Page / 22
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:04:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

MadDog 2020

"When you absolutely, positively, have to kill every motherfucker in the room"
View Quote
Smoke & mirrors, he left ISIS in tact on the battlefield, stabbed the Kurds in the back, and done shit to restore International control to the South or East China Seas. Except for Japan acting in its own best interests, all other allies in the Pacific are doing nothing. Nothing has changed. Sounds more like a wimpy puppy with no teeth. Trump has done little either except shoot his mouth off like a New Yorker in rush hour traffic. He rattled NATO's cage but still they have done nothing to bring their militaries up to where they agreed to. Net result: a bunch of noise at piss ant globalists but no action. NK still in the nuke business. Everyone gets to watch the reruns.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:05:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If POTUS does downsize in South Korea, things will get real interesting and I suspect pressure on Japan will follow which will make China play arms race games. China just expanded their shipyards already. I’m guessing 2024 - 2030 shit goes down bigly
View Quote
A WESTPAC war involving China is practically inevitable. The only people that seem to care, really care, are the Japanese. Other people in the area are upset, but seem to think we should fight that one for them too.

Japan is making aircraft carriers with F-35Bs. They have a large Navy. They're actually stepping up to the plate.

Plain fact is, Japan is one of our few allies that's worth a damn.

Oh, and China wants to invade Taiwan by the early 2020s.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:07:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Lend lease act was very isolationist.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:07:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

A WESTPAC war involving China is practically inevitable. The only people that seem to care, really care, are the Japanese. Other people in the area are upset, but seem to think we should fight that one for them too.

Japan is making aircraft carriers with F-35Bs. They have a large Navy. They're actually stepping up to the plate.

Plain fact is, Japan is one of our few allies that's worth a damn.

Oh, and China wants to invade Taiwan by the early 2020s.
View Quote
Now the DPRK is demanding the USA remove troops from South Korea and void it’s defense treaty with Japan before they’ll denuclearize
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:10:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Lend lease act was very isolationist.
View Quote
Much racism, white America unfair to Yellow Japanese. Asia for Asians. Imperial Japan was justified, America deserved the Bataan death March and Pearl Harbor? Howard Zinn must be smiling from wherever he is
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:11:38 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote
LOL. The idiot pronounces “especially” as “ekspeshully”.
Nice job fellating Mattis, though. And reading all of the Mattis memes - golly gee.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:23:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Much racism, white America unfair to Yellow Japanese. Asia for Asians. Imperial Japan was justified, America deserved the Bataan death March and Pearl Harbor? Howard Zinn must be smiling from wherever he is
View Quote
Hahaha what?

You said America was isolationist before PH.  I point out we were “selling” stuff at 5 cents on the dollar, which is obviously not isolationist.  You respond with some bullshit that has nothing to do with what I stated....

You do know what the lend lease act was right?
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:25:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Hahaha what?

You said America was isolationist before PH.  I point out we were “selling” stuff at 5 cents on the dollar, which is obviously not isolationist.  You respond with some bullshit that has nothing to do with what I stated....

You do know what the lend lease act was right?
View Quote
https://www.britannica.com/topic/Pearl-Harbor-and-the-back-door-to-war-theory-1688287
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:25:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yeah getting fired sucks. No surprises they want to keep their jobs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I did some checking up on a couple of Trump’s National Security advisors reaction to this news and I’m a bit surprised at how shaken they are but they still have confidence in POTUS despite their opposition to these decisions, so the sky isnt falling
They are surprised that the President would undermine his own strategy.

We see this with how he’s handling the Wall and Congress.  We saw it with Obamacare repeal, and we see it with National Defense.

Trump’s tactical Tweets and unscripted pronouncements scuttle his strategies (when there are strategies).

