BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 22
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 5:56:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For what he does, or as a new Secretary of Defense?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
For what he does, or as a new Secretary of Defense?
For he has done.  No idea how he'll do as acting SECDEF.  I think he's unlikely to receive an appointment as the new SECDEF, mostly because he lacks military experience.  I think the President will want someone with strong .mil credentials to replace Secretary Mattis, as a matter of PR.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 5:58:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

He said decimated in Syria. ISIS held and controlled many towns and districts for years in Syria had a pretty large ground force spread throughout over 40,000. Now they are down to less then 600 fighters and are holed up in one small town which is surrounded by Russian and Syrian forces. Its time for our guys to leave Syria, they can clean up the rest.
View Quote
From last month
https://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2018/11/us-backed-forces-launch-counterattack-against-islamic-state-in-eastern-syria.php Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I imagine the President is reacted to a withdraw timeline of never and a request for a few hundred billion more in $$ to support securing Afghanistan from the same guys who didn't want to put US troops on the southern border. Pretty much what Bannon and Prince predicted when the brain trust sold the plan to President Trump in 2017.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read it.  You’re wrong.

And think about what you’re saying.

Mattis, Kelly and Pence all trying to convince the a President to maintain HIS policy.

Is there a chance that the President is....wrong?

Do you believe that US policy is whatever the President Tweets?
You must have missed this, I can remember when this happened and who was involved. I can also remember when Candidate Trump wanted to get US troops out.

President Trump Shifts on Afghanistan After Being Lobbied By, Pence, Mattis, Kelly, and the Bald Back Stabbing Prick.

Trump, who once backed withdrawal from Afghanistan, tries to sell the nation on deeper involvement
By BRIAN BENNETT and NOAH BIERMAN
AUG 21, 2017 | 8:10 PM
| WASHINGTON

-------------------------------------

VP Pence came out from a foreign trip early to lobby the President. Lots of promises were made by the DOD and the ones involved about what could be done. Bannon and other key supporters were upset at the President letting the US be drawn in deeper into Afghanistan. Erik Prince statted the President had been sold a bill of goods, he outlined why the ramp up would not change the situation and laid out things that could have been done to get the US out. He was vocal that the President was getting sold the same policies and strategies that had failed for 15 years.
I missed nothing.  Withdrawal has always been the policy, but NOT based on an arbitrary timeline.

The article points out that campaign rhetoric is often based on ignorance.  The Oresident learned this, but has now forgotten..

That Trump at one time recognized the need to surge makes this even worse.  He knows that it’s wrong to leave when the shitheads are on the ropes, yet he wants to anyhow.

This is arbitrary by any definition of the word.

This is the Obama policy, but more reckless.
I imagine the President is reacted to a withdraw timeline of never and a request for a few hundred billion more in $$ to support securing Afghanistan from the same guys who didn't want to put US troops on the southern border. Pretty much what Bannon and Prince predicted when the brain trust sold the plan to President Trump in 2017.
Trump has abandoned the policy of “annihilation” and has retreated to the Obama policy of merely “degrading” ISIS.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 7:15:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
He said decimated in Syria. ISIS held and controlled many towns and districts for years in Syria had a pretty large ground force spread throughout over 40,000. Now they are down to less then 600 fighters and are holed up in one small town which is surrounded by Russian and Syrian forces. Its time for our guys to leave Syria, they can clean up the rest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

“Decimating ISIS”?

That’s our metric for victory?

10%?
Our official policy is “annihilation.”

That’s not annihilation.

What you are describing is the Obama policy of degradation and leading from the rear.

Trump has been briefed on this.  He knows that ISIS is far from “defeated.”
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 7:56:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Trump has abandoned the policy of “annihilation” and has retreated to the Obama policy of merely “degrading” ISIS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read it.  You’re wrong.

Mattis, Kelly and Pence all trying to convince the a President to maintain HIS policy.

You must have missed this, I can remember when this happened and who was involved. I can also remember when Candidate Trump wanted to get US troops out.

President Trump Shifts on Afghanistan After Being Lobbied By, Pence, Mattis, Kelly, and the Bald Back Stabbing Prick.

