User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 22
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 10:55:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good point.

You should definitely not vote for Bush again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well in that case nobody did more to help Iranian hegemony along then Bush by inadvertently handing it over to Iran ostensibly.  Great strategeeery!
Good point.

You should definitely not vote for Bush again.
Same thinking still at work today in our Beltway drawing rooms and government institutions. Clean up mess, make bigger mess...then call it global security!
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 10:57:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Probably the same amount as during "don't ask don't tell " always some undercover pole smokers and turd burglars hiding
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How many trannies are there in the US armed forces?  How many trannies are impeding the ability of the armed forces to do its job?
Probably the same amount as during "don't ask don't tell " always some undercover pole smokers and turd burglars hiding
Tranny =\= gay. There were no trannys in at that time.

FTR I have no bones to pick with trannys I just think it's funny that GD is so emotional it flips and flops around and issue it DOES have a problem with because muh feels.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 10:57:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have nothing against killing people that have earned a killing. It is the fundamental job of the military to kill the enemy and break their shit, but it should never be done lightly and it should violent and quick. Occupations are always bad juju in the long run.

17 years in Afghanistan and we haven't made enough progress to substantially reduce our foot print without losing all of our objectives?  That's not acceptable.  How does it ever end?
View Quote
8 years of that was under Obama. Would you characterize his leadership as effective?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 10:57:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I never said they were defeated. Who are we bombing targets for because all signs point to no one fucking knows.

What business do we have in another foreign county? Tell me?
View Quote
What signs are you referring to?

Isolationism doesn’t work.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 10:59:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You're not answering the question.  What is the required verifiable and attainable conditions for "victory"?  You have no answer and get whiny when called on it.

Give me a plan with an end victory condition, the forces needed for it, and the ultimate cost needed that is NOT on an infinite timescale with limitless resources spent.  Because currently we don't have ANY of that except "keep our troops there to kill bad guys at whatever cost".
View Quote
LOL neither are you hence my response. You just keep digging deeper as if I ultimately care enough to play along. If you’re playing games. I’ll either play till I’m bored or just ignore you and so far I’m about to just move onto other posts from other people rather than waste my time playing your game by your rules
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 10:59:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Isolationism works perfectly fine when you protect your own border and aren’t trying to be some kind of retarded post modern empire. We should have never gotten involved in any of the foreign conflicts of the past century and it’s showing in this one.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:00:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You're not answering the question.  What is the required verifiable and attainable conditions for "victory"?  You have no answer and get whiny when called on it.

Give me a plan with an end victory condition, the forces needed for it, and the ultimate cost needed that is NOT on an infinite timescale with limitless resources spent.  Because currently we don't have ANY of that except "keep our troops there to kill bad guys at whatever cost".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok... and that says what about a DETERMINISTIC END-STATE? Give us an actual state which can be obtained to ensure that does not happen, which at the same time is not "keep our troops over there forever."

You can't.
Any other parameters you want to pile on? How about constrain ROE while you’re on a roll. Don’t stop now. Btw Japan waves hello

This was always the problem in Syria more than anywhere else.

What is the end state goal? Is it achievable?

At what point does a General send this message: https://www.archives.gov/publications/prologue/2015/summer/war-message.html
"The mission of this Allied Force was fulfilled at 0241, local time, May 7th, 1945."
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:00:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I am imagining herds of basement dwellers, sitting in front of their computers, veins popping out of their forehead, furiously googling people and terms they had never heard before so they can pretend to know what they are talking about when they argue.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:01:28 PM EDT
[#10]
There was a time when the USA wasn't so interested in being  World Police.  Maybe we need to get back to that, especially if it allows us to deal with the failed nation-state on our southern border.

Wherever the standard of freedom and independence has been or shall be unfurled, there will her heart, her benedictions and her prayers be. But she goes not abroad in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own. She will recommend the general cause, by the countenance of her voice, and the benignant sympathy of her example.

She well knows that by once enlisting under other banners than her own, were they even the banners of foreign independence, she would involve herself, beyond the power of extrication, in all the wars of interest and intrigue, of individual avarice, envy, and ambition, which assume the colors and usurp the standard of freedom. The fundamental maxims of her policy would insensibly change from liberty to force. The frontlet upon her brows would no longer beam with the ineffable splendor of freedom and independence; but in its stead would soon be substituted an imperial diadem, flashing in false and tarnished lustre the murky radiance of dominion and power. She might become the dictatress of the world: she would be no longer the ruler of her own spirit.