Then his subject matter experts have to clean up the mess.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:26:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well, that at least gives me a chance to name my unit “Carmel’s Cavalry” or serve in the California 7th battalion with a bunch of computer scientists, lab technicians and Starbucks baristas who bring their California approved and registered firearms
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I, for one, look forward to returning to the Constitutional vision of standing up an army every time there’s a war and disbanding it immediately after.
Well, that at least gives me a chance to name my unit “Carmel’s Cavalry” or serve in the California 7th battalion with a bunch of computer scientists, lab technicians and Starbucks baristas who bring their California approved and registered firearms
SB baristas hot?  Jalapeño cheese spread used as currency?  Eagerly awaiting your response.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:29:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

SB baristas hot?  Jalapeño cheese spread used as currency?  Eagerly awaiting your response.
View Quote
These days avocado is the international currency. Barista is likely a self described gender queer who wants to marry a ghost or tree or the ocean and smash the patriarchy while working on her novel part time
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:32:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Trump can talk tough all he wants but from a kneeling position in front of Putin, Erdogan and Xi, it just doesn't matter. He might as well be Obama. We bitched a storm when Obama bowed to Putin and Xi but then yell, "MAGA" when Trump does it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh, and the WH rumor is that Trump is about to announce a complete withdrawal from Afghanistan as well.

Clearly Mattis is done. He can't stay in the job considering Trump totally ignores his advice and that of the joint chiefs.

After letting Erdogan tell the US military what to do, I can't believe Mattis didn't just go ahead and resign today.

Shit is falling apart so fast it is becoming impossible to keep track of it all.
Trump can talk tough all he wants but from a kneeling position in front of Putin, Erdogan and Xi, it just doesn't matter. He might as well be Obama. We bitched a storm when Obama bowed to Putin and Xi but then yell, "MAGA" when Trump does it.
#MuhRussia
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:35:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
My mistake - gender fluid
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:37:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
These days avocado is the international currency. Barista is likely a self described gender queer who wants to marry a ghost or tree or the ocean and smash the patriarchy while working on her novel part time
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No thank you. I’d rather go work for the Nebraska Noledgeables out of the infrastructure formerly known as StratCom. We’ll have space invader in our phones and rats to eat at least.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:38:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

We see this with how he’s handling the Wall and Congress.  We saw it with Obamacare repeal, and we see it with National Defense.

Trump’s tactical Tweets and unscripted pronouncements scuttle his strategies (when there are strategies).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I did some checking up on a couple of Trump’s National Security advisors reaction to this news and I’m a bit surprised at how shaken they are but they still have confidence in POTUS despite their opposition to these decisions, so the sky isnt falling

You are the smartest man alive. Somehow his strategies are working despite your prognostications
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:43:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Still haven’t heard you defend your position that the lend lease act was isolationist...

Seriously, how was America giving war aid to other countries isolationist?
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:45:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No thank you. I’d rather go work for the Nebraska Noledgeables out of the infrastructure formerly known as StratCom. We’ll have space invader in our phones and rats to eat at least.
View Quote
Far better than riding to war with the California 69th battalion under Ben Dover and his rough riders
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:45:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You are the smartest man alive. Somehow his strategies are working despite your prognostications
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obamacare repealed?  No.

Wall built or even funded?   No.

National Security Strategy objectives?  No.

To which “strategies” are you referring?
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:46:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Still haven’t heard you defend your position that the lend lease act was isolationist...
View Quote
Holy fuck they just keep coming. I predict more Wikipedia in the next bonzai wave
1941 (4/11) Movie CLIP - Japanese Christmas Trees (1979) HD
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:50:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Holy fuck they just keep coming. I predict more Wikipedia in the next bonzai wave
View Quote
3 posts, 0 zero defense of your own words.  Have a good day.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:52:17 AM EDT
[#21]
The obvious problem with saying we don't give a damn about Syria, Afghanistan, Ukraine and so on is who is going to step up and say "We do."

We're handing off American influence to Russia, China and Iran and getting zilch in return.  You're not going to like a world in which they have more influence than the US.  I'd rather have the US be the world's policeman than Russia or China, or for there to be no police.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:54:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

3 posts, 0 zero defense of your own words.  Have a good day.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:55:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Obamacare repealed?  No.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obamacare repealed?  No.