Trump, who once backed withdrawal from Afghanistan, tries to sell the nation on deeper involvement
| WASHINGTON

VP Pence came out from a foreign trip early to lobby the President. Lots of promises were made by the DOD and the ones involved about what could be done. Bannon and other key supporters were upset at the President letting the US be drawn in deeper into Afghanistan. Erik Prince statted the President had been sold a bill of goods, he outlined why the ramp up would not change the situation and laid out things that could have been done to get the US out. He was vocal that the President was getting sold the same policies and strategies that had failed for 15 years.
I missed nothing.  Withdrawal has always been the policy, but NOT based on an arbitrary timeline.

The article points out that campaign rhetoric is often based on ignorance.  The Oresident learned this, but has now forgotten..

That Trump at one time recognized the need to surge makes this even worse.  He knows that it’s wrong to leave when the shitheads are on the ropes, yet he wants to anyhow.

If I go back to early November will DOD Press Briefings talk about ISIS being crushed or destroyed on their last legs or simply degraded? Will GO be bragging about rolling up ISIS or simply stating they were merely degraded and still a regional threat that required more forces to finish the job?
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 8:45:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The President may respect Kelly, but Kelly was deeply involved in lobbying the President to continue and expend US troop presence in Afghanistan with VP Pence, Mattis, the Bald Dickhead, and others. Kelly still believed that more time & US troops would work in Afghanistan. I am sure Kelly, Pence, and probably Mattis believed it. The Bald Dickhead, who knows WTF goes on that clown's mind.
View Quote
Who is the bald dickhead?
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 8:58:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 9:01:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The President may respect Kelly, but Kelly was deeply involved in lobbying the President to continue and expend US troop presence in Afghanistan with VP Pence, Mattis, the Bald Dickhead, and others. Kelly still believed that more time & US troops would work in Afghanistan. I am sure Kelly, Pence, and probably Mattis believed it. The Bald Dickhead, who knows WTF goes on that clown's mind.
McMasters is bald and a dickhead. He tried to control President's foreign policy by screwing over President Trump supporters who were scheduled to work on National Security issues by slow walking background checks among other bullshit. He had has other issue s with regard to his friends, and policies he supported. Gen. Flynn being replaced by Bald Dickhead out the President's policy efforts back over a year.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 9:06:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 9:12:49 PM EDT
[#10]
MSNBC is shameless. The level of hypocrisy is beyond description Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 9:58:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If I go back to early November will DOD Press Briefings talk about ISIS being crushed or destroyed on their last legs or simply degraded? Will GO be bragging about rolling up ISIS or simply stating they were merely degraded and still a regional threat that required more forces to finish the job?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read it.  You’re wrong.

| WASHINGTON

Go back this fall to the DoD testimony before the SSCI.  They could not have been more clear about the fact that the gains were “vulnerable” and that we had “a tough fight ahead.”
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 12:41:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Go back this fall to the DoD testimony before the SSCI.  They could not have been more clear about the fact that the gains were “vulnerable” and that we had “a tough fight ahead.”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read it.  You’re wrong.

| WASHINGTON

Basically the same thing they been saying about Afghanistan for the last 15 years.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 1:50:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 1:56:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Well, I'm glad that's been straightened out.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 10:17:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Basically the same thing they been saying about Afghanistan for the last 15 years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read it.  You’re wrong.

| WASHINGTON

No.  Their testimony was specific.   Numbers, etc.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 10:21:34 AM EDT
[#16]
ISIS is defeated.

Turkey WILL defeat ISIS.

See the contradiction?

Turkey doesn’t care about defeating ISIS.  Turkey wants to defeat the Kurds.

Syria and Russia don’t want to defeat ISIS.  They want to defeat the FSA and Assad’s opponents in the Syrian civil war.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 10:25:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Read it.  You’re wrong.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am beginning to think Mattis should have been fired.

April 2018 President Trump orders DOD to plan withdraw from Syria.

Trump instructs military to begin planning for withdrawal from Syria

By Karen DeYoung and
Shane Harris April 4
President Trump has instructed military leaders to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria as soon as possible and told them he wants Arab allies to take over and pay for stabilizing and reconstructing areas liberated from the Islamic State, according to senior U.S. officials.

In a meeting with top national security aides Tuesday, Trump backtracked on his public insistence that the troop exit was imminent, now that the militants were “close to 100 percent” defeated. Pressed by the president to tell him how much more time they needed to finish the job, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Joseph F. Dunford Jr. said it would probably be months, not years, officials said.

Trump agreed that the military, as fighting continued against remaining militant pockets, could train local security ­forces.