--John Quincy Adams, 1821
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:02:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

And they were required to keep their sexual preferences out of the mission, preserving unit cohesion. One of the few things that Clinton got right.

Now it's a different story, and is the military better for it?
View Quote
white knighting Clinton now!
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:02:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I am imagining herds of basement dwellers, sitting in front of their computers, veins popping out of their forehead, furiously googling people and terms they had never heard before so they can pretend to know what they are talking about when they argue.
View Quote
I can imagine herds of crayon eating Marines furiously posting on Fakebook and Twatter while their tranny supporting meme general resigns.

Lol. I can make dumb posts too.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:03:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never said they were defeated. Who are we bombing targets for because all signs point to no one fucking knows.

What business do we have in another foreign county? Tell me?

It has worked for countless countries and it is not binary.  Total leftist bullshit.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:03:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
There was a time when the USA wasn't so interested in being  World Police.  Maybe we need to get back to that, especially if it allows us to deal with the failed nation-state on our southern border.

Wherever the standard of freedom and independence has been or shall be unfurled, there will her heart, her benedictions and her prayers be. But she goes not abroad in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own. She will recommend the general cause, by the countenance of her voice, and the benignant sympathy of her example.

She well knows that by once enlisting under other banners than her own, were they even the banners of foreign independence, she would involve herself, beyond the power of extrication, in all the wars of interest and intrigue, of individual avarice, envy, and ambition, which assume the colors and usurp the standard of freedom. The fundamental maxims of her policy would insensibly change from liberty to force. The frontlet upon her brows would no longer beam with the ineffable splendor of freedom and independence; but in its stead would soon be substituted an imperial diadem, flashing in false and tarnished lustre the murky radiance of dominion and power. She might become the dictatress of the world: she would be no longer the ruler of her own spirit.

View Quote
Yeah. If only we had stayed that way instead of getting involved in every foreign war we could over the past 100 years.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:04:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Somehow Tom Jefferson found some monsters
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:05:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Trump needs a nationalist defense secretary and one who is loyal to Trump's agenda.

Mattis was a globalist and was antagonistic to Trump in too many ways.

Apparently Mattis was not up front about his strong liberal and globalist views when he was interviewed for the job.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:06:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Trump needs a nationalist defense secretary and one who is loyal to Trump's agenda.

Mattis was a globalist and was antagonistic to Trump in too many ways.

Apparently Mattis was not up front about his strong liberal and globalist views when he was interviewed for the job.
View Quote
Yeah. He really outed himself under Trump. I used to look up to him but that all started to turn beginning with the tranny bullshit.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:07:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It has worked for countless countries and it is not binary.  Total leftist bullshit.
View Quote
New Zealand & Switzerland for sure but who else?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:09:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This isn't good. When it comes to war, Mattis is the subject matter expert. Trump should be following his advice. What does Trump know about war? Does he really think he knows more than the generals?

I am grateful that Trump stopped Hillary. I was hoping that in time he could have been molded into a capable leader that displayed rational behavior. But with each passing day, I can only conclude that the guy is a hopeless fucktard. Trump is done. There's no way he can win re-election. He'll be lucky if he finishes out his present term.
View Quote
At some point, the civilian leadership also gets to say there has been enough war, and the military follows orders to come home, despite their feelings or beliefs. Did others resign when Obama drew down forces (even though in hindsight it was the wrong move)?

I heard an interview with some Democrat Congressman on Bloomberg this week about the Syria pullout, the host and the Congressman were positively ecstatic about the idea of a power vacuum in Syria, Russia and Iran moving in to enhance their positions, saying Trump needed to expand forces there instead of withdraw and how the Ds would exploit his move for their gain. I can't remember Democrats ever previously being pro-war...

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:10:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Never understood the Mattis love here. He is a good guy and a good officer as far as I know.

But he is also a Leftist. Always has been.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:11:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Syria is apparently more important than everything else in the DOD

View Quote
We don't know what he knows.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:12:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Finland.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:12:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

We don't know what he knows.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:12:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Time for him to go.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:14:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would be easier to list who isn't.  How many nations are involved in police actions or have foreign bases scattered all over the world? How many nations who claim not to be are de facto isolationist in practice?  I don't like that label anyway as it is often used as a false dichotomy, it should simply be non-interventionist or something of the like, maybe 'smart foreign policy'. There is a nice middle ground we should strive to get to.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:17:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

So if we voted for Trump then we're not allowed to criticize his mistakes?
View Quote
It's not the criticism, it's the autistic shrieking and epic level extremes. The fits of rage. Now people are claiming to have never voted in the election because they knew all along. They are white knighting Obama and Clinton.  I wouldn't be surprised if a few dicks we're sucked before the night is over, because mah mattis.