Obamacare on life support.

Wall is being built. Not as quick as desired. Funding. We'll see what the Senate does.

Not what you expect him to do when his own party was actively working to undermine him. McCain, Ryan.

What national security objectives are failing?
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:56:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Just another human being who puts his pants on one leg at a time.
Still got about half an hour to go, but I’m betting the sun will go ahead and rise even without GD’s hero.

I suspect Gen JM biggest contribution was in the area of .mil budgeting and procurement.  Politics. But what do I know other?

I had hopes he would live up to all of the badass memes, but the fact that our military is still charging soldiers with murder for killing the enemy disappoints me.

As for pulling out of Syria, and possibly other shitholes...
“Fight them over there, so we don’t have to fight them over here” has grown stale. It is over used.
We hear that we are fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan because GWBush said that the Saudis responsible for 9/11 got training there. I never fully believed the pretzel logic of ignoring that it was Wahabists from an important ally and defense contractor client to go to war with the 4th century country of Afghanistan.
So what if they trained there? They were Saudis.
We should have moved against them, if anyone.

Something was always a little odd about that war in Afghanistan. Maybe the fact that certain powerful interests had plans for a pipeline through there?
Who knows, but the fact that our sons were ordered to not damage the vast poppy fields in Helmand province makes sense only if you realize we are being lied to. And as far as I can tell, maddog did nothing to change that.

I lost my oldest son to that fucking war for industrial interests in Afghanistan. I also lost a chunk of faith in the politicians who are in charge of our armed forces. And James Mattis, no matter what he used to be, is just another politician.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 9:12:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Not my job.  I know my mission and I execute it.

Ask the President about his desired end state.  That belongs to him.

He’s put them in harm’s way, and some have died.

One would assume that he had a reason.
View Quote
I agree with you.

Apparently Trump has achieved his desired end state and is bringing the troop home.

Time will tell if this is a good decision.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 9:24:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It was a political strategy to try and substitute stuff for soldiers.

You can disagree, but there are very good arguments that Lend Lease epitomized isolationism.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 9:30:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Perhaps Trump has done the math and realizes our commitments in Syria, South Korea, etc. are fiscally unsustainable.

One of our British members, @Agent_Funky once pointed out that the US is learning the same lesson most empires learn the hard way: empires are expensive, and an empire is fiscally unsustainable unless it keeps expanding and exploiting new lands for resources.

What good is being World Police if it bankrupts us?
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 9:34:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You can disagree, but there are very good arguments that Lend Lease epitomized isolationism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You could also say that while America was isolationist, it's government was not.

All the leftists (coughcommunistscough) were hardcore isolationists right up until 22 June 1941.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 9:36:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I agree with you.

Apparently Trump has achieved his desired end state and is bringing the troop home.

View Quote
Fighting a war just for a stalemate is senseless you either fight to win and leave no enemy on the battlefield or don't bother. I have no problem with wiping out the Taliban. The shit birds don't deserve oxygen. However, just to fight and do nothing but achieve a stalemate with both arms tied behind our backs is never in the national interest nor worth the cost. Stalemates are not a strategy but a failure of will to win.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 9:38:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Far better than riding to war with the California 69th battalion under Ben Dover and his rough riders
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ewwww. I’d rather go Iowan Cornbraters (Reinforced) than that.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 9:42:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 9:51:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Mattis seemed like a good man and a good SECDEF.  He isn't the only one, though.  Just like everyone else, he can be replaced.

His resignation letter shows some serious tension between the President and Mattis, IMO.

God Bless, Gen Mattis.  Thank you for your service.

Here's hoping for another top notch pick.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 9:54:31 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote
Unfortunately, the most accurate meme of the week...
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 10:00:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Mattis shutdown Trump's desire to allow CCW on bases.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2018/02/23/trump-pushes-allow-troops-carry-personal-weapons-bases.html

President Donald Trump said Friday that he would review policies that keep troops from carrying personal weapons onto military bases.

