shiites...
Did Q or that nut on info wars tell you that?
Sorry, all the weapons we gave to "moderate Muslim rebels" in Syria happened to end up in ISIS's hands. Pure coincidence.

Just a couple of the very many emails discussing kicking things off in Syria. But ISIS came out of nowhere.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/google-syria-rebels-defection-hillary-clinton-emails-wikileaks-a6946121.html

https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/18328
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:22:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's time to let Trump be impeached.

Pence's turn.

America first means doing whatever is in the best interests of America.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:22:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Obama went through 4 SecDefs.

It seems a lot of SecDefs serve around 2 years.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:23:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Wrong. Mattis is a fool for wanting to prolong the Deep State war in the Middle East.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Read the letter.

He says in no uncertain terms why he resigned, and how his beliefs were at odds with the ideas and actions of the President.

Trump is a fool for ignoring Mattis.
You aren’t actually saying anything.
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top