Honestly it's like a bunch of bipolar women. It's no wonder there are so many curse threads.  The funny part is grown men acting exactly like they describe women acting while claiming to be the cool calm voice of reason.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:18:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Meh, he stayed in the job about as long as other SECDEFs.

I don't remember the nashing of teeth when Obama's 4 SECDEFs left their position.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/332415/IMG_20181220_182301_jpg-779337.JPG
View Quote
Quit being reasonable, you'll ruin the fun.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:18:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This isn't good. When it comes to war, Mattis is the subject matter expert. Trump should be following his advice. What does Trump know about war? Does he really think he knows more than the generals?

I am grateful that Trump stopped Hillary. I was hoping that in time he could have been molded into a capable leader that displayed rational behavior. But with each passing day, I can only conclude that the guy is a hopeless fucktard. Trump is done. There's no way he can win re-election. He'll be lucky if he finishes out his present term.
View Quote
According to people who know about the SME advice from Mattis & the DOD, for Afghanistan the advice is, the same advice they have been giving for years. President Trump sees the same future in Syria.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:19:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Troop reduction happened. Obama reduced forces from 100,000 to 9,800 and the Taliban seized or contests 55% of Afghanistan now. If you oppose US forces staying in Afghanistan, an interesting guy to read is Bill Roggio's Long War journal. A lot of what everyone is debating on this thread he already covers
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Call me crazy but I think getting out of Syria and a deep troop reduction in Afghanistan is real winning and if Gen. Hand-Grenade and the saber rattlers in Congress take offence then, well, fuck them.

Let's put it all in perspective....

Twelve Americans are murdered every day by illegal aliens, according to statistics released by Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa. If those numbers are correct, it translates to 4,380 Americans murdered annually by illegal aliens. That's 21,900 since Sept. 11, 2001.

Even if those numbers are off by 25% illegals kill more Americans in a year than OBL or the Japanese did at Pearl Harbor. Let that sink in.

Now, where should our troop strength be concentrated.....On our border or in some sand-land?
Troop reduction happened. Obama reduced forces from 100,000 to 9,800 and the Taliban seized or contests 55% of Afghanistan now. If you oppose US forces staying in Afghanistan, an interesting guy to read is Bill Roggio's Long War journal. A lot of what everyone is debating on this thread he already covers
Someone from the LWJ is on Batchelor right now. They're saying that withdrawing from Syria will help Iran secure a land bridge to the Med, allowing them to transfer heavy weapons to Hezbollah, will force the YPG to make peace with Assad and thereby pivot to Russia and Iran, and possibly allow ISIS or something like ISIS to re-emerge. Basically nothing good is going to come of this.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:19:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

LOL neither are you hence my response. You just keep digging deeper as if I ultimately care enough to play along. If you’re playing games. I’ll either play till I’m bored or just ignore you and so far I’m about to just move onto other posts from other people rather than waste my time playing your game by your rules
View Quote
I asked one question, to which you have not given any answer.

What is the "win condition" for the US to allow us to bring our troops home that isn't open ended?

You aren't answering because you have no answer and know your position is unsustainable.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:22:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It's not the criticism, it's the autistic shrieking and epic level extremes. The fits of rage. Now people are claiming to have never voted in the election because they knew all along. They are white knighting Obama and Clinton.  I wouldn't be surprised if a few dicks we're sucked before the night is over, because mah mattis.

Honestly it's like a bunch of bipolar women. It's no wonder there are so many curse threads.  The funny part is grown men acting exactly like they describe women acting while claiming to be the cool calm voice of reason.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You summed up my thoughts of this thread.