"If we can't have our military holding guns, it's pretty bad," Trump said in a wide-ranging speech to the annual Conservative Political Action Committee conference in Maryland, "and I'm going to look at that whole policy on military bases."

"So we want to protect our military. We want to make our military stronger and better than it's ever been," Trump continued in the speech, in which he also renewed his call for allowing trained teachers and military retirees to carry concealed weapons in schools.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 10:06:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
There were an awful lot of people who trusted Mattis based on internet memes and pictures of him heroically portrayed. What did he actually accomplish to transform our military into a "Mattis-centric" force?

Was the military magically transformed under his leadership or did the SHARP training and other bullshit  (trannys, etc)stay the same? I think we know the answer to this. He was the same as all other people at his level. There is no connection to the soldier on the ground.
May he retire in peace.
View Quote
You sure are hung up about the LGBT thing in the military.  They had always been there and for the most part, nobody gave a shit.  It is such an insignificant issue, it has next to no bearing on overall readiness.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 10:10:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Read the letter.

He says in no uncertain terms why he resigned, and how his beliefs were at odds with the ideas and actions of the President.

Trump is a fool for ignoring Mattis.
View Quote
You think Mattis knows this stuff better than Trump?  Theirs a reason Trump is known as The God King Emperor, and it’s not because he’s a beta cuck to SJW soyboys like Marxist Mattis.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 10:12:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
You sure are hung up about the LGBT thing in the military.  They had always been there and for the most part, nobody gave a shit.  It is such an insignificant issue, it has next to no bearing on overall readiness.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There were an awful lot of people who trusted Mattis based on internet memes and pictures of him heroically portrayed. What did he actually accomplish to transform our military into a "Mattis-centric" force?

Was the military magically transformed under his leadership or did the SHARP training and other bullshit  (trannys, etc)stay the same? I think we know the answer to this. He was the same as all other people at his level. There is no connection to the soldier on the ground.
May he retire in peace.
Sorry you’re gal lost.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 10:15:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Fighting a war just for a stalemate is senseless you either fight to win and leave no enemy on the battlefield or don't bother. I have no problem with wiping out the Taliban. The shit birds don't deserve oxygen. However, just to fight and do nothing but achieve a stalemate with both arms tied behind our backs is never in the national interest nor worth the cost. Stalemates are not a strategy but a failure of will to win.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with you.

This may be a play to let us take the gloves off in Afghanistan, and fight a war like it is meant to be fought.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 10:18:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

This may be a play to let us take the gloves off in Afghanistan, and fight a war like it is meant to be fought.
View Quote
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-afghanistan-trump/u-s-considers-significant-afghanistan-troop-withdrawal-officials-idUSKCN1OJ2VN
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 10:26:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have to ask the same question that has already been asked, "What is the end goal?"
It looks to me like we can either purchase the leaders over there, or rule by force with an endless military presence, or both. But we can't liberate them then go home and watch a first world democracy grow where we planted it, because it will not happen. We leave, bad guys seize power and ruthlessly murder anybody who even spoke nicely with us. And the means that the blood and treasure we spent was all wasted.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 10:38:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

isis is practically eliminated but technically it is not totally 100% eliminated and technically there's a few trying to get a guerilla campaign going in Iraq as of this month. See Iraqi News for details https://www.militarytimes.com/flashpoints/2018/12/09/after-defeat-in-iraq-isis-fights-on-in-last-enclave-in-syria/
View Quote
ISIS will never be "eliminated" as long as the book the ideas spring from lives on.

There are only two options;

- beat that shit back when it becomes a problem
- destroy it completely

One of those isn't viable, that leaves us with the other.  Once the shit is beaten back, it's time to move on to other stuff.

Now is the time to move on to other stuff in that country.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 10:39:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obamacare repealed?  No.

