BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:00:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone who says price gouge about any product at any time in any place is a faggot of the utmost proportions.
View Quote

Why can’t I haz your ammo for cheap?!?
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:00:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

This.
He's got a history of doing this
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So he's gonna price gouge?

This.

Yep, not happy with that place before, and this puts a fork in it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:00:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Just bought 10,000 rds of Tula on a site for $3k shipped.

If you can do it then it would be best to go forward and make the purchase.

Don’t kick yourself later. No one here is going to start making cheap 7.62x39 soon.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:01:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

He lost a lot of respect by manipulating his inventory numbers. 10 in stock...7...3...1...

Then 10 in stock again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone who says price gouge about any product at any time in any place is a faggot of the utmost proportions.

He lost a lot of respect by manipulating his inventory numbers. 10 in stock...7...3...1...

Then 10 in stock again.

You're upset at him for metering his stock levels so he can accurately price his inventory to the market?
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:02:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

With his supply chain possibly being disrupted for months, years, or forever.what exact price should he sell his property to you for to keep you happy?
View Quote

This.

He's supposed to sell at yesterday's price forever?

Today's price has to be based on replacement cost - right now there probably is no calculable replacement cost.  Makes today's price pretty hard to determine, so he's wisely taking it off the table.

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:02:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

And GD talked shit about him for doing it. Can't win for losing around here. Sam gave people the opportunity to buy it while it was cheap, if they didn't take advantage of it in favor of talking shit, that's on them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

He sent emails for years saying "buy this shit while it's cheap".

And GD talked shit about him for doing it. Can't win for losing around here. Sam gave people the opportunity to buy it while it was cheap, if they didn't take advantage of it in favor of talking shit, that's on them.
Yep. Even a few weeks ago his emails blasts warned the Ukraine situation is heating up and Russian ammo prices today might look like a bargain tomorrow so stock up now.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:03:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I have about 10k 7.62x39. Going to save it now and shoot my 5.56 until other manufactures pick up the slack.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:03:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Don’t kick yourself later. No one here is going to start making cheap 7.62x39 soon.
View Quote

Once I started hand loading it I never looked back.

Was lucky enough to stumble into a couple deals on brass.

As an aside, Starline makes good brass and it’s competitively priced.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:03:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Ammo and primers are going to become more expensive.  

I hope everyone is ready for their $1 a round 9mm ball ammo to go with $5 a gallon gas.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:03:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep! AND I’ve got an 82
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:03:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I got no problem with him adjusting prices to match the market, but I hate how he won’t sell certain calibers to my zip code in Texas.
View Quote

WTF
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:04:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's an elastic good with multiple vendors, substitute suppliers, you don't need it to survive, and there's no monopoly on it.

He cannot price gouge, as it's a myth absent the above conditions.  He can adjust market price to the new demand curve, since his supply is now highly volatile.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:04:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Why did he lose respect for gauging demand?

How do you think price discovery occurs?
View Quote

He used to be the best in the game. I was a customer for thousands of dollars with him. The last few years have been more CTD though.

His business, his rules. And to an extent you're correct - if people are willing to pay then that must be what they're willing to spend.

But when your business is to suggest stock is almost out entirely to play on their fears and get them to pull the card out, I'll not do business with you again.

As ever, your mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:05:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wouldn't call charging the new market rate gouging.

Would you sell your ammo for what it was worth earlier?

His replacement cost will increase.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:05:11 PM EDT
[#15]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:05:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

With his supply chain possibly being disrupted for months, years, or forever….what exact price should he sell his property to you for to keep you happy?
View Quote

I dont have an AK so it can be $100 a round if he wants.

Its his ammo and his business. Im just calling it what it is.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:06:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Then 10 in stock again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then 10 in stock again.

He stated the reason he did that was to stop the neckbeards from taking it all and then turning around to sell it to you at a 200% markup.

Are you a neckbeard?
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:07:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Russian ammo imports were already over after the current contracts were filled from the last round of sanctions
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:07:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Is SG still $100 more per case of IMI 77gr than Midway
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:07:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

He used to be the best in the game. I was a customer for thousands of dollars with him. The last few years have been more CTD though.

His business, his rules. And to an extent you're correct - if people are willing to pay then that must be what they're willing to spend.

But when your business is to suggest stock is almost out entirely to play on their fears and get them to pull the card out, I'll not do business with you again.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used SG and Aim probably close to a 50/50 split pre 2020. The last 2 years SG is just no longer competitive. I don't even look there anymore. Aim and PSA are my go to for ammo now.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:07:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Meh.

I bought when he told to stack deep and said prices were at all time low.

When he said things were going to get bad, he gave plenty of warning.  Wish I had money then for m193, but I'll take the stacks of steel I could afford.

Only those who didn't buy cheap are pissy.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:08:24 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't know why I click on these threads anymore. "There's no such thing as price gouging!" lol, ok, it's something nearly everyone can identify and we have a name for it, yet it somehow doesn't exist.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:08:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your beef is with people that can't control their emotionally driven spending habits.  There were plenty of places selling ammo at the same price as Sam.  It's not his fault if people's Google is broken.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:08:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Can't sell it for less than you can restock it for and with that up in the air stopping sales isn't a bad idea
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:09:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Would those sanctions apply to ammunition that has already legally been imported into the United States?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably not a bad idea, unfortunately.  Biden would be more than happy to permanently close businesses like SG ammo and violating sanctions would be a good enough excuse.

