Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:19:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Why y’all hate capitalism??

Stacked that shit deep back in the salad days when you shoulda been too.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:21:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I dont have an AK so it can be $100 a round if he wants.

Its his ammo and his business. Im just calling it what it is.
View Quote

How is it price gouging? Explain how people are forced to buy it at higher than what you say it should be priced at. I have 2 cases of 7.62x39 that I paid $25 a case for many years ago from a friendly ffl that was going out of business. If I sold those case for$35 in your eye I am price gouging. Bernie Sanders thanks you for your support. You should go take an economics or business class in school.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:21:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Yup got loads of that and Wolf 9MM…
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:21:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'll bet I know where you snagged it at
https://heritagearmory.com/tula-7-62x39mm-33-case-half-pallet-35-per-round/?sku=22110-1

Holy dogshit
Anyone got 18 grand to burn?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just bought 10,000 rds of Tula on a site for $3k shipped.

If you can do it then it would be best to go forward and make the purchase.

Don’t kick yourself later. No one here is going to start making cheap 7.62x39 soon.

I'll bet I know where you snagged it at
https://heritagearmory.com/tula-7-62x39mm-33-case-half-pallet-35-per-round/?sku=22110-1

Holy dogshit
Anyone got 18 grand to burn?

Yep. $100 flat rate shipping o. 10k
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:21:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

So I take it you get the Cheaper Than Dirt catalog?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone who says price gouge about any product at any time in any place is a faggot of the utmost proportions.

So I take it you get the Cheaper Than Dirt catalog?

I do not.

I shop at a variety of places for a variety of different reasons. I just am not under the delusion that WhiskersTheCat is the market and they should do what I want.

Instead I have the novel idea where business owners do what's best for them, and I determine what's best for me and then I don't bitch about places I don't buy from online.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:22:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I never saw the inventory shenanigans but CTD is infamous for their negative savings right after the '08 election.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/125478/ctdnegativesavings_jpg-2289684.JPG
View Quote

Exactly. It was not as flatly egregious as CTD, but it upset a lot of people on AkFiles, myself included.

I put away 50,000 rounds of 7.62 x 39 before the 2016 election. I bought 15 cases at a time from Akron Reserve Ammunition and 5-10 at a time from Sam.

Since then I'll occasionally top up with 3-5 cases from various groups. I did buy from SG to get a tin of 7.62 x38 nagant just after the election, but the common calibers can be had from many other stores now.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:22:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah. Big wtf.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got no problem with him adjusting prices to match the market, but I hate how he won’t sell certain calibers to my zip code in Texas.

WTF

Yeah. Big wtf.

Won’t sell any 7.62 or .50bmg to south Texas, not even Corpus. He told me he’s been investigated by the feds too many times in reference to ammo ending up in Mexico. Can’t say that I blame him for not selling to new customers, but I’ve been buying from him since the beginning.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:23:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Basically reads like they want to hold it and see how high the price can get up to.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:24:00 PM EDT
[#9]
That's most of what I've been shooting in my M16
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:24:43 PM EDT
[#10]
The poors must stop
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:25:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I can see both arguments. I stopped buying from SGA because he was charging sales tax before it was required, the panicky and whiney emails back in the day, and his current prices are some of the highest. I doubt I will ever buy anything from SGA again.

Like emails in the past, this is bad optics for him, he should have just quietly pulled his Russian ammo and kept his mouth shut, he doesn’t seem to be able to keep his mouth shut. That is his only mistake here.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:26:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah I used to like Sam but good for them and capitalism, I just chose to not spend money there for the last 3 years. It appears I chose correctly
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:27:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Basically reads like they want to hold it and see how high the price can get up to.
View Quote

Yes, and when he does decide to put the ammo on the market, how should he price it?  Below market value?
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:28:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So he's gonna price gouge?
View Quote

I'll give you $5/20 for M193 or are you a "price gouger" too?
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:30:10 PM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes

TFS Integra: Oh, fuck all kinds of duck.

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:31:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

He sent emails for years saying "buy this shit while it's cheap".
View Quote

I didn't buy enough
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:32:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Fuck SG Ammo, that greedy fuck can sit on his overpriced steel case. I used to buy almost exclusively from him until his shenanigans during the riots/Covid bullshit. This just confirms he’s just another retailer who just wants to fuck over fellow gun owners, like half the neck beards and dipshits on GD.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:33:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
He's got a history of doing this

Yep!  Wish I had a box of ammo every time he said that in emails.  I would be sitting on a gold mine
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:34:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Can’t wait for the PSA ammo plant to get up and running
View Quote

Can’t wait for their MP5’s
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:35:19 PM EDT
[#20]
He is doing the smart thing.

-a guy who sells things that have been in very short supply and unknown restock plans over the last 2 years. (I know, everything seems like it's been like that, but some more than others)
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:36:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Don't buy it

Ak ammo is not done and we knew it was done from Russia soon enough anyway. People already stopped panic buying steel case (besides me) and it came down.