But officials said he stressed that U.S. strategic goals in Syria do not include longer-term stability or reconstruction efforts. He said he did not want to be having the same conversation about withdrawal six months or more from now.

--------------------------------------------------

So the President was not pulling the rug out from under the allies. He has been making it clear for months we were coming out soon, and Gen Mattis was being...insubordinate.
Calling Mattis insubordinate is ignorant.

He was following the President’s instructions to the letter.

It was to be “conditions based” and up to the commanders to determine when it was time.  The President insisted that it would not be an arbitrary timeline.

Also, essential to executing the President’s instructions was to turn the mission over to our allies.  You can’t ask your allies to take over OUR mission, while stabbing them in the back.  Mattis knew this.
It is apparent that if 7 months after the guys who were told to make preparations for the US to exit and to work with our allies on it are now saying that we are pulling the rug out from under our allies or abandoning our allies, that they never made any attempt to lay the preparations to withdraw.
That is 100% false.  Ignorant.

The process, the engagement with our allies, and the metrics for the transition were all being executed EXACTLY as the President instructed, and 100% in accordance with HIS “conditions-based” requirements.
Bullshit, the President was told it would only be a few months to hammer the last nails in ISIS after direct questioning on how long it take and he made it clear that US troops would be exiting afterward. Then no one should be surprised at the recent announcement. If people are now running around screaming we are pulling the rug out from under our allies, after being made aware that we would be leaving, it means they never attempted to do as they were ordered. So either they were once again attempting to snow the President on the pace of operations and were playing for time or they made no effort to work with our allies on our exit timeline. It is one or the other and neither are acceptable. Evern worse, it could be both.
Nope.  100% not true.

No “a few months” nonsense.  THAT is arbitrary and contrary to what the President and his spokesperson specifically said.

The President’s policy was “conditions based” and “annihilation.”

Without telling his National Security staff, he changed it back to the arbitrary timelines and feckless Obama policy of degradation.

Sad!
Go read the full article as well as some others. It looks like they were trying to snow the President again, just like they did on Afghanistan when Kelly, Mattis, Pence, and that Bald Prick lobbied the President not to withdraw from Afghanistan back in 2017.
Read it.  You’re wrong.

Link Posted: 12/24/2018 10:30:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Trump is throwing America under the bus if we do not maintain a state of perpetual war for at least the next 30 years.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 11:41:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Trump is throwing America under the bus if we do not maintain a state of perpetual war for at least the next 30 years.
View Quote
Sarcasm?
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 11:55:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
I’m curious as to your national security background?
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 12:15:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Still reeling over Obongo and his firing of Mattis……..so...…….if Mattis just gave him plans on how to bomb areas of WMD's and that DID start a war...…….then...…...wait for it...…….Obongo would have fired Mattis for NOT informing him it would start a war and having a strategy for that outcome.
View Quote
No Obama was asking Mattis to do the impossible.......
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 12:18:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still reeling over Obongo and his firing of Mattis……..so...…….if Mattis just gave him plans on how to bomb areas of WMD's and that DID start a war...…….then...…...wait for it...…….Obongo would have fired Mattis for NOT informing him it would start a war and having a strategy for that outcome.
Yes.

More to point, Obama didn’t really understand WHAT he was asking for.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 12:18:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
So, like I said, if Mattis only gave plans on doing what Obongo wanted but left out the "start a war" part, Obongo probably would have fired Mattis if a small war did break out.

In that regard it was an impossible situation.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 12:21:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yes.

View Quote
I disagree with that, otherwise he would not have fired Mattis informing him of the stark reality of what he was proposing.

He thought he understood and was incapable of hearing he was wrong apparently.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 12:28:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
FAST FORWARD TO 4:30 MARK MEADOWS AND JIM JORDAN SAY DIFFERENTLY
Partial government shutdown to begin after Congress adjourns early
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yes.

View Quote
Sure he did......same thing all politicians ask for. A war that works for them . Problem is that’s not the way it works. Obama wanted to take out Iran’s nuclear power........and still look good on CNN.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 12:49:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

ISIS is defeated.

Turkey WILL defeat ISIS.

See the contradiction?

Turkey doesn’t care about defeating ISIS.  Turkey wants to defeat the Kurds.