Would those sanctions apply to ammunition that has already legally been imported into the United States?

Legally, no.  But we’ve seen some things that seem to defy legality at times, no?
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:09:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Other sites sell Bulgarian and other than Russian 7.62x39 but i see the prices have gone up this morning as well.  Global ordinance, tactical shit etc
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:10:11 PM EDT
[#27]
So what's this gonna be worth???

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:10:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

With his supply chain possibly being disrupted for months, years, or forever….what exact price should he sell his property to you for to keep you happy?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$87

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:10:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I don't blame him. If Russian ammo is a sig % of his inventory and sales and sanctions rob him of that inventory in the future he's smart to squirrel away that inventory so he has something to sell later.

Doing so vs not doing so might mean the difference of staying in business vs. laying people off or going out of business.
View Quote

Yep.

The average GD'er these days can't comprehend much beyond shitposting, though. Sad. Sam is an honest guy in a volatile business.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:11:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Business 101:
You sell your goods based on what replenishment will cost not based on what you paid for it.

He has no idea if or when or how much cost he can restock his Russian sourced ammo if the POTATUS decides to ban Russian ammo.

View Quote

This right here.  It absolutely amazes me how many folks here have no fucking concept of how to run a business.  Not to mention the fact that they've had no telling how long to stockpile at good prices, but now they're going to get pissy because a vendor decides to look out for his own best interests.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:11:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I used SG and Aim probably close to a 50/50 split pre 2020. The last 2 years SG is just no longer competitive. I don't even look there anymore. Aim and PSA are my go to for ammo now.
View Quote
blame the distributors, not SG
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:13:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll bet I know where you snagged it at
https://heritagearmory.com/tula-7-62x39mm-33-case-half-pallet-35-per-round/?sku=22110-1

Holy dogshit
Anyone got 18 grand to burn?

ETA: this business shows permanently closed and may be a scam
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:13:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

He sent emails for years saying "buy this shit while it's cheap".
View Quote

Nah bro, that was trying to incite a panic not warn the sleepy shooter that prices would go up in the future.

I wish this place had a sarcasm font.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:14:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never saw the inventory shenanigans but CTD is infamous for their negative savings right after the '08 election.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:14:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's likely hard to remain competitive if your main product has narrow margins whereas your competition is has diversified product to help keep the lights on so they might be able to sell it a bit cheaper..
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:15:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

https://heritagearmory.com/tula-7-62x39mm-33-case-half-pallet-35-per-round/?sku=22110-1

Holy dogshit
View Quote
Go big or go home

https://heritagearmory.com/tula-7-62x39mm-20-container-1-072-000-rounds-29-per-round/
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:15:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Holy dogshit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy dogshit

When it's delivered

When the credit card bill is due.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:15:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

If he puts it up for sale now it'll just get bought up by flippers.  I'd rather him make the money on it than some random dickhead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If he puts it up for sale now it'll just get bought up by flippers.  I'd rather him make the money on it than some random dickhead.

Aimless will be our go to ?
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:15:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You will run out of people to do business with if you don't understand business.

Do you really think Sam is sitting on a pile of gold tapping his fingers together or do you think he's a small business owner figuring out how to stay profitable, provide for his family and keep guys employed?

And before anyone says it, that's not being dramatic
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:16:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

So I take it you get the Cheaper Than Dirt catalog?
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:17:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So Aim doesn't buy ammo from distributors?
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:17:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Happy I bought a bundle of that custom Barnaul stuff he had a while back. Those 62 grain soft points for like 16 cents per round are pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:17:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

WTF
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got no problem with him adjusting prices to match the market, but I hate how he won’t sell certain calibers to my zip code in Texas.

WTF

Yeah. Big wtf.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:17:48 PM EDT
[#44]
A couple weeks ago I got 2000 rounds of wpa.45 for my Mac-10, which loves it. I bought specifically because I thought this shit would happen. Glad I did
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:18:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Then 10 in stock again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then 10 in stock again.

That’s my only real problem with him. It just seems sleazy. I have bought from him in the past but I’m  it sure I’ll do so again when there are other options out there.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:18:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

No he's going to price to what the market will bear.  If he prices steel case 5.45 at $250 per 1000 most of it will end up being resold for $450/k or more.  
Why should he let scalper make the money and not him?
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:18:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Ok yeah that's a good point. I loathe the flippers more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok yeah that's a good point. I loathe the flippers more.

I saw lots of them at the last gun show I went to.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:18:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Never bought from him before and won’t for certain now.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:18:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Russian ammo imports were already over after the current contracts were filled from the last round of sanctions
View Quote

Ordered a couple cases yesterday before Putins speech and grabbed 1 more just now. Most sites went up but I'm not paying that right now. Hopefully my orders don't get canceled because I just need enough to hold me over until PSA comes through.

Didn't plan on training too much with AKs but I want to shoot them and steel 223 was going to be my new wolf gold until bras came down a bit

We already knew it was finite anyway and after the initial panic it started to sit again and I was trying to stack but oh well.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:19:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It's likely hard to remain competitive if your main product has narrow margins whereas your competition is has diversified product to help keep the lights on so they might be able to sell it a bit cheaper..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SG can sell guns and parts too.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top