PSA gets most of my money anyway and they have a lot invested in russian calibers so let him get what he can.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:36:06 PM EDT
[#22]
What a crock of shit, wants to cause prices to rise by creating a shortage IMO
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:36:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Everyone who bought cases of Pmags to sell when they get banned one day.  You paid $7 per mag.  Anything more that $10 will be price gouging.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:36:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Fuck SG Ammo, that greedy fuck can sit on his overpriced steel case. I used to buy almost exclusively from him until his shenanigans during the riots/Covid bullshit. This just confirms he’s just another retailer who just wants to fuck over fellow gun owners, like half the neck beards and dipshits on GD.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:37:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, and good for him. It's called capitalism.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:37:12 PM EDT
[#26]
He's making a prediction.
Don't know who he is and have never ordered through them but he could be right.

Or wrong and not make any money in the short term.
His call.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:38:36 PM EDT
[#27]
In this thread we find out who hates capitalism.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:39:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
He's making a prediction.
Don't know who he is and have never ordered through them but he could be right.

Or wrong and not make any money in the short term.
His call.
View Quote
It's a safe bet that all Russian ammo imports are coming to a screeching halt.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:40:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Can’t wait for their MP5’s
View Quote

They actually shut that down to make ammo instead. The 9mm that they are starting with seems better quality than the Russian stuff at least on my initial impressions. It looks better then most of the ball 9 I have actually just hope it shoots with no kaboom issues

Knock on wood
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:41:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Everyone who bought cases of Pmags to sell when they get banned one day.  You paid $7 per mag.  Anything more that $10 will be price gouging.
View Quote

Boom.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:41:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why are you so emotionally invested in a business transaction?  If you can buy it for less somewhere else, do it.  You won, he just lost the sale.  SGAmmo is not friends with anyone here, they exist to sell ammo, maximize their profits and maintain/grow their business.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:42:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Even with the Russian stuff happening/sanctions, I've been seeing lots of brands of Russian Ammo I have never seen before on the shelves.

I bought a box of Fetter buckshot the other day. Never heard of Fetter before

They also had Fetter #5 lead on the shelf with pics of ducks on the box, obviously not made for US Market....
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:42:47 PM EDT
[#33]
I have no problem with SGammo.  This isn't price gouging, not even close.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:43:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

He does it to make a living. Do you work for less then market rate ?
Something a lot of people don't understand is the gun business is bust and boom. Everyone complains when prices are high that the guy is "gouging" but when its slow for a few years after the panics and he isn't making any money how many people give him money so he can stay open ? Maybe he needs the money from when its high to survive the slower times. Or would you rather everyone close up ? Think about it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:44:34 PM EDT
[#35]
He didn't want my CA money. Targetsportsusa, outdoorslimited, and Global Ordinance have earned my business for selling to CA. Last month got 2 cases of Arsenal 7.62x39 from GO.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:44:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Something a lot of people don't understand is the gun business is bust and boom. Everyone complains when prices are high that the guy is "gouging" but when its slow for a few years after the panics and he isn't making any money how many people give him money so he can stay open ? Maybe he needs the money from when its high to survive the slower times. Or would you rather everyone close up ? Think about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That may be asking too much around here.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:45:46 PM EDT
[#37]
If you go on ammoseek 7.62x39 is at a good price. .31 to .35 cents per round... Better than it has been for a while anyway.

Just sayin'
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:45:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

There has to be a billion pmags in circulation by now with thousands a day being made.

Not a bad investment but you will shoot the wealthiest ammo fort on arfcom before you ware out a fee dozen pmags.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:47:45 PM EDT
[#39]
I have no problem with it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:48:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Even with the Russian stuff happening/sanctions, I've been seeing lots of brands of Russian Ammo I have never seen before on the shelves.

I bought a box of Fetter buckshot the other day. Never heard of Fetter before

They also had Fetter #5 lead on the shelf with pics of ducks on the box, obviously not made for US Market....
View Quote

Quoted:
If you go on ammoseek 7.62x39 is at a good price. .31 to .35 cents per round... Better than it has been for a while anyway.

Just sayin'
View Quote

Seemed like they knew it was coming or something because I've never seen so much Russian stuff in my years.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:48:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Ordered a couple cases yesterday before Putins speech and grabbed 1 more just now. Most sites went up but I'm not paying that right now. Hopefully my orders don't get canceled because I just need enough to hold me over until PSA comes through.

Didn't plan on training too much with AKs but I want to shoot them and steel 223 was going to be my new wolf gold until bras came down a bit

We already knew it was finite anyway and after the initial panic it started to sit again and I was trying to stack but oh well.
View Quote
PSA needs to take over the AK ammo market.

Fuck Russia
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:49:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:49:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Gonna pull it for awhile before relisting at 4x the price.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:49:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Anyone who says price gouge about any product at any time in any place is a faggot of the utmost proportions.
View Quote

yes
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:50:13 PM EDT
[#45]
I have zero issue with it. His supply will dry up, so he needs to squeeze what he can out of it to make up for supply disruption which isn't his fault.  He's running a business, not a charity.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:52:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
PSA needs to take over the AK ammo market.

Fuck Russia
View Quote

They will

I was hoping to get as much as I could afford until they had it flowing consistently but this might of helped me cut out the purchases on Russian stuff I've been going a little over board with since the sanctions.

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:52:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:55:45 PM EDT
[#48]
In for the price adjustment lulz
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:56:43 PM EDT
[#49]
SG used to be my go to for ammo. It has become cheaper to buy it local.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:56:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol yeah we all got those weekly
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top