Syria and Russia don’t want to defeat ISIS.  They want to defeat the FSA and Assad’s opponents in the Syrian civil war.
View Quote
Turkey seems a little more focused on everyone but isis Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 12:57:42 PM EDT
[#28]
I’m just going to throw this turd out there....

I believe President Trump is trying to trade a war for a wall. And I think he’s been sold the idea that Prinz Inc and the SA /UAE can deal with Syria and AFG. Trump wants a wall bad enough to go along with it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 12:59:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I’m just going to throw this turd out there....

I believe President Trump is trying to trade a war for a wall. And I think he’s been sold the idea that Prinz Inc and the SA /UAE can deal with Syria and AFG. Trump wants a wall bad enough to go along with it.
View Quote
I have thought of that but can using military budgeted funds for a Wall end up before a Hawaiian judge???
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 1:03:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I have thought of that but can using military budgeted funds for a Wall end up before a Hawaiian judge???
View Quote
Yes, I posted the video from 2 Congressman leading the effort to get a wall who say don’t bother trying that because Hawaii judge. I even specified the time stamp in the 6 minute video so people don’t have to watch the entire Fox News interview. Either they or Rand Paul is wrong FAST FORWARD TO 4:30 MARK MEADOWS AND JIM JORDAN SAY DIFFERENTLY
Partial government shutdown to begin after Congress adjourns early
https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article223433000.html Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 1:13:13 PM EDT
[#31]
I keep hearing about how we need to keep at it until we annihilate ISIS and all the other bad guys.... I've been hearing that for 15 years... and it has kept us in a perpetual state of conflict....

I have also heard many times, that we are "This close" to wiping a certain group out... yet we never do.... Me thinks that it is time to stop this Blueprint, as it is a sham.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 1:31:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm just going to throw this turd out there....

I believe President Trump is trying to trade a war for a wall. And I think he's been sold the idea that Prinz Inc and the SA /UAE can deal with Syria and AFG. Trump wants a wall bad enough to go along with it.
View Quote
He fundamentally doesn't see an end so cut your losses now and get out. I can't see a fault in the logic.   We are quickly approaching the point where young people that weren't born yet could enlist and go fight in the war that started on 9/11.  The one worth while, and achievable goal was met years ago. There are no further milestones worth blood and treasure that can be achieved in afganistan...Syria is almost worse..who are the "good guys" in syria?

Nations cannot be built by outside forces, we can blow stuff up and kill people but the citizens of any potential nation have to build thier own society.   If the people aren't ready willing and able to do that it's just chaos and failure.  If we aren't going to pick a side and kill everyone else we aren't going to be successful...and we aren't going to do that...so..its a waste. Let them kill each other, we call winners.

We can't invade and occupy every nation that harbors terrorists.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 2:19:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Probably not.......but getting digged everyday with “where’s the wall” I’m sure has an effect. And I’m sure he looks at Syria and AFG as other presidents shit sandwiches anyway.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 2:23:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
He fundamentally doesn't see an end so cut your losses now and get out. I can't see a fault in the logic.   We are quickly approaching the point where young people that weren't born yet could enlist and go fight in the war that started on 9/11.  The one worth while, and achievable goal was met years ago. There are no further milestones worth blood and treasure that can be achieved in afganistan...Syria is almost worse..who are the "good guys" in syria?

Nations cannot be built by outside forces, we can blow stuff up and kill people but the citizens of any potential nation have to build thier own society.   If the people aren't ready willing and able to do that it's just chaos and failure.  If we aren't going to pick a side and kill everyone else we aren't going to be successful...and we aren't going to do that...so..its a waste. Let them kill each other, we call winners.

View Quote
True. Some would like us to believe this is about terrorism. It isn't. If it we're, we would have went after Iran first.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 2:26:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Now you see the pieces of the puzzle coming together and why Trump didn't want to ditch MBS because the MSM said so.