Not because of his "strategy."

Wall is being built. Not as quick as desired. Funding. We'll see what the Senate does.
"See what the Senate does"?    That is not a strategy.

Not what you expect him to do when his own party was actively working to undermine him. McCain, Ryan.
 The political landscape was a given.  His strategy should have taken it into account.

What national security objectives are failing?
Have you actually read the National Security Strategy?
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 10:41:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I agree with you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not my job.  I know my mission and I execute it.

Ask the President about his desired end state.  That belongs to him.

He’s put them in harm’s way, and some have died.

One would assume that he had a reason.
I agree with you.

One would assume that his desired end state was articulated to Mattis, who then developed a strategy to achieve those goals.

And it sure sounds as though pulling out NOW is NOT in keeping with achieving that end state.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 11:00:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Mattis, who Trump described as a "bit of a Democrat":

- Nomination universally supported by Democrats and NeverTrumpers
- Involved in the Theranos scam
- Fought Trump to keep Transgendered troops in the military
- Fought Trump on sending troops to secure the border during the caravan
- Caught going behind Trump's back to try and hire CNAS Obama flunkies at DOD
- Pushed the "Global Warming is the REAL enemy" line
- Fought Trump on his campaign promise of ending the Afghanistan War

If you're throwing a tantrum over his exit, you're in the company of Democrats and NeverTrumpers.
Think about that.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 11:03:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So I did some checking up on a couple of Trump's National Security advisors reaction to this news and I'm a bit surprised at how shaken they are but they still have confidence in POTUS despite their opposition to these decisions, so the sky isnt falling
View Quote
Do they?

"Mattis is the last brake on a president that makes major life-and-death decisions by whim without reading, deliberation, or any thought as to consequences and risks," said a senior U.S. national-security official on Thursday, who spoke on the condition of anonymity in order to talk freely. "The saving grace is that this president has not been tested by a major national-security crisis. But it will come, and when it does, we are fucked."
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 11:17:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If you're throwing a tantrum over his exit, you're in the company of Democrats and NeverTrumpers.
Think about that.
View Quote
The "if you don't agree with me you're a democrat" line is so worn out...
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 11:24:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Mattis, who Trump described as a "bit of a Democrat":

- Nomination universally supported by Democrats and NeverTrumpers
- Involved in the Theranos scam
- Fought Trump to keep Transgendered troops in the military
- Fought Trump on sending troops to secure the border during the caravan
- Caught going behind Trump's back to try and hire CNAS Obama flunkies at DOD
- Pushed the "Global Warming is the REAL enemy" line
- Fought Trump on his campaign promise of ending the Afghanistan War

Think about that.
View Quote
Mattis is apolitical.

His testimony at his confirmation hearings spoke of "climate change" as a driver for famine and floods, etc, and therefore a factor in military planning.  This is common sense.

He was not speaking of man-made climate change.

And he in no way "fought to keep transgendered troops in the military."  Trump "ordered" the ban via a Tweet.  Mattis sought a formal order, and then convened a study to come up with a sound way of executing the order.  Trump's final and formal command was BASED on the Mattis Study.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 11:26:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Mattis is apolitical.

His testimony at his confirmation hearings spoke of "climate change" as a driver for famine and floods, etc, and therefore a factor in military planning.  This is common sense.

He was not speaking of man-made climate change.

And he in no way "fought to keep transgendered troops in the military."  Trump "ordered" the ban via a Tweet.  Mattis sought a formal order, and then convened a study to come up with a sound way of executing the order.  Trump's final and formal command was BASED on the Mattis Study.
View Quote
On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate Mattis?
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 11:28:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The "if you don't agree with me you're a democrat" line is so worn out...
View Quote
That's all you got from my post? Pointing out that you've been tricked by Democrats doesn't mean you are a Democrat; read that list a few more times.
On second thought, just read this: "James Mattis really is a Democrat."
Try cherry-picking that one.
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top