The voice of reason is funny, but a typical tactic.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:22:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, all it tells me is a lot of people here didn't really want change, didn't want a strong leader who makes difficult decisions, and goes against the entrenched interests of DC.  If their wars were so important to them, I guess they should have voted for Hillary, she would have kept them going and then some.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:23:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It would be easier to list who isn't.  How many nations are involved in police actions or have foreign bases scattered all over the world? How many nations who claim not to be are de facto isolationist in practice?  I don't like that label anyway as it is often used as a false dichotomy, it should simply be non-interventionist or something of the like.  There is a nice middle ground we should strive to get to.
View Quote
France is everywhere, Britain still loves the Falklands, Russia is in Libya making deals with warlords, China is in Africa, Sri Lanka and poking around the Artic, Iran is in Africa, Turkey is in Africa, Italy was in Libya trying to shape the land last year. Every swinging dick is running around playing fuck fuck games. UAE just got called out in North Africa. Who isn’t playing fuck fuck games besides Iceland?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:23:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
And we got fake republican as president. Look what the idiot has done . Sorry Trump duped us all and I voted for guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If he does , I’ll vote for him in a heartbeat. Trump is a major fuck up
And Mattis is a DEMOCRAT
And we got fake republican as president. Look what the idiot has done . Sorry Trump duped us all and I voted for guy.
Sorry our guy won and we lost.

Wait....wut?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:25:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I asked one question, to which you have not given any answer.

What is the "win condition" for the US to allow us to bring our troops home that isn't open ended?

You aren't answering because you have no answer and know your position is unsustainable.
View Quote
Answer mine then I’ll play your retard game. Dodge and I dodge you. See how that works? If not don’t bother replying because I won’t
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:28:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
France is everywhere, Britain still loves the Falklands, Russia is in Libya making deals with warlords, China is in Africa, Sri Lanka and poking around the Artic, Iran is in Africa, Turkey is in Africa, Italy was in Libya trying to shape the land last year. Every swinging dick is running around playing fuck fuck games. UAE just got called out in North Africa. Who isn’t playing fuck fuck games besides Iceland?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would be easier to list who isn't.  How many nations are involved in police actions or have foreign bases scattered all over the world? How many nations who claim not to be are de facto isolationist in practice?  I don't like that label anyway as it is often used as a false dichotomy, it should simply be non-interventionist or something of the like.  There is a nice middle ground we should strive to get to.
Well there are 195 nations in the world.  You named 8, and lets not pretend the comparisons are even remotely close to what the US engages in or spends on.  Like I said, it is not a false dichotomy.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:30:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

8 years of that was under Obama. Would you characterize his leadership as effective?
View Quote
No I wouldn't but what's done is done. Here we are 17 years in. What's the goal? Can we get there? What will it take? Is it worth it? What happens if we leave?

A leader asks these unpopular questions and demands answers. He also must feel some responsibility for everyone from Mattis to the youngest private that just enlisted. Hell of a responsibility and not a job I'd want.

Proxy wars have never won anything. They just make a mess of unintended consequences.   Iraq and Afghanistan were both indirect results of US covert support with the goal of fighting Iran and the soviets... in the short term it worked..somewhat.

If you want to effect world politics, convince people to see things your way, kill everyone you can't convince, setup the survivors for success, then get the fuck out.  The best thing HW bush ever did was not go all the way to Baghdad.   That solution doesn't look possible or palatable in afganistan...so...?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:30:51 PM EDT
[#38]
So if Mattis were given the chance, would he disarm us?

Most here say YES, fuck that dildo.

SJW warrior globalist fuckin’ FUDD.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:31:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Didn't read the thread but basically Mattis quit because America is sick of fucking around in shithole countries? Seems like a good time to prep our forces for actual next gen warfare instead of fighting some third worlders.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:34:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And Mattis is a DEMOCRAT
He didn't dupe me, you just were not paying attention.

lol this post really belies the problem.  We have a generation or more of Republicans raised on a false idea of conservatism, the idea that intervening in every part of the world is somehow a 'conservative' ideal.  Were the Republicans of the 1920's (probably the pinnacle of GD's fantasy about Republicans vis a vie government) fake conservatives/Republicans? How do you fight wars and police actions all over the world and still have a small government?  Did you ever think about that? Just look at the Left and Islam, it has been compounded by this, all we are doing is feeding their narratives.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:35:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Like I said there wilfl be all kinds of "real" reasons for Mattis resigning because the official one looks so bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You think that those 2,000 troops in Syria are all about ISIS?   That’s cute.
Like I said there wilfl be all kinds of "real" reasons for Mattis resigning because the official one looks so bad.
The official reason looks reasonable.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:35:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Didn't read the thread but basically Mattis quit because America is sick of fucking around in shithole countries? Seems like a good time to prep our forces for actual next gen warfare instead of fighting some third worlders.
View Quote
Not gonna happen Democrats take leadership next month https://armedservices.house.gov
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:36:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