Link Posted: 12/24/2018 2:43:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Tomorrow Jared and Ivanka will finally tell him that Erdogan hates Jews and we'll see what nickname he comes up with.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 3:22:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Now you see the pieces of the puzzle coming together and why Trump didn't want to ditch MBS because the MSM said so.

https://screenshotscdn.firefoxusercontent.com/images/725f521c-456b-43e5-ad33-8d62ed7375a5.png

https://screenshotscdn.firefoxusercontent.com/images/90c59421-bdd3-4148-929b-66e61d43e531.png
View Quote
He’s right but it’s irrelevent. Saudi Arabia rarely follows through on anything. They can’t even manage Yemen which they consider vital to their border and national security. Saudi Arabia has made tons of claims about Lebanon, Syria, etc. in the past but they don’t follow through. Ask for Turkey help get Turkey problems. Expect Saudi help get Saudi problems. In the end you have to decide if it’s worth your national interest or not, accept the risks if you say it’s not. Another 9/11 happens but you say ah fuck it, we saved a lot of $ and American military casualties so it’s just the cost of doing business. We’ll take the loss and life goes on or if you can’t do that then commit and push hard for the best deal you can from lackluster or incompetent allies trying to scam you getting a free ride off your gravy train
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 3:27:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

He’s right but it’s irrelevent. Saudi Arabia rarely follows through on anything. They can’t even manage Yemen which they consider vital to their border and national security. Saudi Arabia has made tons of claims about Lebanon, Syria, etc. in the past but they don’t follow through. Ask for Turkey help get Turkey problems. Expect Saudi help get Saudi problems. In the end you have to decide if it’s worth your national interest or not, accept the risks if you say it’s not. Another 9/11 happens but you say ah fuck it, we saved a lot of $ and American military casualties so it’s just the cost of doing business. We’ll take the loss and life goes on or if you can’t do that then commit and push hard for the best deal you can from lackluster or incompetent allies trying to scam you getting a free ride off your gravy train
View Quote
I get that, but using "Another 9/11" as justification to keep feeding the machine is no different then how we built up the Soviet threat in the Cold war to keep getting bigger and more expensive Military. At what point do we break that cycle.

There is always going to be acts of Terrorism that we are not going to be able to stop... Us being all over the world killing select Bad guys is not going to change that.. and I have History on my side to prove it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 3:42:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
There are no good guys in Syria not even the YPG PKK Kurds but if you think they’ll only fight each other after we leave and forget about us, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. Lebanon is the best example of a nation in the Mideast completely sick of endless war. Yet Hezbollah roams Lebanon at will and isis cut off some Lebanese soldiers heads on the border with Syria. I’ll keep saying it till it’s a dead horse Muslim birth rates 40 more years to go. They’re popping em out like pez dispensers. Wanna end Islamic terrorism? Stave off today’s jihadists and come up with a plan to get their birth rates down Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I get that, but using "Another 9/11" as justification to keep feeding the machine is no different then how we built up the Soviet threat in the Cold war to keep getting bigger and more expensive Military. At what point do we break that cycle.

There is always going to be acts of Terrorism that we are not going to be able to stop... Us being all over the world killing select Bad guys is not going to change that.. and I have History on my side to prove it.
View Quote
I disagree with the USSR assessment but it doesn’t really matter either way. As long as Americans with open eyes say yes if there ever is another 9/11 we can accept that as a consequence of not feeding the war machine. Okay, I’m good with it. The panic in 2014 only reminded me of 2008 and everyone saying fuck that place, let’s get out of there. Make up your minds. If getting out in 2008 is good then why go back in 2014? Accept the consequence. Accept Chinese domination of the Pacific and all that goes with it like North Korean nuclear ICBMs and just build a better Star Wars anti ballistic shield to intercept any possible nuclear attacks if they ever come our way. Leave Theoretically we could have avoided WW2 if we just let Imperial Japan do it’s thing or rebuilt Hawaii. Improved defense of the Hawaiian islands and just stayed defensive. They only attacked the Aleutians, Santa Barbara and Oregon after Pearl Harbor. So just beef up West Coast defenses and don’t bother island hopping the Pacific back to Tokyo. Hitler didn’t even attack the USA. More American forces were dedicated to Europe than Japan. What’s that about?
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 4:22:13 PM EDT
[#42]
We are in Syria, because it is in OUR interests.