lol this post really belies the problem.  We have a generation or more of Republicans raised on a false idea of conservatism, the idea that intervening in every part of the world is somehow a 'conservative' ideal.  Were the Republicans of the 1920's (probably the pinnacle of GD's fantasy about Republicans vis a vie government) fake conservatives/Republicans? How do you fight wars and police actions all over the world and still have a small government?  Did you ever think about that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And Mattis is a DEMOCRAT

lol this post really belies the problem.  We have a generation or more of Republicans raised on a false idea of conservatism, the idea that intervening in every part of the world is somehow a 'conservative' ideal.  Were the Republicans of the 1920's (probably the pinnacle of GD's fantasy about Republicans vis a vie government) fake conservatives/Republicans? How do you fight wars and police actions all over the world and still have a small government?  Did you ever think about that?
If you dig out old GOP platform/policy prior to the trotskyites/neocon takeover of the party people just stop replying around here. I've tried to have this conversation before. GD doesn't like it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:38:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Did people read the resignation letter?  Mattis says I think X, and you deserve someone in line with your thinking.  Not a mystery why he resigned.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:41:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Well there are 195 nations in the world.  You named 8, and lets not pretend the comparisons are even remotely close to what the US engages in or spends on.  Like I said, it is not a false dichotomy.
View Quote
Why do you think the US does it?

And what is the solution when a hostile country fills the void?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:41:17 PM EDT
[#46]
This presidency has turned into one disorganized cluster fuck. I thought a good businessman was supposed to delegate and listen to the advice from his hand picked experts. Trump is demonstrating that there is no 4d chess and there never was. It's not even 2d checkers at this point. He is being attacked from every direction and is too damn narcissistic to believe that anyone knows better than him. It would be one thing if he had any actual beliefs or even some sort of rough plan, but he doesn't. He's all over the damn place. I was on this train from the start and I'm beginning to feel like a sucker.

I know that there has always been turnover in every adminstration, but not like this and not because of the reasons that everyone in this administration is ditching him. These are usually savvy people who are knowledgeable about what's going on behind the scenes. I think it's obvious that they see the writing on the wall and don't want anything to do with that message when it comes to fruition. He has become toxic to the point that people don't want to work for him. That's totally fucked up. Name one president in the recent past who had no one to circle the wagons around him when the shit hit the fan. Not even Nixon was this alone. All Trump really has at this point is his children.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:42:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
This presidency has turned into one disorganized cluster fuck.
View Quote
And the week isn't over yet.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:44:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
No I wouldn't but what's done is done. Here we are 17 years in. What's the goal? Can we get there? What will it take? Is it worth it? What happens if we leave?

A leader asks these unpopular questions and demands answers. He also must feel some responsibility for everyone from Mattis to the youngest private that just enlisted. Hell of a responsibility and not a job I'd want.

Proxy wars have never won anything. They just make a mess of unintended consequences.   Iraq and Afghanistan were both indirect results of US covert support with the goal of fighting Iran and the soviets... in the short term it worked..somewhat.

If you want to effect world politics, convince people to see things your way, kill everyone you can't convince, setup the survivors for success, then get the fuck out.  The best thing HW bush ever did was not go all the way to Baghdad.   That solution doesn't look possible or palatable in afganistan...so...?
View Quote
Sounds great but Obama done Obama for 8 years. Same Obama who wanted out in 2008. So is it a surprise where we are in 2017? He didn’t listen to generals, nor did he technically have to as CinC. He decided to bail on Iraq and most of the American public cheered that decision until 2014 then everyone said “how can this happen?” Except McCain who is the broken clock that wanted to bomb everybody. Isolationism didn’t build us a wall in 1939 not stop Pearl Harbor. I see no dots connected between pull up stakes everywhere and we get a wall and illegals no longer enter the country. This thread has a bunch of Russian talking points about “end game” without specifying how leaving Syria gets us a border wall in the USA. I’m indifferent to Syria. Leave stay, whatever but the mental gymnastics of leave = immigration gets fixed is just bizarre
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:44:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We were for a while. It kinda' ended on December 7, 1941.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:45:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Did people read the resignation letter?  Mattis says I think X, and you deserve someone in line with your thinking.  Not a mystery why he resigned.
View Quote
...and not a controversy.  It is perfectly acceptable and par for the course.
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top