Saudi Arabia, Turkey, or the Kurds will always look after THEIR interests.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
There are no good guys in Syria not even the YPG PKK Kurds but if you think they’ll only fight each other after we leave and forget about us, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. Lebanon is the best example of a nation in the Mideast completely sick of endless war. Yet Hezbollah roams Lebanon at will and isis cut off some Lebanese soldiers heads on the border with Syria. I’ll keep saying it till it’s a dead horse Muslim birth rates 40 more years to go. They’re popping em out like pez dispensers. Wanna end Islamic terrorism? Stave off today’s jihadists and come up with a plan to get their birth rates down https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/5266405B-973B-42C4-BE55-972C23A813A1_png-783899.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are no good guys in Syria not even the YPG PKK Kurds but if you think they’ll only fight each other after we leave and forget about us, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. Lebanon is the best example of a nation in the Mideast completely sick of endless war. Yet Hezbollah roams Lebanon at will and isis cut off some Lebanese soldiers heads on the border with Syria. I’ll keep saying it till it’s a dead horse Muslim birth rates 40 more years to go. They’re popping em out like pez dispensers. Wanna end Islamic terrorism? Stave off today’s jihadists and come up with a plan to get their birth rates down https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/5266405B-973B-42C4-BE55-972C23A813A1_png-783899.JPG
Birth rates are almost inextricably linked to standard of living. Raise their standard of living and birth rates will fall. Lower western standard of living and birth rates will rise in the west.

China is a dumb exception.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Birth rates are almost inextricably linked to standard of living. Raise their standard of living and birth rates will fall. Lower western standard of living and birth rates will rise in the west.

China is a dumb exception.
View Quote
Tucker Carlson disagrees https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/02/tucker-carlson-middle-class-minority-america/
Middle class squeezed as California free-falls
Attachment Attached File
https://www.livescience.com/62592-birth-rate-declines-2017.html Attachment Attached File
Analysis: Yes, President Trump gets credit for the economy
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 5:22:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Different social groups have different standards of living. A snapshot of a region may not highlight the subgroups.
View Quote
https://www.foxnews.com/us/white-population-aging-rapidly-in-us-dying-faster-than-babies-are-born-data-show
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 7:59:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I disagree with the USSR assessment but it doesn’t really matter either way. As long as Americans with open eyes say yes if there ever is another 9/11 we can accept that as a consequence of not feeding the war machine. Okay, I’m good with it. The panic in 2014 only reminded me of 2008 and everyone saying fuck that place, let’s get out of there. Make up your minds. If getting out in 2008 is good then why go back in 2014? Accept the consequence. Accept Chinese domination of the Pacific and all that goes with it like North Korean nuclear ICBMs and just build a better Star Wars anti ballistic shield to intercept any possible nuclear attacks if they ever come our way. Leave Theoretically we could have avoided WW2 if we just let Imperial Japan do it’s thing or rebuilt Hawaii. Improved defense of the Hawaiian islands and just stayed defensive. They only attacked the Aleutians, Santa Barbara and Oregon after Pearl Harbor. So just beef up West Coast defenses and don’t bother island hopping the Pacific back to Tokyo. Hitler didn’t even attack the USA. More American forces were dedicated to Europe than Japan. What’s that about?
View Quote
So basically, we need to stay in a perpetual state of combat because the world is scary.. China is going to dominate.. Muslim's are going to out birth us... Iran and N Korea are going to Nuke us....

So basically same shit the last couple of Administrations told us.... Got it.

Me thinks Eisenhower was correct regarding the Industrial Military complex....
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 8:28:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So basically, we need to stay in a perpetual state of combat because the world is scary.. China is going to dominate.. Muslim's are going to out birth us... Iran and N Korea are going to Nuke us....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Our success and survival in this world DOES require constant vigilance.

It is a burden we must bear.

Do you disagree?
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 8:39:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Like I wrote, instead of complaining when foreigners do shit to us just accept the consequences. If everyone posted “IDGAF” whenever we got attacked or not my problem or sucks for the people who got killed or “oh well shit happens”. Then I’d be impressed by the accountability and honesty. What I’m hearing is ducking, dodging and hiding behind “military industrial complex” Get real with it, get down and dirty, disband the military and fight with Democrats over the $ saved and show me what you can do. For now Military indiustrial Complex sounds like a convienent scapegoat to excuse dealing with the reality that no wall is being built from the right and no Medicare for all from the left. Both sides say the military is taking that $ from them that would make America a better place. So I’m very happy to clap for both left and right joining to finally end the Military industrial complex just so they have no more excuses and it’s put up or shut up time. Less talk, more do Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 8:49:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
We are in Syria, because it is in OUR interests.

Saudi Arabia, Turkey, or the Kurds will always look after THEIR interests.
View Quote
That’s old thinking, now we do 100% expeditionary while under sequestration for the next 2 years, assuming Democrats lose the House in 2020 https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/New-Trump-Doctrine-for-foreign-policy/5-2178355/
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top